How to replay to a person that say they don't believe in God ?

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Getting someone to read a book these days can be hard but that's probably the best way to learn about God. I like "I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist" by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek

Frank Turek also has a YouTube page: Cross Examined

Here's one of his videos:

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't try to convert her or attack her positions, that will only cause her to become defensive and make her not want to engage with you.

Just be a good example and show her what a Christ-centered believer can do for others. Make it so that she wants to imitate you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do I replay to this person that say they don't believe in God, she is not my close friend,but sometimes I speak with this person. What to say any how by not attacting her.
Hi, Canada90 :) I see you are a newer member, here; so welcome to Christian Forums! :)

And I see you identify as being from Lithuania. I am very glad to meet you; God bless you. Thank you for making the effort to share with us in English.

Your English is very good. But I can offer a couple things; so I hope it is ok for me to comment >

Instead of "replay to this person", you mean "reply", or "answer".

And you say, "What to say any how by not attacting her." This can be " "What to say so I am not attacking her."

I think Strathos has given an encouraging answer >

Just be a good example and show her what a Christ-centered believer can do for others. Make it so that she wants to imitate you.
And trust God for what to say.

Each person can have different thinking and reasons for believing in God or not believing in Him. So, I would say get to know the person, and keep talking, find out what possibly can help the person. And God is the One who does what she really needs, in her.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do I replay to this person that say they don't believe in God, she is not my close friend,but sometimes I speak with this person. What to say any how by not attacting her.
Perhaps you should ask (not tell) her how the universe exists and is not chaos without there being a superior intelligence behind it.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What to say so I'm not attacking her.

I think some of the above suggestions are very important and useful. Don't push. Let it happen.

In that regard, you might ask her why she does not believe in God and then show some honest interest in and understanding of her reasons.

Then you might say: If you're interested I can bring you a book that explains why I believe God is real.

If she says no thank you, let it go and don't bring it up again unless asked. Just keep letting your light shine.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Canada90, pray for her, and for the Lord to give you opportunities to speak to her about Him. As a witness, look for opportunities to share at least part of what being a Christian has meant to you personally, and further, if possible, what your life was like before you were a Christian. Also, try to work a Scripture verse or two into your conversations with her whenever possible (though you may have to do so very carefully at first). St. Paul tells us plainly what that is so important to do if possible .. Romans 10:17.

Atheists, while not believing in God, normally do believe in themselves, particularly in their own intelligence, so asking them leading questions so that they can draw their own conclusions is usually best (again whenever possible). A book that may prove valuable in helping you do that effectively is this one by Gregory Koukl, Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions.

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - honesty is also extremely important as a Christian witness. If she asks you a question that you cannot answer or are not sure of (about God, the Bible or the faith), don't try to impress her with knowledge that you don't have ;) Instead, tell her the truth, that you don't know or that you're not sure, and that it's a question that you'd like to know the answer to for yourself (and that you'll get back to her as soon as you have it). This will also give you the perfect opportunity to speak to her again about God, yes? :oldthumbsup:

1 Peter 3
15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How wonderful that you want to help this woman!
When I encounter someone like that, I ask the Holy Spirit to show me where to go with the conversation and what to say.
Though most people will say they don't see "scientific" evidence that God exists, their real reason is some incident in their life that hurt so badly, they thought God must have abandoned them. That may or may not be the case with your acquaintance.
I would definitely pray and ask God how to respond to that person. Then, look for your opportunities, listen to the heart of what she says to you, and respond accordingly, asking God for wisdom the whole time. I think He will meet you there. God bless you!

Upvote 0