What would you say to a person who believes that all three members of the Trinity are extremely dark and wicked?

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a friend of mine from my childhood who is a completely different man. He tells me nowadays that he believes that God and Jesus Christ are extremely evil people who are just out to destroy everyone eventually. He doesn't believe that Jesus is good and literally hates him. He truly believes that Jesus has a very, very, dark heart. I am confused because I don't know where to start. Any advice?

Last edited:

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a friend of mine from my childhood who is a completely different man. He tells me nowadays that he believes that God and Jesus Christ are extremely evil people who are just out to destroy everyone eventually. He doesn't believe that Jesus is good and literally hates him. He truly believes that Jesus has a very, very, dark heart. I am confused because I don't know where to start. Any advice?
Hard as it might be ….you wait for the open door, and never push to hard when it begins to open.

You know the old saying: you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink…. that’s true…..but you can salt the path along the way. It’s not strategic manipulation …. it’s just using wisdom.

You can never speculate when the door will open ….but when God shows you a chink in the armor …you occupy it with the wisdom and love of God ….enough to make him think .. until he is ready for more.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Pray for them -- they are under the deception of Satan.

Give Him a very short presentation of the Gospel.

Then Ask him to read a short presentation of the real Gospel --

Consider Reading this --
Story of Redemption

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, asking the Lord to help remove their blinders as He did with us.

"...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." (II Cor 4:4).

Last edited:
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't believe that Jesus is good and literally hates him. He truly believes that Jesus has a very, very, dark heart
I've known people like that but they use what they see going on around them as their reason. They have a misconception that God controls everything. Humankind is causing the suffering around us. God does not control what we do He just tries to teach us. If we followed "Love thy neighbor" we wouldn't have the problems we have today because we are all selfish to some degree. Be Blessed

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are many people that have a distorted idea of the character of God. Need to determine if this person's view comes from their own study of scripture or from the ideas presented by others. When one studies the character of Jesus and how He lived His life on earth .... there is nothing dark about Him at all. God/Jesus are out to save ... not destroy ... but we are given the choice of having Jesus help us overcome our sin ... or not .... God does not force himself on anyone.

He should study the life of Jesus for himself.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The question is why your friend has arrived at these beliefs, whether from a negative life experience they won't forgive God for, or perhaps they have been chewing on the negative ideas of others. Perhaps both or something different.

I would talk to them gently to figure out why they believe what they do before going ahead with a Gospel presentation or debate. If I don't know what is going on, I risk hurting them and driving them away.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I take it that you have had at least one conversation with him about this. How did it start? Is there opportunity to bring it up, or does he provide the opportunity by starting it? First you have to feel free with him to talk about it, and if so, you have to stay on point and not let him lead you down a dark path. You can't be lost where you have nothing more to say. At the very least, you need to be able to say that you're sorry he has such a dark view of God, and that you don't believe the way he does.

It seems to me that you need to know the gospel like the back of your hand. What you're trying to do is called apologetics, or "defending the faith" (Jude 3). Unbelievers have objections, and we should be able to answer them with knowledge of the Bible, in order to reach them (or others thinking the same thing who are not activists) - 1 Pet. 3:15. It is likely that he doesn't see the hope that is in Jesus, so he fears death and eternal condemnation, and thus has created a justification in his mind to reject the message of truth. It is very difficult for a person to live with a guilty conscience.

Ultimately, you need to ask yourself if his friendship is worth keeping. Paul wrote "be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers..." and this could apply in just about every area of life. There was a point at which I had to forsake all my unbelieving friends, because their influence on me was not good for me. Some of them no doubt said "good riddance." Nevertheless, Jesus' emphasis was on doing good, saying "let your light shine before men so that they see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
2 epistle John. Verse 9 . Who so ever trangresseth and abides not in the doctrine of christ, hath not God. He that abides in the doctrine of christ, he hath both the Father and the Son

Our job as Christian people is to plant seeds for God. Those who reject Jesus. They are going to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked until judgement day.

Mabey during millennium they might change their ways and turn back to God. They are accountable for themselves. Plant seeds for God and worry about your self.

Christian people are not baby sitters. Grown adults make their own decisions.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool utters all his mind; But a wise man keeps it in till after wards.

If he doesn't listen to sound counsel. He will sink his own ship. And keep distance from him. His mind is subverted.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As you enter the house, greet it. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Mathew 10: 12-14

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums