Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The arrival of Christ for the second time accomplishes many things including the vials of wrath and destroying the army of the beast at Armageddon as well as resulting in the beast and false prophet being cast into the LOF. There is one more thing mentioned during the second coming that many do not notice which is the future rule over the nations which proves there are unsaved mortals that are set aside for being ruled over by the rod of iron:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Here rule/poimaino is in the FUTURE tense meaning it will happen at some point AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon while treadeth/pateo is written in the PRESENT tense meaning it is happening during this second coming and slaying. This proves the Premill position because indeed there is a future rule of people who were not slain during the second coming that Christ and his saints will rule over.

Since scripture does not contradict itself, there are no scriptures which state all mortals are slain at the second coming leaving none to be ruled over.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule (G4165 poimainō) them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

shall rule: poimanei (ποιμανεῖ) - verb tense: future indicative active

If the verb was in the present tense it would be spelled differently:

Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed (G4165 poimainō) my sheep.

Feed: poimaine (Ποίμαινε) - verb tense: present imperative active

So, when it is future tense it is spelled poimanei (ποιμανεῖ) and when it is present tense it is spelled poimaine (Ποίμαινε).

This info came from the Strong's concordance and the interlinear at biblehub.com

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My standard reply is, all that matters is Jesus is coming again.

Why because do you really think you will care about any millennial view once you see Jesus.

These are merely means of testing one's biblical knowledge and in extreme cases causing people to be frightened.

Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not everyone will be at the battle of Armageddon.

Israel will have returned to her land, dwells safely, then Gog comes and
tries to take the cattle that she gained while she dwelt safely.

After this time, is when the 1000 years of His reign on the earth begins and
people must come to worship Him or they will get no rain.
year to year
Zechariah 14 shows this point in time. - a great tumult
Judah fights and gains more wealth. gold, silver, apparel in great abundance.
camels and mules are there

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20 agrees with the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Wayne Grudem's book Systematic Theology has an excellent description of the millenium in it, and takes you though the fact that Christians raptured as part of the church will reign in our eternal bodies while sinners are still on the earth in that time, which was complete news to me when I read his book but afterward it is clear as day in Scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0