Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
After my husband and I moved to this city a little more than a year ago, we started shopping around for a church here. We eventually (around April of last year) found a couple that we liked. They have services at different times, so we continued to go to both while we made up our minds. We have now found that we have settled in much better at one of them, and we want to make more of a commitment to it. I've actually been feeling this way for a long time (based on a gut feeling), but my husband has only recently come to this place, because he's started to see some serious problems in the one church and has realized how much more on-base the other church is in comparison. So basically, my gut feeling and his observation and logic eventually brought us to the same place. We're now on the same page, which is good.

The problem is, breaking away from the church we want to leave is going to be extremely difficult, because we get phoned by people in various ministries there on a weekly basis, asking us to do one thing or another. They leave us messages on our voice mail saying things like, "Will you do such-and-such for us this week? I'm going to assume you'll do it, so phone me if you can't and let me know."

So it's not like we can just quietly exit; if we leave, it's like we'll have to tell each and every person who's counting on us and give our explanations.

And they have us involved in more long-term activities as well, like they have my husband scheduled for ushering until April, and they have me redesigning the website (and people are taking their time getting me all the info and photos I need for it, and it looks like things are going to keep trickling in over the next month or so, being placed in our mailbox at the church).

So it's like we can't just up and leave without letting a lot of people down.

I am comfortable saying no to anything new anyone asks me to do, but my husband is a very nice guy and says yes to everything because he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or disappoint anyone.

Also, we're afraid that the pastor will take it hard if we leave, because he's been grasping at straws lately trying to bring more people into the church, especially more people under the age of 60 (there aren't many of us there!), and nothing seems to be working. If he loses us, it might really discourage him.

I feel like I can't keep doing this though. I don't have the energy to be involved and serving in two different churches. I want to tell people at the church we want to leave that we've settled in at another church and want to go there exclusively now. But my husband doesn't want to do that, because he's afraid of hurting people's feelings. He wants to wait until something specific happens that will seem to justify our leaving. (Like we get rebuked for something, for example.)

Does anyone have any advice? I can't promise to follow it, since my husband makes the final decisions around here, but I do want to know what people think. What would you do in this situation?

E

eiafykc

You are both taking a lot of responsibility for things that are not 'your' issues. For example, saying 'yes' to everything so you don't hurt feelings, not leaving the church because you don't want to hurt the pastor's feelings ... what is there about that? The pastor will be used to people coming and going. It's par for the course. Churches have a lot of movement. Why do you feel you need for something to happen to justify your leaving the church? Why do you need an excuse? You don't. Wouldn't it be better to leave positively? And that also leaves the door open for a return in future should you decide to do that.

I would just let the pastor know what you have said here. You have been trying two churches and while it's been a hard decision, you've decided to go to the other one as it is a better fit for you right now. They will understand that and not take it personally. And if they do, it's not your issue.

The rosters can be adjusted for ushering (that's someone else's problem and job, not yours). Leaving the website might be more of an issue so you could decide to finish that since that's a harder commitment to walk away from. But it would be quite reasonable for you to set a deadline and say you need everything in by .... (say two weeks away) and will work on the website after that, have it finished by .... (date) and just work with what you have. If other people don't get organised with getting the stuff to you by the deadline, that's not YOUR issue.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some suggestions: Get a scheduled meeting with the Pastor and be honest with him. You must face the music. Tell him you will be praying for his church. I would tell the Pastor why you are leaving and maybe a couple other people you feel the most comfortable with and that is it. Other than the pastor and only about 2-3 more people - I wouldn't answer the phone. Exit out slowly but surely - do one or two less things at a time - this way it will be easier on the church. You could all at once; it really depends how involved you are at this church.

If you don't do this, you and your husband may feel so stressed and burned out that it won't be worth it at all. There is such a word as "No". God made us to take only so much stress and doesn't want us to burn both ends of the candle - I have been there.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think straight-up honesty is the best approach here. And you don't need to tell everybody at all - just the pastor.

Let him know how much you're enjoyed the church and appreciated the opportunity to be involved, but that you have always been there on more of a trial basis and feel you fit better in another church you've also been attending. Tell him you will continue praying for him and the other church members, but that after X date you'd like to have made the transition. Let him know about the calls you're getting for ministry work and ask him to remove your name from the volunteer list after X date.

There's no easy way, especially in a small church where everyone knows everyone else.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hmm... indeed... how does one leave a church, especially a small church which has now become dependant upon you for so much?

Certainly one could look at the scriptures:

Matthew 5:41-42
41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

and begin to question what we are responsible for as a Christian. That is tremendously difficult, isn't it[narrow is the way...]? To devout your full-life to being perfect, walking as a perfect Christian; and it's completely understandable that you don't want to be taken advantage of, or that you don't feel comfortable being asked to take on the responsibility of the church in-front of you; it's very hard to obtain, and we can't be perfect... Jesus was the only perfect one; fortunately he gave us an intecessor, the Holy Ghost... whom[Jesus said] would teach us all things and bring all things unto our rememberance[John 14:26]. It could be that the Lord, Most High, is calling you to lead this church back towards Him; that you can see the changes you want to have done for others, by wanting them for yourself; or, maybe, as many others have pointed out here... you're meant to let this church fix itself and you're not the ones to bring it the hope it needs to rejuvenate the hope of it into a brighter light.

I think there is a perfect time for a Revival, if there ever was a need for one; the Lord said he makes us "Kings and priests"[Rev.5:10] and perhaps it is a great time to express our faith by calling upon his Holy name for the spirit to bless this small church; it was said if we can have the faith of a mustard seed... do not fear that this will not happen; know that it is already in the works, and upon this day and forever more; the Grace of the Lord shall fall upon those whom have thirsted and desired for His Holy guidance; never again shall these people be in want, Go now.

Grace and peace be upon you.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ameilie, your life with our Lord Jesus Christ is your life, not the pastor's life, or anyone else in the church that appreciates your help.

Don't allow anyone make you feel guilty or a shame.

You are basically saying "NO" to the church and you want to move on. So don't worry about what part of the word "NO" will they not understand.

Move on and tell them what you are doing. Don't go into any detail, and say things that are not true. If they ask you why you are going, all you need to say that it's time to move on.

The pastor is struggling, and by you staying in that church isn't going to make any difference to the challenge that faces him.

His challenge isn't your challenge.

Your choice and decision is your choice and decision. Say "NO", and stop saying "YES".

Just tell them that you and your husband have decided to move on. Be honest and straithforward, and don't let the dust settle on your shoes.

No doubt you and your husband feel good about the other church, but remember we go to church for our Lord Jesus Christ, and NOT for other people's feelings.

Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
See my responses in purple.

After my husband and I moved to this city a little more than a year ago, we started shopping around for a church here. We eventually (around April of last year) found a couple that we liked. They have services at different times, so we continued to go to both while we made up our minds. We have now found that we have settled in much better at one of them, and we want to make more of a commitment to it. I've actually been feeling this way for a long time (based on a gut feeling), but my husband has only recently come to this place, because he's started to see some serious problems in the one church and has realized how much more on-base the other church is in comparison. So basically, my gut feeling and his observation and logic eventually brought us to the same place. We're now on the same page, which is good.

So what you are saying is the God has brought both of you on one accord in where He desires for you to be. That’s awesome. As the woman you carry your marriage in the womb, and as you continue to pray for you and your husband to be on one accord God will move. Don’t lose sight of this. God is showing you how to birth out the levels He has for your marriage.

The problem is, breaking away from the church we want to leave is going to be extremely difficult, because we get phoned by people in various ministries there on a weekly basis, asking us to do one thing or another. They leave us messages on our voice mail saying things like, "Will you do such-and-such for us this week? I'm going to assume you'll do it, so phone me if you can't and let me know."

Do not allow people to manipulate and control you using guilt. People will drain you if you let them. We are supposed to serve in love with a spirit of excellence and humility bringing all glory to God. When there is a lot of confusion, you know God is not in that. You need to serve in the departments and at the local church where God plants you at. A lot of times people can see the anointing that is on our lives and they will try to prostitute it and we can fall victim because half the time we don’t understand the anointing that is on our lives.

So it's not like we can just quietly exit; if we leave, it's like we'll have to tell each and every person who's counting on us and give our explanations.

The only thing that matters is your obedience to God and if He has told you to leave and you stay both of you will have to pay consequences for your disobedience. I understand you not wanting to let people down, but it’s more important for you to be obedient to God, while getting free from man and their opinions, guilt, manipulations, etc.

And they have us involved in more long-term activities as well, like they have my husband scheduled for ushering until April, and they have me redesigning the website (and people are taking their time getting me all the info and photos I need for it, and it looks like things are going to keep trickling in over the next month or so, being placed in our mailbox at the church).

This is so out of order. This sounds like to two of you are being tossed to and fro within that church and everyone is pulling on you.

They should be looking to God not you, your husband or any man.

I am comfortable saying no to anything new anyone asks me to do, but my husband is a very nice guy and says yes to everything because he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or disappoint anyone.

You need to have a time of prayer with God and ask God to give you clarity, wisdom, knowledge and understanding in how to address this with your husband.

A major deliverance God will have us walk through is from people and part of that includes learning how to say no. There should be more concern of if what you do will put you in disobedience to God or not. And trust, if you don’t leave in obedience to Him, God will cause something to happen to push you out and you would have brought unnecessary things upon yourself. God’s will is going to go forth regardless. But it’s better to yield to it from the beginning than to have God have to force you into it.

Also, we're afraid that the pastor will take it hard if we leave, because he's been grasping at straws lately trying to bring more people into the church, especially more people under the age of 60 (there aren't many of us there!), and nothing seems to be working. If he loses us, it might really discourage him.

Discouragement sounds like that’s exactly what he needs. Meaning it sounds like he is trusting in himself to build the church and not in God. Remember the word says that unless God builds a house it is built in vain.

I feel like I can't keep doing this though. I don't have the energy to be involved and serving in two different churches. I want to tell people at the church we want to leave that we've settled in at another church and want to go there exclusively now. But my husband doesn't want to do that, because he's afraid of hurting people's feelings. He wants to wait until something specific happens that will seem to justify our leaving. (Like we get rebuked for something, for example.)

Like I said before, if you disobey God, God will cause you two to have to face something that you will NOT enjoy because of not obeying Him and that will force you out. But why go about things the hard way. If God can’t get you two to listen to Him now, He will get you two to listen to Him later and the testing/trails will be even more difficult.

Does anyone have any advice? I can't promise to follow it, since my husband makes the final decisions around here, but I do want to know what people think. What would you do in this situation?

Your husband doesn’t have the final say, God does. Continue to submit to him, however, take this situation up with God and follow His specific instructions. If your husband still refuses to obey, still submit to him but keep the issue before God and whatever course God walks the two of you through, stand by your husband, encourage him – letting him know that you believe in the God in him and that he can do what God is leading him to do.

God has already shown you how He can bring the two of you on one accord, through your prayers, so know that He will continue to be faithful.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amelie-

A simple, honest and courteous letter seems appropriate. Just think of it as a resignation letter for an employer that you loved working for, but must leave for whatever legitimate reason. Heavy details aren’t necessary.

The pastor of that church has deep rooted issues that need to be address between him and God. It’s difficult to explain in just a few words, but apparently his church, like many others, are not led by the Spirit and are based on man’s conception of how a church should exist and operate. This sounds a little harsh, but it’s true. Just compare how church is today to the way they did things in the first century. Our churches are mostly run as enterprises, and not houses of worship. People are too concerned with numbers and appearances, measuring their success my man’s standards and not Gods. Therefore, the problem isn’t with you leaving, it’s with the church system that we’re held in bondage to.

Your husband is not a yes-man because he’s a nice guy, which I’m sure he is, but likely has problems with rejection. Unless he deals with it, it’s going to create a lot of heartache for the both of you, if it hasn’t already. Man pleasers and people who have difficulty saying “no” have rejection and are afraid of being rejected.

I’m glad, however, that you’ve found a single church to call your own. That church should receive 100% of your tithes. Just a little tidbit here:

Deut. 12 [8] Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.[ [11] Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD:[12] And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part nor inheritance with you.
[13] Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in every place that thou seest:
[14] But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.

Godspeed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amelie-

The pastor of that church has deep rooted issues that need to be address between him and God. It’s difficult to explain in just a few words, but apparently his church, like many others, are not led by the Spirit and are based on man’s conception of how a church should exist and operate. This sounds a little harsh, but it’s true. .

I agree. That's how I see the pastor as well.

To tell you the truth, there are so many things that I could tell you about him and his church that would illustrate just how right you are, but I don't want to go into it all here.

I've even mentioned to my husband that leaving might actually help, in a weird way. The pastor is so obsessed with bringing in more people in our age bracket, but he's going about it all wrong (focussing on bringing people to church, not to God). His attempts have been falling flat, not surprisingly, and I think losing us might wake him up a bit, you know? Something's got to make the guy reassess the way he's doing things, and maybe our leaving can be one tiny little catalyst to help bring that about. That's not my motive in wanting to leave, of course, but it might be a bonus.

Your husband is not a yes-man because he’s a nice guy, which I’m sure he is, but likely has problems with rejection.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. I already know he has rejection issues. :sigh: I do too actually, but I've been getting counseling for several months now, and I've been making some slow but steady improvements.

Upvote 0

jive4005

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Rhode Island
Visit site
✟10,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus always used the plain truth and talk. Truth and genuine explanations always work best... even though that may not appear to be the case.
Those people you are leaving will understand if they are in relationship with Christ. Those who don't "get it" will first have to mature in love, but God is diligent, patient and able.

So long as your own motives are pure, all is well.

all the best and much love in Him,
rev

Upvote 0

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Amelie Unbound,

My wife and I have had to leave two churches where we were both very committed.

We found that the best way to handle that is to speak to a very senior member who can inform others easily, including the pastor. if you feel a strong attachment to the pastor, you may need to go there to explain your decision, and you can do that in very diplomatic terms.

Something like, "We feel the Lord has drawn us to a different church (denomination) and thank you and this church body for its welcome and sincere intentions to include us."

In one case, I was the main contributor, hymn leader, welcoming moderator to start the service with announcements and leading of hymns -- a very upfront member.

We both felt that the church's teachings were so mixed with the "Traditions of Men" (dogmas from the Popes) that these falsehoods dimished our ability to focus on the truths of Salvation in Jesus Christ which were taught there.

I went to the main lay person who was the assistant to the Pastor, and explained the truth -- straight out -- that was a witness to her and the church members who probably asked about our absence. (The members might not have been told all the details).

Your husband needs to consider, in my opinion, that he is not responsible for the way a pastor reacts.

Who knows but that God may use that experience to open the Pastor's eyes to deeper understanding?

If the Pastor is hurt, that's a problem he has, and one that he needs to take to the Lord in earnest prayer.

You and your husband have a first committment: to serve the Lord Jesus Christ -- not a human Pastor.

Hope this helps,
waynemlj

Reactions: jive4005
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've even mentioned to my husband that leaving might actually help, in a weird way. The pastor is so obsessed with bringing in more people in our age bracket, but he's going about it all wrong (focussing on bringing people to church, not to God).
People will sense that. You did.

I agree that a letter would be helpful, as that will give you the chance to word things the way you want without feeling an emotional pull. And what others suggested about short and simple "better fit" and "God leading us" -- yes, by all means. No one needs to be hurt in the processs.

If you want to support the pastor, suggest a social event sometime after you leave -- a ball game, a dinner party, golfing.

If your husband feels like he still wants to help out, I see no reason that he shouldn't do things with old friends there once in a while, even after you make a clean break. It might be rewarding to him, to serve where he sees a need.

You said that people leave messages. Consider leaving your answering machine off for a few weeks, so that you aren't left with those "call if you can't" messages.

I think you will be surprised how easy it will be to switch after you make the declaration. One time I left a church where I was very visible and constantly active, and a year later someone called me to help out with something. They hadn't even noticed I was gone. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but people get caught up in their own worlds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

spr

Jul 16, 2004
✟8,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whoever was writing something along the lines of God has the final say, and 'take it up with God even if your husband makes a decision you don't like', that isn't Biblical.

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

From the sound of the OP she already has this down, It's just surprising how much heresy goes around here unchecked.

And to the OPs question, Your husband is just going to have to get to the point where he can work up some resolve. With your prayer to God for him and your family I'm sure he will find the grace and power to move in the right direction.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amélie Unbound;43230586 said:
Sounds like a boundaries problem. If anyone just assumed I would do something unless I got back to them would find me telling them that they have no right to expect anything of me. I would also let them know they needed to show respect if they wish for me to be involved in things. After all if I don't respect the leader then I will probably just end up undermining them. Of course I would say this in a nice way not like I have here. I would however be clear about it.

You could always just tell the minister you can't do the job and could they arrange to get somebody else to do it. (That doesn't mean the minister will personally have to find someone but rather approach the person in charge and ask them to find someone else) Alternatively you could just say to them that you are in the process of leaving the church so you won't do it. You said you have no problem with that so it is really only your husband who would struggle.

You can redesign the website without attending the church. Let them know you are happy to do it and will finish the job unless they decide otherwise. You just need to make arrangements like picking the stuff up once a fortnight or have them post it out to you.

Considering these people have unrealistic expectations that is not a huge concern. The only concern is that if you have agreed to do something then you should do it unless the church decides otherwise.

I mean no disrespect here but it sounds like your husband really needs to develop healthy boundaries. You can read the boundaries book by Drs Cloud & Townsend. It will help you to set up healthy boundaries. Sometimes you just need to hurt other peoples feelings. The danger your husband risks is that he (and maybe you as a result) will get burned out from trying to please people too much. You may want to sit down and have a talk with your husband about this.

I was in a church where alot of people left because of the pastor and I knew it hurt him greatly. However I knew God wanted me at a different church. I had a quiet word to him one week and told him I would be leaving and that it was nothing against him. I did tell him what the main issue was in the end. He asked me if I wanted a farewell and I told him no. He probably was hurt by my leaving but he understood. I'm sure your pastor will understand.

This is really an issue your husband needs to deal with and fix.

Your husband may make the final decision but that does not mean you have to sit there and follow him as he goes against that decision. If the decision he made was to leave one church completely then if he makes new commitments at church you are trying to leave then you have every right to not back him up. In fact you should be saying this is the decision you made and I'm going to do my best to make sure we follow it. I mean if God is leading you to go to this other church only then not doing so is going against God and you will have to answer for that. Remember Eve did not escape punishment when Adam failed to stop her from eating the fruit (he waas with her the bible says). So make sure you follow God's leading and help keep your husband accountable by helping him in your role as helper (as the bible describes it)

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that matters is your obedience to God and if He has told you to leave and you stay both of you will have to pay consequences for your disobedience. I understand you not wanting to let people down, but it’s more important for you to be obedient to God, while getting free from man and their opinions, guilt, manipulations, etc...

A major deliverance God will have us walk through is from people and part of that includes learning how to say no. There should be more concern of if what you do will put you in disobedience to God or not. And trust, if you don’t leave in obedience to Him, God will cause something to happen to push you out and you would have brought unnecessary things upon yourself. God’s will is going to go forth regardless. But it’s better to yield to it from the beginning than to have God have to force you into it...

Like I said before, if you disobey God, God will cause you two to have to face something that you will NOT enjoy because of not obeying Him and that will force you out. But why go about things the hard way. If God can’t get you two to listen to Him now, He will get you two to listen to Him later and the testing/trails will be even more difficult.

You're a wise woman. What you predicted has now come to pass.

We have suddenly had a major financial setback, and we need to tighten our belts in a big way. Our car is off is off the road and needs $1300 worth of repairs, which we can't afford right now. And, not surprisingly, there is a city bus that takes us directly to the church we believe we're supposed to go to, and no bus that goes anywhere near the church we've been wanting to leave.

Also, we've had to cancel our home phone to save money and instead get by with only our cell phones, so that eliminates the problem of people calling and leaving messages about things they want us to do (none of them have our cell phone numbers). So yes, God has forced us out of that church (making it so we can't get there and the people there can't contact us), and done so in a way I could have done without!

But, I am grateful nonetheless. God is good. :bow:

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

DIVA_for_Christ

Veteran
Jul 12, 2005
✟9,589.00
Faith
Christian
Amélie Unbound;44346523 said:
You're a wise woman. What you predicted has now come to pass.

We have suddenly had a major financial setback, and we need to tighten our belts in a big way. Our car is off is off the road and needs $1300 worth of repairs, which we can't afford right now. And, not surprisingly, there is a city bus that takes us directly to the church we believe we're supposed to go to, and no bus that goes anywhere near the church we've been wanting to leave.

Also, we've had to cancel our home phone to save money and instead get by with only our cell phones, so that eliminates the problem of people calling and leaving messages about things they want us to do (none of them have our cell phone numbers). So yes, God has forced us out of that church (making it so we can't get there and the people there can't contact us), and done so in a way I could have done without!

But, I am grateful nonetheless. God is good. :bow:

God I bless you for my sister's heart towards you and I thank You that as they walk in continued obedience to You, You will restore everything 1000 fold. I decree and declare the over their lives that You will make them a 1000 times more than they are according to Your Word in Deut. 1:11. I pray for Your supernatural peace, love, comfort and joy to arrest them as they walk through this process. Sharpen their spiritual eyes and ears. Lord God I thank You that You have shown them where You desire to plant them so that they may flourish. (Ps 92:13). Strethen their marriage oh Lord and let they dwell in the dimension of unity. Cancel every outside influence from the enemy that will try to infiltrate to steal, kill and destroy. I thank You that their victory is ALREADY won in Christ Jesus - AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. Your willingness to be so transparent has blessed so much that I'm really not sure how to express it in words. God used you to increase my confidence in who He's called me to be in Him.

I'm excited for you and I know the two of you are being used in a great way to further advance the Kingdom of God.

God Bless and continue to press into Him!!!!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God I bless you for my sister's heart towards you and I thank You that as they walk in continued obedience to You, You will restore everything 1000 fold. I decree and declare the over their lives that You will make them a 1000 times more than they are according to Your Word in Deut. 1:11. I pray for Your supernatural peace, love, comfort and joy to arrest them as they walk through this process. Sharpen their spiritual eyes and ears. Lord God I thank You that You have shown them where You desire to plant them so that they may flourish. (Ps 92:13). Strethen their marriage oh Lord and let they dwell in the dimension of unity. Cancel every outside influence from the enemy that will try to infiltrate to steal, kill and destroy. I thank You that their victory is ALREADY won in Christ Jesus -
AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!!!!!

there is a city bus that takes us directly to the church we believe we're supposed to go to, and no bus that goes anywhere near the church we've been wanting to leave....
Get by with only our cell phones, so that eliminates the problem of people calling and leaving messages about things they want us to do
Even though this is mixed sad/happy news, it just might be temporary enough to get you over that hurdle. Praise God! He is so thoughtful to help you with the thought process and directions and ideas before the crisis hit; now using the bus is just part of a logical plan.

Upvote 0