• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How should a guy first touch a woman?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Gabe7, Apr 14, 2011.

1. SullivanZ

SullivanZ Seeking His Face

+22
    Christian
    A light touch on the arm is good for first contact. A nice way to establish contact without being too pushy or overtly obvious. A fist bump or playful high-five can also work.

2. Im_A

Im_A Legend

+1,359
    Humanist
    In Relationship
    To me it is a tie between a hug and hold her hand.

When I mean hug, I don't mean the type of hug that leads to making out and more.

3. Niffer

Niffer So...that just happened.

+300
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I think it depends completely!
    I am a very touchy-feely person - I regularly hug all my friends, guys and girls.
    Being in a very french-canadian part of the country, means that kissing strange men on the cheek (left, right, left) is a normal way of saying, hello, goodbye and nice to meet you.

My girlfriends and I hold hands, and link arms.
    Male friends have arms slung over eachother... *shrug*

But when Remi first "held" my hand, it was a lot different from a guyfriend walking beside me with his arm around my waist.
    It was done in a special way, and we both knew it.

It's not what you do, its how you do it.

...But it's different in America eh? They don't touch a lot from what I'm understanding...

-Niffer

4. LoneSheep

LoneSheep Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me

+269
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I generally keep my hands to myself. In the past I have let the woman touch me when she feels comfortable, but I never initiate.

Growing up, if any boy touched a girl for any reason, they were in danger of a slap in the face (or a kick somewhere), and with all the sexual harassment lawsuits these days I don't even chance it in the workplace.

5. religious&reasonable

religious&reasonable Slayer of Stupid Threads

+30
    Christian
    Single
    Funniest and akwardest name for a thread ever.

Someone get this man a medal.

6. Niffer

Niffer So...that just happened.

+300
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

:confused: ....
    That is so weird.
    I have bosses and fellow employees hug me all the time! And visa-versa.

Only those we'd call "uptight" refuse to be touched and don't initate, and even then, they're teased for it.

Who knew North American culture could be so different.

7. Rhye

Rhye Legend

+4,109
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I think its different in different line of work. In my work environment, its normal to hug everyone. Even yesterday, I got some of my parents (students parents) hug me, just randomly. I don't even think about it.

8. callmeMurph

callmeMurph BGTF

+31
    Christian
    Single
    Where does it say that?

9. Supplanter

Supplanter There is no charge for awesomeness.

+311
    Word of Faith
    Married
    My soon to be husband (in 50 days) laid a kiss on my mouth the first time we met. I'm pretty sure I haven't recovered yet given the upcoming nuptials.

10. Tehchad

Tehchad YOU! are awesome!

+258
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Same here. When I found out my dad had cancer, all of my agents wanted to hug me.

11. LoneSheep

LoneSheep Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me

+269
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh I don't refuse to be touched, but I have have more to lose if I initiate :)

Yes you are right, it is a cultural thing I think. Some are more touchy-feely than others.

12. TanteBelle

TanteBelle Guest

+0
    Please, I'd know if he made the 'calculated yawn' and I'd knock him in the ribs rather mockingly! LOL!

For me, it's a huge step just to shake my hand and get a hug out of me! :D I have a mate who wanted to give me a hug but he had to tell me to 'Relax!!! It's just a hug!' Haha! Egh, that's me! Anything else from there, and I'll start getting nervous.

13. TanteBelle

TanteBelle Guest

+0
    Aussie girls generally are very much like you described. But I'm just a prude and don't let folks touch me unless I want it, which I usually don't. The oddest moments when someone touched me was hugging my foot! Now that was weird and yes, it was a bloke! LOL! But with blokes, sometimes if I'm comfortable enough around them then we'll have 'water fights' where we'll wash our hands or just wet them and then smudge each others faces! ^_^ Ewwww! LOL!

14. septemberskies

septemberskies You can find me on cloud no.9

+321
    Christian
    US-Democrat
    If a guy starts out with lightly touching my back, it's fine.... that's probably the most natural "first touch". That usually leads to hand holding, hugs, and the infamous kiss.

15. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 They rally 'round the family

+187
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    With his forefinger...

[​IMG]

16. crishmael

crishmael nothing but the rain

+1,270
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There's an awful lot of creepy in that pic.

17. peacechild4

peacechild4 My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD

+1,810
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Touch her soul first.. please.. I think all the rest who cares.. it will come without effort..

18. TanteBelle

TanteBelle Guest

+0
    :clap: Yes, totally! That's what enables me to even shake hands with a bloke or give him a hug; he earned my trust enough to even go that far! :D

19. Spirit_Star

Spirit_Star Newbie

+15
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    for me i think i would be comfortable with a touch of the hand or holding hands.

20. .Iona.

.Iona. I love Jesus!

+601
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Celibate
    UK-Greens
    Always makes me think of a true gentleman.