How pro-Hamas rhetoric infected US high schools

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll give you that...but the people in that era were not referred to as, nor did they call themselves "Palestinian".
Looks like I lost track of the discussion a bit - the original complaint was that the textbook said Jesus was raised in Palestine (in the village of Nazareth). The first person to say anything about Jesus being Palestinian was the person complaining about that fact - saying that it implied that Jesus was "Palestinian".

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Looks like I lost track of the discussion a bit - the original complaint was that the textbook said Jesus was raised in Palestine (in the village of Nazareth). The first person to say anything about Jesus being Palestinian was the person complaining about that fact - saying that it implied that Jesus was "Palestinian".
Yeah, looks like I lost track also. I don't believe it was an implication. However, I will say this.......people back then didn't consider themselves "born and raised in Palestine" after they popped out of their mommies in that geographical area.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, from a religious view you are right. However I was speaking from a historical perspective, which is what the job of text books is to teach.

Yes and no. I agree that the combining of the province of Judea and naming the whole thing Syria-Palestine was done in response to the Jewish Roman wars. But that's conflating the name of the socio-poltical province with the geographic region, and the region was called Palestine centuries before the Romans entered the picture.

Me calling Christ a Palestinian is no more of an insult then me calling him a Roman. It's just a matter of historical fact.

Christ was NEVER a Palestinian.

They are the enemies of Israel and always have been since the beginning.

They are a different race and a different people.

Do not lie about the LORD.

Do not spread lies about the Lord.

Do not teach lies about the Lord.

You want to be my enemy - do this!

Do not lie about the Lord.

Stop lying who Christ is!

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,559.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Christ was NEVER a Palestinian.

They are the enemies of Israel and always have been since the beginning.

They are a different race and a different people.

Do not lie about the LORD.

Do not spread lies about the Lord.

Do not teach lies about the Lord.

You want to be my enemy - do this!

Do not lie about the Lord.

Stop lying who Christ is!
Geographic regions and national identity aren't the same thing. Christ was born in the region of Palestine, but that does not mean he is a Palestinian in the current sense and I've never claimed he was. It's similar to how Mexicans and Canadians are North Americans, but not Americans in the sense of being part of the nation that is the United States of America.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Our children are in danger of not believing “The Truth®️™️!” ?
If all you get in terms of history is Sunday School lessons in the typical conservative Protestant church, you're bound to be confused about the actual history of the region. In reality, Judaism emerged from a Canaanite and Mesopotamian milieu, and what we recognize in the biblical narrative as "Israel" was not a unified nation as we would recognize it today. The Old Testament is primarily the record of a religious elite, telling their history in their own terms and for their own purposes.
So, have you considered the same for the koran? When it comes to this dispute Indeed it is based upon religious belief. But not "Jewish", nor even "Christian". The Palestinain rejection of a Jewih nation of Israel is religious. And all the terms used are in compliance and agreeable to that religious belief.
There's no reason to use it to define the geography of a region. As the late Ariel Sharon put it, the Bible is a book about values, not geography.
In the koran, and their religion, there is every reason to choose any terms that does not conform to their own elitist religious text. As for Christian relations and Arabs. Well certainly, as long as their antisemitism agrees with their religious idology. The church has historically held to replacement theology, of Israel. Why would Arabs be against that? It flows nicely with the koran.
Mercy, what-ever-shall-we-do?
Look at the matter without regard to religion. The article is simply skewed towards antisemitism. As if these were Israels wars. They were attacked by Arabs. So war ensued.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to religion,,,,,Ishmaelites. AKA Arabs
OK, we'll go the religion route.........and according to religion, Ishmael was the son of.........?

I'm also waiting for Hazelelponi to answer, but it doesn't look like she will..........she knows she's wrong.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to religion,,,,,Ishmaelites. AKA Arabs

No, we derive a good portion of our DNA from Canaanite/Bronze Age Levantine populations...

That's according to genetic research. I myself had once been curious if I was originally genetically Jewish. It was interesting to look into...

Hence why I say enemies from the beginning.

In Christ we are adopted sons and daughters and become all Israel, all become Jews as Scripture teaches.

But Christ is not the Messiah of Israel spoken of in Scripture if He is not Himself Israel... This is why the Bible traces and shows Christ's ancestry.

Okay. Now I am out of the thread. I can't even explain why but this upsets me greatly to hear my Lord and Savior blasphemed.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
OK, we'll go the religion route.........and according to religion
It is all you have here. That is who they are according to them, and who they are Historically There is no identification apart from it.
, Ishmael was the son of.........?
Abraham. A son distinct from his son Isaac.
I'm also waiting for Hazelelponi to answer, but it doesn't look like she will..........she knows she's wrong.
The issue is based religiously, and there is no escaping this. It is simply a dispute between which son was heir of promise. The koran states Ishmael, The Hebrew scriptures state Isaac is the son of promise. Since this foundation is in the realm of "holy text" of history, there is nowhere else to go.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is all you have here. That is who they are according to them, and who they are Historically There is no identification apart from it.

Abraham. A son distinct from his son Isaac.

The issue is based religiously, and there is no escaping this. It is simply a dispute between which son was heir of promise. The koran states Ishmael, The Hebrew scriptures state Isaac is the son of promise. Since this foundation is in the realm of "holy text" of history, there is nowhere else to go.
So....Hazelelponi claims that the Arabs are of a different race than Jesus was.

Ismael was the son of Abraham (albeit from his concubine)

Abraham was the father of Isaac, father of Jacob (Israel).

Jesus is of the same lineage..........the same "race". Not a different "race" from the Arabs.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, we derive a good portion of our DNA from Canaanite/Bronze Age Levantine populations...
Arabs and jews are similar in Dna. But the people groups throughout history are not based upon DNA. Circumcision on the eighth day determined who was a JEW, Circumcision determined an Israeli citizenship among converts as well, no matter DNA. Some of the nations of Cannan were completly destoyed out of existence as "nations". The Philistines were such people.
That's according to genetic research. I myself had once been curious if I was originally genetically Jewish. It was interesting to look into...

Hence why I say enemies from the beginning.
We carry DNA from the noah as well. Dna is not what defind a Jew, or an Ishmealite.
In Christ we are adopted sons and daughters and become all Israel, all become Jews as Scripture teaches.

But Christ is not the Messiah of Israel spoken of in Scripture if He is not Himself Israel... This is why the Bible traces and shows Christ's ancestry.
Spiritual Israel is just that, NOT based on flesh (circumcision) Christs ancestry concerns the covenant of circumcison Made with Abraham, Established in Isaac, not Ishmael.
Okay. Now I am out of the thread. I can't even explain why but this upsets me greatly to hear my Lord and Savior blasphemed.

God bless.
Well it bothers me as well. But a person does not need to be religious what so ever to determine issues in modern events. Religion I think is simply a way to say "evangelical conservative Christians are only on one side because of what they believe is supposed to be. It is a way of slamming evangelicals, and not speak to the injustices concerning Palestinians.
Edit to add: God bless you richly too. I am sorry this is so hurtful to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Jesus is of the same lineage..........the same "race". Not a different "race" from the Arabs.
It depends on how you mean "race". Genealogical ancestry is a foundation to religious text. But in this instance it is genealogy based on his sons, not himself. Add to that, ritual and outward sign of circumcision in distinctions of covenant (in the flesh). You can't just pull up principle for same race. Gentiles became affiliated with a "tribe" upon circumcision, a Jew/Israelite. These are what determine how race is used in scripture.

If speaking of just Abraham himself, yes Jew and gentile are the seed of Abraham equally with you and the sons of Jacob, which land we lay claim to is not in this world or life. Which brings us back to the idea the covenant of circumcision (of the flesh) is about an earthly land in this earthly world and this life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It seems to me the answer is yes, but i would prefer Hazslponi to speak on that. It would appear race is determined by dna. This is not the scritural use of the idea. But Palestinans can use whatever arguments they desire. It is just an appeal to modern people for agreement, apart from the religious belief they are operating on is all.
Sarah's maid , yes.
Father of Isaac, the son through whom the promise of that particular covenant belongs. They conquered 7 nations which became Israel/ 12 son's the Patriarchs of each tribe. Abe's other sons lived in the land between the river of Egypt, to the Euphrates River as well. Israel was given a distinct land, as Son's of Isaac, then Jacob.
If lineage is determined by covenant promises no. But the over arching issue is, how do Palestinians determine this. The very same way.....They just have a different religious text is all, but the principal is identical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It depends on how you mean "race". Genealogical ancestry is a foundation to religious text. But in this instance it is genealogy based on his sons, not himself. Add to that, ritual and outward sign of circumcision in distinctions of covenant (in the flesh). You can't just pull up principle for same race. Gentiles became affiliated with a "tribe" upon circumcision, a Jew/Israelite. These are what determine how race is used in scripture.

If speaking of just Abraham himself, yes Jew and gentile are the seed of Abraham equally with you and the sons of Jacob, which land we lay claim to is not in this world or life. Which brings us back to the idea the covenant of circumcision (of the flesh) is about an earthly land in this earthly world and this life.

Christ's genealogy is that of the circumcision, not that of the enemies of Israel. Through Issac.

It's important. He wouldn't be the Messiah if this was not the case.

For Hamas supporters to say these things is sickening.

I mean, support Hamas and we can pretend it's political and not a religious war if that's what pleases them but don't attack Christ. Christ is off limits.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ's genealogy is that of the circumcision, not that of the enemies of Israel. Through Issac.

I mean, support Hamas and we can pretend it's political if that's what pleases them but don't attack Christ. Christ is off limits.
Ishmael was also circumcised.

And no.....I am not a Hamas supporter. But I do support looking at things in a historical context.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes. would we agree to say genealogy in this regard is based upon sons of promise/ sons of covenant inheritance etc.?
Yes. If Israel had not inherited the land the same would be true as well.
I agree. I find it even more disturbing that Christians would support this today, given their own scripture.
The gospels mention this in many ways. We do not need to even rely on the old testament to speak to this.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

I mean, support Hamas and we can pretend it's political and not a religious war if that's what pleases them but don't attack Christ. Christ is off limits.
Agreed. Remember the story of the vinyard of God. What happened in the end? He finally sends his son, the heir of that vinyard.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ishmael was also circumcised.
So were his gentile servants. You might consider the promise to Abraham himself concerns a land and promises of the next world and the next life.
And no.....I am not a Hamas supporter. But I do support looking at things in a historical context.
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be dead When this promised seed comes into effect.
The earthly, worldly land grant.
Gen 15.
Abe, Isaac, Jacob, and the generation of the patriarchs will be dead.......
15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

Joseph understood this
Ex. 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation. The 3rd generation dies.

Ge 50:25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.
Ex 13:19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.

By this time the Ishmaelites were not keeping the covenant of circumcision.
Because Abraham obeyed......
God kept the covenant made with him through Isaac.

There is more IMO Birthright, firstborn , two portions of inhertance. Circumcision merely an outward symbol of a double inheritance. Cant be double without two right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0