"How Many People Will Die Because of This Tweet?" Trump, Leaving Hospital, Tells Nation: "Don't Be A

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full headline:
"How Many People Will Die Because of This Tweet?" Trump, Leaving Hospital, Tells Nation: "Don't Be Afraid of Covid"

As Covid-Positive GOP Politicians Enjoy Healthcare They 'Would Deny Others,' Coronavirus Pandemic Again Makes Case for Medicare for All
President Donald Trump's Monday afternoon tweet—in which he announced that he would leave Walter Reed at 6:30 pm, dismissed the severity of the pandemic, and touted "really great drugs"—elicited a flood of criticism from observers who said the president could be sending a deadly message after being afforded the kind of healthcare treatment the more than 210,000 Americans who died from Covid-19 were unable to access.
tulc(thought this brought up some good points)

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although I don't live in the US, I have been dismayed at this.
I don't understand anyone, whether President or not, being allowed out of hospital when they have Covid19 that required hospitalisation. After seeing what others have been through including the British PM, for Trump to be out saying he's felt better than he has in twenty years, only leads me to the conclusion that he never actually had it in the first place.
Maybe his test was faulty :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not sure that Medicare is any better then any health care that is offered. Medical care from any company that is equipped to take care of a sick person is as good as any. They all just offer programs and the costs of programs that help the sick.
Nobody in the U S has been denied health care that I know of.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So those who are attacking Trump for this, would rather he said, "be afraid and let COVID-19 control your lives ? "

Being positive is the best attitude to have in fighting any illness.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So those who are attacking Trump for this, would rather he said, "be afraid and let COVID-19 control your lives ? "

Being positive is the best attitude to have in fighting any illness.

I think people who "attack" trump for his myriad downplaying statements and misinformation would rather he just be honest and had thought to put a national pandemic plan in place. Perhaps had he choose to follow the experts guidelines as information emerged we would not be where we are today, especially from what he knew early on.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think people who "attack" trump for his myriad downplaying statements and misinformation would rather he just be honest and had thought to put a national pandemic plan in place. Perhaps had he choose to follow the experts guidelines as information emerged we would not be where we are today, especially from what he knew early on.

Gee, what plan are you referring to?

We already have the CDC Guidelines and the state governors are enforcing them when appropriate.

Blaming Trump for COVID-19 is unfair.

But wait til Biden becomes president and the virus continues to spread. He'll blame it on Trump

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
America has fought through much tougher times than this and came out on top a better people.
Don't be afraid, trust in our Lord and push on.

Always reminds me of the humor regarding the priest/pastor and the storm flooding. This is where the community was warned to evacuate because of the storm and potential extreme flooding but the pastor said he believed in God for his safety. As the flooding began a police boat came by to rescue him and again his faith was in God. He had to climb onto his roof but then refused the helicopter as again he stated he trusted God for his well being. So after he drowned and entered heaven he asked God why did he allow him to die...and God responded I sent you a warning, a boat, and a helicopter!

It seems to me that the attitude of some is more fatalistic than Christian. Does one drive at night without lights or a seat belt? Does one refuse medicine in the case of illness? Etc., Etc., Etc.,...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gee, what plan are you referring to?

The Obama Administration left a pandemic plan ... even mcconnell admitted he was wrong: 'I was wrong': Mitch McConnell admits Obama administration left pandemic plan for Trump

Blaming Trump for COVID-19 is unfair.

But wait til Biden becomes president and the virus continues to spread. He'll blame it on Trump

Please show me where I blamed trump for the virus? You see there is a distinction between the actual virus and its origins, and how "leadership" responds to such.

As for biden...well unless you have a crystal ball your comment has little meaning!

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Obama Administration left a pandemic plan ... even mcconnell admitted he was wrong: 'I was wrong': Mitch McConnell admits Obama administration left pandemic plan for Trump

Please show me where I blamed trump for the virus? You see there is a distinction between the actual virus and its origins, and how "leadership" responds to such.

As for biden...well unless you have a crystal ball your comment has little meaning!

What plan did Obama leave ?

You blamed Trump for the situation we are in today with regards to the virus.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
People need to stop being afraid of the virus. According to the CDC 99.6% survive the virus, for those under 60 it's 99.99%. Even for those over 70, 95% survive. Doctors have a better idea how to treat the virus today than they did 6 months ago. It's time for everyone to stop being afraid and move back into nornal life. Unfortunately that won't happen with power hungry authoritarians running Democratic states.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just posted the plan/playbook...?

Just admit you can't answer the question

Fact is, Trump did as good of a job that could be done addressing COVID-19

He himself probably didn't give the virus the respect it needs, but when it came to getting equipment made and distributed, providing services including health ships which were deployed to major cities like NYC, which were never used, he did a good job.

If Biden were president he would've had the government manufacture the PPE's and Ventilators and we'd still be waiting for them

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just admit you can't answer the question

How many times do I need to post this? Mcconnell admitted he was wrong that in FACT there was a plan...and if you do a little research you will find that the previous administration sat down with the trump administration for hours detailing the plan!

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6819268/Pandemic-Playbook.pdf

Fact is, Trump did as good of a job that could be done addressing COVID-19

Specifically how do you arrive at that conclusion? If as you state "He himself probably didn't give the virus the respect it needs, ..." No, PPE was in very short supply and inadequate to the situation...and why did States need to undergo a bidding war to get equipment? How is downplaying the virus constantly and putting out misinformation "a good job"? What branch of government does the HHS, CDC, FDA, NIH, etc. all fall under, which would be the primary source of information, planning, and guidelines?

If Biden were president he would've had the government manufacture the PPE's and Ventilators and we'd still be waiting for them

As per usual, you know this for a fact because...? You might want to familiarize yourself with the DPA, and the associated timeline.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I absolutely don't think people should live in fear over a disease. We don't live in fear of anything else.

Most people will survive. 2% of the population in the U.S. has contracted the disease thus far, and more than 97% of those who contract it survive. That's less than one tenth of one percent of the population even with a questionable death count.

This is no Spanish Flu we are dealing with, which killed over .5% of the U.S. population... and there was no vaccine for that, which we are getting closer to every day for COVID..

So why be afraid? These COVID numbers are nearly the same numbers as car accidents every year..

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status