"How Many People Will Die Because of This Tweet?" Trump, Leaving Hospital, Tells Nation: "Don't Be A

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"How Many People Will Die Because of This Tweet?" Trump, Leaving Hospital, Tells Nation: "Don't Be Afraid

How many do you want to die? What is a good number for you?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many died after the President said “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself. “
Said at the start of the greatest depression on earth.
...as usual, another example of a Democrat coming in and having to clean up the mess a Republican President leaves behind. I will say this: FDR's slogan seems to be a lot better than the standard President Trump response during this pandemic: “No, I don’t take responsibility at all”.
tulc(is just sayn')

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How many times do I need to post this? Mcconnell admitted he was wrong that in FACT there was a plan...and if you do a little research you will find that the previous administration sat down with the trump administration for hours detailing the plan!

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6819268/Pandemic-Playbook.pdf

Specifically how do you arrive at that conclusion? If as you state "He himself probably didn't give the virus the respect it needs, ..." No, PPE was in very short supply and inadequate to the situation...and why did States need to undergo a bidding war to get equipment? How is downplaying the virus constantly and putting out misinformation "a good job"? What branch of government does the HHS, CDC, FDA, NIH, etc. all fall under, which would be the primary source of information, planning, and guidelines?

As per usual, you know this for a fact because...? You might want to familiarize yourself with the DPA, and the associated timeline.

Sorry I missed the link you posted earlier, my apologies

So how did Trump not follow a plan of his own which was effective ?

Fact is, COVID-19 was new and the scientists were not sure how to deal with it in the beginning. Heck even now we keep getting conflicting reports about it.

Also, there was near panic from Cuomo of New York, that the hospitals were going to be overwhelmed and the President had to do something. Trump did, he even sent the health ship to NY, but the hospitals did not get overwhelmed and even the head of the WHO said Trump was doing a good job handling the pandemic.

BTW, Obama's plan was for HIS administration, not necessarily for others to come.

Anyway, I liked Obama and I thought Trump treated him badly throwing out everything Obama did.

I liked Obamacare and reject what Trump is doing to that and his failure on a promise to replace it with something better.

I don't play identity politics, but give credit where credit is do, and criticism where criticism is due.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many do you want to die?
I'd be happy with no one dying from it. On the other hand, if President Trump would've stopped pretending a pandemic can be fought with a faux bonhomme attitude and by ignoring it early in the pandemic, we would probably not have 215,000+ dead (and climbing) here in the U.S.

What is a good number for you?
None. Thanks for asking.
tulc(0 seems like a good number for that)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...as usual, another example of a Democrat coming in and having to clean up the mess a Republican President leaves behind. I will say this: FDR's slogan seems to be a lot better than the standard President Trump response during this pandemic: “No, I don’t take responsibility at all”.
tulc(is just sayn')

That actually made me laugh, and then I thought you might actually be serious.

But I think you are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter, so it’s back to great sarcasm.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) So how did Trump not follow a plan of his own which was effective ? (snip)
...what plan? I'm not sure lying to America, pretending it's all just "going to disappear" and holding massive indoor rallies can be considered "a plan". :sorry:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That actually made me laugh,
In 2020? I feel like that can go down as "win"! ;)

and then I thought you might actually be serious.
it's never wrong to assume my posts will have a little bit of humor in it somewhere.

But I think you are old enough to remember Jimmy Carter,
Oh yeah, in fact since I just turned 65 on Sunday I probably remember him better than I remember what I had for dinner on Saturday. :sorry:

so it’s back to great sarcasm.
No, I don't really do sarcasm on line, it just doesn't work well at all. No body language or voice modulation to convey that that's what I'm doing. Sarcasm tends to be more offensive online than I like to be.
tulc(loves funny and knows it's pretty hard to do online so he tends to acknowledge when some one succeeds at doing it)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I missed the link you posted earlier, my apologies

So how did Trump not follow a plan of his own which was effective ?

Fact is, COVID-19 was new and the scientists were not sure how to deal with it in the beginning. Heck even now we keep getting conflicting reports about it.

Also, there was near panic from Cuomo of New York, that the hospitals were going to be overwhelmed and the President had to do something. Trump did, he even sent the health ship to NY, but the hospitals did not get overwhelmed and even the head of the WHO said Trump was doing a good job handling the pandemic.

BTW, Obama's plan was for HIS administration, not necessarily for others to come.

Anyway, I liked Obama and I thought Trump treated him badly throwing out everything Obama did.

I liked Obamacare and reject what Trump is doing to that and his failure on a promise to replace it with something better.

I don't play identity politics, but give credit where credit is do, and criticism where criticism is due.

I don't choose to go any further...the plan was not limited to the Obama administration, it was for other administrations to come. Bush also saw our unpreparedness - "If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare," Bush...

There was no National plan under trump, there was chaos, misinformation, inadequate supplies (DPA?), a refusal to accept responsibility, lack of coordination, and as noted by trump himself a "plan "to downplay" in addition to neglecting the counsel of experts.

This speaks volumes:
“The last administration left us nothing,” Trump said. “We started off with bad, broken tests and obsolete tests.”

But Obama left office in 2017 and COVID-19 didn’t exist until last year, as was quick to point out to the president.

“You say ‘broken tests,’” Acosta said. “It’s a new virus, so how could the tests be broken?”

Trump was unfazed by the timeline.

“We had broken tests. We had tests that were obsolete. We had tests that didn’t take care of people,” Trump said. He then attacked the Obama administration’s handling of the H1N1 swine flu outbreak.

*Three points he blames Obama/biden thus giving sufficient credence to the matter of national leadership instead of to jettison it to states.

** Blaming anywhere else so that he accepts no responsibility... and he also stated that he takes no responsibility.

*** By what logic would one have tests for a virus that didn't exist? I mean seriously.....

I guess too we are only Americans if we are republicans or live in a "red" state. Trump stated "...despite the fact that the blue states has tremendous death rates. If you take the blue states out, we're at a level that I don't think anybody in the world would be at. We're really at a very low level but some of the states — they were blue states, and blue-state management."

Fact: there has not been at any time a coherent plan or even communication...trump constantly disagrees with his own experts and seeks for them to follow his ill conceived notions.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many died after the President said “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself. “

Said at the start of the greatest depression on earth.

Perhaps you should read the speech instead of extracting one sentence to make a point...that fails. It could have been the case that trump was honest about what he knew...and called for unity to deter this virus...but instead he choose, well we all know the path that was taken!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump is right. Dont be afraid. Be positive.

Trust in Jesus.
Does this mean that 210,000 Americans died as a result of not having a "positive" attitude or failing to place enough "trust in Jesus?"

This President has access to new treatments in the experimental stage that are currently unavailable to other Americans - his experience and level of care with respect to COVID-19 can hardly be portrayed as representative of the medical care availavle to the average citizen!

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Does that mean that 210,000 Americans died as a result of not having a "positive" attitude or failing to place enough "trust in Jesus?"

This President has access to new treatments in the experimental stage that would not be available to other Americans - his experience and level of care with respect to COVID-19 can hardly be portrayed as representative of the medical care availavle to the average citizen!

Please, be realistic my friend.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
~snip Perhaps you should read the speech instead of extracting one sentence to make a point...that fails

If the media would do that with the President the complaining would drop by 80% - but then what would they talk about?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the media would do that with the President the complaining would drop by 80% - but then what would they talk about?

If the media would do that? What write the speeches for trump? He has decided to "handle" the coronavirus as he sees fit...criticism is not only appropriate but necessary...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the media would do that? What write the speeches for trump? He has decided to "handle" the coronavirus as he sees fit...criticism is not only appropriate but necessary...

And when it is focused on Schumer, Pelosi, Nadle and the impeachment gang, is that OK?

What about the current investigation exposing Clinton, Obama, Comey and their minions? Is that appropriate and necessary?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And when it is focused on Schumer, Pelosi, Nadle and the impeachment gang, is that OK?

What about the current investigation exposing Clinton, Obama, Comey and their minions? Is that appropriate and necessary?

I have no idea what you are going on about...you posted a excerpt from Roosevelt's speech but failed to note the context. You failed to note his honesty about the circumstance, his acceptance of responsibility, and call for unity...trump on the other hand has no interest in unity, won't take responsibility, and continues to lie, misinform, etc., etc., etc., ...

What do the phoney investigations have to do with trump's inept and depraved handling of the pandemic?

Upvote 0