London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you haven't studied the Bible so you speak out of ignorance. I don't know what that nonsense (YHVH) stands for but it's not the God of the Bible
The Israel of God are not the ancient Hebrews, my Bible tells me that I'm the Israel of God and so are the Arabs and so are people from every tribe and tongue. That means that the Isreal of God come from every etnic group in the world.

The ancient Israelis are no longer God's chosen people, Jesus destroyed Judaism and He adopted the Gentiles because His own rejected Him and murdered Him so they are cursed.

The true and living God is Jehovah Jesus, He is the almighty creator God and He will not share His glory with any other.

Yes and No.

Read Hebrews or indeed the engagement of Jesus with the Pharisees in the Temple and it is clear that he is the cornerstone and the Temple and that the body of believers is built on him. But Jesus went to the Jews first in his ministry and this practice persisted until the fall of Jerusalem in the early church to a considerable extent, the Jews first and then the gentiles. As the parable in Math 22 shows the invitation was given to both groups and Jewish rejection preceded gentile acceptance.

The problem with absolute replacement theology is that some Jews became Christians and that a Jewish identity persisted even after the fall of Jerusalem in many early churches, also in every era since there have been Jewish believers in the Messiah. To a considerable extent Christian churches in history have trampled on this identity calling Jews Christ-killers and disputing they have any "chosenness" left. But the promises relating to the land, and specific promises that relate to the land and people, seem to suggest that Israel still has place in Gods plan and that He does not simply cancel His promises. Indeed it is a proof I sometimes use for the existence of God that the Jews have persisted through more than 3000 years of attempts to exterminate them. This is testimony that God is faithful to His promises to them and still has a purpose for them in his plan.

When a Messianic Jew claims the land for Israel and the Jews in Jesus name what authority exists in heaven or on earth to deny that claim?

YHVH (actually YHWH) is an abbreviation for Yahweh. The Jews had a problem using Gods name because they did not have the intimate experience of God-Incarnate and the Holy Spirit allowing them to do that and were afraid of blaspheming the name by usage. Christians have the freedom to use the name because of what Christ has done but again it should not be misused.

Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Japanese had zero capability of invading Hawaii.

Nobody in the area wanted a two-state solution anyway. The Israelis had no intention of allowing Gaza to become a sovereign state, the Palestinians had no intention of abandoning their claim of what had become Israeli state territory.

I think they could have invaded if they had done it as a surprise attack in 1941, their army were veterans by this point and they had concentrated naval supremacy and air supremacy at the moment of attack, while the US was still mobilising, but I am not sure they could have held it and they were already overextended as it was. Logistically the defence of Haiwaii once taken would have been impossible. It mystifies me why they attacked the USA at all as the USA in the long run was bound to beat them.

Israel is so small it is hard to see a two state solution working while the level of hatred is so deep. Since this violent antagonism is unlikely to change the only hope Palestinians have in practice is to be allowed to get on with their lives in the surrounding Arab countries. But these have closed the borders to them.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think they could have invaded if they had done it as a surprise attack in 1941, their army were veterans by this point and they had concentrated naval supremacy and air supremacy at the moment of attack, while the US was still mobilising, but I am not sure they could have held it and they were already overextended as it was. Logistically the defence of Haiwaii once taken would have been impossible. It mystifies me why they attacked the USA at all as the USA in the long run was bound to beat them.
No, Japan never had either air supremacy or naval supremacy. "Supremacy" is a hard thing to have, and a huge step above "superiority." It means the opponent can't carry out any effective offensive operations against you.

An invasion takes massive forces requiring a huge troop-carrying capacity that Japan certainly couldn't get to Hawaii. The US military was already heavily massed in Hawaii, not just Oahu but several of the other islands. As you said, the Japanese were already overextended just launching fighter planes and a few small subs at Oahu. "Operations wins battles, but logistics wins wars."

Japan was hoping that the US was just a "paper tiger" that back down with one punch in the nose.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let's not mention that modern Judaism acknowledges its foundation is the Pharisaic tradition that Jesus cursed and Paul called "dung."
As a former follower of the dung religion, I am thankful that I have been able to be shown the errors of my ways by belonging to CF and seeing it move from what it once was to the purest form of Christianity. I am also thankful that sprit filled followers of Christ put on the armor of God and removed my dung religion following 15 year old brother in 1988 and my 18 year old son in 1999 from this world to prevent them from spreading more dung religion. I only wish someone had the courage to remove me. Oh well, back to my self imposed exile.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The ancient Israelis are no longer God's chosen people, Jesus destroyed Judaism and He adopted the Gentiles because His own rejected Him and murdered Him so they are cursed.
While I agree with your stuff about the "Israel of God", I think you are glossing over some important caveats.

Paul writes:

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? [a]Far from it! For I too am an Israelite, [b]a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.” 4 But what [c]is the divine response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s [d]gracious choice.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, to get woo-woo about it, it's still Satan. The error many Christians make is that Satan would do anything but create chaos. Satan is not a spirit of order, but a spirit of chaos.
Mixing the metaphysical with world politics seems rather obfuscating rather than revealing.

[I refuse to form an opinion as to “which side” I’d favor. There is all kinds of “bad” on both sides. I got no horse in this race and eschew the need to have/hold an opinion on this topic]

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mixing the metaphysical with world politics seems rather obfuscating rather than revealing.
Pretend we're Trekkies just talking about our universe.
[I refuse to form an opinion as to “which side” I’d favor. There is all kinds of “bad” on both sides. I got no horse in this race and eschew the need to have/hold an opinion on this topic]
I have no problem saying, "A pox on both your houses."

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not a matter of taking sides with Israel or Palastine, but it's a matter of taking God's side or the Devils side.

God said 'thou shall not kill', if you're OK with the shedding of innocent blood, then God will punish you as 8f their blood is on your hands.
God is not on either side... and neither am I.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Both sides shed innocent blood, and have been since 1948.

Both sides have also been oppressing Christians since 1948.
So you're OK with the slaughter of innocent children, I don't know how you people can sleep at night

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
While I agree with your stuff about the "Israel of God", I think you are glossing over some important caveats.

Paul writes:

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? [a]Far from it! For I too am an Israelite, [b]a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.” 4 But what [c]is the divine response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s [d]gracious choice.
That's all good, but Abraham wasn't an Israelite neither was he a Jew. He was a Gentile like me, but all of God's elect are the Israel of God, be they Hebrews or Gentiles.

The original chosen people lost their status and now a murderer who repents becomes a chosen child of God

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Both sides shed innocent blood, and have been since 1948.

Both sides have also been oppressing Christians since 1948.
True but I don't think that God would punish the aggressor and defender with the same sentence. I'm sure you're aware of the fact that the settlers started ethnic cleansing in Palestine well before 1948.

Today Israel still continues its ruthless ethnic cleansing, it's one of the most powerful militaries in the world slaughtering innocent children. While the Palestinians in Gaza have no means of defending their children, they're sitting ducks with all the escape routes closed.

All I can see is wholesale slaughter of innocent children by a superpower and nobody has the courage to stand for justice

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes and No.

Read Hebrews or indeed the engagement of Jesus with the Pharisees in the Temple and it is clear that he is the cornerstone and the Temple and that the body of believers is built on him. But Jesus went to the Jews first in his ministry and this practice persisted until the fall of Jerusalem in the early church to a considerable extent, the Jews first and then the gentiles. As the parable in Math 22 shows the invitation was given to both groups and Jewish rejection preceded gentile acceptance.

The problem with absolute replacement theology is that some Jews became Christians and that a Jewish identity persisted even after the fall of Jerusalem in many early churches, also in every era since there have been Jewish believers in the Messiah. To a considerable extent Christian churches in history have trampled on this identity calling Jews Christ-killers and disputing they have any "chosenness" left. But the promises relating to the land, and specific promises that relate to the land and people, seem to suggest that Israel still has place in Gods plan and that He does not simply cancel His promises. Indeed it is a proof I sometimes use for the existence of God that the Jews have persisted through more than 3000 years of attempts to exterminate them. This is testimony that God is faithful to His promises to them and still has a purpose for them in his plan.

When a Messianic Jew claims the land for Israel and the Jews in Jesus name what authority exists in heaven or on earth to deny that claim?

YHVH (actually YHWH) is an abbreviation for Yahweh. The Jews had a problem using Gods name because they did not have the intimate experience of God-Incarnate and the Holy Spirit allowing them to do that and were afraid of blaspheming the name by usage. Christians have the freedom to use the name because of what Christ has done but again it should not be misused.
We live in the age of Grace, where many of the old covenant ordinances and worship practices are no longer applicable to us. God said the smoke of burnt offerings was a stench in His nostrils, yet it used to be acceptable in the past.

We should remember that the Jews did have a 'chosen people' status but that came to an end in the new covenant. Yes God will keep His promises and bless those Jews which He predestined to join the Church.

We should also consider the fact that the vast majority of Jews were killed by the Romans in 70AD and only a very small number managed to escape to other lands. Most who claim to be Jews today have Turkic blood in them. These assumed the identity of the remnant Jews who lived in the Caucuses and were burned whilst celebrating the passover 8n the Synagogue.

Those Turks who committed that genocide, then took possession of their wealth, their identities, names, and religion. So we need to be careful of whom we're dealing with, we need to make sure it's not the Synagogue of Satan

• Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

nightmares

Jul 20, 2023
London
✟16,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True but I don't think that God would punish the aggressor and defender with the same sentence. I'm sure you're aware of the fact that the settlers started ethnic cleansing in Palestine well before 1948.

Today Israel still continues its ruthless ethnic cleansing, it's one of the most powerful militaries in the world slaughtering innocent children. While the Palestinians in Gaza have no means of defending their children, they're sitting ducks with all the escape routes closed.

All I can see is wholesale slaughter of innocent children by a superpower and nobody has the courage to stand for justice
Yes God would punish the evil barbaric Palestinians for being the latest in a long line of evil anti Semites including the Nazis

Please put aside your false ideas and see the truth

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes God would punish the evil barbaric Palestinians for being the latest in a long line of evil anti Semites including the Nazis

Please put aside your false ideas and see the truth
I see the truth that the Jews were kicked out of most countries that they tried to settle in. I don't know what makes them the most hated people in human history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They attacked Pearl Harbour because they wanted to conquer the Phillipines, which was under the protection of the USA. They wanted to conquer the Phillipines as part of their expansionist policy, as well as because of the trade restrictions the USA had placed on Japan. Japan was starving for many materials, including multiple metals and oil. Negotiations to stop the trade restrictions broke down because of deep ideological differences between the USA and Japan.

Conquering Hawaii, or mainland USA, was never a goal of the attack of pearl harbour. It was meant to cripple the USAs naval power in the pacific to such an extent that they could continue their aggressive expansionist wars.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They attacked Pearl Harbour because they wanted to conquer the Phillipines, which was under the protection of the USA. They wanted to conquer the Phillipines as part of their expansionist policy, as well as because of the trade restrictions the USA had placed on Japan. Japan was starving for many materials, including multiple metals and oil. Negotiations to stop the trade restrictions broke down because of deep ideological differences between the USA and Japan.

Conquering Hawaii, or mainland USA, was never a goal of the attack of pearl harbour. It was meant to cripple the USAs naval power in the pacific to such an extent that they could continue their aggressive expansionist wars.

To be noted, the Japanese invasion of the Philippines was as close to simultaneous with the Pearl Harbor attack as they could make it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have no authority to speak on God's behalf. I know one thing, God hates child murderers
Knowing that God hates child murderers is not some great revelation so obviously you have no authority to speak on God's behalf.

Upvote 0