Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is a book that is generally chronological. It includes events spanning from at least the time of John thru the end of time and is written chapter by chapter in order of time, other than a few sections. Therefore, we must currently be some point in the middle of the book. Knowing that there are 7 seals, and the 7th seal unleashes the 7 trumpets, and the 7th trumpet unleashes the 7 bowls of wrath, this is my question up for discussion:

Where are we chronologically in the book of Revelation? For example, which seals have been opened, or which chapters and verses do you believe we are up to in God's timeline? What has been fulfilled, and what is still to come?

I'll start with my personal believe that at least the 1st seal has been opened, but not the 7th. This comes from an open vision I had of the Army of white horses and riders I saw in the clouds moving from East to West. But what do you think?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is a book that is generally chronological. It includes events spanning from at least the time of John thru the end of time and is written chapter by chapter in order of time, other than a few sections. Therefore, we must currently be some point in the middle of the book. Knowing that there are 7 seals, and the 7th seal unleashes the 7 trumpets, and the 7th trumpet unleashes the 7 bowls of wrath, this is my question up for discussion:

Where are we chronologically in the book of Revelation? For example, which seals have been opened, or which chapters and verses do you believe we are up to in God's timeline? What has been fulfilled, and what is still to come?

I'll start with my personal believe that at least the 1st seal has been opened, but not the 7th. This comes from an open vision I had of the Army of white horses and riders I saw in the clouds moving from East to West. But what do you think?

Revelation 20 or so would be my guess.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Revelation is a book that is generally chronological.

It is not.

The book of Revelation is in no way chronological in its order of things revealed in imagery. For example, Christ is in the Church in Revelation2, the sealing of Israel ends in Revelation 7, and Christ was born in Revelation 12.

Therefore, you really can't pinpoint us to where we may be in the book of Revelation if you view the book as chronological order.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not hijacking here, just expanding the discussion.

I agree with you that the Revelation isn't in chronological order. Rev 6:1-8 pretty much tells the entire story. The writer then goes back and adds details. Most of those details are spoken in the language of the old testament.

It would not surprise me to find that the "angel" who visited John on Patmos brought with him a copy of The Jewish War by Flavius Josephus, and that the writer retold those events in light of Christian tradition.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In terms of the parts of Revelation that are chronological we are at the end of Chapter 3, awaiting the beginning of the seven-year tribulation as introduced in Chapter 4.

There are what's called parenthetical chapters throughout -- like Chapter 12 -- which outline some things that have already taken place, but that are not in the chronology of the seven years and the millennial reign of Christ.

Of course, there is a very wide range of differences in belief in this regard.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

The book of Revelation is not in Chronological Order at all. But we are of course still in the Church Age, which is chapters 2 and 3, in Rev. 4:1 we see the Rapture of the Church. So we are at the end of chapter 3.

No Seals have been opened, the Anti-Christ is the First Seal !!

1. Chapter 1 = Jesus Glorified {Write the things which you HAVE SEEN}
  2. Chapters 2 and 3 is the Church Age. {Write the things WHICH ARE}
  3. Chapter 4 and 5 is the Church in Heaven before the Seals are opened. {Things HEREAFTER}
  4. Chapter 6 is where the Seals are opened at the 3.5 year mark.
  5. Chapter 7 is the 144,000 {All Israel} being protected as they flee, and the Church is shown in Heaven just after the Seals have been opened, they came out of the 2000 year Tribulation.
  6. Chapter 8 is the first four Trumpet Judgments.
  7. Chapter 9 is the First Two Woes.
  8. Chapters 15&16 is the 7 Vials, they are the 3rd Woe.
  9. Chapter 20 is about the 1000 year reign and the Great White Throne Judgment.
  10. Chapters 21 and 22 is the ever after and the New Jerusalem.
That ends the Chronological Order of the book of Revelation. Now to the Parenthetical Citation Chapters of the book of Revelation or chapters that happen in the midst of these chapters above.

1. Chapter 10 is a flash forward to the end.
  2. Chapter 11 starts 75 days before the Beast comes to power, the Two-witnesses preach Christ Crucified and Israel repents {1/3 do} then the Two-witnesses die at the 2nd Woe, 75 days before the 7th Vial where the Beast dies, thus both have 1260 days in their "OFFICES".
  3. Chapter 12 starts with the First Seal, the Dragon chases Israel into the Wilderness {144 k}.
  4. Chapter 13 starts with the First Seal, the Beast arises to power !!
  5. Chapter 14 covers the full 7 years, it's the Rapture {v. 14} and it also shows the Wheat {Israel/144k on Zion} and the Tares {Wicked in the Winepress} both being Harvested.
  6. Chapter 17 starts at the First Seal, its the False Religions being wiped out by the Kings and the Beast, there is no room for any other Gods but him, he must be WORSHIPPED as God !!
  7. Chapter 18 is this Whole Evil World {Babylon} being Judged, it starts at the First Seal and runs through the 7th Vial. Babylon = the Confused who follow Satan.
  8. Chapter 19 is like chapter 14, it runs the full 7 years. The Church is Raptured to Heaven, we Marry the Lamb, then return on White Horses {as Conquerors} and we then defeat the Wicked Tares at Armageddon, by watching Jesus speak Victory.

As you can see, the Chronological Order of the Book of Revelation is just like Daniel, it is not in order at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There can be no doubt that the first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension. Revelation 6:1-11
We have experienced all the wars, plagues and famines since then, any more or worse ones would have finished off mankind completely.
But the clincher is the Fifth Seal, the martyrs start with Stephen and continue on today, until Jesus Returns.

So the next prophesied event that we can expect is the Sixth Seal world changer, that will prepare the way for a One World Govt and all that must happen as described by all the prophets, until Jesus Returns for His Millennium reign.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There can be no doubt that the first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension. Revelation 6:1-11
We have experienced all the wars, plagues and famines since then, any more or worse ones would have finished off mankind completely.
But the clincher is the Fifth Seal, the martyrs start with Stephen and continue on today, until Jesus Returns.

So the next prophesied event that we can expect is the Sixth Seal world changer, that will prepare the way for a One World Govt and all that must happen as described by all the prophets, until Jesus Returns for His Millennium reign.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The book of Revelation is not in Chronological Order at all. But we are of course still in the Church Age, which is chapters 2 and 3, in Rev. 4:1 we see the Rapture of the Church. So we are at the end of chapter 3.

As you can see, the Chronological Order of the Book of Revelation is just like Daniel, it is not in order at all.
HUH?!
Are talking about John in Reve 4:1?
He is just a witness to be shown the vision.

Revelation 4:1
After these I looked and Behold! A door having opened in the heaven and the sound, the first which I hear, as of trumpet talking with me saying "ascend thou hence! and I shall be showing to thee which-things is binding to be becoming after these.

The 2 witnesses are representing the rapture.......................

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...loud-instead-of-clouds.8076292/#post-73029154

Luke 21:27
And then they shall be seeing the Son of the Man coming in a cloud with power and glory, much. [Revelation 14:14]

Like others have said, Revelation is not in order and perhaps why it is difficult for both Jews and Gentiles to figure out?

Revelation 14:
14 And I looked and behold! a white cloud
and upon the cloud like-as a Son of Man sitting having a golden crown upon His head and in His hand, a sharp sickle

Revelation 11:12
And they hear a great Voice out of the Heaven saying to them "ascend ye here!
And they ascended into the heaven in the cloud and their enemies behold them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It would not surprise me to find that the "angel" who visited John on Patmos brought with him a copy of The Jewish War by Flavius Josephus, and that the writer retold those events in light of Christian tradition.

LOL. Seriously?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Of. Course. NOT!

Sure it is. Rider on a white horse conquering. Five months of men seeking death and not finding it. Measures of wheat for a day's pay. Or even barley if they were the poorer sort.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Chapter 5, we are still waiting for the first seal to be opened.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure it is. Rider on a white horse conquering. Five months of men seeking death and not finding it. Measures of wheat for a day's pay. Or even barley if they were the poorer sort.
Yes, Revelation 6:6 denotes famine on 1st century Jerusalem and why "locust" are also used, as we all know what a swarm of locust can to vegetation.

John 11:48
"If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him.
And shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking away of Us and the Place and the Nation
[Revelation 6:6/14:8]

Rev 9
3 Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
7 The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.

Revelation 6:6

And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denari and three choinex of barleys a denari,
and the oil and the wine
no you should be injuring" [Revelation 18:12-13]

Revelation 9:6
And in those days the men shall be seeking the death, and not no shall be finding it;
and they shall be desiring/yearning<1937> to be dying, and the death is fleeing from them.

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Revelation 18:8
“Thru this shall be arriving the blows of Her, death and mourning<3997> and famine<3042>
And in fire She shall be being burned, for strong is the Lord God the One judging Her.
12 Cargo of gold and silver, and precious stone and pearl
and fine linen and purple, [Luke 16:19/Revelation 18:16]
and silk, and scarlet, and all thyne wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel of most precious wood and brass and iron and marble
13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointment, and frankincense,
and wine and oil and fine flour and wheat
and cattle and sheep and of horses and of chariots and of bodies and souls of men.

And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denari and three choinex of barleys a denari,
and the oil and the wine
no you should be injuring" [Revelation 18:12]
==================================
Please visit my Revelation 9:6 thread

REVELATION 9:6 'MEN WILL BE SEEKING THE DEATH, DEATH IS FLEEING FROM THEM"

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
The Jews, for of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen. In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal ; and had actually eaten one half thereof, when the soldiers, allured by tile smell of food, threatened her with instant death if she refused to discover it. 'Intimidated by this menace, she immediately produced the remains of her son, which petrified them with horror. At the recital of this melancholy and affecting occurrence, the whole city stood aghast, and poured forth their congratulations on those whom death had hurried away from such heartrending scenes. Indeed, humanity at once shudders and sickens at the narration, nor can any one of the least sensibility reflect upon the pitiable condition to which the female part of the inhabitants of Jerusalem must at this time have been reduced, without experiencing the tenderest emotions of sympathy, or refrain from tears while he reads our SAVIOUR'S pathetic address to the women who " bewailed him" as he was led to Calvary, wherein he evidently refers to these very calamities : "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but for yourselves and for your children;
for behold! the days are coming in which they shall say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts that never gave suck." Luke xxiii. 29.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Revelation 6:6 denotes famine on 1st century Jerusalem and why "locust" are also used as we all know what a swarm of locust can to vegetation.

John 11:48
"If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him.
And shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking away of Us and the Place and the Nation
[Revelation 6:6/14:8]

and the oil and the wine
no you should be injuring" [Revelation 18:12-13]

Revelation 9:6
And in those days the men shall be seeking the death, and not no shall be finding it;
and they shall be desiring/yearning<1937> to be dying, and the death is fleeing from them.

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Revelation 18:8
“Thru this shall be arriving the blows of Her, death and mourning<3997> and famine<3042>
And in fire She shall be being burned, for strong is the Lord God the One judging Her.
12 Cargo of gold and silver, and precious stone and pearl
and fine linen and purple, [Luke 16:19/Revelation 18:16]
and silk, and scarlet, and all thyne wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel of most precious wood and brass and iron and marble
13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointment, and frankincense,
and wine and oil and fine flour and wheat
and cattle and sheep and of horses and of chariots and of bodies and souls of men.

and the oil and the wine
no you should be injuring" [Revelation 18:12]
==================================
Please visit my Revelation 9:6 thread

REVELATION 9:6 'MEN WILL BE SEEKING THE DEATH, DEATH IS FLEEING FROM THEM"

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
The Jews, for of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen. In the depth or this horrible extremity, a Jewess of noble family urged by the intolerable cravings of hunger, slew her infant child, and prepared it for a meal ; and had actually eaten one half thereof, when the soldiers, allured by tile smell of food, threatened her with instant death if she refused to discover it. 'Intimidated by this menace, she immediately produced the remains of her son, which petrified them with horror. At the recital of this melancholy and affecting occurrence, the whole city stood aghast, and poured forth their congratulations on those whom death had hurried away from such heartrending scenes. Indeed, humanity at once shudders and sickens at the narration, nor can any one of the least sensibility reflect upon the pitiable condition to which the female part of the inhabitants of Jerusalem must at this time have been reduced, without experiencing the tenderest emotions of sympathy, or refrain from tears while he reads our SAVIOUR'S pathetic address to the women who " bewailed him" as he was led to Calvary, wherein he evidently refers to these very calamities : "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but for yourselves and fur your children ; for, behold, the days are coming in which they shall say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts that never gave suck." Luke xxiii. 29.

Do not hurt the oil or the wine is an ironic thing to say, and was likely meant as sarcasm. I think it was the Idumeans that gained control of the temple mount and one of the first things they did was get drunk off the wine in the temple and spoiled the barrels of oil. As if to say "do not kill" but they killed. "Do not steal " but they stole. "Do not lie with mankind as you lie with womankind" but they did that as well. By the way, "do not hurt the oil or the wine"...

Upvote 0