Roseburg
✟15,328.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I moved to a new area where I am having trouble finding a new church. I was considering starting a house church using the online videos and study guides from Woodland hills Church which I have been enjoying personally for years.

How does one go about starting a house church or small group in a new area where you don't know anyone.

NewEnglandGirl

Putting on God's Full Armor
Apr 24, 2015
✟15,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you need to go to an established church body in your area, one that is close to your beliefs. Start attending and post/announce to members you meet there that you want to start having a bible study in your home. Then from your bible study you might see if you have the makings to go on to a regular home-church group. I am not familiar with Woodland Hills but you might introduce those gradually or as aids to your study. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Most people I know who started something, set the time and place and kept it going, even if they were the only ones there.

Ways to spread the information:
  • Word of mouth.
  • Local Christian newsletter or Pennysaver.
  • Post a meetup group in your area. (quicker)
  • List it on a wiki for your city. (slower)
  • Start your own web site.
  • Craigslist community, events, activities.
  • Signs (approved) at post office, restaurants, pizza shops, library, community center, local college.

Define clearly what you intend to do, so people do not try to steer it in an uncomfortable or unscriptural direction. Make sure to invite another friend for protection.

Upvote 0