Sioux Falls, SD
✟99,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I want to be clean, I want to be without sin.. I like the feeling I get right after prayer, It's like a clean pure feeling, But it does not last, Sooner or later temptation happens..

My sins and desires offend me, And even though I try to resist, it's not so simple, The flesh is wicked and it desires what it does. Is there a way to make temptation go away and never come back. I dislike my temptations, I want them to stop completely, forever..There is no need to go into detail. And lest I be judged, No man is without sin. But, I am offended by my wickedness, it pulls at me like a chain coming straight from hell. To know the love of God, And then to feel the pull of Satan,, It's unfair, God deserves better then me, And I want to do better. But the devil knows my weakness.. And I am weak. How can someone make temptation stop? It's like a sickness that does not go away..

A never ending battle, And I just want peace,...Please note, I am not insane, I am just very spiritual,, I promise, My sins are not that different from any other male,, most likely..

But its not fair that Satan gets to try, over and over and over again,, it's like I am a stone and he is a stone cutter.. He picks at me until I am weak. And I fall to temptation..

It's not fair... I want it to stop...
The temptations won't end but they will get better. It is like a tree growing through a crack in the stone. Eventually the tree wins and the stone is broken. Keep nurturing your better angels. When you fall (and you will) get back up, make your confession then go back to work. I like the Native American parable of the wolf you feed...
http://www.nanticokeindians.org/tale_of_two_wolves.cfm

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to be clean, I want to be without sin.. I like the feeling I get right after prayer, It's like a clean pure feeling, But it does not last, Sooner or later temptation happens..

My sins and desires offend me, And even though I try to resist, it's not so simple, The flesh is wicked and it desires what it does. Is there a way to make temptation go away and never come back. I dislike my temptations, I want them to stop completely, forever..There is no need to go into detail. And lest I be judged, No man is without sin. But, I am offended by my wickedness, it pulls at me like a chain coming straight from hell. To know the love of God, And then to feel the pull of Satan,, It's unfair, God deserves better then me, And I want to do better. But the devil knows my weakness.. And I am weak. How can someone make temptation stop? It's like a sickness that does not go away..

A never ending battle, And I just want peace,...Please note, I am not insane, I am just very spiritual,, I promise, My sins are not that different from any other male,, most likely..

But its not fair that Satan gets to try, over and over and over again,, it's like I am a stone and he is a stone cutter.. He picks at me until I am weak. And I fall to temptation..

It's not fair... I want it to stop...
Actually, this is a far more important subject than most that are discussed on these websites.
Satan wants you to live under law, not grace.
Sin is transgression of the law 1 john 3:4

When you look to your sin and strive to defeat it to justify your Christianity, you are in truth seeking to be justified by observing the law( works of the law)
People do it all the time. They know God hates sin, and they want to obey and please God, and the natural thing I to seek to obey the law( not sin) to justify their walk. I can only repeat, that is what satan wants.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you taken the initiative and purified your self. It is explained in scriptures but generally not understood.

2 Corinthians 10:5(KJV)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 12:2“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
2 Corinthians 4:2 (KJV) 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
Ephesians 2:2 (KJV)
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

It is necessary to understand the working of the mind. Is the mind all in the head or is there a morphic resonance of mind connection with others outside it. Could this be the power of the air who has a prince Satan.
Ephesians 2:2 (KJV)
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (rebellious)
The Prophet Samuel stated "rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft".

The natural mind in its rebelliousness is separated from God and immortality. This rebelliousness is the conforming to this world and gives each individual the ability to bond with other humans in the mind.
It is predatory and dangerous to a vulnerable seeker. The reaction is to develop a defensive mental hardness with self belief which also takes over the whole heart or inner being. This works by stirring up feelings and responses within the brain and then the body. Most clues come from body language but people do connect deeply and learn how to get into the minds of others. This can be remotely and even half a world away. There needs to be a detachment and covering from this realm of the mind. But this predatory mental power will always draw an individual or group back into themselves. Even "good" people become a problem.

This power of the mind from own self belief has a penalty and is overtaken with all manner of attachments with temptation to act out. This includes words and how they are deployed, the energy behind them. This is Satan's kingdom and the Gospel of the kingdom is about learning the way to escape.
The thoughts are generally overtaken by all manner of spurious reasoning and processes as a way of resolving issues. This could also be as subtle as developing a religious doctrine.
It is a battle in own mind. Remember that others around you will not be taking the same path and could mentally damage you if there is no separation from them.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians do sin, but we must confess our sins to God when we do sin. We can't be perfect, for no one is perfect, no not one. Also remember that if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth of God is not in us.

No one can be perfect but in a process of purifying own self and breaking inwardly deeply enough the nature of Jesus, the divine nature will cover and God will indwell powerfully. The Love in the divine nature will be energized by God.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The christian cannot purify themself. It is what God WILL do if we look away from ourselves and to Christ, and trust him, through the power of the holy spirit to sanctify us/ bring us to live evermore holy lives

James 4:8
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah 1:16
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

Think about how the mind works.

2 Corinthians 7:1
| NIVTherefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The christian cannot purify themself. It is what God WILL do if we look away from ourselves and to Christ, and trust him, through the power of the holy spirit to sanctify us/ bring us to live evermore holy lives
Thinking about what you have written,
The Holy Spirit leads because the natural mind does not know or comprehend the transition. It takes a desperate act to allow the Spirit to lead. Satan and the fixtures of the mind (demons) will not allow seeing beyond own self. They must be exposed and expelled.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James 4:8
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah 1:16
Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong.

Think about how the mind works.

2 Corinthians 7:1
| NIVTherefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.
Have you purified yourself?
Victory over sin is not what you can do, only what God can and will do if you trust him to do it.
You first have to understand grace, then quote other scriptures

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thinking about what you have written,
The Holy Spirit leads because the natural mind does not know or comprehend the transition. It takes a desperate act to allow the Spirit to lead. Satan and the fixtures of the mind (demons) will not allow seeing beyond own self. They must be exposed and expelled.
The christian is sanctified( made ever more holy) by the work of the holy spirit rom15:16. Not themselves

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you purified yourself?
Victory over sin is not what you can do, only what God can and will do if you trust him to do it.
You first have to understand grace, then quote other scriptures
Yes. I was lead by the Spirit into a complete change within the mind. My rebellious nature was covered by the divine nature, the nature of Jesus and only then the eternal God's energizing power filled the Love in that nature, completely to overflowing.
This cannot be comprehended in the natural mind because all the old self with attachments on the personality have to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I was lead by the Spirit into a complete change within the mind. My rebellious nature was covered by the divine nature, the nature of Jesus and only then the eternal God's energizing power filled the Love in that nature, completely to overflowing.
This cannot be comprehended in the natural mind because all the old self with attachments on the personality have to go.
I agree with this.
However, none of us are perfect in the flesh, and if people want to see true victory over sin, they need to understand how that is to be achieved(rom6:14)

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The christian is sanctified( made ever more holy) by the work of the holy spirit rom15:16. Not themselves
The self has attachments and they are seen when observing another personality. It is easy to see faults in others rather than our own self. We are all sinners but there is a way by faith where the Spirit will lead.
The Holy Spirit is mostly dormant in those who are recipients because of false doctrine.
But each has a seed that must be watered and the spirit will lead all the way to the divine nature and the indwelling of God. This is not superficial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The self has attachments and they are seen when observing another personality. It is easy to see faults in others rather than our own self. We are all sinners but their is a way by faith where the Spirit will lead.
The Holy Spirit is mostly dormant in those who are recipients because of false doctrine.
But each has a seed that must be watered and the spirit will lead all the way to the divine nature and the indwelling of God. This is not superficial.
Indeed, the spirit is more doormant in those who have false doctrines.
Most don't know the new covenant hinges on two, not one core foundational fact.
And most do not understand Paul's core message of grace.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with this.
However, none of us are perfect in the flesh, and if people want to see true victory over sin, they need to understand how that is to be achieved(rom6:14)

1 John 3:2-3 | NIV | Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 3:2-3 | NIV | Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
S
that the gentiles might become an offering to God, sanctified by the holy spirit rom 15:16
If you want to see yourself sanctified, as God wants you sanctified, look to Jesus, and trust him through the spirit to bring you to live an ever holier life. Give God the glory for what he does in you, then he is pleased.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hebrews 10:
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

We are not shut out from the holy place, as the fathers were, but we have an entrance into the true holy place seeing that we are purged with the blood, not of beasts, but of Jesus. Neither as in times past, does the High Priest shut us out by setting the veil against us, but through the veil, which is his flesh, he has brought us into heaven itself, so that we have now truly an High Priest who is over the house of God.

If and when action is taken faith comes by hearing a quickened or livened word of scripture and revelation and then this shifts the belief from own self. The spirit leads.
It is important to know that Satan will have a hold within the normal, usual personality and this is seen in the spurious thoughts with temptation and these capture the will. These must be renounced.
Some people are stronger in the mind than others and they must be kept away from if the goal is Love and the divine nature.
The mind is fully protected if a complete transition is taken but not before.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What's your understanding, interpretation of Paul's core message of grace?

Romans 6:3 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hebrews 10:
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

We are not shut out from the holy place, as the fathers were, but we have an entrance into the true holy place seeing that we are purged with the blood, not of beasts, but of Jesus. Neither as in times past, does the High Priest shut us out by setting the veil against us, but through the veil, which is his flesh, he has brought us into heaven itself, so that we have now truly an High Priest who is over the house of God.

If and when action is taken faith comes by hearing a quickened or livened word of scripture and revelation and then this shifts the belief from own self. The spirit leads.
It is important to know that Satan will have a hold within the normal, usual personality and this is seen in the spurious thoughts with temptation and these capture the will. These must be renounced.
Some people are stronger in the mind than others and they must be kept away from if the goal is Love and the divine nature.
The mind is fully protected if a complete transition is taken but not before.
If we truly love God, we will want him to have all the glory for the changes in our lives. We will boast of what he does in us, not what we can do of ourselves:
For it I we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh( ourselves) phil3:3

Are you so foolish? After begining with the spirit are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Gal3:3

It does not therefore depend on mans desire or effort but on Gods mercy rom9:16

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's your understanding, interpretation of Paul's core message of grace?

Romans 6:3 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Big subject. To just say it in one sentence doesn't do it justice.
The christian has to know in their heart their only righteousness I Gods sight is faith in his son, they can have no rightstanding before God of observing the law( their own personal goodness) that is the foundation of knowledge that leads to sin not being your master.
However, that in itself is a huge subject on its own

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we truly love God, we will want him to have all the glory for the changes in our lives. We will boast of what he does in us, not what we can do of ourselves:
For it I we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh( ourselves) phil3:3

Are you so foolish? After begining with the spirit are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Gal3:3

It does not therefore depend on mans desire or effort but on Gods mercy rom9:16

I am unsure if you are twisting the meaning of everything that has been written.
I have heard this from others and they sit waiting for a "sovereign act of God" as they say and nothing is changed in their lives. They are just doing their own thing. That is not glorifying God. The idea is to present the body as a living sacrifice, that is everything. God indwells powerfully.

Faith without works is dead. Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word of God. Belief is changed from own self, to belief in God and when words are spoken salvation occurs as this purifies the heart increasingly. Instead of speaking from a defiled heart and mind it is becoming more pure.
I am able to say there is a way into the Holy Place, the heavenly sanctuary of God. I have been into the sanctuary and have God's blessing.

Upvote 0