How do you refute de idea that creationism/intelligent design are "pseudoscience"

BioHazardFan03

Oct 2, 2022
João Pessoa
✟9,563.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen many people online saying that creation/ID are "pseudoscience".

How do you refute it? I looked it up on searchcreation.org but i did not get results that matched my question. Maybe i could ask gotquestions.org about it? Any responses(from a christian prespective) would be welcome.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The refutation would need to come in the form of peer-reviewed research published in mainstream scientific journals and conferences. The research needs to support clearly-stated hypotheses: "If God created the world, then we should expect observation X, and if God did not create the world, then we should expect observation Y, and my research found observation X." I don't know what X and Y would look like, but it should be something along these lines.

Upvote 0

Br4nd0n

Mar 24, 2017
Canada
✟71,497.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont really worry about it, honestly. Successful refutation doesnt equal a changed heart in the opposing party.

Although it is funny that all laws of science are in motion because of God, the very One whom unbelievers are trying to disprove.

Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

BioHazardFan03

Oct 2, 2022
João Pessoa
✟9,563.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The refutation would need to come in the form of peer-reviewed research published in mainstream scientific journals and conferences. The research needs to support clearly-stated hypotheses: "If God created the world, then we should expect observation X, and if God did not create the world, then we should expect observation Y, and my research found observation X." I don't know what X and Y would look like, but it should be something along these lines.
This is a beautiful response. I'm trying to get my hands on Replacing Darwin and Traced. They are 2 books that talk about genetics and speciation from a creation/ID viewpoint and make predictions. I know Dr Natanael Jeanson was in a christian podcast with a theistic evolutionist and they debated the contents of both books.

• Friendly
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if such a thing can ever happen. You can refute evolution, the Big Bang, and other theories with new theories, but I feel science will always be naturalistic. There is no room for a creator in naturalistic processes. After being an atheist and evolutionist for most of my teens and accepting Christ in my 20's, I've finally come to terms with the fact that God is outside of scientific observation and that might just be where He wants to be. He wants us to live by faith, not by sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

BioHazardFan03

Oct 2, 2022
João Pessoa
✟9,563.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if such a thing can ever happen. You can refute evolution, the Big Bang, and other theories with new theories, but I feel science will always be naturalistic. There is no room for a creator in naturalistic processes. After being an atheist and evolutionist for most of my teens and accepting Christ in my 20's, I've finally come to terms with the fact that God is outside of scientific observation and that might just be where He wants to be. He wants us to live by faith, not by sight.
"God Almighty first planted a garden; and, indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures. A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion." -Francis Bacon, Father of The Scientific Method

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen many people online saying that creation/ID are "pseudoscience".

How do you refute it? I looked it up on searchcreation.org but i did not get results that matched my question. Maybe i could ask gotquestions.org about it? Any responses(from a christian prespective) would be welcome.

sites like answers in genesis and creation.com have lists of scientists who have and who are working in science.
Not every Christian scientist is working on creation v evolution, example Andy Mackintosh a British scientist was behind the UK cycle teams success in the olympics with his research that helped them design and build there bikes, he is a creation believeing Christian.

Upvote 0

BioHazardFan03

Oct 2, 2022
João Pessoa
✟9,563.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sites like answers in genesis and creation.com have lists of scientists who have and who are working in science.
Not every Christian scientist is working on creation v evolution, example Andy Mackintosh a British scientist was behind the UK cycle teams success in the olympics with his research that helped them design and build there bikes, he is a creation believeing Christian.
Thanks

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"How do you refute de idea that creationism/intelligent design are "pseudoscience"

You don't. Creationism is not science nor pseudoscience, it is faith.
When you try and use science to back up your belief in anything it is an intellectual endeavor, a way of using the mind and intellect to 'prop up' faith. It is therefor driven by a lack of faith.
Faith does not come from the mind but from the spirit. It is you talking to God and God talking to you. The mind and soul will get in the way of faith, for they can be
swayed by emotion and intellect. Faith that stands upon the mind is not truly faith at all, it is a mind or intellectual belief. Its is not the rock but the sand.
This is what happened to Peter when he stepped out of the boat.
Matt. 14
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

Peter had enough faith to get out of the boat and step onto the water.
But then his intellect or mind said "You are standing on water and water cannot hold you up" His soul then kicked in with the emotion of fear.
These things together reduced his faith in Jesus and so he began to sink.
Faith is believing the truth of God in your heart regardless of emotion and regardless of the 'facts' surrounding you.

Upvote 0

Suggestion Box

Apr 15, 2009
✟25,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's important to begin with God's word because the Father has revealed his Son (Matthew 16:15-17), who is his Word (John 1:14), to his chosen people. Because he has revealed his Word to us, we can start there. Faith is the foundation of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 9:10, Psalms 111:10). The root word of science is knowledge. The goal of science, then, is not to prove God, or deduce God, or test God. It is to gain knowledge. Gaining knowledge is a good thing - insomuch as it promotes wise dealing, righteousness, justice, and equity (Proverbs 1:3), and does not puff us up and cause us to act arrogantly, or cause others to sin (1 Corinthians 8:1-2).

So then, creation science begins with belief in God, and reasons from there. But it must be remembered that this reasoning operates within the very limited confines of human understanding (Job 38:4). That said, creation science delves into speculation... knowing that they're only speculating. For example:
Christian astrophysicists have proposed various explanations as to how God might have created things in such a way that even Adam and Eve would have been able to see distant starlight.
Creation.com
They then go on to speculate, basing those speculations on evidence: possible explanations of distant starlight could be time dilation, or if light travels at a different speed when measured in one direction than when measured bouncing off something.

This type of thing may be cause for an accusation of pseudo-science. But it is important to remember that this is admitted speculation: an educated guess, not a claim of knowledge. Furthermore, if science really means knowledge, and if it's really based on observation, then any attempt to describe events prior to the existence of mankind is not science - at least, not in the same sense that predicting the weather or improving a product or identifying a suspect is science. If there are no records of credible eyewitnesses describing an event, then it is by definition unobserved. One can guess, one can deduce, one can build complex mathematical models to estimate, but none of this can be verified by direct observation.

So in some sense, the claim that creation science is pseudo-science is a claim that any prehistoric science is pseudo-science. If you define science in such a way that it depends on direct observation, then you need to be consistent. But if you're willing to include educated guesses in what you want to call "science", then you need to include those educated guesses which are based on scriptural evidence at least as much as educated guesses based on other sources of information.

That is my non-expert approach. If you want the approach of people a little more knowledgeable than I, you could also look here:
Creation isn’t science?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although it is funny that all laws of science are in motion because of God, the very One whom unbelievers are trying to disprove.
The laws of science are the Laws of God.
H+O2 = water? God's Law.
E=MC2? God's Law.
186,000 miles per second? God's Law.
Ad infinitum.
Real science is the quest to find and understand God's Laws.

Upvote 0