• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

WeWalkByFaith

Mar 10, 2016
Singapore
✟9,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for posting it in this thread, but I did not know what other category this topic falls on.

Anyway, recently for the past 3 weeks I've been attacked by the spirit of unbelief and this is causing me to doubt God and his Word, thus I'm not able to seek refuge in him, as I constantly question myself about my trust in him, his love for me and such.

I've asked a few others and they said it has to be a decision made from the heart to take God at his word, but how do I do this when there's a spirit of unbelief filling my heart with unbelief and unable fully trust in God? Will prayer help? Please respond fast!!

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would think that prayer would help. You posted in a rather inactive forum, so maybe you should post this again under the forum for Christian Advice or the Prayer Wall. I'm sorry you are struggling so much. I'm sorry I don' think I have the answer to your question, maybe someone else in one of the other forums will though. I like to remember all of the prophecies that are fulfilled both by Jesus and the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WeWalkByFaith

Mar 10, 2016
Singapore
✟9,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would think that prayer would help. You posted in a rather inactive forum, so maybe you should post this again under the forum for Christian Advice or the Prayer Wall. I'm sorry you are struggling so much. I'm sorry I don' think I have the answer to your question, maybe someone else in one of the other forums will though. I like to remember all of the prophecies that are fulfilled both by Jesus and the Bible.

That's good to hear, hopefully God would tear down these spiritual strongholds in my mind from preventing me into fully believing in him. And thank you for the suggestion, will do that right away :)

Upvote 0

Striving Faith

Nov 13, 2016
Canada
✟15,317.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I apologize for posting it in this thread, but I did not know what other category this topic falls on.

Anyway, recently for the past 3 weeks I've been attacked by the spirit of unbelief and this is causing me to doubt God and his Word, thus I'm not able to seek refuge in him, as I constantly question myself about my trust in him, his love for me and such.

I've asked a few others and they said it has to be a decision made from the heart to take God at his word, but how do I do this when there's a spirit of unbelief filling my heart with unbelief and unable fully trust in God? Will prayer help? Please respond fast!!

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God holds you responsible for your unbelief, not any spirit. Faith is a gift from God. We try to believe, we act as if we believe, and we hold onto whatever faith we have, but beyond that you just need to leave it up to God. Examining why you believe and looking for more evidence (there's more than you can study in a lifetime) is profitable, but choosing to obey based on your hope that he is who he says he is will reveal God's help for you. (Re)Listen to the testimony of other people who have experienced God in their lives.

Upvote 0