PentecostalEvangelist

Aug 8, 2005
Arkansas
✟252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
5solas, I find it very difficult to have sincere Christian fellowship with people who are as insulting as you were in your post.

BUT I forgive you.

I apologize to you all for having responded to rnmomof7's last post, I did say I would discuss the issue no further, and I was wrong for responding to the post.

I should certainly have stood true to my word, and left, BUT I did not do that, and I am very sorry.

5solas, your comments about me were completely uncalled for, You do not have to remind me of how stupid I am, I have to fight everyday of my life, against self hatred, even though I am a Christian, I still fight daily against that one thing because that is what the devil knows torments me, and I fight everyday, to NOT want to kill myself, and YOU saying what you did, just made it a little bit harder. :cry:

BUT as I said, I forgive you. :(

Upvote 0

oworm

Veteran
Nov 24, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
PentecostalEvangelist said:
oworm said:
Well If CERTAIN people in here would just shut up and leave me alone.....^_^
If we shut up and leave you alone there wont be any point in your being here will there?

If You'd like I'll leave the forums for good, would THAT satisfy you?
No !

I do have MUCH better things to do, for GOD than WASTE my time here.
So why are you here?

Speaking about wasting time, I got my fanny royaly chewed out for asking this question on another forum, BUT I meant NO offense, and I mean none here,
We're a pretty thich skinned bunch. It takes a lot to get the feathers ruffled around here.

BUT on the average, how much time do you spend each day here in the forums, having Internet fellowship with other Christians, and how much time do you spend each day in personal fellowship with God each day?
We all have seasons of fervent posting and debating. Some of us work at home and can afford the luxury of having the internet on all day.
My own personal devotions happen in the early part of the day. Fellowship with God is pretty much 24/7 since we are never out of His presence, but being as we are still sinners we sometimes fail to acknowledge Him in all we do. Still, its a great comfort to know that He is always faithful and watches over us all day.

BTW NONE of you are EVER going to change my beliefs, because Gods word is NEVER going to change.
Only God can make these kind of changes and yes Gods word never changes,but sometimes we do change in how we understand that word.

I still want to point out very sincerely that I have never once meant that I think any of you are unsaved, and I hope you do not think I am unsaved, I mess up a lot, and I do it in very bad ways sometimes, YES I do get very depressed, and very discouraged, just pray for me please.
Thankyou for sharing that and you can be assured i will pray for you as im sure others here are too!

Bookworm, I'll leave if it will make you and the others in the forums feel better......:)
Actually i dont think we would feel better if you left. Given that you are prone to depression and discouragment and that this seems to be the only forum you post in here at CF i think we would be more concerned if you left.

Please make yourself at home here and if you ever want to share anything of your thoughts and fears with us then please feel free. No one in SR resents you and you will always be welcome:)

Upvote 0

5solas

Ephesians 2:8.9
Aug 10, 2004
✟16,808.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
5solas, I find it very difficult to have sincere Christian fellowship with people who are as insulting as you were in your post.

BUT I forgive you.

5solas, your comments about me were completely uncalled for, You do not have to remind me of how stupid I am, I have to fight everyday of my life, against self hatred, even though I am a Christian, I still fight daily against that one thing because that is what the devil knows torments me, and I fight everyday, to NOT want to kill myself, and YOU saying what you did, just made it a little bit harder. :cry:

BUT as I said, I forgive you. :(

I am very sorry to have offended you :blush: - I regret this very much. Please accept my apologies. :bow:

You know, you would not be here if God did not want it to be that way.

So please accept my apologies and thank you for forgiving me :wave:

Upvote 0

CCWoody

Voted best Semper Reformada signature ~ 2007
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟8,255.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IF GOD reveals to my heart that YOUR Theory is Biblically correct, through the revelation By His Spirit of adequate Biblical evidence, absolutely refuting all other Biblical passages in his word that are absolutely contrary to your theory that thre doctrine of election as it is presently taught IS Biblically sound, NOT in anyway refusing to make offer of the gift of salvation readily availableto anyone and everyone, anywhere and everywhere, THEN I will gladly teach it as a sound Biblical truth and promote, and defend it faithfully.
  1. The doctrine of Absolute Predestination and our faith has been believed by Christians for the last 2000 years. Your beliefs fall under a category of something invented relatively recently. You need to consider this rather soberly. If your doctrine is the doctrine of the Bible, then Satan has prevailed against the truth for nearly 1900 years. So much for the gates of hell not prevailing against the Pillar of Truth, the Church.
  2. You need to lose your attitude. This forum is called "Ask a Calvinist." That means you are free to ask questions and then listen to our answers and then ask questions to get clarification about what we believe and why. Nobody insists that you agree with it. You can call it Satan's child for all I care. But you are not going to get very far the way you are going about it now.
  3. Lighten up, already. Your suppose to have fistfulls more of the anointing of the Spirit. You'd think that would make you happier than us wicked Calvinists who can't have much of the Spirit, if any. I'll tell you what. Go find your vingate 80's album of the best of Carmen and 2 minutes into the "Holy Ghost Hop!" you'll forget all about us mean old Calvinists. [that's a joke son]
  4. I used to be Pentecostal, like you, at least I used to be in the Pentecostal world. Then, one day, something amazing happened. I picked up my Bible and started studying it every day. I have been doing so every day since then and have completed a yearly study every year since that day. I post occationally and loosely host The Reformed room Bible study You are welcome to join it. What I found was amazing. You see, I couldn't reconcile what was being taught from the pulpit with what I was finding in the Bible. Eventually, I came to discover that this theology I found in the Bible, this gospel, had a modern day nickname called Calvinism.
  5. Calvinism is not a theology of a handful of verses; it is a theology encompassing everying single verse in the whole Bible. If you wish to actually discuss and debate Scriptures, then here is a thread I've started recently concerning Election: Shredding the myth of Election by foreseen faith one verse at a time

Upvote 0

Rolf Ernst

Apr 13, 2004
✟1,350.00
Faith
Calvinist
It would certainly be to everyones liking if everyone who comes would not disgaree, and yet this shall never happen, just as there shall never be unity in the body of Christ.

There are many diverse, differences of opinion, many strange interpretations of scripture, and many, many more headstrong, and extremely confused seekers of truth, who hear no truth, who see no truth, who know no truth, who have no truth, who speak no truth, we all, as one, are equally the same, and yet we are NOT one body in Christ, we are all, as dust in a tornado, scattered violently to the raging, hostile, perverted, corrupt winds of many, many diverse, confusing doctrines of men.

And I am, of all men, certainly the most violently tossed, and in all things, the most horribly hated

I will surely die a violent, hostile, painful, miserable, sickening, disgusting death.

For this, is undeniably what GOD has predestinated for me, I have certainly been elected to suffering.

Like the sounds of the storm calling violently to the calm, prosephying it's destruction, I can hear the storm rushing toward me, coming faster, and faster, drawing closer, and closer, prophesying my own destruction, I see it, I hear it, I feel it, it is meant to be, it shall come to pass, it shall be, it is.

Do you think me insane? Can you see my pain? Can you feel my sorrow? I feel nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing, I am not, and yet I am, I wish to be, yet I cannot be, I am, and yet I do not wish to be.

Go they say, leave us and come here no more, we cannot abide your presence, you stink, you are a dsigusting foul, and vile perversion, shall we continue to provide for you?

Shall we always labor, by the sweat of our brow for your sustenance?

NO!

We will send you to the tormentors, and watch as you are required, and held accountable for the sins of your youth, you will pay the price in full they cry out with loud voices, we have hated you from the day of your birth, why, they have asked my mother and father, why did you let him come, why didn't you kill this monster in the womb?

And they know only silence, and I see only tears, tears of self hatred, tears of self disgust, tears of hope, hope for an end, hope for an
end....:(
PE, do you realize how tiring it is to deal with someone
who turns a deaf ear to scripture's presented and, of course, seems to see no need to present supporting scriptures when they make their own claims of authority?? I have a question for you--what is your view of the source of knowledge held by men? Where did you get the knowledge that you have??

Upvote 0

Godzchild

Jul 23, 2005
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I'm seriously here to ask questions re:calvinism

I have actually never heard of this movement till I started posting on Christian forums (yes I live under a rock ;) ) As I started posting on said forums I was accused of being a calvinist once or twice adn I had no idea what they were on about LOL

So now I'm here to ask about your doctrine and what it's all about.

So far, I've gleaned from this thread that you guys believe that we are predestined and elected by God, having foreknown who would choose to be HIS and who would not? Would that be correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Godzchild said:
Hi I'm seriously here to ask questions re:calvinism

I have actually never heard of this movement till I started posting on Christian forums (yes I live under a rock ;) ) As I started posting on said forums I was accused of being a calvinist once or twice adn I had no idea what they were on about LOL

So now I'm here to ask about your doctrine and what it's all about.

So far, I've gleaned from this thread that you guys believe that we are predestined and elected by God, having foreknown who would choose to be HIS and who would not? Would that be correct?
I wouldn't classify Calvinism as "movement" because it's neither a) new, nor b) idealistic. Calvinism is merely the proper theology of the Bible. That being said, we would love to tell you what God's Word says about his predestinating love for you.

You are indeed correct that one aspect of Calvinism is predestination. I should clarify that we believe predestination is done completely at God's will and not based on any merit in the elect. That is, all theologies acknowledge predestination in one form or another. They have to because the Bible explicitly uses this word in a number of places. No other theology acknowledges that predestination is based solely on God's choice, though. They all insist that we must first believe before God chooses us, which is not what the Bible teaches.

If you are interested in discussing doctrine, I would suggest starting a new thread here in the Ask a Calvinist forum. This one has had some... difficulties.

Soli Deo Gloria

Jon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums