✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CCWoody said:
Gads. How are we going to swear you in and get you to that secret society meeting being held you know where? Just to let the cat out of the bag, this weekend's topic is:

"If Benny Hinn was a Calvinist, he'd have better hair."

I'll see if I can find out where your ring is hiding. In the meantime, you practice your secret handshake.
By the way, Woody, I lost the new number for 911. Could you send it to me though the secret satellite uplink? Many thanks. You should be getting a visit from a black unmarked Hummer with my monthy dues tomorrow.

Soli Deo Gloria

Jon

Upvote 0

JJB

Dec 28, 2004
✟4,433.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
CCWoody said:
Gads. How are we going to swear you in and get you to that secret society meeting being held you know where? Just to let the cat out of the bag, this weekend's topic is:

"If Benny Hinn was a Calvinist, he'd have better hair."

I'll see if I can find out where your ring is hiding. In the meantime, you practice your secret handshake.

Thanks, CC. I'll await with bad -- er, I mean, baited breath until you find my ring! One of my fav colors is red!

This weekend's topic sounds cryptic. I look forward to the discussion.

Gotta go! I better make an appointment with my hair stylist and shine up my shades. :cool:

Upvote 0

5solas

Ephesians 2:8.9
Aug 10, 2004
✟16,808.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
PentecostalEvangelist said:
MY GOD, I SEE IT NOW, IF I AM TO BE AMONG THE ELECT, I MUST TOTALLY SURRENDER MY LIFE TO JOHN CALVIN!

IF I EVER HOPE TO SPEND ETERNITY IN HEAVEN, I MUST BECOME A CALVINIST! ^_^

brothers and sisters:
trolls.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PentecostalEvangelist

Aug 8, 2005
Arkansas
✟252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ALL I want to know is HOW you people who think Calvins theory of election is a sound Biblical doctrine, KNOW for certain that YOU alone, are the one, and ONLY exclusive, select FEW that GOD exclusively selected to be the exclusive select elect, BEFORE you ever became Christians.

You would have to know BEFORE you were ever saved, that you alone are the one and only exclusive, select elect.

And where does FAITH come in, if you are truly the one and only exclusive select elect, FAITH has absolutely nothing to do with yoiur salvation.

IF you are the exclusive select electl you don't have to have any FAITH to be saved, it's already a done deal, you don't have to do anything at all God already chose you, RIGHT?

All you have to do is sit there, and GOD picks you out, and BANG! You're saved!

WHERE in the BIBLE is your concrete, undeniable BIBLICAL evidence of this?

THAT question has NEVER been answered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CCWoody

Voted best Semper Reformada signature ~ 2007
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟8,255.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Come on now, be honest wormy, you really want me dead.

You really need to learn to lighten up and have some fun.

Anyway, we don't want you dead. Pentecostals only taste good when you eat them warm and wriggling.

gollum-intro.jpg

Upvote 0

oworm

Veteran
Nov 24, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
ALL I want to know is HOW you people who think Calvins theory of election is a sound Biblical doctrine, KNOW for certain that YOU alone, are the one, and ONLY exclusive, select FEW that GOD exclusively selected to be the exclusive select elect, BEFORE you ever became Christians.

We dont think that. All who come to Christ for salvation are saved and part of Gods elect whether they realise it or not! Anyone who is born again of God's Spirit is Gods child

You would have to know BEFORE you were ever saved, that you alone are the one and only exclusive, select elect.
Only God knows those who will come to Him for salvation.

And where does FAITH come in, if you are truly the one and only exclusive select elect, FAITH has absolutely nothing to do with yoiur salvation.

Faith is the channel whereby Gods Grace comes to us. God graciously opens our eyes to the reality of our sin and need of him and grants us faith to believe in Him

IF you are the exclusive select electl you don't have to have any FAITH to be saved, it's already a done deal, you don't have to do anything at all God already chose you, RIGHT?

Read my answer above and read also this text:

Ephesians 2:8-10 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do

All you have to do is sit there, and GOD picks you out, and BANG! You're saved!
God doesnt "Pick out" like picking black or red jelly babies out of a bag.
He doesnt sit in Heaven with his hand on his chin saying to himself "Now lets see hmmmmm i'll have that one and that one and yeugh im not having that dirty looking one there"

God elects according to his foreknowledge of all that will come to pass.

WHERE in the BIBLE is your concrete, undeniable BIBLICAL evidence of this,THAT question has NEVER been answered.
Read Romans Chapters 8-11 and ephesians 1-2

Reactions: JJB
Upvote 0