Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know. We can keep going on back and forth and if you still don't get it with the Scriptures at this point, I cannot help you. I can keep countering your verses and you will just post what you think those verses say. The real heart of the matter is proving that your belief is moral and good. So please explain to me how your belief is moral and good.
Jason there is quite a difference between topical eisegesis and actual exhibition.

The epistle to the Romans is an example of an Apostolic expository . When faced with an expository you verse mine to rebut. That’s not how we handle God’s truth.

Rightly dividing the Word of God does not mean taking a Ginsu knife to it.

I highly respect your commitment to preaching we must live holy lives. That is commanded, exhorted and expected.

What is missing from the majority of the postings is the Grace of God which is unmerited. Simply you miss the mark on the Gospel.

You have the last word sir this is your thread and I will not return to it.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a close brother who agrees that a Christian cannot live a lifestyle of sin with them being saved. My wife believes as I do. But hardcore Faith + Works besides my wife? This would be more online (via discussion by email, forum, etc.).

There are also Sola Scriptura churches who believe in Faith + Works = Salvation.
  1. Salvation Army. What We Believe - The Salvation Army USA

2. Christ’s Sanctified Holy Church: Christ's Sanctified Holy Church-Holiness unto the Lord

3. International Fellowship of Bible Churches International Fellowship of Bible Churches
There are Christians authors or teachers who believe in Faith + Works.

1. David Servant.
2. Lee Woofenden.
3. Matthew Bates.

The point here is that narrow is the way that leads into life and few be there that finds it. You actually do have to be good as a part of God’s kingdom. This should not surprise you. Jesus says we will know a tree by it's fruit.

Salvation Army statement of faith
  • We are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself
  • Continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ
Christ’s Sanctified Church statement of faith

Christ's Sanctified Holy Church is an association of churches established primarily on the principle that salvation is accomplished by two separate works of the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The first work of grace is forgiveness of the sins that we have committed, which requires full repentance toward God. The second work is the baptism of the Holy Ghost, or sanctification, which is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, eradicating the nature of sin.

I don’t see a statement of faith for the last church link you provided. The first two do not say anything about works playing a role in salvation. The Salvation Army says salvation is by faith and continued obedient faith. They understand it is the faith that produces works that a person receives grace. Christ’s Sanctified Church speaks of God’s works not ours. The work of grace resulting in forgiveness of sin is not something we do. The second work the baptism of the Holy Spirit eradicating the nature of sin again is not something we can do. It’s the work of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation Army statement of faith
  • We are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself
  • Continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ
Christ’s Sanctified Church statement of faith

Christ's Sanctified Holy Church is an association of churches established primarily on the principle that salvation is accomplished by two separate works of the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The first work of grace is forgiveness of the sins that we have committed, which requires full repentance toward God. The second work is the baptism of the Holy Ghost, or sanctification, which is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, eradicating the nature of sin.

I don’t see a statement of faith for the last church link you provided. The first two do not say anything about works playing a role in salvation. The Salvation Army says salvation is by faith and continued obedient faith. They understand it is the faith that produces works that a person receives grace. Christ’s Sanctified Church speaks of God’s works not ours. The work of grace resulting in forgiveness of sin is not something we do. The second work the baptism of the Holy Spirit eradicating the nature of sin again is not something we can do. It’s the work of the Holy Spirit.

All you had to do was go to "About" and then click on "Handbook of Faith and Practice."

Here is the direct link:

https://keelingdm.com/ifbc-2018/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IFBC_Handbook_2018.pdf

In their statement of faith, they say:

250 - Salvation and Security.

"We believe the Bible teaches we must be born again. The new birth brings forgiveness and regeneration to a new life with freedom from the practice of willful sin. It also brings adoption as a child of God and the life of holiness is begun. As we walk in the Spirit, we have security is Christ. This security of the believer is conditioned upon a maintained obedient faith. John 3:3-5; 5:25; Rom 5:1; 8:1; 8:15-17; 1 Cor 6:11; 2 Cor 5:17; Gal 4:7; Eph 2:1; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:23; 8 2 Peter 1:4; 1 John 3:9; 5:1; Ezek 18:24-26; 33:12-18; John 8:31; 15:6; 1 Cor 15:2; 1 Tim 4:1, 15-16; 2 Tim 2:12; Heb 6:4-6; 10:26-29; James 5:19-20; 2 Peter 1:10-11; 2:20-22; Rev 2:11; 3:5.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason there is quite a difference between topical eisegesis and actual exhibition.

The epistle to the Romans is an example of an Apostolic expository . When faced with an expository you verse mine to rebut. That’s not how we handle God’s truth.

Rightly dividing the Word of God does not mean taking a Ginsu knife to it.

I highly respect your commitment to preaching we must live holy lives. That is commanded, exhorted and expected.

What is missing from the majority of the postings is the Grace of God which is unmerited. Simply you miss the mark on the Gospel.

You have the last word sir this is your thread and I will not return to it.

But the gospel is not about turning God's grace into a license for immorality on any level. That is the problem with Eternal Security, OSAS, or POTS or Free Grace, or Belief Alone Salvationism. It minimizes sin or makes room for sin (When the Bible clearly teaches that we can overcome sin in this life). The Bible also talks about how a believer can be separated from God by committing just one grievous sin. If this was not the case, then we need never worry about our salvation by working out our salvation with fear and trembling. There is no need to fear or tremble and or to work out our salvation. If a belief alone in Jesus is all that is required, then many will be saved. But Jesus says narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW be there that finds it. Most believe in a sin and still be saved gospel these days. They may say they may preach holiness, but I really don't think they agree with the holiness as taught in the Bible.

Side Note:

Note to the reader: Please notice how our friend here who is defending Calvinism was not able to show how Calvinism was moral and good. This is where he gave up in the debate. Sure, he can throw around verses, but when it comes to explaining how his belief works morally and how it is good, he was unwilling to do so. This is because Calvinism cannot be shown to be moral and good. I have been debating against this belief for many years and not once did I ever get an explanation on this one. The same problem arises for those who believe in Eternal Security and yet they do not believe in Calvinism. They are not able to explain the moral and good nature of their belief, as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The human volition you speak of is fallen. In Romans 3 Paul says no one seeks God and none are righteous. He also says in Ephesians 2 we are children of wrath and dead in our sins.

This is the human volition you speak of. It is dead, not seeking and wrath is upon us.
You know I am not arguing against this right?

God did something about this.......Since man won't seek after God, God came seeking after man, Came as a Man, died as a Man, And was made a public spectacle for man.

Man doesn't have to seek for God, God came to man and has set His salvation before man.
John 12:32~~New American Standard Bible
"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

Deut 30:19~~New American Standard Bible
"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

How do we (all of us) in the fallen human will or volition have different responses to the Gospel? Are some free wills or volitions greater or better than others?
There are different responses to the Gospel......because we are truly FREE to make our own choices between what God has set before us.
Acts 16~~ 30and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
31They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

'believe'~~Active voice. the subject(the jailer) does his own believing.

And there is no merit in faith or believing. The merit is in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is where the armin goes off the rails and puts the merit in faith........this is why they are so ardent for loss of salvation. They place the merit where it doesn't belong.

Upvote 0