How do I "stimulate", my Evolution? I can be stimulated to embrace the theory, but what next?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread should have ended with this post.

But creationist zealots don't actually want answers. They do not want to learn - at all - about evolution. They are just witnessing, doing whatever they can to convince themselves that they made the right (uninformed) choices in their lives.
Sad.
We call that "sadness" our "Great Commission."

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think what I am looking for is the way "Evolution helps you do good, more easily".

Theory is fine, but there should be some effect on the proverbial "moral compass"?

Like when an anti-virus company advertises that "cybercrime has evolved", they are saying "join us, we will create an environment where your computing is safe" not "take from cybercrime, and evolve the way it does"?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think what I am looking for is the way "Evolution helps you do good, more easily".

Theory is fine, but there should be some effect on the proverbial "moral compass"?

Like when an anti-virus company advertises that "cybercrime has evolved", they are saying "join us, we will create an environment where your computing is safe" not "take from cybercrime, and evolve the way it does"?

Evolution says nothing about a moral compass or ethics because it is solely a biological mechanism for change in response to changing environments.

Stop trying to make evolution something it isn't.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And that is part of your problem.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Evolution says nothing about a moral compass or ethics because it is solely a biological mechanism for change in response to changing environments.

Stop trying to make evolution something it isn't.

Biology can be interpreted by Chemistry, but not Philosophy?

Selection pressures can be interpreted by Physics, not Morality?

Mutation can be interpreted by Surgery, but not Scripture?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

There are probably interesting philosophical implications from biology.

However, to have a philosophical interpretation you also need to have coherent ideas, as well as clearly and consistently defined terms. These have not been present in your musings.

I agree with Hans Blaster in that I don't see how either are particularly relevant to selection pressures.

Interpretation by scripture can be a coherent topic, but is rarely useful as a justification for the use of scripture.

I fail to see how the concept of "interpretation by surgery" makes any sense.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Only biology can be viewed by a philosophical lens, and that is it's own thing, but morality is not relative to selection pressures, nor is scripture relative to mutation nor can mutation be interpreted by surgery either.

You just don't know what you're talking about plain and simple.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"God made us and not ourselves to ourselves" says the bible, and God exists, Jesus of the written gospel does stuff today, everyone needs to repent, because we all sinned and are short of the glory of God, and evolutionist says evolution doesn't need any God to work, it can work without any help, more lies than that you can't get. But the devil has everyone blinded, this world and its people screams 'God' all over the place this is not crazy at all.`

The good book also says, God made the smart and wise of this world fools, that also the weak of God is stronger than anything of man, and that the gospel is crazyness for the ones who are going the wrong way. But for those who believe is power of God to save.

Also the world doens't know the Holy spirit, but God sends him to his childs, and you are missing all universe for rejecting the gospel, the HS is everything we deeply desire, is better than our most higher inner wishes and can do more stuff than we can imagine. Christian life is not a walk in the park, you need to be tough and fight, many are the afflictions of the just, but of all of them God is going to free them.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,757.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
"God made us and not ourselves to ourselves" says the bible, and God exists, Jesus of the written gospel does stuff today, everyone needs to repent, because we all sinned and are short of the glory of God, and evolutionist says evolution doesn't need any God to work, it can work without any help, more lies than that you can't get. But the devil has everyone blinded, this world and its people screams 'God' all over the place this is not crazy at all.`

The good book also says, God made the smart and wise of this world fools, that also the weak of God is stronger than anything of man, and that the gospel is crazyness for the ones who are going the wrong way. But for those who believe is power of God to save.

Also the world doens't know the Holy spirit, but God sends him to his childs, and you are missing all universe for rejecting the gospel, the HS is everything we deeply desire, is better than our most higher inner wishes and can do more stuff than we can imagine. Christian life is not a walk in the park, you need to be tough and fight, many are the afflictions of the just, but of all of them God is going to free them.

And that has nothing to do with the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
and evolutionist says evolution doesn't need any God to work
Many evolutionists, being Christians, say that evolution is the mechanism by which he chose to create the remarkable and rich diversity of life, including that of humans.

When you speak of lies, you implicitly brand Christian and non-Christian evolutionists as liars for their honest interpretation of the story embedded in the rocks and in the biochemistry of life. That is disappointing. Please reflect on that.

Upvote 0