How do I "stimulate", my Evolution? I can be stimulated to embrace the theory, but what next?

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
... until 03:41 in the video, where you say, "The fact is that I accepted evolution, even when I was a Christian."

And side note: What year did you make that hat? (I'm asking for a reason.)

You also said you examined evidence for the existence of gods.

What evidence did you examine exactly?
The hat was made several years ago. I think it was 2014 or 2015.

The evidence I examined was the bible, and the q'ran, and the baghavad gitta, and the mythologies of the celts, norse, hindus, inca, maya, japanese, and han.
As well as the teachings and history of the three desert religions, judaism, christianity, and islam.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Except that you're the only one saying that.

Others mostly don't seem to understand that what you said is incorrect. Either because it fit their own agenda, or out of ignorance.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,719.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Others mostly don't seem to understand that what you said is incorrect. Either because it fit their own agenda, or out of ignorance.

And unless you are a biological scientist or evolutionary scientist, or a mind reader, then I think that you're in no position to judge other peoples.

Isn't there a passage in the Bible that says "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And unless you are a biological scientist or evolutionary scientist, or a mind reader, then I think that you're in no position to judge other peoples.

Isn't there a passage in the Bible that says "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

Only a bachelor's degree but yes, I've taken genetics classes.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,077.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolution cannot be stimulated because it is not something that a being has control over. Evolution happens regardless of whether a person or being wants it to happen or not.
I think we can have some influence over evolution. As agents we can put ourselves and future generations in a better or worse evolutionary position. Especially humans through changing environments and cultural practices.

Humans are able to adapt to just about any environment. But rather than being a passive entity subject to genetic change to an environment they can change the environment to suit their needs.

Other species also have this ability in what is known as niche construction. Beavers for example make a suitable environment by building dams. This also affects the ecosystem and other creatures evolution. In this sense they are directing the course of evolution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because you can? or is something stopping you?
Logic is stopping me.
The bible is proof of people writing the bible.
Thats all.
Back to the fact that you edited out the more important parts of the post.
Why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Hindu cosmology is closer to reality than the judeo/christian/islamic cosmology.Why is that?
Because the Hindu cosmology is as wrong as academia's cosmology.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,719.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Only a bachelor's degree but yes, I've taken genetics classes.

But you're not a mind reader so no, you can't claim that other people know what I'm saying because 'it fits their agenda, or out of ignorance'.

I think we can have some influence over evolution. As agents we can put ourselves and future generations in a better or worse evolutionary position. Especially humans through changing environments and cultural practices.

Humans are able to adapt to just about any environment. But rather than being a passive entity subject to genetic change to an environment they can change the environment to suit their needs.

Other species also have this ability in what is known as niche construction. Beavers for example make a suitable environment by building dams. This also affects the ecosystem and other creatures evolution. In this sense they are directing the course of evolution.

That is nowhere on the same level as to what Gottservant is talking about in this thread. Like... at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You would know that though? right?

I wouldn't.

And I believe you when you, in your video, called it an "old hat."

See what I'm getting at?

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You would know that though? right?

I wouldn't.

And I believe you when you, in your video, called it an "old hat."

See what I'm getting at?
All I see is you are again tapdancing circles around a point only you can see.
I realize you like to rely on casting convoluted mazes of "clues" for people to follow. But honest people do not do that.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Saywhat1

Jan 4, 2022
south netherlands
✟10,249.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

So, yes, a basic basic concept for you: you have the theory, but how do you "stimulate" the Evolution that the theory makes you aware of?

Scripturally speaking, we study the scriptures.

Meditatively speaking, we practice meditation.

Instinct grows, if it is practiced - it stands to reason that "Evolution" would require a specific (unique?) exercise of instinct (for specifically "Evolutionary" instinct to "grow").

I'm not asking something hard: race car drivers, race; but they also visualize the race, to hone their skills (which is better survival as a race care driver, but not as a direct consequence of choosing to be a race car driver).

What about your proclivity to err against the individual? If one were to practice ignoring the Evolution of the individual, one would understand Evolution more?

Give it some thought?

EDIT: Upon further thought, it has occurred to me that a strength in stimulating "Evolution" makes possible finding "cross-Evolutionary" associations - with which you can establish trans-Evolutional power.
Maybe eat more bananas?

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Evolution cannot be stimulated because it is not something that a being has control over. Evolution happens regardless of whether a person or being wants it to happen or not.
This thread should have ended with this post.

But creationist zealots don't actually want answers. They do not want to learn - at all - about evolution. They are just witnessing, doing whatever they can to convince themselves that they made the right (uninformed) choices in their lives.
Sad.

Upvote 0