How do I "stimulate", my Evolution? I can be stimulated to embrace the theory, but what next?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fact that I never admitted any such thing...
... until 03:41 in the video, where you say, "The fact is that I accepted evolution, even when I was a Christian."

And side note: What year did you make that hat? (I'm asking for a reason.)

You also said you examined evidence for the existence of gods.

What evidence did you examine exactly?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
A theory about observation, can not be maintained properly, without a practice of ambivalence.

That was the answer I was looking for: "be ambivalent".

Fortunately you did not give me a wayward steer and I persisted (until I arrived at the conclusion, that ambivalence would strengthen my appreciation of Evolution).

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
A theory about observation, can not be maintained properly, without a practice of ambivalence.

Fortunately you did not give me a wayward steer and I persisted (until I arrived at the conclusion, that ambivalence would strengthen my appreciation of Evolution).

You really need to stop talking nonsense and pretending you know anything about evolution or even basic biological science. You don't know squat about either.

• Winner
Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You really need to stop talking nonsense and pretending you know anything about evolution or even basic biological science. You don't know squat about either.

You don't practice ambivalence, I take it?

I cannot therefore call you "evolved"?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You don't practice ambivalence, I take it?

I cannot therefore call you "evolved"?

Again, you're only talking nonsense. None of what you're saying makes sense with regards to evolution.

It doesn't matter if I'm ambivalent or I follow my own genetics closely. My genetics will change whether I do anything or not.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Again, you're only talking nonsense. None of what you're saying makes sense with regards to evolution.

It doesn't matter if I'm ambivalent or I follow my own genetics closely. My genetics will change whether I do anything or not.

actually they won't.
Not within you as an individual.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

That doesn't make sense on its own and doesn't have any context that links it to scientific theories.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well... yes and no.

Unless you're talking cancer... somatic cell mutations don't really.. cause you to develop new traits or anything like that. You don't evolve as an individual, that's a misuse of the term and is the core misunderstanding of the OP.
... and he just doesn't seem to get it even when people point it out.

saying what you said.. just confuses the matter and reinforces his misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Unless you're talking cancer... somatic cell mutations don't really.. cause you to develop new traits or anything like that. You don't evolve as an individual, that's a misuse of the term and is the core misunderstanding of the OP.
... and he just doesn't seem to get it even when people point it out.

saying what you said.. just confuses the matter and reinforces his misunderstanding.

Evolution of a group requires genetic changes in the individual. The group cannot evolve without the individuals evolving too.

And no, even if I did confuse him, it doesn't matter because Gottservant doesn't care if he's wrong or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Evolution of a group requires genetic changes in the individual. The group cannot evolve without the individuals evolving too.

And no, even if I did confuse him, it doesn't matter because Gottservant doesn't care if he's wrong or not.

Individuals do not evolve.
not at all.
what happens is mutations need to happen in germ line cells/gametes and then the offspring are born with that mutation.
But you will never over the course of your life undergo "evolution"

• Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Individuals do not evolve.
not at all.
what happens is mutations need to happen in germ line cells/gametes and then the offspring are born with that mutation.
But you will never over the course of your life undergo "evolution"

Again though: a population cannot evolve with the individuals genetics evolving too. The one needs to follow the other.

I know that I will not evolve in an X-Men style thing where I suddenly wake up one day and have wings, or that I'll have a son and he'll have wings. That's not how evolution works. But it is a fact that individuals need to have genetic mutations that have evolved to pass on to their offspring to affect evolution of the population.

But again, it doesn't matter in the end because Gottservant doesn't know nor does he care that he doesn't know.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Again though: a population cannot evolve with the individuals genetics evolving too. The one needs to follow the other.

I know that I will not evolve in an X-Men style thing where I suddenly wake up one day and have wings, or that I'll have a son and he'll have wings. That's not how evolution works. But it is a fact that individuals need to have genetic mutations that have evolved to pass on to their offspring to affect evolution of the population.

But again, it doesn't matter in the end because Gottservant doesn't know nor does he care that he doesn't know.
Your phrasing makes it sound like it happens over the course of an individuals life, rather than mostly before they are born.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Your phrasing makes it sound like it happens over the course of an individuals life, rather than mostly before they are born.

Then that is my fault. I have never really been the most erudite person I will admit.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Then that is my fault. I have never really been the most erudite person I will admit.
No problem. I'm pretty sure everyone who is capable of getting your point, got it, just that it's ambiguous about timing and context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

any genetic mutation that would "evolve" a person happens within the first few cells of their development, either in the development of that individual egg or sperm cell, or in gametofusion, or during very early stages of development. After you have so many cell divisions and start with cell specialization, any somatic cell mutations that happen wouldn't be hereditary to another generation.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
any genetic mutation that would "evolve" a person happens within the first few cells of their development, either in the development of that individual egg or sperm cell, or in gametofusion, or during very early stages of development. After you have so many cell divisions and start with cell specialization, any somatic cell mutations that happen wouldn't be hereditary to another generation.

Can I point out that you're the only one taking any sort of actual issue with what I said by going far too into details when Shemjaza already pointed out what I meant.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Can I point out that you're the only one taking any sort of actual issue with what I said by going far too into details when Shemjaza already pointed out what I meant.

Because what you said reinforces OP's wrong ideas.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
... until 03:41 in the video, where you say, "The fact is that I accepted evolution, even when I was a Christian."
And even then. I still do not "admit" anything. I REPEAT FOR THE RECORD, a fact that I have never denied or attempted to conceal.
I have never suggested or implied that I had not accepted evolution when I was a christian.
So there was nothing to admit.

Upvote 0