ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well they definitely preached fellowship with God and Jesus Christ. How does one fellowship without having spiritual experiences with God? Communicating with God is the only way. We need to learn how to hear Gods voice in our mind and heart and soul. And this in turn leads to us experiencing him on a daily basis. God is not this tyrant but our friend and father and we need to reach out to him like he reaches out to us.

Once you get to the point where you can talk to God like you would a friend then these experiences transcend faith to where you KNOW he is exists and faith is no longer needed.
I think just the words 'learn how to hear God's voice' is confusing for non-Christians and Christians alike.

When we use these types of words, many think that we have audible conversations with God and/or that we receive instantaneous answers from God. Neither which are probable. God works in His own time and part of faith is waiting upon the Lord's timing. God answers prayer, but not usually tomorrow or many times not even next week, I've waited years for an answer to some prayers.

Not knocking you, just trying to say that when we are in the forums where there are non-believers or believers struggling, it doesn't help to use words that don't adequately show most of our relationship with God.

I usually use "Walk WITH God each day, not FOR God each day".

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Surely hearing gods word is a christian experience? no? An experience doesn't have to be something big and memorable. Just reading the bible is a christian experience. I also think that verse is just saying faith BEGINS by hearing the word of God. But there are many degrees of faith and Gods word is a major part in beginning our journey of faith. To maintain it and increase it to knowing God exists rather than having faith he does, requires work on our part. You aren't going to know God by avoiding him and focusing on financial pursuits or other worldly pursuits. So I think as christians we should take an active part in increasing our faith and that can only be done by getting to know God on a personal level. There are many people who understand doctrine better than 99% of christians yet they never spent the time to know God and their faith went away. We see this in the many atheist theology professors. They know all the doctrine but never knew God for if they knew him they would have never left him.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
(Mat 16:17)

While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing him.
(Luk 24:15-16)

And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And he vanished from their sight. They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?"
(Luk 24:31-32)

God continues to increase our faith. As we hear His Word, He in His mercy opens our eyes of understanding.
Through trials, what we learn is cemented to our faith.

Upvote 0