Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Most Christian will say that you ask God to forgive your sins you repent of, and ask Jesus into your heart. That simple.

Or not. From what I've read here or have listened to what a street preacher says, even as a Christian, there seems to be a lot of fine print:
You repent of your sins. If you still sin, you are not saved, you haven't really repented. Hell. Next?
You ask forgiveness of sins you have done that week at church, or daily, but you didn't willingly sin. So, maybe you sinned against you will, or did it unknowingly. Maybe the devil made you do it. And that lie you told? Well, you are forgiven, so you're good, right?
You keep the commandments, no matter how arbitrary, like men and women not wearing the same garments (like pants.) Hell. Yes, visited a church where this was stressed that the had to correct The Last Supper, so that now, even Jesus look like he went to Great Clips.
Oops! You weren't baptized baby? Sorry. Hell. Sucks to be you. Next?
You are born again. If not..hell...next?
You prove your salvation in your works, or even a co-salvation. If not, goat. Hell.
You are saved through grace.
You are saved through faith, something you do.
A list of sins that disqualify you. Yeah, gossip and slander are in it, but the focus is on one.
You've blasphemed the HS. Sure, you might not even understand what that means, but, alas. Hell. Thanks for playing.

If you haven't met these qualification, to Hell you go.

God loves you, but will send you to Hell if you don't love him in return with the same "good riddance" attitude of the person making the claim. An eternal torture for not believing in his existence and obeying for a life of at max 100 years, or as short as a day.

Oh, and btw, you might lose your salvation. So nobody's safe. As one person stated, "God drowned the whole world except one family, so..you better watch out.

i appreciate a good discussion or debate, but when I really read through this, it is not "simple," so that you enter into Heaven becoming as a child. It sounds so complicated, with so many exceptions, how can Christians preach to others how one is saved and enter into a relationship with God, if no one even agrees on how that happens, so much so, to the point of damning the other to hell?
Salvation depends on one's relationship with God. Jesus is the way to God. He is the Mediator of the covenant of which God says "they shall be My people and I shall be their God."
Jesus said, "this is eternal life, that they know You the only true God."
Jesus came to show us the way to the Father. He is that way.
Ephesians 1:5
"He predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will."

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2 tells us how are salvation was accomplished from Gods perspective :

And you were in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you course of indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But there are street preachers out there that preach that you first repent of your sin. If we could stop sinning alone, why would you need God?
"Street corner preacher carrying out their plans,, with venom in their mouths and a Bible in their hands, yelling about about heaven and hell with no love in their eyes..."
(Christ Taylor)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Street corner preacher carrying out their plans,, with venom in their mouths and a Bible in their hands, yelling about about heaven and hell with no love in their eyes..."
(Christ Taylor)
When I was a Freshman in college I stopped along a foot path between lecture halls to listen to a street preacher preaching against homosexuality. There was a loud thunderstorm in the distance, but he was louder and the thunder did not stop him. He kept repeating God is against homosexuality. I got the part about no homosexuality, but not other messages I needed. Years later I got more good recommendations through readings and research.

God is true. One seeking salvation should not lie or trust in false information.

Upvote 0

Qwertyui0p

Dec 20, 2019
New South Wales
✟33,804.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most Christian will say that you ask God to forgive your sins you repent of, and ask Jesus into your heart. That simple.

Or not. From what I've read here or have listened to what a street preacher says, even as a Christian, there seems to be a lot of fine print:
You repent of your sins. If you still sin, you are not saved, you haven't really repented. Hell. Next?
You ask forgiveness of sins you have done that week at church, or daily, but you didn't willingly sin. So, maybe you sinned against you will, or did it unknowingly. Maybe the devil made you do it. And that lie you told? Well, you are forgiven, so you're good, right?
You keep the commandments, no matter how arbitrary, like men and women not wearing the same garments (like pants.) Hell. Yes, visited a church where this was stressed that the had to correct The Last Supper, so that now, even Jesus look like he went to Great Clips.
You prove your salvation in your works, or even a co-salvation. If not, goat. Hell.
A list of sins that disqualify you. Yeah, gossip and slander are in it, but the focus is on one.
You've blasphemed the HS. Sure, you might not even understand what that means, but, alas. Hell. Thanks for playing.

God loves you, but will send you to Hell if you don't love him in return with the same "good riddance" attitude of the person making the claim. An eternal torture for not believing in his existence and obeying for a life of at max 100 years, or as short as a day.

Oh, and btw, you might lose your salvation. So nobody's safe. As one person stated, "God drowned the whole world except one family, so..you better watch out.

i appreciate a good discussion or debate, but when I really read through this, it is not "simple," so that you enter into Heaven becoming as a child. It sounds so complicated, with so many exceptions, how can Christians preach to others how one is saved and enter into a relationship with God, if no one even agrees on how that happens, so much so, to the point of damning the other to hell?
Not everything you hear or read is correct, even if you heard it from a Christian. Reading the Bible, especially the New Testament might help clarify things more.
It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that You can lose salvation. If you could lose your salvation - Adam4d.com
'Faith, which is something you do' Faith is a noun, not a verb.
Hell is not a torture chamber. it is isolation from God. It is eternal because human beings have intrinsic value. If God were to destroy people it would be dehumanizing them because it would be using the person as a means to an end.

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟20,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I see your problem. You're listening to these forums and to pastors. Organized religion was Jesus's worst enemy. Pretty much every point you made is not actually a Biblical thing, but something that a lot of people who like to feel like they're special made up so that they could feel morally superior.

Salvation is loving God and Jesus, admitting you are messed up and need help, and asking Jesus to be that help. Simple as that. Paul actually talks about how we are free because Christ died for us, and warns us not to misuse this freedom to just sin as we please. Meaning that we could do a whole lotta sinning and still be saved. Why do the unrepentant go to Hell? Because they don't love God. (I actually have a whole belief that could go on for ages as to why a loving God would create Hell, but that's for another day.) It's not the sin that makes people evil, it's the mentality behind it; it's saying "*bleep* you, God, I don't care if what I do makes you grieve, I'm gonna do what I want!"

Love is unconditional. God died for Hitler and ISIS and all the worst people you can think of. But He can't help us if we don't let Him.

The tale of the prodigal son is an excellent picture of how God is. Also... please ignore the people saying all those things you mentioned on these forums. I'm pretty sure you know more about God than they do.

Reactions: Eha
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The prison guard is the only person in the Bible to ask “how must I be saved?” And Paul answered him with every detail that he could ever need: Acts 16:29-31
“And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Thats it!

‭‭

Upvote 0

setst777

Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟349,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That makes the most logical sense. With Christ in your heart, your life changes.

But there are street preachers out there that preach that you first repent of your sin. If we could stop sinning alone, why would you need God?

setst RE: The Gospel is clear that you must repent and believe in Jesus to be saved. To be saved is regeneration of the Spirit.

Repentance does not give you the ability to change on your own; but rather, the humble and poor in spirit person, after hearing the Gospel of God's salvation and love, approaches God in repentance (sorrow over sin and the desire to be free from slavery to sin). SEE Romans 6

No salvation to any supposed Christian who faith does not allow them to listen to and follow Jesus as Lord.

John 10:27-28

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 12:25-26
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him My Father will honor.

Faith is clearly defined in the Bible and includes repentance. Faith in Christ is your submission to Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life - to deny self and to listen to and follow Him. These are the ones God grants eternal life. These are the ones who receive the Spirit of Christ to regenerate them.

The rebirth is the receiving of eternal life from God.

Up to you to drink

John 4:13-14 (WEB) Bolding mine… 13 Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst again; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.

Only by the Spirit of God living in you are you regenerated - not before.

Romans 8:9-10
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you.
But if any man doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.
10 If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Later on in John 3 Lord Jesus clearly explains when and why one receives eternal life by the indwelling Spirit. We see in John 3:15-18 Jesus clearly explains that we receive this eternal life from God through faith in Christ Jesus.

And John 3:15-18 is in agreement with all of Scripture as to when a person receives the Holy Spirit and the rebirth that takes place... Always by faith.

For instance:

We only receive the Spirit by an obedient faith:

Acts 5 (WEB) 32 We are His witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

Galatians 3:2 (NIV) Bolding mine… 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?

Galatians 3:5 (NIV) Bolding mine… 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 3:13-14 (WEB) Bolding mine… 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. For it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,” 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Christ Jesus; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (WEB) 13 in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation—in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of his glory.

Acts 2 (WEB) 38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Regeneration only by the Indwelling Spirit

John 7:37-39 (WEB) Bolding mine…
37 “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink!
38 He who believes in me,
as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.

John 14:23 (NIV)
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Notice that a person can believe in Jesus before receiving the Holy Spirit - and we are required to believe, to drink, to come, in order to receive the Spirit.

The Spirit of Christ living IN us regenerates us unto eternal life after we believe according to the above Scriptures.

The Spirit of Christ must indwell you to be regenerated

Romans 8:9-10
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.
10 If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

Only by faith are we born of God:

John 1:12-13 (NIV) Bolding mine… 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Galatians 3:26 (WEB) 26 For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.

Regeneration (New Creation) only by faith

2 Corinthians 5:17 (WEB) Bolding mine… 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new.

The “New Creation” only comes by being ‘IN Christ.’
We are IN Christ when His Spirit indwells us (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Christ’s Spirit only indwells us by faith as we saw by Scripture.

The “New Creation” only comes by being ‘IN Christ.’ We are IN Christ when His Spirit indwells us (Ephesians 1:13-14). Christ’s Spirit only indwells us by faith as we saw by Scripture.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (WEB) 13 in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation—in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of his glory.

Regarding God's promise and choosing the Humble to be saved...

God does not regenerate anyone to be humble; rather, God saves those who humble themselves and believe in Jesus at the hearing of the Gospel.

The humble only receive the Spirit to indwell them after they believe in Jesus as the hearing of the Gospel and the conviction and drawing of the Holy Spirit.

Most people will resist the Gospel and the drawing of the Spirit. But those who believe are the ones actually drawn to Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most Christian will say that you ask God to forgive your sins you repent of, and ask Jesus into your heart. That simple....

I recommend to remain in what the Bible teaches. I think it is quite easy, eternal life is promised for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

And if you are righteous, it means this:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

But the righteous will live by faith. If he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.
Hebrews 10:38

And if you are not yet righteous, you can believe your sins are forgiven and be born anew (become righteous = child of God) by words that Jesus declared.

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

Reactions: setst777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

setst777

Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟349,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recommend to remain in what the Bible teaches. I think it is quite easy, eternal life is promised for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

And if you are righteous, it means this:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

But the righteous will live by faith. If he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.
Hebrews 10:38

And if you are not yet righteous, you can believe your sins are forgiven and be born anew (become righteous = child of God) by words that Jesus declared.

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

setst RE: Refreshing post, and I agree. If a true Christian should sin in weakness and repents, then God forgives, but no true Christian lives in any sin.

Revelation 3:2-5 … 2 Wake up, and keep the things that remain, which are about to die, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If therefore you do not wake up, I will come as a thief, and you won't know what hour I will come to you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

A true Christian realizes he is responsible to walk by the Spirit he received by faith - to live righteous or sanctified lives onto God. . .

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB)
24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let’s also walk by the Spirit.

Up to you to sow to the Spirit you received by faith to reap life

Galatians 6:7-9 (NIV)
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction;
whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let US not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time WE will reap a harvest IF WE do not give up.

Up to you to walk in the Spirit you received by faith

Galatians 5:16 (WEB)
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you won’t fulfill the lust of the flesh.

You must live according to the Spirit you received by faith

Romans 8:3-4 (NIV)
3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

James 1:12-15
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God can’t be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then the lust, when it has conceived, bears sin; and the sin, when it is full grown, produces death. 16 Don’t be deceived, my beloved brothers.

To believe in Jesus is to love Jesus is to know Jesus. Our love for Lord Jesus must necessarily lead us to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him to be saved. In fact, the Father and Son will not make their home with a person if their faith does not lead them to obedience.

John 14:23 (NIV)
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

No salvation to any supposed Christian who does not listen to and follow Jesus as Lord.

John 10
:27-28
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 12:25-26
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him My Father will honor.

You cannot have two masters, you cannot be a fence sitter. You must be either cold or hot - both are of great value. The lukewarm are good for nothing and are spit out, although God does give time for us to repent. Even so, we must be diligent so that the deceitfulness of sinful acts and thoughts do not harden our hearts.

Faith in Christ is a commitment to deny the old master and then to live in obedience to our new Master – the Lord Jesus. See Romans 6

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yours post remind me, what Father told me just few years ago, and He was angry:
What do you think I AM? An evil God, Who just sit here and waits, until you make mistake, to punish you?!

I was pretty messed up in that question too.
I lived under fear almost 29 years, that no matter, what i do, i go to hell.

But He told me just few days ago (because i FINALLY ASKED) , that study Bible WITH Him, living, following Jesus teachings, learning new spiritual truths from Holy Spirit, let myself be lead from Holy Spirit (go there, do this, say that) and mostly, because my own words/deeds usually are big fail, so i choose to be lazy and do, what Holy Spirit say - so to see miracles and wonders very often: people change with a second, earth shaking, weather changing, healing and lot of tears of relief and smile.. Just love it and without Holy Spirit leading, i just .. f a i l ...

All that is, Father wants - it is He's will.

And my kids friends think - i am cool. I dont swear or talk rubbish, but especially with youth i keep my ears open - what to say, or when or maybe just shut up. And honesty - yes i believe in God - yet no nagging - because it is not my work - and so on and so on, let just Holy Spirit walk before me, let Him to show the way - it is easy, awesome and so many time left to do, what i like... yeah that too :)
There are hard times, funny times, easy times, but never get boring :)

Thats why my main theme is how to listen Holy Spirit - He will lead you, He will heal you, He will teach you and THIS - leading of Holy Spirit - is doing Father's will, because Holy Spirit KNOWS IT, BUT I DONT...

AND DOING FATHERS WILL...

True and False Disciples
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’​

so - what ever we do - in the name of Jesus!!! - doesn't matter...

if!

It is NOT will of Father - at that time, with that person, with those words...

right?

because people, who DO believe in Jesus, can use He's name to do miracles and those happening. Those must be christians? so - no our deeds , even IN THE NAME OF JESUS, no our words - NOTHING, but "who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

just one thing more - Father KNOWS our weaknesses, and He help even here!
If you don't hear Him well yet - DO AS YOURS HEART TELL YOU - WHY?
because Proverbs 2 AND

Jeremiah 31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.

I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,

declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

We give us under slavery of love - YET WE ARE NOT SLAVES
we give away our free will, when follow leading of Holy Spirit, yet we are FREE to do that. Because of trust - He KNOWS BETTER :) And doesn't just love us - GOD IS LOVE.

Upvote 0

Michael Garrett Andrews

Oct 6, 2019
perry
✟37,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have decided to open your heart and invite Christ in, it was only through the power of the Holy Spirit.

But if you close your heart to God, it is your fault.

I believe the idea is that if you are saved it is only bc God saved you. If not, it's on you.

Which basically means, if the HS doesn't open your heart, you can't close a shut door, and implies that the HS decides whose door is opened, and whose is not. I wasn't aware this was part of Lutheranism
You have to follow your conscience, and the Holy Spirit will confirm feelings of certainty..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was thinking we are all born with the HS (Spirit = Ruwach (Hebrew) in Genesis 1:2 and Pneuma (Greek) in Matthew 3:16) inside of us as our natural breath! So that door is Wide Open when we take our first breath, then we choose to accept or deny, Basically you follow the Yellow Brick Road and when you get to see the Wizard, you just click your heels together 3 times and say " There's No Place Like Home". The power was inside you the Whole Time Dorothy !!
when we sin, we die, our spirit die.
How can Holy Spirit then be in us?
Our God is not God of dead, but alive people.
And, why , accepting Jesus, we get new spirit?
Why Jesus say - Holy Spirit is next to you, but WANTS to be IN you?

Upvote 0

setst777

Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟349,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yours post remind me, what Father told me just few years ago, and He was angry:
What do you think I AM? An evil God, Who just sit here and waits, until you make mistake, to punish you?!

I was pretty messed up in that question too.
I lived under fear almost 29 years, that no matter, what i do, i go to hell.

But He told me just few days ago (because i FINALLY ASKED) , that study Bible WITH Him, living, following Jesus teachings, learning new spiritual truths from Holy Spirit, let myself be lead from Holy Spirit (go there, do this, say that) and mostly, because my own words/deeds usually are big fail, so i choose to be lazy and do, what Holy Spirit say - so to see miracles and wonders very often: people change with a second, earth shaking, weather changing, healing and lot of tears of relief and smile.. Just love it and without Holy Spirit leading, i just .. f a i l ...

All that is, Father wants - it is He's will.

And my kids friends think - i am cool. I dont swear or talk rubbish, but especially with youth i keep my ears open - what to say, or when or maybe just shut up. And honesty - yes i believe in God - yet no nagging - because it is not my work - and so on and so on, let just Holy Spirit walk before me, let Him to show the way - it is easy, awesome and so many time left to do, what i like... yeah that too :)
There are hard times, funny times, easy times, but never get boring :)

Thats why my main theme is how to listen Holy Spirit - He will lead you, He will heal you, He will teach you and THIS - leading of Holy Spirit - is doing Father's will, because Holy Spirit KNOWS IT, BUT I DONT...

AND DOING FATHERS WILL...

True and False Disciples
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’​

so - what ever we do - in the name of Jesus!!! - doesn't matter...

if!

It is NOT will of Father - at that time, with that person, with those words...

right?

because people, who DO believe in Jesus, can use He's name to do miracles and those happening. Those must be christians? so - no our deeds , even IN THE NAME OF JESUS, no our words - NOTHING, but "who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

just one thing more - Father KNOWS our weaknesses, and He help even here!
If you don't hear Him well yet - DO AS YOURS HEART TELL YOU - WHY?
because Proverbs 2 AND

Jeremiah 31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
declares the Lord.
I will put my law in their minds

I will be their God,
from the least of them to the greatest,

declares the Lord.

We give us under slavery of love - YET WE ARE NOT SLAVES
we give away our free will, when follow leading of Holy Spirit, yet we are FREE to do that. Because of trust - He KNOWS BETTER :) And doesn't just love us - GOD IS LOVE.

Hi Eha,

I think you were responding to in the original post on this topic, but I wanted to respond to a Scripture you quoted that is commonly taken out of context.

Jeremiah 31-34
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
I will be their God,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.

The above quote can be easily misunderstood if not taken into the context of other Passages about this New Covenant – how and when God will give a New Heart and New Spirit. The how and when is not mentioned in the Scripture you quoted. Therefore, we must learn the truth of the matter from the context of other Scriptures on this very topic.

For instance, God only gives a new heart and new spirit after you first repent and believe, that is, if you can accept the how and when that God himself defines:

A new heart and a new spirit” is defined by many in the Church as regeneration – a new creation that is accessed only by a repentant faith in the New Covenant.

Regarding that prophecy of the New Covenant, God explains the how and when the new heart and new spirit are received in the following. . .

Ezekiel 18 (NIV) Bolding mine… 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Therefore, only one way exists to get a new heart and new spirit – only by first repenting in faith toward God. God asks the people of Israel why they should die when they could be saved - only be repentance.

Potter and the Clay also illustrates this truth....

In Jeremiah 18:2-11 (the Passage Paul used in Romans 9), God (the Potter) purposes to form into a vessel of honor only those who repent. We must repent first. . . .

Jeremiah 18:2-11 (WEB) Bolding mine… 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. . . 11 Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Yahweh says: Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return you now everyone from his evil way, and amend your ways and your doings.

How a person or nation reacts in God's (Potter's) hands, will determine how God chooses to form the clay. The fact that the clay is marred in God's hands is not God's doing. Rather, the clay itself was marred, so God purposed to form it for destruction, unless they (the clay) heed God’s call to repent of all their evil and faithlessness.

God then summarizes in verse 11 - God is telling them the responsibility is on each one of them to repent and God would reconsider the punishment He had intended against them.

See also Ezekiel 33 on this very same point. . .

Ezekiel 33:11-12 (NIV) 11 Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?
12 “Therefore, son of man, say to your people, ‘If someone who is righteous disobeys, that person’s former righteousness will count for nothing. And if someone who is wicked repents, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation. The righteous person who sins will not be allowed to live even though they were formerly righteous.’

Jeremiah 18 is the bases for Paul’s reasoning of Romans 9, which confirms this very thing regarding God’s Sovereignty. This reality clearly shows the indescribable depth of God’s Sovereignty, Wisdom and Foresight, which is unlike any human sovereignty in that a Sovereign God is able to work out His perfect will and plans while at the same time allowing mankind free will choices.

Same in the following verses:

2 Timothy 2:19-21 (WEB) Bolding mine… 19 However God’s firm foundation stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.
20 Now in a large house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of clay. Some are for honor, and some for dishonor. 21 If anyone therefore cleanses himself from latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, and suitable for the master’s use, prepared for every good work.

God forms a vessel into something honorable and sanctified but only if they cleanse themselves from their latter deeds (repentance).

So, God, as the Potter, will have mercy on whom He will have mercy and will save whom he wills to save. And, regarding regeneration/salvation, the Scriptures declare throughout the OT and NT that
  • God chooses to have mercy on, and save, those who repent
  • God chooses to harden those who obstinately keep refusing His grace.
If God, in judgment, has to miraculously harden someone's heart so a person can no longer respond to His grace, then that means that, IF God had not miraculously intervened and hardened a person's heart in judgment, then that person could have believed. This truth refutes the idea that a person can only repent and believe if God miraculously causes it to be so, for if God had to miraculously hardens the hearts of those who kept obstinately refusing His grace, the people already have the free will choice to believe in the Gospel and the convicting work of the Spirit, and then by so doing, repent - unless God miraculously hardens their hearts in judgment.

That is why Paul, at the end of Romans 9, sums up why God had punished Israel – because they pursued righteousness not by faith but by works. This is actually how Scripture itself teaches us regarding God’s Sovereignty from Genesis to Revelation. That is the Scriptural context for Jeremiah 31

In the actual New Covenant that we are now in, salvation and the Spirit of God are only received by repentance and faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

2 Timothy 2:19-21 (WEB)
19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription:

• The Lord knows those who are his,” and,
  • Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord turns away from wickedness.
As a New Creature in Christ by faith, YOU are responsible to:

• to put to death the misdeeds of the body to live: Romans 8:12-13
• offer ourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness: Romans 6:18-19
• to live by and walk by the Spirit we receive so we won't fulfill the lusts of the flesh: Galatians 5:16
• to sow to the Spirit to reap eternal life: Galatians 6:8-9
• to live by the Spirit to fulfill the requirements of the whole law: Romans 8:3-4
• to take off the old self and to put on new self: Ephesians 4:24-25; Colossians 3:9-10
• to abstain from reaping to the flesh so we may enter the Kingdom of God: 1 Corinthians 6:7-10; Ephesians 5:1-6
• to live as slaves to God by which we reap holiness leading to eternal life: Romans 6:22 . .

Therefore, God sanctifies us through His Spirit that indwells the believer, but only as the believer is diligent to walk and live by the Spirit God gave the believer.

God Gracious Gift of Salvation – the regenerative work of God –

*is received by Faith (Romans 5:1-3)
*is kept by the power of God through faith (1 Peter 1:4-5)
*The end result of your faith is your salvation (1 Peter 1:9)

By faith I am justified: Romans 5:1
By faith God credits righteousness to me: Romans 4:3-11; Romans 4:2-24
By faith, not works, do I receive the free gift of salvation: Romans 9:30-33
By faith I access God's saving grace: Romans 5:1-2
By faith I receive the power of God onto salvation: Romans 1:16-17

By faith I receive His Spirit: Acts 2:38; Acts 5:32; Galatians 3:2; Ephesians 1:13-14; John 7:37-39; John 14:15-17; John 14:23
By faith I am regenerated by the Holy Spirit: John 7:37-39
By faith I am born of God: John 1:12-13; Galatians 3:26
By faith to the end I receive the Crown of Life: Revelation 2:10
By Faith in Jesus I am sanctified: Acts 26:16-18
By faith I am kept by God's Power until the end 1 Peter 1:4-5
The end result of my faith is my salvation 1 Peter 1:9

"From faith to faith, the righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:16-17

You must believe first to receive the Holy Spirit and His regenerating power...

John 7:37-39 (WEB) Bolding mine
38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.”
39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

setst777

Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟349,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Eha,

You did not identify which post you are responding to.

I just want to say that you don't have to apologize for making a distinction between the Old and New Covenants. Never feel you have to be ashamed or be sorry for listening to and following Jesus as your Lord and Savior by faith. Instead, boldly stand up for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Blessings

Upvote 0

setst777

Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟349,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was thinking we are all born with the HS (Spirit = Ruwach (Hebrew) in Genesis 1:2 and Pneuma (Greek) in Matthew 3:16) inside of us as our natural breath! So that door is Wide Open when we take our first breath, then we choose to accept or deny, Basically you follow the Yellow Brick Road and when you get to see the Wizard, you just click your heels together 3 times and say " There's No Place Like Home". The power was inside you the Whole Time Dorothy !!

We receive our personal spirit at birth - we become a living soul.

We receive the Holy Spirit of God - God dwelling in us - by faith in Jesus because of the Gospel - and started to be poured out upon believers on the Day of Pentecost.

John 7:37-39 (WEB) Bolding mine
38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.”
39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus wasn’t yet glorified.

Upvote 0

hope faith love

****LOVE****
Dec 29, 2019
SYLACAUGA
✟15,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
1 John 1:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

New King James Version
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Ephesians 2:8

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

As in many other areas the simple answers are wrong. What are the simple answers:
  • Just believe in God. It doesn't matter what you do.
  • If there's any sin you haven't repented of, you're doomed. And repent means stop.
Jesus rejects both of these. His teaching about judgement show people being judged by their actions, though that's not the only cause. (Rejecting him is also there.)

But he says that we should forgive someone even if they do the same thing 7 times a day, and that we should forgive because God does. (I mention the second thing because otherwise it looks like we have to forgive, but God doesn't.)

As far as I can tell, we're expected to love God and neighbor, and show that in our actions, but Jesus is aware that we will no doubt continue to sin, maybe even seven times a day.

Upvote 0