How did the universe come into existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, since most have never heard of it. I believe someone should tell them since it's God's Truth which agrees in every way with every discovery of science and history...AND it's what is actually written in Genesis. God Bless you
Since you are a Baptist, doesn't that indicate that you should be the one to write the book and make them aware?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
3) An unintelligent entity that had the power to create.
4) The universe never came into existence.

eudaimonia,

Mark
I also believe in life before death.

But as important, I believe in life after death. If you had a true vision of life after death and the eudaimonious state that you would find yourself, you would look forward to this life with all your heart, might, mind and strength. As a resurrected being, you will inherit attributes that are far beyond what your mind could conjure up.

God is good and we are his prized creation and He has a life prepared for you that is stunning in its breadth and longevity. He wants you to be happy and content, creative and prosperous for eternity.

He does not want you in a dark, damp hole in the ground in a lifeless blob. So even if you do not believe in God, you must at least have some kind of hope that I am right. Otherwise, how really wonderful is your life before death, knowing that darkness and lifelessness is just around the corner.

What a contrast, darkness and lifelessness or life exceeding all thoughts of happiness, contentment, creativity and prosperity for eternity. Think about it.

Upvote 0

Ed1wolf

Dec 26, 2002
South Carolina
✟132,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the exact opposite is true.

Any organism or part thereof is in constate state of "transitioning". And that "transitioning" follows whatever changes are happening around it, in the habitat, in the environment.

So at any given point, we expect to see organisms that are well adapted to the environment they find themselves in.

It sounds like you need to brush up on biology a bit.
No, that is why you never see any true transitional forms in the fossil record. Everything in the fossil record has fully functioning organs and morphological structures. There is no organism without the right eye for its environment and ecosystem and the right other structures for its environment. No halfway structures.

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Since you are a Baptist, doesn't that indicate that you should be the one to write the book and make them aware?

The problem is that evolutionists don't want me to show them what Genesis says because it destroys their false theory of evolution. Likewise, Christians don't want me to show them what Genesis says because it destroys the traditional religious beliefs of ancient men whose theology persists today, even though it does NOT agree with what is actually written.

What I've learned is that Baptists believe what Baptists teach and so they gather to themselves teachers who teach Baptist beliefs. Evolutionists likewise, refuse to believe Genesis even when it agrees with their view because they dismiss anything which agrees with Scripture.

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the exact opposite is true.

Any organism or part thereof is in constate state of "transitioning". And that "transitioning" follows whatever changes are happening around it, in the habitat, in the environment.

So at any given point, we expect to see organisms that are well adapted to the environment they find themselves in.

It sounds like you need to brush up on biology a bit.
I have seen no evidence in the fossil record that the eye in any particular animal has transitioned from a simple eye to a more complex eye.

For instance I have asked Dave Ellis to give me an evolutionary lesson from the fossil record or any record about the transitional phases of the eye of the squid, from simple to the best eye in the ocean. I don't think he will be able to do it.

I believe in an adaptational transition that happens in all animals, but I don't think you could provide evidence that any organism or part thereof is in such a constant state of transitioning that it will transition from itself into a different family of animal. The fossil record has no such transitional series that show for instance, a bacteria transitioning to a leach, or even a simple eye transitioning to a more complex eye.

Let me know if you know differently

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Dave Ellis says:
The democratic party has not been responsible for any limitation of speech on a college campus. Some colleges cancelled talks due to protests, however the democratic party is completely unrelated to the operation or management of those institutions.
You need to pull your head out Dave. The speeches were cancelled because of left wing nut wack liberal democrats protesting that someone would actually disagree with their ideology, and have the gaul to come into their lair and spout such vitriol ideology.

The democratic party footprints are all over this protesting. I would not doubt that a dnc rep is getting information from these college kids when a conservative speaker is scheduled and plans are soon layed to get out the gang and stop the infadel. This footprint reaches from the dnc down through the administration that are all democrats to the faculty that are 90% democrats to the protesting, and campus destoying students that are 100% democrats.

You have no such protests coming from conservative colleges. Let the lefty speak. Let them show the world what nutty people they are.

Free speach is always the best policy.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I have seen no evidence in the fossil record that the eye in any particular animal has transitioned from a simple eye to a more complex eye.

It's the reverse since Lord God made the common ancestors, or His kinds, which when mixed with God's or Their kinds allows both kinds to descend with modifications over time within a population. Lord God makes temporary creations, like mankind, who MUST be born again by the Trinity (God) in order to enter Heaven. All kinds "created" by God the Trinity are Eternal kinds. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that evolutionists don't want me to show them what Genesis says because it destroys their false theory of evolution. Likewise, Christians don't want me to show them what Genesis says because it destroys the traditional religious beliefs of ancient men whose theology persists today, even though it does NOT agree with what is actually written.

What I've learned is that Baptists believe what Baptists teach and so they gather to themselves teachers who teach Baptist beliefs. Evolutionists likewise, refuse to believe Genesis even when it agrees with their view because they dismiss anything which agrees with Scripture.

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
I would like you to talk me through the idea that Adam is billions of years old, and use Genesis as your proof. Do it slowly, line by line. Thank you. I feel like I need to understand your theology.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I would like you to talk me through the idea that Adam is billions of years old, and use Genesis as your proof. Do it slowly, line by line. Thank you. I feel like I need to understand your theology.

Sure, but remember that Adam was made in the likeness of Jesus, with a Shekinah Glory or Brightness, in a perfect body and meant to live forever. In Heaven, all Christians will be in our perfect bodies which never die and our bodies will be like Adam's was before the fall.

Adam lived inside the first firmament, which God called Heaven, which was made on the SECOND Day. Gen 1:6-8 Adam's firmament protected his Earth from the water into which the firmament was placed. This shows that the interior of the firmament was totally self sufficient so long as the walls of the firmament protected Adam's Earth from the water which totally surrounded it. Adam's Heaven was also transportable.

On the THIRD Day, Gen 2:4, the Lord God made other Heavens (plural), or other firmaments or boundaries of Universes. Our Cosmos began some 13.8 Billion years ago, in man's time and Adam was living with the Lord at that time, on the first Earth. Adam lived until the present 6th Day or until some 12k years ago when he passed from his Earth into God's Eternity. It had been 930 years Gen 5:5 since he and Eve were born again in Christ Spiritually Gen 5:1-2 or "created" in God's Image by the Trinity. (God)

Adam had been alive for some 10 Billions of years before the last universal common ancestor appeared in the water of our Planet some 3.8 Billion years ago, in man's time. Gen 1:21 God is NOT subject to man's time since He is physically in the 3rd Heaven and today is the Day of Salvation, the present 6th Day/Age in the Creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven. God Bless you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Eyes don't fossilize.

I believe in an adaptational transition that happens in all animals, but I don't think you could provide evidence that any organism or part thereof is in such a constant state of transitioning that it will transition from itself into a different family of animal.

Off course not. And the reason is that evolution doesn't work that way.
Populations don't become "different" populations. Speciation is a vertical process.. Every "new" species is a subspecies of the ancestral species.

Felines don't evolve into canines.

The fossil record has no such transitional series that show for instance, a bacteria transitioning to a leach, or even a simple eye transitioning to a more complex eye.

Those aren't the kind of things you can conclude from the fossil record either, so you're just stating the obvious.

I can only advice you to inform yourself a bit on how evolution actually works and on the actual supportive evidence. Because it's rather obvious that you are confused about that.

Reactions: Skreeper
Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I posted God's Holy Word which you don't seem to accept as evidence.

You posted snippets of a book that bronze age humans wrote.

That link is dead

I have also posted historic evidence which you cannot refute. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

That map doesn't support your argument, and I've already explained why in previous posts.

I'm sorry you don't accept any evidence unless it agrees with your own personal opinion. I don't believe that you can refute God, Science and History, but believe what you will. Everyone can see your Bluff. God Bless you

My point stands... you haven't provided any evidence.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are great apes 'homo sapiens'. I could be wrong, but I thought humans are a species of 'homo sapien', and apes are a species of something else? Doesn't matter though, the idea that humans evolved from a great ape or a common ancestor of ape and human is only heresay. Remember the missing link problem, I don't think that has been factually linked. Let me know if you know differently.

The great apes are defined basically as large tailless primates (among other physical traits).

There are four genera of Great Apes further divided into seven species
Pongo - Bornean Orangutan / Sumatran Orangutan
Gorilla - Eastern Gorilla and Western Gorilla
Pan - Chimpanzee and Bonobo
Homo - Humans (Scientific name is Homo Sapiens Sapiens)

Extinct members of the Homo Genus would have included our close relatives Neanderthals and Denisovans, as well as our ancestor species like Homo Erectus.

There is no such species as an "Ape", the term ape describes the whole branch that includes all of the species I listed above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I just said it is interesting to 'try' to reconcile the bible to scientific discovery. If we can fine, if we can't fine. It is of little consequence.

Most scientists are trying their hardest to mold a godless, natural path from nothing to living universe and life on earth. If they get to tell the truth, good, if they don't, that's good too, as long as the goal is moving to accomplish a godless, natural path to explain these things. It is not always the truth, but it does not matter as long as the goal is kept in sight.

Don't talk to me about mounds of evidence. You have some evidence with lots of massive holes in it. So do not talk to me about evidence from the bible until you come up with your evidence for the evolution of the squid eye or any other animal eye from the beginning. Again, good luck.

Pretty well any scientist I'm aware of couldn't care less about moulding a godless universe. They care about following the evidence wherever it may lead in the hopes of discovering the reality of the world in which we live.

If you really think there's some kind of big conspiracy, you may want to double check your views

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dave Ellis says:

You need to pull your head out Dave. The speeches were cancelled because of left wing nut wack liberal democrats protesting that someone would actually disagree with their ideology, and have the gaul to come into their lair and spout such vitriol ideology.

The democratic party footprints are all over this protesting. I would not doubt that a dnc rep is getting information from these college kids when a conservative speaker is scheduled and plans are soon layed to get out the gang and stop the infadel. This footprint reaches from the dnc down through the administration that are all democrats to the faculty that are 90% democrats to the protesting, and campus destoying students that are 100% democrats.

You have no such protests coming from conservative colleges. Let the lefty speak. Let them show the world what nutty people they are.

Free speach is always the best policy.

I agree the speeches were cancelled by protests, largely carried out by left wingers.

You claimed the Democratic Party caused it though. Can you show evidence linking the democratic party to the funding or organizing of these protests?

Just because the protesters may vote democrat doesn't mean the democratic party organized the events. Hell, I'd bet a good number of those protesters voted for the Green Party and don't even support the democrats.

So, can you show the democratic party as an organization put together those protests? Not people that may happen to vote democratic, but the Democratic Party itself.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nothing wrong with free speech. But a classroom is a place of education first, not a place where any nutjob can come and "teach" his nonsense.
The universities of our land have always been safe harbors for the expression of ideas. Until now. The democratic party has now unleashed the idea that their view is the view and they will not countenance any other.

It is a dangerous state of affairs in the USA today.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I agree the speeches were cancelled by protests, largely carried out by left wingers.

You claimed the Democratic Party caused it though. Can you show evidence linking the democratic party to the funding or organizing of these protests?

Just because the protesters may vote democrat doesn't mean the democratic party organized the events. Hell, I'd bet a good number of those protesters voted for the Green Party and don't even support the democrats.

So, can you show the democratic party as an organization put together those protests? Not people that may happen to vote democratic, but the Democratic Party itself.
There was a person that was caught on a camera talking to a conservative that said he was paid by the dnc to carry out protests at Trump's rallys. So he went out and brought in a bunch of crazies and harrassed people going to Trumps speeches.

It would not be a large jump to think the dnc is involved in campus protests of conservative speakers at all.

If the entire administration are democrats, then there could certainly be phone calls made to the dnc for instructions. I have no evidence, I am a very small person with no access, but a flaming liberal college president certainly has access.

I believe it is the primal goal of the dnc to bring down Pres. Trump and the consevative Republican party at all cost, and by any means. No holds barred.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
For instance I have asked Dave Ellis to give me an evolutionary lesson from the fossil record or any record about the transitional phases of the eye of the squid, from simple to the best eye in the ocean. I don't think he will be able to do it.

http://www.thecephalopodpage.org/cephschool/CephalopodVision.pdf

Have at it

I believe in an adaptational transition that happens in all animals, but I don't think you could provide evidence that any organism or part thereof is in such a constant state of transitioning that it will transition from itself into a different family of animal. The fossil record has no such transitional series that show for instance, a bacteria transitioning to a leach, or even a simple eye transitioning to a more complex eye.

Evolution doesn't say one animal will transition into a different family of animal. The fact that you'd even raise that point shows that you don't understand the most basic concepts behind evolution.

It's a tree. Species spawn subspieces all on the same branch. You don't get species all of a sudden jumping to another branch.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.