LDS How did the Mormon Jesus get his Exaltation?

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
BigDaddy4 says,
In the upper room on Pentacost, this is what happened:
Acts 2:3King James Version (KJV)
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

An interesting picture. Cloven tongues, like 2 hands from the spiritual world that comes and sits upon each of them in the upper room. Does it remind you of the laying on of hands on the heads of each one?? It should after reading the scriptures that I gave you.

Do you think the 3000 did as Peter instructed? Do you think that Peter did as he had instructed? Repent and be baptized by water and then you can receive the HS (by the laying on of hands, since this seems to be the standard procedure, see Acts 8:17-18 and Acts 19:5-6).
Acts 2:41-42King James Version (KJV)
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

It does record that the 3,000 were baptized, but it does not say that they received the HS, but it is part of the instructions, so I'm sure Peter followed his own instructions.

I am always looking for ways to reconcile the bible with itself. There seems to be scriptures that support my beliefs, but there are scriptures that seem to be against my beliefs. So my position is that the bible can be reconciled if you take the time to do that.

My explanation as to why some people receive the HS by the laying on of hands, and some don't, is a feasible reconciliation.

Here is your problem. Your belief says that there is only 1 true baptism, and that is the baptism of the HS. This baptism of the HS can come to a person as they kneel in prayer in the room, or when listening to a preacher, or many other ways. But you have a hard time acknowledge that the HS can be given by the laying on of hands, after someone is baptized by water (which you believe is unnecessary anyway). Even though it is widely experienced in the bible, as I have shown.

So bottom line, I can reconcile all scriptures about baptism and the HS to the Mormon view, that both water baptism and HS baptism are essential. You can only reconcile those scriptures that support your view of baptism of the HS. The rest of the scriptures that are contrary to your belief is completely ignored.

If what I have said is untrue, then reconcile my scriptures with your beliefs about batpism and the giving of the HS.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm look at #7. The problem is you don't have all of the prophecy which is spread out over several sections. In sec 63 given in 1831there is a warning. They are told to purchase the land and that they will find opposition, they may have to be martyred. However they are not to shed blood themselves, if they do they will be scourged from city to city. This brings us to David Patten he was killed in a running gun battle he should have never been in. He thought he was saving some church members who were being held captive and we do honor him as a hero but if he had obeyed the warning he would not have been there, he would have gone on that mission. The Lord gives us agency. Think of Isreal being turned away from the promised land to wander in the desert, the early church members shed blood and they lost the privilege to build the temple. Also many rejected "zion" they didn't want to live the law of consecration, Oliver Cowdery and David Whitmer both left in anger over it.

The sec 63 prophecy of the church be scourged from city to city came to pass.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eu 24:1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
Deu 24:2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
Deu 24:3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Deu 24:4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

No eternal marriage.

They didn't have the higher priesthood so they didnt have eternal marriage Moses allowed for devorce. But they understood the principle. In Luke 20 there is the story of the women married to 5 brothers who died and they assume she is a wife to one of them. But Jesus tells them she was married in this world or by worldly laws so she's will not be married to any of them. She will be resurrected but remain as a child, there is no promise of becoming the more adult son and daughter of God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They didn't have the higher priesthood so they didnt have eternal marriage Moses allowed for devorce. But they understood the principle. In Luke 20 there is the story of the women married to 5 brothers who died and they assume she is a wife to one of them. But Jesus tells them she was married in this world or by worldly laws so she's will not be married to any of them. She will be resurrected but remain as a child, there is no promise of becoming the more adult son and daughter of God.

That isn't true! Wow! Not even Mormonism says resurrected beings will be children!

Matthew 22
28Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

29Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. 33And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Speculation from lds.org:
Apparently, there are no infants or children in the spirit world. All who reside there possess the stature of adult men and women, the same appearance they possessed prior to mortal birth. If infants or children die, their spirits immediately resume their former adult stature while in the spirit world. However, when they regain their bodies during the resurrection, they naturally come forth as children to be raised to maturity by righteous and worthy parents. President Joseph F. Smith explained this concept:
“The spirits of our children are immortal before they come to us, and their spirits, after bodily death, are like they were before they came. They are as they would have appeared if they had lived in the flesh, to grow to maturity, or to develop their physical bodies to the full stature of their spirits. If you see one of your children that has passed away it may appear to you in the form in which you would recognize it, the form of childhood; but if it came to you as a messenger bearing some important truth, it would perhaps come as the spirit of Bishop Edward Hunter’s son (who died when a little child) came to him, in the stature of full-grown manhood, and revealed himself to his father, and said: ‘I am your son.’
The Spirit World, Our Next Home - liahona

:doh::scratch:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
'

That is not at all what Jesus said! And the woman had 7 husbands not 5.
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

He basically said they didn't even know the scriptures thinking she would be married in heaven. This is not a response to that woman alone. Jesus' statement is "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven"
This is everyone---He never said that "she was married in this world or by worldly laws"--She definatekly was not married by worlrdly laws as they are talking about a woman who married 7 brothers according to Jewish law. In the resurrection, when everyone is resurrected there is no marriage nor giving in marriage---we are as the angels--there can be no marriage in heaven--that means no sex. The angels have none, they are all males, for one thing. There is not one single thing there about becoming a more adult son and daughter of God.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rom 8 " For as many as are lead by the Spirit of God, they are the sons (and daughters) of God.... the Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirits, that we are the children of God...for the earnest expection of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God"

We are all children of God the Father but only those who are lead by the Spirit will become sons and daughters of God, joint-heirs with Christ.

In Luke 20 the woman with the 7 husbands will be resurrected but remain at the status of a child.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not trying. Facts are facts. He died shooting others, and trying to jump out a window, not as any of the other martyrs did. He is a martyr in your eyes, not anyone else's who can see it for what it was. It was wrong what was done--but he was no martyr. The real martyrs took what was coming, head on without fighting back--as Jesus did. Martyrs give their lives for their faith, they do not die trying to kill others to save their own lives. Not one disciple did. Some Mormons may have been, don't know, but he wasn't.

His brother lay dead on the floor and he was unarmed when he was shot in the back, he fell two stories but he was still alive. They dragged him up to the wall of the building, propped him up formed a firing squad and shot him over and over again. One man pulled out a knife to cut his head off, for there was a bounty on it but something spooked them and they all ran away. The Lord made sure his body wasn't desecrated in such away.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Angels are all male? So the heavenly choir singing to the shepherds all had male voices?

Anytime any angel has a name in the bible---it is male. However, as thy do not marry, I see no reason for God to have given them any male "reproductive" parts--what for? They can't use them and God makes nothing that is dysfunctional, and nowhere does it state He said for them to be fruitful and multiply. As for singing--male voices are not all bass----they used to castrate males to keep their voices as high tenor. I have no doubt that God's choir has every possible pitch available to them. Anything God does can't be improved on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
His brother lay dead on the floor and he was unarmed when he was shot in the back, he fell two stories but he was still alive. They dragged him up to the wall of the building, propped him up formed a firing squad and shot him over and over again. One man pulled out a knife to cut his head off, for there was a bounty on it but something spooked them and they all ran away. The Lord made sure his body wasn't desecrated in such away.

Joseph's gun is on display at the Church History Museum in Salt Lake City, where anyone can see it. It has been there for years. It is well known that JS defended himsekf with pistol,
You can read the listings of accounts that state this
Joseph Smith/Martyrdom/Joseph fired a gun - FairMormon
FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice
It is a Mormon website that deals with answers to critics of their church.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rom 8 " For as many as are lead by the Spirit of God, they are the sons (and daughters) of God.... the Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirits, that we are the children of God...for the earnest expection of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God"

We are all children of God the Father but only those who are lead by the Spirit will become sons and daughters of God, joint-heirs with Christ.

In Luke 20 the woman with the 7 husbands will be resurrected but remain at the status of a child.

Name one female angel.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

WE aren't angels and won't become angels.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Joseph's gun is on display at the Church History Museum in Salt Lake City, where anyone can see it. It has been there for years. It is well known that JS defended himsekf with pistol,
You can read the listings of accounts that state this
Joseph Smith/Martyrdom/Joseph fired a gun - FairMormon
FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice
It is a Mormon website that deals with answers to critics of their church.

Fair isn't part of lds.org.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

There's no Mormon scripture that says she'll have the status of a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, but is it official? Does the church stand by it?

That is the question!! As anything they don't like they always say it is not official--even when it's said by one of their own church leaders.

Upvote 0