How can the grace of God be resisted by some yet received by others?

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL, You just can't believe. You keep moving goal posts around everytime your viewpoint is proved wrong. Your desperation to find a loophole out of God's choice and predestination is starting to make me laugh out loud. You are a funny person.

Since you seem like a pillar of Calvinism, perhaps you can show us where Jesus mentioned predestination.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you are the one who saves yourself. God is clearly not needed for your salvation.
Shall we make a shrine to the greatness of your choice or should we wait to see if you choose something else on a whim later in the day?

The question wasn't if I can save myself, but whether I can choose what to believe. Buy a program and follow along.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Since you seem like a pillar of Calvinism, perhaps you can show us where Jesus mentioned predestination.
Jesus is God. Jesus tells you about predestination in Ephesians 1 through his servant Paul.
What you read about Jesus in the gospels comes from Jesus servants Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
You are treating God's word with disrespect in your attempts to argue a heretical view, which Augustine dismantled when he argued with Pelagius.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This, right here, shows your misunderstanding.
You realize, of course, that Calvin did not have a five point system. That was added later by followers in Holland. The five points you allude to are all logically connected. Take one out and the entire argument is moot. Therefore, there is no such thing as a 4 point Calvinist.

The issue is really about what the Bible teaches, not one reformer. What does God's word teach? We have provided passage after passage that you ignore. If you choose ignorance, then so be it.

You Calvinists can't even choose the same thing. But wait, you can't choose, so God can't choose the same thing for you all.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is God. Jesus tells you about predestination in Ephesians 1 through his servant Paul.
What you read about Jesus in the gospels comes from Jesus servants Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
You are treating God's word with disrespect in your attempts to argue a heretical view, which Augustine dismantled when he argued with Pelagius.

You mean the Catholic theologian which Calvinists say are wrong? Are you a closet Catholic?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL, You just can't believe. You keep moving goal posts around everytime your viewpoint is proved wrong. Your desperation to find a loophole out of God's choice and predestination is starting to make me laugh out loud. You are a funny person.

I don't think it's funny. Listen to what Jesus told the Pharisees -

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:

This is exactly what predestination does, it shuts up the kingdom of heaven against men.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
You mean the Catholic theologian which Calvinists say are wrong? Are you a closet Catholic?
I am a Christian who, like Augustine, Calvin and millions of others, reads the Bible and let's the Bible speak for itself. I do not impose my philosophy (which free will is) upon the text. I let the text impose it's authority on my heart.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it's funny. Listen to what Jesus told the Pharisees -

Matthew 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men:

This is exactly what predestination does, it shuts up the kingdom of heaven against men.
You have to take that issue up with God since it is God who has shared the message of predestination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,638.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So God is held to time. Please include your scriptural reference...........
Are you stating that God is held to time or are you asking if God is held to time?

Either way - God is not held to time.

God fills the heavens and the earth - the so called space time continuum.

But God is not only immanent - in this case present in the created universe. God is also transcendent in this case outside of the created universe.

He is not only in time as we experience it - He is outside of time as we experience it.

God - in His essence - apparently doesn't experience time exactly as we do. But the scriptures show that He does experience time both before the creation of this universe as well as in the "ages" to come.

There is time in the present Heaven and the present universe and there will be time in the future Heaven and the new universe.
So how does this prove that God is not Omniscient?
It does not prove that God is not omniscient.

God is omniscient.

He knows, always has known, and always will know everything possible, actualized, and to be actualized by Him in the future through His creative power and His omnipresent, providential control of all things created.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I say there are saved Calvinists and unsaved Calvinists.

Wow, you can make up any doctrine when you make up words for the Bible.
Once again, a non sequitur. I think that's your go to when you can't refute.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's in the same chapter where He mentions the Trinity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The question wasn't if I can save myself, but whether I can choose what to believe. Buy a program and follow along.
And the challenge is still there, if you care to take it.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you stating that God is held to time or are you asking if God is held to time?

Either way - God is not held to time.

God fills the heavens and the earth - the so called space time continuum.

But God is not only immanent - in this case present in the created universe. God is also transcendent in this case outside of the created universe.

He is not only in time as we experience it - He is outside of time as we experience it.

God - in His essence - apparently doesn't experience time exactly as we do. But the scriptures show that He does experience time both before the creation of this universe as well as in the "ages" to come.

There is time in the present Heaven and the present universe and there will be time in the future Heaven and the new universe.

It does not prove that God is not omniscient.

God is omniscient.

He knows, always has known, and always will know everything possible, actualized, and to be actualized by Him in the future through His creative power and His omnipresent, providential control of all things created.
Then what are you disagreeing with? I said God is not held to time and that God is Omniscient.

Please show scripture for the text in red.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have to take that issue up with God since it is God who has shared the message of predestination.

Since God does not shut up the kingdom of heaven against man, predestination to life and foreordination to condemnation are not of God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Since God does not shut up the kingdom of heaven against man, predestination to life and foreordination to condemnation are not of God.
Um...universalism isn't allowed here.

Upvote 0