USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scary isn't it???...some people would not recognize Him, who claim to know Him. If they did, they would probably treat Him the same way certain people in The Bible treated Him...badly.

And Jesus knows this very well but has saved us through grace. If the Apostle Peter disavowed knowledge of Jesus three times before the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] crowed certainly, we are going to continue acting human with our good and bad points.

The key, door and path are Christ. We are tasked to bring others too him. Discovering how we can best do that quickly discards negative opinions of other denomination and how bad people are. Instead we should focus on helping others using Christ's examples and spreading the gospel.

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by Denali
If Jesus were walking the Earth today, you can bet he would be hanging out with homosexuals, people with AIDS, people suffering from depression, and other "undesirables" of the world.

And fundamentalists would be calling for his death.

Yes, He would just like alot of us fundamentalists do, who haven't called for the death of anyone, and so wouldn't call for His death either.:doh:

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Gee, and here all this time we thought that bes the Holy Spirit's job to convict of sin, righteousness and judgment.

The Holy Spirit doesn't convict those in whom He does not dwell. That's why the unsaved have to hear God's Word that makes men free.

As for other Christians, its self explanatory.

Frankly, listening to someone prattle endlessly and tiresomely about how supposedly "obedient to God" they bes when they cannot even manage the most basic level of eschewing pointless tit-for-tat snark, bores the everliving schnitzel outta Moriah. Point that thing somewhere else. :yawn:

You mean like your continued referring to yourself as an IT bores a lot of folks here?

except God has not appointed you the judge of other people. God has called you like everyone else to examine THEMSELVES. Not one another. Speaking of which ...

You need to go find out what God's Word says about judgment.

Oh put a sock in it already and get some perspective here.
[bible]1 Corinthians 12:14-27[/bible]

Got some and it doesn't align with yours but with God's.;)

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't believe the Bible is God's Word, because it never says it is.

However, I do believe the Bible is true and reliable and trustworthy.

And I believe that God's Word is something we would all do well to listen to, if Samuel's experience was anything to go by.

Are you gay David?

The desire of my heart is to be holy and pure and to know God and love Him more and more each day with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

David.

Are you suppressing the truth? Now I ask that not just of you but of anyone involved in sexual sin. Some say they want to be pure and holy, but they also believe that what God says about homosexual fornication has been translated incorrectly. They suppress the truth as given by God, and He gives them over to their sinful desires.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyBurst
Try finding BigBadWolf's webpage .... he just went pooof

What are you guys talking about? Is this puppet socks again? :cool:
I could be mistaken, but I thought he was stating that one of our forum members is no longer with us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Dear Moriah_Conquering_Wind,
Well not quite, Jesus associated with the marginalised, He didn’t associate with the diseased, disabled and demonized, He healed them and cast out demons. But my question asked why, and you have referred to the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the Bible. Yet the person I asked would tell you that is just your interpretation of the Bible, or rather they would if they disagreed with what the Bible says if they didn’t like it.

Well yes I agree. But He also taught the right way to live. So answer to your response is yes according to His Biblical testimony He taught to love others, just as He taught that God’s purpose in creation was man and woman.

As to modern day Pharisees, the Pharisees not only marginalised people, they disagreed with Jesus Christ’s testimony and teaching. I suppose therefore that in context modern day Pharisees would be either those who don’t have something of Jesus Christ’s loving attitude towards people or deny Jesus Christ’s teaching by promoting same-sex unions.

The doctor doesnt come to heal those who are well.

[BIBLE]Isaiah 61:1[/BIBLE]

It bears repeating

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Spirit doesn't convict those in whom He does not dwell.
That bes not what JC said.
[bible]John 16:7-8[/bible]
7But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: (NIV)
That's why the unsaved have to hear God's Word that makes men free.
There bes a word what kills and a word what brings to life. The truth bes what sets free, but the truth that sets free bes the Good News of salvation, not the Bad News of enslavement. Going around telling ppls they bes doomed and God hates them bes a load of toxic religious crap and a mockery of the Saviour what gave His life to get ppls OUT of that trap.

You need to go find out what God's Word says about judgment.
Already know what it says.
First, lay off others.
[bible]Matthew 7:1-5[/bible]
[bible]Romans 14:13[/bible]

Second, focus on examining yourself
[bible]2 Corinthians 13:5[/bible]

You mean like your continued referring to yourself as an IT bores a lot of folks here?
That bes not Christian attitude or behavior. You fail and you make a mockery of your profession of faith every time you behave this way. It knows scripture and it knows JC neither condones nor supports nor winks at this kind of crap. You will NOT succeed in imprinting either Moriah nor anyone else reading this with that lie from the pit of hell that God bes OK with His Own acting that way or treating others that way. It bes NOT OK and God bes NOT OK with it. If you bes blind you would have no sin, but you claim to see, so your sin remains.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you gay David?

Are you suppressing the truth? Now I ask that not just of you but of anyone involved in sexual sin. Some say they want to be pure and holy, but they also believe that what God says about homosexual fornication has been translated incorrectly. They suppress the truth as given by God, and He gives them over to their sinful desires.

Zaac, what business bes others sexual sins of yours? Bes you even remotely aware of a little thing called boundaries in human relationships, where you have to actually EARN or MERIT the right to intrude yourself upon others' private matters?

[bible]Romans 14:4[/bible]

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That bes not what JC said.
[bible]John 16:7-8[/bible]
7But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: (NIV)y quote]

In terms of non-Christians being drawn unto Christ,this is correct. The Holy Spirit helps non-believers understand the concept of salvation, to realize their need for the Lord and his Word.

There bes a word what kills and a word what brings to life. The truth bes what sets free, but the truth that sets free bes the Good News of salvation, not the Bad News of enslavement. Going around telling ppls they bes doomed and God hates them bes a load of toxic religious crap and a mockery of the Saviour what gave His life to get ppls OUT of that trap.

Who said anything about simply telling folks that they are enslaved? You got to preach both. You preach God's love and His wrath. They are inseparable.

Already know what it says.
First, lay off others.
[bible]Matthew 7:1-5[/bible]

Look again. It's telling you what you must do before you ARE to righteously judge.

That bes not Christian attitude or behavior.

What's not Christian behavior or attitude about it?

You fail and you make a mockery of your profession of faith every time you behave this way.

Behave what way? Because folks say it's weird the way you keep referring to yourself in third person?

It is. I even asked if English was your first language.

It knows scripture and it knows JC neither condones nor supports nor winks at this kind of crap.

:scratch:

You will NOT succeed in imprinting either Moriah nor anyone else reading this with that lie from the pit of hell that God bes OK with His Own acting that way or treating others that way.

:scratch:

It bes NOT OK and God bes NOT OK with it. If you bes blind you would have no sin, but you claim to see, so your sin remains.

Still :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zaac, what business bes others sexual sins of yours? Bes you even remotely aware of a little thing called boundaries in human relationships, where you have to actually EARN or MERIT the right to intrude yourself upon others' private matters?

[bible]Romans 14:4[/bible]

How about you let Zaac handle Zaac? If David doesn't want to answer the question, DAVID doesn't have to. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In terms of non-Christians being drawn unto Christ,this is correct. The Holy Spirit helps non-believers understand the concept of salvation, to realize their need for the Lord and his Word.
No argument there. :thumbsup: Though we could add a few things too.

Who said anything about simply telling folks that they are enslaved? You got to preach both. You preach God's love and His wrath. They are inseparable.
Yes BUT. In preaching the wrath it has to be told that all of it bes taken upon JC Himself FOR us. It bes when HE bes lifted up that ppls bes drawn. Ppls do NOT get drawn by trying to "scare" them into the faith or worse, into "fire insurance just in case it bes true".

Look again. It's telling you what you must do before you ARE to righteously judge.
It bes polemic device. Just like "if your right eye offend thee pluck it out" -- does NOT mean God literally expects ppls to pull their eyes out.

What's not Christian behavior or attitude about it?
It bes self-serving, a method of making yourself feel good at another's expense. That bes wrong. That bes not love and bes not how JC wants ppls treating one another.

Behave what way? Because folks say it's weird the way you keep referring to yourself in third person?
You need to stop this. Deliberately seeking to offend another YES that bes wrong and bes against JC. What personal satisfaction can you possibly derive from deliberately provoking and irritating someone else? Do you really have such severe cognitive dissonance that you actually believe it to be perfectly OK to conduct yourself in that fashion while wearing the name of JC? Unbelievable!

And it COULD ask bes you raised in a barn? But that would be what -- rude? offensive? uncalled for? Yes, it would be all those things. So do you GET it now?

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about you let Zaac handle Zaac? If David doesn't want to answer the question, DAVID doesn't have to.
That would be letting David handle David.
How about you stop grilling people on their private sexual lives? What business bes that of yours, hmmm?
Just who do you delude yourself into thinking you bes that you even have any right or merit any position in the lives of other posters here to inquire about matters that bes none of your business? They don't answer to you.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No argument there. :thumbsup: Though we could add a few things too.

Yes BUT. In preaching the wrath it has to be told that all of it bes taken upon JC Himself FOR us. It bes when HE bes lifted up that ppls bes drawn. Ppls do NOT get drawn by trying to "scare" them into the faith or worse, into "fire insurance just in case it bes true".

That's why you preach both. You show God's wrath against sin and the penalty for it to expose the condemnation of sin. This exposes to people why they need the love of a merciful Jesus Christ to be their Savior.

It bes polemic device. Just like "if your right eye offend thee pluck it out" -- does NOT mean God literally expects ppls to pull their eyes out.

I know what kind of device it bes. But contrary to popular opinion, God is showing people how He expects us TO judge. He says FIRST remove the plank from your eye and THEN you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

In other words, the very sin of which you are condemning your brother, correct it in yourself first and then you may righteously point it out as sin in your brother vs hypocritically doing so.

It bes self-serving, a method of making yourself feel good at another's expense. That bes wrong. That bes not love and bes not how JC wants ppls treating one another.

It's not self serving. It was a legitimate question that you may have answered somewhere in another thread. Maybe I missed it.

You need to stop this. Deliberately seeking to offend another YES that bes wrong and bes against JC. What personal satisfaction can you possibly derive from deliberately provoking and irritating someone else? Do you really have such severe cognitive dissonance that you actually believe it to be perfectly OK to conduct yourself in that fashion while wearing the name of JC? Unbelievable!

:scratch: So let me ask again cause there apparently is a disconnect. Is English your native language and why exactly do you refer to yourself as an It? :scratch:

And it COULD ask bes you raised in a barn? But that would be what -- rude? offensive? uncalled for? Yes, it would be all those things. So do you GET it now?

Nope. Not too much, if anything that anyone can say that offends me.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could be mistaken, but I thought he was stating that one of our forum members is no longer with us.

Just a question. I'm an admin and not a mod. Thanks. I thought I saw the wolf character online in the early morning hours.

Upvote 0