Homosexuality and Suppression of the Truth

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3422

An alchoholic is always consider an alchoholic.

A drug addict is always consider an addict.

So do you have any sins that you have ask for forgive for that you have ever been tempted with again, and/or even gave into that temptation needing to ask for forgiveness again?

Why are people who quit drinking saying they have to decide everyday not to take a drink, and the same is with alot of smokers who quit smoking? We pray for them, we encourage them, and yet if it is a homosexual who believes that what he is doing is a sin.....................................:doh:

So your mentioning of Ted Haggard was on topic, but me responding to your post isn't. Let's take a poll on that, but we know how that will turn out also.

So good idea back to topic!!
If someone is internally conflicted, and he or she thinks that same-sex love is a "sin," while being unable to stop loving someone of the same sex, I think the best way that a therapist can help this person is to point out to this person that his or her thinking is wrong, and there is nothing sinful about loving a same-sex spouse.

The error is not in loving someone of the same sex. The error is in believing that doing so is a sin. I am no therapist, and I don't work with people in a therapeutic setting. But I think the best thing a therapist can do is to encourage gay people to accept the fact that they are gay and stop believing that same-sex love is a sin, because it's not. That belief is destructive to people, I think.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3422

An alchoholic is always consider an alchoholic.

A drug addict is always consider an addict.
ONLY under certain systems of rehabilitation, most notably those based in 12-step programs. Some actually contest this meme and offer salient reasons why it might not be appropriate to consider the truly rehabilitated addict or alcoholic "still" to be labeled by that condition. Not everyone subscribes to 12-step philosophy either.

So do you have any sins that you have ask for forgive for that you have ever been tempted with again, and/or even gave into that temptation needing to ask for forgiveness again?
You mean consciously executed or programmed? :scratch:

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If someone is internally conflicted, and he or she thinks that same-sex love is a "sin," while being unable to stop loving someone of the same sex, I think the best way that a therapist can help this person is to point out to this person that his or her thinking is wrong, and there is nothing sinful about loving a same-sex spouse.

The error is not in loving someone of the same sex. The error is in believing that doing so is a sin. I am no therapist, and I don't work with people in a therapeutic setting. But I think the best thing a therapist can do is to encourage gay people to accept the fact that they are gay and stop believing that same-sex love is a sin, because it's not. That belief is destructive to people, I think.

I didn't realize until after I posted this response that there was a thread started about this, so to keep this thread from derailment I moved my post over there. Thanks.

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ONLY under certain systems of rehabilitation, most notably those based in 12-step programs. Some actually contest this meme and offer salient reasons why it might not be appropriate to consider the truly rehabilitated addict or alcoholic "still" to be labeled by that condition. Not everyone subscribes to 12-step philosophy either.

You mean consciously executed or programmed? :scratch:

Have you ever lied before, and ask forgiveness for it? Have you lied since then?

Have you ever committed the same sin more then once?

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In one way or the other, the majority of the known homosexuals in this forum have expressed some level of disdain for God's Word as absolute truth.

I would like to see proof of this statement with the keyword being "disdain" otherwise it is a hollow argument and unfounded criticism.

As stated previously showing the love of Christ while posting is also something that I think we all should follow.

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
I would like to see proof of this statement with the keyword being "disdain" otherwise it is a hollow argument and unfounded criticism.

As stated previously showing the love of Christ while posting is also something that I think we all should follow.
I do not believe that the Bible is "absolute truth." But I do not "disdain" the Bible. I see the Bible as a valuable historical source.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever lied before, and ask forgiveness for it? Have you lied since then?

Have you ever committed the same sin more then once?
Lying would be severely atypical for this one.
But yes it has things in which it bes trapped.
Having no interior cognizance of "sin" makes it difficult to parse your question. You mean things what They bes makesy? Things whats bes programmed into it that it bes trapped in? Or what?

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't believe I said anything about a therapist, because God/Jesus/Holy Spirit is all that is needed. IMHO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lying would be severely atypical for this one.
But yes it has things in which it bes trapped.
Having no interior cognizance of "sin" makes it difficult to parse your question. You mean things what They bes makesy? Things whats bes programmed into it that it bes trapped in? Or what?

Have you ever drank till you were drunk, because that is a sin.

Have you ever eat till you were about to pop, because that is a sin. (gluttony)

If you have a conscience, which we are all born with, then we know the difference between right and wrong. Are you saying God forgot to give you that knowledge?

I don't know for sure what the rest of your post was saying, but I sure wish you could figure out how to post to me the way you do to many others. I just read several of your post that didn't have the it factor and only used the bes once or twice. I didn't see any with the sy endings, which made it so much easier to read and understand your post.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you are sitting the example about how we should be showing the love by this post hun?

Guess what ones says should be happening isn't always what we do, which must be why the scriptures warn that if we judge someone we shouldn't be judging if we are doing the same thing they are doing.

Or is it ok to slam someone if they say they have been cured by the Lord instead of saying I am homosexual and God made me that way? I would want to see the scriptures for that thought, please.

P.S. You know I feel really moved to spend the day in prayer for those who were affected by the 68 tornadoes last night. Have a Good Day All.
I think the slam is directed to Mr. Haggard's blatant hypocracy... ie condemning homosexuals publicly, while paying for homosexual sex privately.

Upvote 0