Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
See post #106 for the completequotation (plus some extra added information). I am thinking that it is the ultimate in brazen chutzpah to identify someone as sinning when one's Lord and Savior has said that He does not condemn them. YMMV.

It is the ultimate in brazen stupidity to attempt to correct someone incorrectly. His not condemning her was a display of mercy. It had nothing to do with her not having sinned. If she hadn't sinned, He wouldn't have told her to go and sin NO MORE.

Or maybe that everyone needs Him, and that there's nobody who is too sinful for Him to come in and abide with them. This little routine of us righteous vs. them sinners is the exact game the Pharisees played, and we know what He had to say about them doing it.

Still more stupidness. Ain't nobody played the righteousness game. Yall just like to play the "oh I'm the victimized, hated villified homosexual" game. And thus yall pitifully try to make it look like anyone who calls sin what it is into a self-righteous, holier than thou scapegoat. :yawn: Boring and God's people have been hip to that lil game for years.

So who didn't show mercy? Did Jesus have a point in making them the ones who pass by in His story? What did the Jews think of the Samaritans, anyway? Was there a point in making the one who did show mercy a Samaritan? What was it? What lesson can we learn from this about whom God wants us to love and show mercy to?

Has nothing to do with the post. You can love and show mercy all you like. That doesn't release us from God's command to point out wrongto the evil doer or to use His Word to correct,rebuke, teach and train in righteousness.

If I were to tell you, or Zaac, that you were being self-righteous jerks in how you're behaving in this thread, and in danger of incurring His judgment in the measure you are evidently judging others, would I be showing you mercy, or flaming you? Does the Golden Rule have anything to say about what true Christian behavior in such circumstance ought to be?

(Please note that this is NOT an attack; it's an effort to share my perspective on the points at dispute by asking pointed questions regarding what is true Christian behavior according to the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself.

Frankly, coming from folks who consistently show themselves to be more concerned with being tolerant than they are to being obedient to God's Word, such words generally mean nothing to me.:thumbsup:

I'm called of God to righteously judge just as you think you just did.

you go ahead and do the tolerance thing. I'm gonna deliver God'sTruth.:)

There's one other thing: they're all stories where people were judged sinners and ostracized by the "good righteous folk" around them -- just as gay people are today.

More foolishness. Every thread in to back this lil den of iniquity, yall come in with horns blazing talking about the disenfranchised, ostracized homosexual.

Go back and look at what the subject of the thread is. If anybody was ostracized, they must have felt ostracized by God's Truth cutting like a two-edged sword.

But, as Zaac says, if you don't have the Holy Spirit working in you to guide you to truth, you won't get the point.

God's Word says so. Plenty of Christians have been known to suppress the truth to. Would explain why some are so confused.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still more stupidness. Ain't nobody played the righteousness game. Yall just like to play the "oh I'm the victimized, hated villified homosexual" game. And thus yall pitifully try to make it look like anyone who calls sin what it is into a self-righteous, holier than thou scapegoat. :yawn: Boring and God's people have been hip to that lil game for years.

Dear Mr. Zaac:

Thank you for your recent identification of all those who disagree with you as Homosexual. As you are no doubt well aware, recent research at the FNM institute has confirmed that Homosexuality is widespread among those who do not agree with your posts. However, further research has revealed that not all of these people know they are in fact engaged in Homosexual Sodomy while they are posting.

~s/ Dr. George Mayatesnomas

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Dear Mr. Zaac:

Thank you for your recent identification of all those who disagree with you as Homosexual. As you are no doubt well aware, recent research at the FNM institute has confirmed that Homosexuality is widespread among those who do not agree with your posts. However, further research has revealed that not all of these people know they are in fact engaged in Homosexual Sodomy while they are posting.

~s/ Dr. George Mayatesnomas

You're funny UberDan in a grind my hand in a sausage grinder kind a way. :D

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where's the debate/discussion? A large percentage of the posts in this and other hotly replied to homosexual forum threads have been personal attacks or criticism.

Of course the occasional humorous post has helped lift the mood. And some scripture has been inserted to assist. And I'm not completely without sin like some here.

But I say again, where's the beef? I mean debate. If there is one being held, I would like to attend just to see what it's like.

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Where's the debate/discussion? A large percentage of the posts in this and other hotly replied to homosexual forum threads have been personal attacks or criticism.

Of course the occasional humorous post has helped lift the mood. And some scripture has been inserted to assist. And I'm not completely without sin like some here.

But I say again, where's the beef? I mean debate. If there is one being held, I would like to attend just to see what it's like.
What he said!!

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Beat them into submission. Flog the truth into them. Harrass them until they change their mind.

(Some of the things my pastor said that wouldn't work to bring someone to Christ.)

i advocate for three days in a straight jacket.

If that doesnt work, just leave them there, and check on then periodically and feed and water them to make sure they dont expire:D

And incase anyone was wondering, large amounts of sarcasm there

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See post #106 for the completequotation (plus some extra added information). I am thinking that it is the ultimate in brazen chutzpah to identify someone as sinning when one's Lord and Savior has said that He does not condemn them. YMMV.

It is so hard to know what to do, if you post the scripture you get told your legalistic, judging and condemning, but if you don't you get the "complete quotation" is #106. He said He didn't comdemn this is true, but He did identify her as a sinner or He wouldn't have told her to go and sin no more.

Looking at the whole story He plainly was showing how everyone is a sinner, then He showed how He didn't come to condemn but save. All those points are very important, just like the last point He made, which was go and sin no more.

Sorry I don't know what YMMV means.

Or maybe that everyone needs Him, and that there's nobody who is too sinful for Him to come in and abide with them. This little routine of us righteous vs. them sinners is the exact game the Pharisees played, and we know what He had to say about them doing it.

I need to figure out a way to keep track of the number of post I have made where I state plane and simply how we are all sinners and in need of a Saviour. I have my sins and failings, you have yours, and I have never said anything else.

I am not here to play a game, and have yet to figure out what kind of game someone would think I would be playing. Peoples souls are at stack and that is nothing to laugh at or turn into some kind of game. Anyone that would do that is really sick.

So who didn't show mercy? Did Jesus have a point in making them the ones who pass by in His story? What did the Jews think of the Samaritans, anyway? Was there a point in making the one who did show mercy a Samaritan? What was it? What lesson can we learn from this about whom God wants us to love and show mercy to?

So do you really need the answer to these questions or do you think I don't know the story well enough to answer them? I guess we all have different ideas of things we call games. It's ok though, because it never hurts to try to get people to think, and this is one of th best stories to prayerfully think about.

If I were to tell you, or Zaac, that you were being self-righteous jerks in how you're behaving in this thread, and in danger of incurring His judgment in the measure you are evidently judging others, would I be showing you mercy, or flaming you? Does the Golden Rule have anything to say about what true Christian behavior in such circumstance ought to be?

The first thing I would do is go back and check my post to see if I was being a self-righteous jerk, and then I would ask you to show me the post you felt I was that in. After prayerfully looking at what you thought was bad, and if I could see why you thought that then I would apologize to the person I had posted to. Or if I was misunderstood I would explain what I was trying to say, that didn't come out that way in the typed wording.

(Please note that this is NOT an attack; it's an effort to share my perspective on the points at dispute by asking pointed questions regarding what is true Christian behavior according to the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself.

Not an attack............I will take your word for that.

I don't recall Jesus ever saying that sin was ok or that those who were sinning(which was everyone as it is today) shouldn't be shown their need for a Saviour and why. I wonder how many times in His short life did He say go and sin no more or your sins are forgiven you?

I can remember when speaking of the fact that we sin and what the answer to those sins is didn't used to be a four letter word.

There's one other thing: they're all stories where people were judged sinners and ostracized by the "good righteous folk" around them -- just as gay people are today.

But, as Zaac says, if you don't have the Holy Spirit working in you to guide you to truth, you won't get the point.

This isn't an attack either, right?:sigh:

You know I wish I could say I am a good righteous person, but even on my very very best day all I am is a sinner saved by grace. THANK YOU LORD.:clap:

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He didn't say that to her until all the Pharisees were gone.

Which means she isn't a sinner because He didn't say it in front of someone?

Or does that somehow make her less of a sinner? :confused:

Jesus made sure that everyone that was there that day knew that they were a sinner, and that He was the answer. All of them may not have believed the last part, but there was no doubt in anyones mind that they were a sinner.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need to figure out a way to keep track of the number of post I have made where I state plane and simply how we are all sinners and in need of a Saviour. I have my sins and failings, you have yours, and I have never said anything else. ..:clap:

Sometimes I take things, pieces, that I want to remember and paste them into outlook express emails and save them as drafts. They can also be saved in word but the draft thing gives me easy access if I need to copy and paste something rather than reinventing the wheel. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes I take things, pieces, that I want to remember and paste them into outlook express emails and save them as drafts. They can also be saved in word but the draft thing gives me easy access if I need to copy and paste something rather than reinventing the wheel. Just a thought.

Thank You.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

MB, it just seems to be a recurring theme amongst all the homosexuals here. They all seem to have a problem with God's Word. Which makes a lot of sense.

You will suppress the truth when the truth convicts you that what you are doing is wrong.

In one way or the other, the majority of the known homosexuals in this forum have expressed some level of disdain for God's Word as absolute truth.
It seems to be a recurring theme amongst all the homophobes here. They all seem to have a problem with God's Word. Which makes a lot of sense.

You will suppress the truth when the truth convicts you that what you are doing is wrong.

In one way or the other, the majority of the known homophobes in this forum have expressed some level of disdain for the teachings of Jesus and absolute truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems to be a recurring theme amongst all the homophobes here. They all seem to have a problem with God's Word. Which makes a lot of sense.

In one way or the other, the majority of the known homophobes in this forum have expressed some level of disdain for the teachings of Jesus and absolute truth.

We concluded on such a peaceful note and I guess the clock struck 12 or something because y'all are gettin' all cranked up again with the "you this" and "you that." Oh well. God bless and all the best. :sleep:

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Nice questions, and highly relevant to God's Truth (as opposed to what Zaac wants us to think is true).

But I'll bet you 5,000 blessings against 100 of your own that if anyone answers the quoted question before this post goes up, they will only quote the second half of what He said -- and focus on "sin no more."

There's some perverse condition among some people that makes them unwilling to allow that God might grant forgiveness to anyone else or on different terms than they themelves would. (In some circles, this is called having a carnal spirit. ;))
I have always been more interested in what Jesus didn’t say to the crowd trying to get Jesus to murder that woman…why didn’t he ask where the adulterous man was? And why wasn’t this crowd demanding he be murdered as well?

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
We concluded on such a peaceful note and I guess the clock struck 12 or something because y'all are gettin' all cranked up again with the "you this" and "you that." Oh well. God bless and all the best. :sleep:
I work for a christian mental health service, in that we are closely affiliated with a baptist church. Anyhow, on a tuesday night the church has a service called "The Living room" its a place that people who have mental health issues can go to church, hang out and fellowship in a non threatening environment.

I was thinking though I think if Jesus was about in this day, He would be kicking it at "The Living room" with all these "dreadful" people with mental health issues

Jesus nailed the heart of the gospel when he talked about how the doctor doesnt come to treat the healthy. I think to often we miss the point, and expect that people should have to measure up to a standard before they can be helped.

Was talking and sharing my testimony with a work mate yesterday and she asked me if a wiccan or satanist came to see me, what would the first thing be that I would say to them.

My response "Would you like a cuppa or a glass of wine"

This world is full of hopelessness. People need to know there is a way out of the pit, and that cant happen when we are so busy pointing out their faults and ignoring the fact they cant keep their head above water and are slowly drowning

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
Take it up with God. Go look at the OP. It's His Word. If homosexuals feel marginalized by that, then perhaps they need to align themselves with Him in such a way that His Word doesn't make them feel marginalized.
A person should not denigrate or marginalize others and then turn around and blame God for this. God has never marginalized gay people, nor has God condemned us. Some people seem eager to do that, though, to speak for God and to imagine they know what God wants them to do to others.

Upvote 0