Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Oh okay I understand what you're saying. There's no sun like a star which Home revolves around, it's light comes from distant stars: light comes continually from multiple stars in the universe capable of being seen in the Megas IX galaxy. So it would be a constant source of light regardless of location; except for large space object or cloudy weather, possibly when stars are born or die, Home's light doesn't change.

But if Home does revolve around something like a sun or moon, there would be some differences through the day as locations are directed to other areas of space (having more or less stars, and brighter or duller stars etc.). Also, not important, but the Mega Star was originally two stars that collided into one as they (by whatever reason) came to Home.

Luster: The fatigue of his first day and lack of nourishment was noticeable, even on the ground he had fell asleep quickly having few tosses and turns. During the hours he odd dreams as his mind tried to understand, somewhat as if piecing it all together while missing pieces and not much idea about the big picture.

Latest dream was him draining the life of all living things as if he was a sponge, he seen himself as a star but having a body, mind, and soul. In the dream he was less humanoid in appearance, appearing brightly with faded bodily details. As he dreamed his whole being became less stable, feeling the coming destruction of a supernova-type event taking all existence with it. Luckily for him as it seemed he would live his worse nightmare, a second before happening, he awoke breathing heavily and feeling anxious. Immediately after looks around to ensure Coleton is there, says "ARE YOU HERE? Rested enough, lets leave!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "I'm here!" Coleton said noticing Luster's worry. "If you're ready to leave, then let's head out." After saying that Coleton was sure to walk alongside Luster, as they went on. Finally exiting the entryway that they first came through, Coleton looks at the sky, and thinks aloud, "You know, Luster. Stars only do one thing in the sky, they shine. So brightly they could light up the sky. Yeah, Stars are meant to shine, it's what they're best at." Coleton then looked at Luster and asked, "What do you want to do today, friend?"

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: "Walk and talk, live and learn; let us go far around on the ground like them," he smiles and points to two stars near another, though far away. To him the anticipation of their journey together was comforting, especially by side of Coleton who had a way about him. Luster had taken Coleton's words spoken to heart: having less worry not fearing what came from above, but awe of it as he looked up. After the warm moment shared, he asked, "Go around here and find new things, new places?"

OOC: Beautiful post, I like it's meaningfulness. The stars are themselves naturally and fully, it shows for the better.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "Alrighty. Let's head that way!" Said Coleton, pointing north. "Maybe we can find something interesting." As coleton started to walk, he made a point to the eastern sky. "See that Star, Luster?" Coleton pointed a glowing green star. "I remember seeing it at the place where we first met. I think it's following us."
OOC: Thanks, I try my best. The green star isn't actually following them but is over the Mega Star Crater, it's there to lead us back to the Crater. If we follow it, we'll always end up at the Crater. But right now we're heading north, not east. The Star isn't itself green but gives off a green light.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Perplexed, asked in thought, "A living star like them?" Then aloud he said, "Others like us to find--LET'S GO!" Luster wanted to explore this new world where new things like them could exist. As time as gone, though not long, even learning about mysteries of the fragments was on his mind. "Coleton, now it starts, our journey," said as they walked in the star-set of the light above.

OOC: Awesome idea, something straight out of an actual r.p.g. video game. Helpful pointers for players in the game who need it. So it's something near it or between it and Home causing it to seem green? Regardless I like it, my favorite color is green, more green the better. :)

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "Okay, Luster, let's keep heading north for now." After a while of heading in the same direction, Coleton looked and noticed that further north there was a completely different biome, it was a dessert. Filled with sand and nothing much else. "Luster, that's a lot of sand," said Coleton, "we might find something interesting there after all." So Coleton went sprinting forward and noticed that it was a quicksand dessert, but by the time he realized it, he fell through. "Luster don't come!" Said Coleton, trying to yell as loud as he could, but the cave system he fell into was sound proof. So Coleton started to look around and found an entire area very roomy, enough to fit a bunch of things. Quickly Coleton felt a cold chill, and as he turned behind him, he saw a dragon, made of Star Pieces, but twelve times his size.
"It's made of Stars!" yelled Coleton.
OOC: A dragon made out of stars, and probably brought to life when the Mega Star hit. Sorry, it took me so long, I couldn't think of any really great ideas.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Caught off guard, not a thought entered his mind or a muscle twitched in his body; petrified on the spot he stood. Soon as the quicksand swallowed Coleton whole, the twirling and sinking of the ground ceased and gave a serene appearance. Now the tragedy had ended, it wasn't long after when he returned to his senses; having blurry memories, remembering Coleton had yelled something to him. Immediately he thought, "He was yelling for help, but too afraid," as tears of regret poured out and down his face; but eventually as it dawns on him, he lifts his head looking where it happened, then runs and jumps in the air above it yelling "FRIEND!"

OCC: Sorry it took a long time for a response, been feeling sick and this is the first day I've felt well enough to post. Not a problem, it's the same for me too; certain things have been done and it's difficult trying to have ideas that make sense from that point. But it's also on the other end, a new and open world; it requires creating completely new things out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: Coleton stared at the dragon, and it did not attack him, but then coleton moved and it started to chase him down, Coleton ran and ran, through the underground cavern. But then Luster, falling from the sand roof of the cavern, landed in the cave system. And the Dragon stared at Luster for what felt like hours, before rolling over on its belly before Luster.
OOC: Both the dragon, and Luster are made of Stars, the dragon sensed that, and now I guess you have a pet.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Both him and the dragon were on the ground, he stood up from where he fell. He said, "What a creature--he looks friendly," walks slowly to the dragon who itself had a curious look; whether it was how it looked at him or it's appearance. It has rough gray over it's whole body and smooth yellow streaks scattered on his skin, but layers where the roughness and smoothness meet having minor ridges. "What it's name?," a quick look at Coleton as he spoke and reached down to rub the dragon. Also immediately said to the dragon, while rubbing it and having a smile, "Know the way out?"

OOC: Interesting, it's a nice addition to the story. Wonder what abilities the dragon or it and Luster have together. Also have a cave we could explore or quickly find a way to the surface. Plenty of opportunity for creativity in the next posts I think. :)

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "My guess is the only way out from here is up. But if we try the quicksand above us will pull us back down. We could fly out on the back of the dragon, but that's only an option for you Luster, I don't think it likes me very much. No, our best option is to go further down, and maybe further on we'll find a way out. What do you think Luster?"

OOC: Unknown to our characters, what lies below them is a Labyrinth, that changes every time you go in. Sorry, I took so long, I've been having a hard time coming up with ideas lately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: "Looks dark down there, but the dragon's yellow parts are glowing. He's lighting the cave, we can take him to see the way." Turns to the dragon with a puzzling look on his face, thinking to himself about naming him. He decided to just ask, "Dragon do you have a name?" At this moment as he had asked, the dragon stood tall and looked him in the eyes and growls; the cave shook as he stood proud and loud, but Luster understood saying "Your name is--, Drake will you come with us and lead the way?" Not any hesitation, Drake nodded and immediately began toward the opening of the cave, which would take them further inside the unknown. Begins to walk following behind, as he does says "Coleton, let's go!"

OCC: No need to hurry, take your time and post when you're ready. A labyrinth is interesting, could have dangerous creatures or traps, and mysterious artifacts/items etc. (Oh, changing each time we go in. I wonder if for some reason we will need to start again. *dramatic music*) It'll be fun seeing what happens and where it goes.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: Coleton followed alongside Luster and Drake, eventually coming to a deeper cavern entrance where there was a fork in the path, to the left, a brighter light could be seen and to the right an obtuse darkness, "Which way should we go?" asked Coleton, "Hey Luster maybe Drake knows the way."

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Turns his head slightly to the side having a curious facial expression, "Drake can light the way into the darkness. No light makes me think there's more to it." Immediately Drake nudges him, but gently, and then moving his head pointing to the left. Being nudged he shrugged his shoulders, saying "Smart idea, best to follow into the light," turns to Coleton saying, "You're right! He does know the way, let's GO!" Walking quickly behind Drake, when suddenly a large roar echoed throughout from one of the paths. It caused Drake to pause in place, and Luster stopped thinking, "Which path did it come, if the one their going, why would Drake lead them there and what's scarier the other way?"

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "Looks like the path we've chosen was the right one." Coleton following alongside Drake and Luster, eventually came towards the source of the light as they went deeper through the caverns. It was a gem sitting upon a pedestal of rock and clay. As the two got closer the light grew dimmer and dimmer, until eventually only the light coming from Drake was lighting the area. Then Coleton had a vision of an even greater light and knew in his heart what to do. "Whatever you do Luster, don't touch that stone. Something bad will happen if you do, and besides, that's not the light we're looking for."

"We need to find a way out, Drake, From this center room, I see three entrances. Do you know which one leads out? Luster, could you take Drake and get on his back. I have a bad feeling about what's going to happen now. I'll walk alongside you through whatever path he picks."

OOC: They're in a room with three paths to take, and the labyrinth only goes deeper from here for awhile. I have a few good ideas now. This should be fun! But it's important that Luster rides on the back of Drake for now. I'll show you why in a few posts.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: What was an imaginative world of possibility, now has a sense of not only mystery but urgency. They are lost underground in an unknown cavern of many paths and dangers. All he could do standing in the darkness, just lit by Drake, is only guess about the gem and where the paths would lead them. So he believed it best to listen, gets on Drakes back and he takes them both toward the entrances. As they near, Luster says, "Which way is it?" and Drake answers looking slightly back with a turning of his neck along with a gentle roar; then they go straight into the path centered among the three.

Soon later, near where they entered Luster asked, "Coleton where do you think could be ahead and when will we return to the surface? I miss the world above, it's openness and brightness. We can't see the stars down here," said having a heavy face of worry by the gravity of their situation.

OOC: Great! I can hardly wait to see what ideas you have. I think we just needed to throw caution to the wind and see where it leads us. Any idea is worth exploring and all that's necessary is go as far with it as possible (each post furthering the story and characters). So don't hold back on your ideas. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "I don't know, Luster. I miss the sky too." Coleton continued walking alongside Drake, and they eventually were led to an upward spiraling staircase made of rock and clay that led to an upper room. As they went onwards into the upper room, it felt like forever had passed. Eventually reaching a room filled with mole-like creatures that glow in the dark, and Coleton went to one of the hundreds of mole-like creatures and petted it and said, "They're friendly!" Then a humongous lion-like creature made of star pieces came through the wall roaring. "That's not friendly", said Coleton. Then Coleton received a vision, and saw the very same lion-like creature terrorizing the mole-like creatures, and knew what he had to do.

"We have to defeat that thing!" said Coleton to Luster.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: The beastly giant lion-like creature leaped where it stood at Luster and Coleton, "DRAKEEE!" Immediately Drake dashes into it with a headbutt knocking it back, the creature from mid-air hits the rubble. Emotions all up and down, facing a deadly huge lion-like creature and being saved by Drake; Luster frantically looks at Coleton, says, "What is--, we're alive."

Then, "ROOAARRR", the beast stood up and none the friendlier; this time his sight was on Drake. As if he was on a mission, carefully side-steps to the right and as it moves keeps focused on Drake; suddenly "ROAR!" and it rushes toward Drake and stops short, side-stepping to the left and with it's claws strikes the front right leg. Immediately after distancing itself, as Drake limped with a extremely painful look on his face and blood gushing out the large claw marks. Concerned for him, Luster shouts, "NO, YOU CAN DO IT! DON'T GIVE UP!"; turns looking to Coleton, "What can we do, is there any helping him?"

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Coleton looks at Luster, and simply says, "What do stars do best?"

OOC: They shine and since Luster and Drake are made of Stars, they can shine very brightly. But so can the Lion-like creature, to defeat or repel the Lion-like creature, you need to combine the shining of Luster, and Drake, with the power of both of their lights, it should be enough, so Luster needs to get on the back of Drake if he already isn't.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: An enlightening moment, he looks at Coleton and yells "STARS SHINE BRIGHTLY!" Immediately runs toward the injured Drake, the Lion-like creature came standing in the path. Though he was fearful, no doubt the only way was to go forth courageously. Continued running straight to his new friend, letting him know he was coming to his side, "DRAKE, I WILL BE THERE!"

Approaching the beast where it stood, it not any longer was waiting as it rushed forward. Any distance was closed, the beast lifted his giant paw and swiped at him; Luster dodges but stumbles and rolls under the creature. It angrily with fierce intensity jumped backwards, just enough to have sight on him. Before Luster could respond returning to his feet and get away, the creature again lifted it's paw to attack. In Luster's mind was thinking it was the end, immediate fear and sense of death overcame him; then suddenly hope wasn't lost as his friend came for him.

Drake from behind, with all his strength came in the air and landed atop the Lion-like beast; it fell on the spot and him to the side. Both looked dazed as the beast was caught off-guard, and Drake continuing to feel the effects of his injury. Luster seeing this believing this was the moment quickly gathers himself together, and runs to Drake. Having tears in his eyes, reaches for him and soon as his hand touches; a light appears and fearfully moves his hand back. But he notices something, Drake began to move as if new strength were in him; so Luster remembering Coleton's words climbs atop the back. When he sat still as one with him, the light returned brightly and miraculously, "ROOAARRR!" as Drake recovered standing over the creature.

OOC:
Sorry, I lost internet for a few days unexpectedly. So it took longer than usual to respond.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: It's okay.

IC: "Good Job, Luster, Drake." And the multitude of Glow-Moles gathered to Luster as if to thank him and Drake, and they all poked out their drill-like bones out of their skin and started to dig an enormous hole straight downwards by spinning their bodies around in circles.

"Let's go, Luster, maybe this will lead us out." So Coleton jumped into the hole.

Upvote 0