Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Home is a planet within the Galaxy of Megas IX, Megas IX is within the Shining Star Universe, which is contained within the Blue Multiverse, which is in the Reality known as The First.
The current Dimension is named Bubblegum. The Date is January 1st, 1 BC. Time has not begun. The time, in the beginning, will be 12:00 AM CST. Time will pass at five minutes per post unless otherwise stated in the post. Please do not Distort Time, Time traveling is not allowed in this world, Magic is banned. Miracle Power is permitted. Time will start after the first reply.
OOC: This thread is part of The "Reality Project" for more info please visit The Upcoming "Roleplay Club" Thread to learn about how the reality project works.

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IC: In the Shining Star Universe the stars are uniquely brighter, emanating strong energy across the galaxies and stars are greatly multiplied; each day as new stars shine into existence, the old are unstable, shooting through galaxies falling on worlds and in the Megas IX galaxy least one to two a day. The impacts have shaped Home as a world of craters, where life is difficult above the surface as the life is threaten from above; except it comes with a miraculous gift for those who know how to harness the fragments of the radiating debris.

All creation is sourced from nearby stars in the sky, and those that fall; the energy which causes stars to shine brighter and grow quicker has a similar effect on worlds. Why this is the cause, and how it happens is unknown; only through an adventure of explorations and discovery can the truth be revealed.

Now time has begun as two stars this day had collided and meld into one; it's course was Home and when it impacted it shook the world to it's core. The combined energy of the mega star began at once transformed deserted world with wild life; lands and oceans, animals deep below and high above with those on land. A new bright world for young travelers yet brought into existence, but soon the miracle that created the animals will let it be so at the creation point of Mega Star Crater.

OOC: New characters can be linked at the location of the crater starting next post. Also being a fictional reality, your characters created or animals discovered don't have to be human or real. But try to fit your character or animal to the reality of this world; plus be careful not to have an extreme of an overpowered character or extreme animal, an example is discovered a dragon one post and it has the power to destroy the world by your command etc.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: Found himself in the Timeless Plains, chasing after the Mega Star before it landed. "The Materials from this one could build me a City! Yeah, Mega Star City! I like it!" However, when he was finally catching up with the Mega Star, It collided with the world and sent him flying miles and miles across the world, as he woke up, he realized that he had lost all memories but his name. His past, and everything he knew was gone.
All he knew was his name, and his urge to chase Stars. So he set out on a journey across the world and eventually came across the Mega Star Crater. Not knowing anything other than his name, he dived into the crater to see what has landed.
OOC: Brotherly Spirit do not be alarmed, this is the prequel to our practice story, this comes before our practice. The truth is the story I had planned out for my IC in practice was that he had amnesia too. Also, our practice has changed in the storyline, instead of meeting you years after in an alternate timeline where the Mega Star never hit, The Mega Star did hit, and we met earlier. is that okay with you?
Also if we do build Mega Star City, it could be like that advanced before it's time city you were asking about. That would be really cool. Oh, and if you're wondering how he survived, you'll find out once his memories return. It's actually really cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Linking Luster

Luster: Came into existence engulfed in bright light as it hovered him off the ground. As his eyes slowly opened he was lowered to clear ground, except near star fragments strangely glowing lightly. when he was fully conscious on the ground, a whisper of light like a laser struck his forehead and his name was known to him as Luster.

The fragments ceased visible signs, appearing as ordinary rocks; he wasn't sure how to understand, he took them into his hands, saying "I am Luster?, I am Luster--OOUCCH;" the agony of growing pains shot through him, "HELP LUSTER, ME!" Soon after it had ceased and he fell to the ground on his knees and hands; rolled over to his side looking around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC:"Wow, this is huge, I wonder what it is!" said he as he looked at the Mega Star. Then he heard a scream, and he jumped out of the crater to try and help. "I'm here! What's going on!?" Quickly he thought, and said aloud, "Wow, were you just born today? Happy Birthday!" Then he said, "Wait a minute you're in pain! What can I do to help!?"
OOC: Just a hint to his species, but Coleton can't hide his thoughts, he always says them out loud.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Though he had grown tremendously within a short span, from an infant by comparison to a toddler; least by the standards of his species. This initial growth spurt began painlessly as he was hovered, as if somehow the bright light had alleviated his pain; but as to what it was, which lowered him to the ground had begun to fade as then seen fragments below shined lightly: those pieces before ceasing visible signs, had lifted the young Luster to his feet as he was struck; the fragments not long after but a moment later had lost it's glow, and he felt the weight of both his existence and the world as he had fell.

While on the ground looking around, having a side view, young Luster was awed by his surroundings; what was earlier a decimated ground by the impact, was brought to life before his eyes, grass sprouted from the dirt sparkling and trees the same: among those were vegetation bearing life of various vegetables and fruits.

It dawned on him there must be a connection, the fragments and life: especially his as he remembered certain parts of what he experienced, flashing in his mind the memories of what he felt and observed; the sense that something out of this world was responsible. Before he concluding, the best any toddler could regardless, another new life came in front of him; surprisingly flashy but different than what else happened, like him a humanoid leapt from the crater depths beyond it's outer rocky edge to him.

This newly sighted humanoid questioned the young Luster, who struggled to understand what was asked of him while continuing to feel some pain from before; but he was able by carefully listening as he observed, was learning and said, "I Luster born today. Yes pain but--(looks away to vegetation, indicating hunger)."

OOC: Noticed some inconsistencies and lack of clarity in my previous post. I decided with the first paragraph of this post to address it. Then from there, continue where your post left in mind. Hopefully it's not too much reading, I didn't expect it to be a long paragraph or to have many as three added.

That's interesting as to why a species would lack the capability. What comes to my mind is a highly social collective of telepaths, who adapted to heavily rely on each other: so they gained telepathy to have the openness necessary for social order (needed level of trust for survival).

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: Yeah, but it wasn't telepathy exactly. Each member of Coleton's race, possessed the ability NOT to read minds, per say, but to read the Thoughts of a person or being's Heart. Thus as you may have guessed, they were very in tune with the Emotions of both themselves and every other being they came across. Since Coleton can read the thoughts of Luster's Heart, as newly born as it may be, he's more in tune with Luster's feelings. If Luster is hungry, Coleton would know, If Luster was in pain Coleton would also know. Very few races and species can hide their Heart's Thoughts, so pretty much no one can hide from this gift aptly named, "Heart Sight."
Though at the current time, Coleton doesn't know he has this gift. So his use of it is strictly Unintentional and Instinctual.
Don't worry about posting too much to read, I prefer it that way. At least until we have more people, post as much as you want in a single post.
IC: "Follow me, Luster. Maybe we can find something good to eat." Coleton goes over to a nearby tree looking object, and kicks it so the fruit falls, he puts the fruit up to his nose and sniffs it, then he puts the fruit to his ears and listens to it. Then he instinctually throws the fruit away, saying to Luster, "Don't eat that green and purple fruit, with the white stem, it'll hurt because it's not a fruit, it's a very poisonous living being." Then he went around to different trees, and different grasses with herbs and such, and did the same test on them. He went back to Luster and said, "Here, this is good fruit!" handing Luster a White Leaf, two Golden looking peach like objects, and a pile of Herbs with Golden Tips, but a thin Green Stem on each.
"Eat Up! Here you can have it all, I'm not Hungry right now. The white leaf will help with the pain too."

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: So it's empathy, it's the same ability as Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generations. She's half Betazoid and half Human, while Deanna inherit psychic ability she's not telepathic. But on the show her mother who's telepathic can communicate to her by thought, sending her thoughts and reading Deanna's.

Even added a color-code to easily differentiate OOC and IC. Unsure how helpful it was, the idea is similar to having paragraphs to make it easier on the eyes. The thing about role-playing is sometimes all you have in mind is a paragraph long, and other times it's least a few paragraphs. Everything is dependent on where you're at in the role-play.

Luster: Turns his sideways with an odd look on his face, looking at the fallen creature; it was thrown far from the tree it came but was making it's way back, Luster was curious if it was borne like fruit or was tempted by the tree's allure. Once the green, purple, and white ceased moving across the ground: stopping shortly near the tree's stump, appearing as fallen fruit ripen for good eating; Luster returned his attention to Coleton.

It was noticed by him, least in his mind, his new companion seemed determined to ensure his well-being. The fellow was methodically searching for something, until he found what he must had sought; as he made his way back, Luster was awed it all: the compassion of Coleton and the elegance of the fruit. When Coleton returned, Luster took the golden white leaf fruit, saying "It is White Gold!", and the other too saying "It is Golden Tips!" Soon after was bringing the fruit up to eat, when suddenly the sparkle glow faded as he felt the familiarity of energy flowing through him; the color washed and life drained, White Gold and Golden Tips so full of life now shriveled.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: Empathy yes, but an advanced form of Super Empathy.
IC: "Luster...I'm sorry for the loss of food." said Coleton. Then he looked back to the Mega Star Crater and had an out loud idea. "If you can't eat food, then what about minerals from that huge rock!" Quickly Coleton jumped into the crater and pulled out a Blue Diamond Shaped Mineral. And went to Luster.
"Here try this! Maybe It will work."
OOC: Maybe a Starry eats what comes from stars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Starry species absorb star sourced energy from everything for bodily function. So while Luster didn't physically eat it, unintentionally his body nourished itself from a nearby source. But a direct source, who knows how it'll affect him.

Luster: His body after absorption soon dulled the pain, ridding him of it completely. But he was at a place of loss himself, witnessing the affect he had on the life in his hands. Not knowing how he was capable of such a thing. Luster, both sadden and fearful, worried what else can happen (least as much as a young starry could understand it).

As Coleton spoke, he returned his attention to him respectfully; was being given a fragment, except it was unique as it was different apart from the previous. The blue diamond shaped mineral glowed with the life of light as the others before it, but more splendidly as it reflected through the clear blue surface lighting brightly in it's colorful wonder the things near. Luster hesitant to cause what happened, says, "Save it!" Then once again looks around; starts walking slowly away, stopped and looked at Coleton with an innocent but doubtful-looking face as if to ask: "Now what, where do we go, or perhaps himself what is he and where does he belong?"

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: So he did eat them, or absorb the nutrients from them. I thought he just saw them die in his hands. But he actually absorbed them. That's cool!
IC: "Okay, I'll save it! There were plenty more within that huge rock, so we can always come back here later." Then Coleton looked at the sky, and saw a shooting star, and started to remember something.
"Coleton, why do you chase Stars?" That thought ran through his head and caused him to remember what part of his part of his purpose was, then he thought aloud, "Because I put something in a Star!" Then Coleton turned to Luster and spoke, "There's a certain mineral that can store information, and I put some important information onto it, then hid that mineral on a Yellow Star. Luster will you help me find that Yellow Star? It's a unique star that only falls once a year but always goes back to space."
OOC: That Yellow Star isn't exactly a Star. It's a special lifeform, called the Currier. Though Coleton doesn't know that yet.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Having his attention on Coleton, who had looked up done the same. A living star far above shot across, it was out of this world and inspiring to Luster. While himself had felt out of place, not knowing where he belonged or relation to the star fragments; he was comforted by the fact he was there, with his newly acquired companion, and witnessing the beauty of life above as they had below of the life created. So when Coleton had explained and then asked him to journey alongside, his heart leapt in joy; excited where it could lead them, responses with an adorable demeanor from his jumps in place, to the flailing of his arms, the squeezing of his eyes and closed little mouth with an uplifted face: looks at Coleton and nods approvingly.

OOC: Yes, his body is capable of absorbing star's energy as a consequence of his creation: relation of his existence to the Mega Star, which life sprung such as the White Gold and Golden Tips. Anything affected by the fall directly or indirectly has traces of the star (it's energy, inherent or byproduct).

That's interesting, but don't spoil too much. ;)

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "Thanks, Luster. For now, let's focus on working together in order to make it to space one day. I know! We can build some shelter from the Huge Star over there."
OOC: I think it's time we built Mega Star City, starting from a humble two-person home, all of the way to the full-fledged city, also, I think we should find the technology to make a Star Sheild to keep stars from landing anywhere in the city.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: Late during the night, they sought shelter to rest before dawn. Though the impact had created a large crater, it too spread debris of various sizes; some as tall and wide as three to four meter. He listened and followed Coleton to couple nearby, chunky rocks lacking any inner space; except the two laid upon the other, side to side at the top, leaving an opening at the bottom.

Luster as he looked says, "Light in there," as he points seeing the natural structure light the way as star's energy continues to radiate through and from the debris visibly. Continuing to be excited at the idea of traveling, he wanted them to explore and not thinking at the moment had rushed forward, then quickly stopped steps ahead and turns to Coleton saying "Go?"

OOC: It would help to have something capable of protecting an area. Not any other way to allow for the continued existence of life, least not to flourish and progress. Just need to as you said start with us getting there eventually; much exploration, knowledge and understanding of this world is necessary. Possibly the Mega Star fragments and/or debris would be useful somehow in the future; creating a natural barrier from it around the area or it naturally does so now. Depends how the role-play goes and which way it's decided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Okay, I'm curious what type of technology will develop here. But I don't want to be spoiled. lol

Luster: Soon as he heard to go, continued ahead slowly as his eyes aimlessly searched. Not far from the entry, Luster quickly noticed debris spread throughout; thought to himself, "Hard everywhere, where we rest?" as he waited for Coleton coming shortly behind. It was obvious they'd need a plan to make it home for the night, but he was scared to act alone; having a flashback of the fragments and pain, then the fruit and death that followed.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IC: "It is pretty hard, huh? We're going to need somewhere soft to lay our heads." As they headed deeper into the entryway, the luminous glow from the diamond-shaped mineral became more and more apparent. It was darker in the place than it was outside of the entryway, but the mineral gave enough light for two people, as Luster and Coleton made their way deeper into the depths. Eventually, Coleton stared into the mineral, and an idea flashed into his mind. Quickly he picked up a small rock and broke a piece off from the mineral.
"Luster, do you know that when a star lands, it makes the ground softer? I'm going to take this small fragment of mineral, and do that to this ground."
So Coleton, smashing the fragment into the ground with a powerful force, created a soft area big enough for one person.
"Go ahead Luster, get some rest, I'll keep watch, I'm not that tired anyway. I'll wake you if something happens."
OOC: Since we don't have the technology to tell time yet, we have to rely on each other, and since there's no sun in the Shining Star Universe, we have to learn to read the stars or something.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luster: First time it came to mind, what type of humanoid is his companion? Not knowing how much was the fragment containing special qualities, or Coleton himself displaying strength: thought to himself, "Very strong, it or him? Star is a special thing, him too (looks at him and smiles), and looks different." Then as Coleton had spoke about a night's rest, the previously energetic Luster felt the heaviness of the first day; he was a newborn of this world, met a new companion, and have begun to explore all the wonder of life from above and around. Now tired, "Thank you, I need rest," and lies on the soften spot.

OOC: If there's no sun, how does Home have day and night? Does it revolve around anything such as a moon(s)? Possibly rotates around a large moon with a smaller moon too; similar to having a sun and moon, but the light comes from more distant stars which shine bright enough to reach Home. When rotating around the larger moon it either nears or furthers to and from the nearest stars in the galaxy/universe. What do you think?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: Without a sun there usually would be no light to bounce off a moon, therefore the moon wouldn't give light anyway. BUT since there are stars of different sizes, like the Mega Star was a huge star, the light from them would be more than enough to brighten up the sky.
There is no yellow light, but there are always stars bright in the sky. They give off a bright white light. So technically, you could say it's simultaneously always night, and always the day at the same time.
Remember there is a sun-like planet in the same Ion Zone, but it is still too far away from home to give it a daytime.
IC: Coleton, looking at Luster, smiled. And thought quietly, out loud, "Why am I still not hungry or tired?" so as not to wake Luster. "What should I do?" Then Coleton closed his eyes, for a moment, and saw a great light like never before. This vision surprised Coleton as he thought aloud, "Am I dreaming, but I'm not asleep."
Quickly Coleton opened his eyes, and he realized something inside, that before did not make sense.
"What am I?" he asked.
Three hours passed, as Coleton was sitting cross-legged, still not in any way tired or hungry or even thirsty at all.
Just waiting for something to happen, he waited for Luster to get enough rest.

Upvote 0