✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey All,

Like this topic suggests, I am new~ I've been looking for a way to connect to fellow Christians since the state of the world has prohibited me from attending church to directly congregate with my community.

I am a very recently born again Christian. I was raised Roman Catholic, then became an atheist right before entering high school, up until last year. God sent us a grand delusion and here I am. After a painful divorce from my ex-husband and years of therapy for my persistent depression, I was able to pull myself out of it and heal almost everything that I was carrying with me all my life. Unfortunately it was through New Age spirituality, but thankfully for not too long. I finally came to realize it was God's grace that put me on such a path in my life that I was able to overcome my suffering and turn to the one I needed most! I cannot sing enough praises for the wonder that He has done for me. Of course I dealt with an abundance of shame and guilt for having turned from Him for so long, but like the Prodigal Son, I was welcomed home with wide open arms. It feels great and I have been working on my relationship with Him ever since.

I currently live in Canada, just outside of Toronto. I am a huge lover of tea, I love herbalism, gardening, photography, travelling, reading, music, seeking the truth, and Jesus

I look forward to interacting with you all

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey All,

Like this topic suggests, I am new~ I've been looking for a way to connect to fellow Christians since the state of the world has prohibited me from attending church to directly congregate with my community.

I am a very recently born again Christian. I was raised Roman Catholic, then became an atheist right before entering high school, up until last year. God sent us a grand delusion and here I am. After a painful divorce from my ex-husband and years of therapy for my persistent depression, I was able to pull myself out of it and heal almost everything that I was carrying with me all my life. Unfortunately it was through New Age spirituality, but thankfully for not too long. I finally came to realize it was God's grace that put me on such a path in my life that I was able to overcome my suffering and turn to the one I needed most! I cannot sing enough praises for the wonder that He has done for me. Of course I dealt with an abundance of shame and guilt for having turned from Him for so long, but like the Prodigal Son, I was welcomed home with wide open arms. It feels great and I have been working on my relationship with Him ever since.

I currently live in Canada, just outside of Toronto. I am a huge lover of tea, I love herbalism, gardening, photography, travelling, reading, music, seeking the truth, and Jesus

Hi Alka;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course I dealt with an abundance of shame and guilt for having turned from Him for so long, but like the Prodigal Son, I was welcomed home with wide open arms.

Indeed He always does, Alkaloid. Welcome to this community. :)

I am a huge lover of tea, I love herbalism, gardening,

Herbalism. That sounds interesting. Do you mean just being able to identify species of herbs, perhaps? Or something more?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey All,

Welcome!

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?
I've recently started listening to worship music and have found a few songs and groups/artists that I'm liking. I'm always open to finding new things to listen to

Herbalism. That sounds interesting. Do you mean just being able to identify species of herbs, perhaps? Or something more?
Yes! I'm working on learning about herbs, being able to identify them, but also know more about their medicinal uses. Because I love tea so much (I used to work for a tea store before covid started), I realized that they're basically drinkable medicine or supplements. I also just love knowing that God gave us everything in nature to help us heal ailments, sickness, and for preventative measures too! There's just so many to know

Thanks for the big welcome, all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hey All,

A very warm welcome to you alkaloid from all of us!
I hope you will feel at home here on the forums.
God bless.

Upvote 0