secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I created this account just so I could post this honestly.

I suffer from OCD and intrusive thoughts, and its severely impacting my religious beliefs. Some of my worries include accidentally praying Bad Things or praying to.... a certain bad guy in Christianity (don't wanna say the name because anxiety sorry).

But yeah, I had intrusive thoughts tonight that totally play up that fear and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm scared I made a promise that I absolutely do not want to keep to God (a promise to severly hurt myself/get hurt severely) and I'm scared I may have accidentally made a vow to.... the bad guy I can't bring myself to say the name of.

So please, I ask for prayers to keep me safe. Please pray to keep me safe spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. Please also pray for me to be released from my horrible intrusive thoughts. Thank you so much for anyone who does this for me, I really appreciate it.

Edit: I also appreciate anything in your prayers that you feel may help me that I may not have mentioned. I'm sorry as I'm posting this I'm really freaked out heh..

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I created this account just so I could post this honestly.

I suffer from OCD and intrusive thoughts, and its severely impacting my religious beliefs. Some of my worries include accidentally praying Bad Things or praying to.... a certain bad guy in Christianity (don't wanna say the name because anxiety sorry).

But yeah, I had intrusive thoughts tonight that totally play up that fear and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm scared I made a promise that I absolutely do not want to keep to God (a promise to severly hurt myself/get hurt severely) and I'm scared I may have accidentally made a vow to.... the bad guy I can't bring myself to say the name of.

So please, I ask for prayers to keep me safe. Please pray to keep me safe spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. Please also pray for me to be released from my horrible intrusive thoughts. Thank you so much for anyone who does this for me, I really appreciate it.

Edit: I also appreciate anything in your prayers that you feel may help me that I may not have mentioned. I'm sorry as I'm posting this I'm really freaked out heh..

Thanks for your honesty. You need to know that not all thoughts originate with you. Satan can inject thoughts into the mind. If we accept the first thought, it makes the way open for others. You need to reject every thought that is contrary to your own will.

Have you been involved in the occult? That will induce all kinds of mental problems, including OCD. Let me know and I'll talk you through how you can be free.

More than anything else, you need to know the truth. The truth sets us free. Do you talk to God? Do you ask for His help? Is Jesus your saviour and Lord? If you want real help, only Jesus can set you free. If you read your Bible you may recall that Lord Jesus delivered a man who had a legion (around 6,000) demons. No one is too far in bondage that Jesus cannot set him free.

If you've said anything that bothers you, confess it as sin. God will forgive you. Then refuse to think about any more. Thank God and Jesus as often as you can for saving you. Tell Satan that he no longer has permission to mess with your mind. Then get positive. Think about the good things that Jesus has done for you. He died in your place. How good is that! Be assured that God loves you. Thank Him often for that.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your honesty. You need to know that not all thoughts originate with you. Satan can inject thoughts into the mind. If we accept the first thought, it makes the way open for others. You need to reject every thought that is contrary to your own will.

Have you been involved in the occult? That will induce all kinds of mental problems, including OCD. Let me know and I'll talk you through how you can be free.

More than anything else, you need to know the truth. The truth sets us free. Do you talk to God? Do you ask for His help? Is Jesus your saviour and Lord? If you want real help, only Jesus can set you free. If you read your Bible you may recall that Lord Jesus delivered a man who had a legion (around 6,000) demons. No one is too far in bondage that Jesus cannot set him free.

If you've said anything that bothers you, confess it as sin. God will forgive you. Then refuse to think about any more. Thank God and Jesus as often as you can for saving you. Tell Satan that he no longer has permission to mess with your mind. Then get positive. Think about the good things that Jesus has done for you. He died in your place. How good is that! Be assured that God loves you. Thank Him often for that.

I am a fan of divination and such, however I am refraining from doing any of my own as of right now and go to others for readings. Im also trying to mix my divination practice with Christianity (im too sleepy to properly explain it too well, but a big reason I fully converted to Christianity was because I came across Christian divinationists who helped me think further about my religious beliefs and guided me towards a church I feel very comfortable at). Also while my OCD does certainly play into my spirituality and religious beliefs, it is not a result of it. Ive had OCD and mental illness symptoms my whole life.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am a fan of divination and such, however I am refraining from doing any of my own as of right now and go to others for readings. Im also trying to mix my divination practice with Christianity (im too sleepy to properly explain it too well, but a big reason I fully converted to Christianity was because I came across Christian divinationists who helped me think further about my religious beliefs and guided me towards a church I feel very comfortable at). Also while my OCD does certainly play into my spirituality and religious beliefs, it is not a result of it. Ive had OCD and mental illness symptoms my whole life.
Did you know that the Bible forbids divination and all occult practices? Is one or both of your parents involved in the occult? My mother was and I suffered a great deal as a result. She had no idea it was in any way wrong. Occult problems can be passed down to the next generation.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you know that the Bible forbids divination and all occult practices? Is one or both of your parents involved in the occult? My mother was and I suffered a great deal as a result. She had no idea it was in any way wrong. Occult problems can be passed down to the next generation.

The bible forbids certain types of divination. Im not someone to ask about this in detail because my knowledge of it is quite limited, but after talking to Christian mystics and my pastor Ive been told its fine as long as Im careful about it. When I return to my own readings, I will consult in God and his angels only. I have no intentions of doing otherwise. As for readings from other people, I trust my intuition and dont consult in people who give off bad vibes or deal with negative spirits. As of now, I am careful about my practice, in fact it actually led me TO become a devout Christian.

I appreciate the concern and Im sorry for your negative experiences, but I firmly believe my divination interest is okay after thinking about it and talking to my pastor and Christian mystics about it.

My issue is firmly in dealing with my mentsl healths effects on my religious beliefs. I struggle with intrusive thoughts and repetitive prayer, a result of my OCD that ive had symptons of my whole life. My interest in divination is very new compared to my OCD which I had diagnosed when I was 12 as a result of a very poor mental state at the time that was completrly unrelated to divination or occuly.

I appreciate your concern and I respect your choices to not get involved with any sort of occult or divination, but I firmly have to disagree personally that its always wrong.

My request was for prayers to ensure that my intrusive thoughts leave me, and that God keeps me safe despite my fears. My OCD has been very debilitating my whole life, which left it a perfect target for the enemy to play with my mind.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The bible forbids certain types of divination. Im not someone to ask about this in detail because my knowledge of it is quite limited, but after talking to Christian mystics and my pastor Ive been told its fine as long as Im careful about it. When I return to my own readings, I will consult in God and his angels only. I have no intentions of doing otherwise. As for readings from other people, I trust my intuition and dont consult in people who give off bad vibes or deal with negative spirits. As of now, I am careful about my practice, in fact it actually led me TO become a devout Christian.

I appreciate the concern and Im sorry for your negative experiences, but I firmly believe my divination interest is okay after thinking about it and talking to my pastor and Christian mystics about it.

My issue is firmly in dealing with my mentsl healths effects on my religious beliefs. I struggle with intrusive thoughts and repetitive prayer, a result of my OCD that ive had symptons of my whole life. My interest in divination is very new compared to my OCD which I had diagnosed when I was 12 as a result of a very poor mental state at the time that was completrly unrelated to divination or occuly.

I appreciate your concern and I respect your choices to not get involved with any sort of occult or divination, but I firmly have to disagree personally that its always wrong.

My request was for prayers to ensure that my intrusive thoughts leave me, and that God keeps me safe despite my fears. My OCD has been very debilitating my whole life, which left it a perfect target for the enemy to play with my mind.
You won't get free until you deal with the cause. Don't take my word for it. Look up what the Bible has to say about divination. I knew that you had an occult problem. That's because God showed me. He wants to set you free. If you are happy the way you are, that's your choice. But you will live with the consequences.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You won't get free until you deal with the cause. Don't take my word for it. Look up what the Bible has to say about divination. I knew that you had an occult problem. That's because God showed me. He wants to set you free. If you are happy the way you are, that's your choice. But you will live with the consequences.

I appreciate the concern, and I agree the way Ive practiced divination up to this point was harmful. However, Im trying to go about it in a way that is much healthier for me and follows Gods will, and Im doing this through the guidance of other Christian divinationists and my pastor giving the okay. Ill take you noticing the divination thing as a sign to not fall into the harmful path I was on before finding the Christian mystics who helped guide me on a path towards God (had it not been for these Christian mystics, Im not sure I would have becone Christian at this point or worked up the courage to visit my church for tge first time).

As for the root of the problem, its my brain. I have mental health issues and emotional trauma stemming from my childhood. Im trying to fight this root issue and heal from these things, its just a matter of getting through my OCD/panic attacks right now until I am healed.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I appreciate the concern, and I agree the way Ive practiced divination up to this point was harmful. However, Im trying to go about it in a way that is much healthier for me and follows Gods will, and Im doing this through the guidance of other Christian divinationists and my pastor giving the okay. Ill take you noticing the divination thing as a sign to not fall into the harmful path I was on before finding the Christian mystics who helped guide me on a path towards God (had it not been for these Christian mystics, Im not sure I would have becone Christian at this point or worked up the courage to visit my church for tge first time).

As for the root of the problem, its my brain. I have mental health issues and emotional trauma stemming from my childhood. Im trying to fight this root issue and heal from these things, its just a matter of getting through my OCD/panic attacks right now until I am healed.
I hope you get through. Let me know how you go. I'm happy to help if and when you are ready.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope you get through. Let me know how you go. I'm happy to help if and when you are ready.

As of for now I plan on finding ways of mixing my interest in divination with Christianity safely and healthily. As for intrusive thoughts and repetitive prayer, thats definitely still a work in progress. Perhaps because im progressing in my faith thats why the spiritual attacks such as the one that made me post this thread are coming, and my mental health is an easy weak spot I suppose?

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2019
secret
✟7,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: I calmed down from my OCD attack as a result of those intrusive thoughts. I'm still hoping to get prayers to help combat my OCD however and keep me from having to go through this awful spiritual warfare.

As a side note that may be important to some of yall, since divination/the occult has been brought up, I just want to ask yall to please not attack me for it. If you're interested in what I have to say about that please just read the posts I made before this in this thread. I do plan on further researching it just in case it truly is inherently bad or on the other hand it reaffirms my belief that it is okay as long as its practiced safely. Regardless, if I do stay involved in divination practices I plan on taking the route of being a Christian mystic and fully involving my Christian faith into the practices. I wasn't safe about it in the past, and I didn't involve the Christian faith in my practices due to being agnostic when I started, but the guidance of Christian mystics helped me convert into Christianity so I just struggle to see how its inherently wrong as long as good intentions and safety precautions are involved.

So yeah I'm aware that the divination thing is gonna be an issue for some people, but I just ask for help with my OCD/mental health/trauma issues and how its impacting my relationship with religion. It's not an issue of whether or not I believe or anything btw, its just a matter of working through my fears in general life and how they impact my relationship/trust in God. I believe God is all loving and made me exactly the way He wanted me to be and accepts me for who I am as long as I try to be a good person, however my OCD/anxiety/trauma with how humans have treated me often tries to convince me otherwise which leads to fear of hell and sin.

Apologies if any of my wording is weird, I did not sleep well last night because of the OCD attack and I'm actually going to try to get some more sleep now. Again, thank you for any prayers yall send my way. I want to strengthen my love/trust for God and win my practically lifelong battle against mental health and trauma issues, and I find the two issues go hand in hand (distrust of people due to trauma leading to struggling to fully trust God, OCD/anxiety leading to irrational fears involving sin and other religious issues, etc.).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I agree that the Bible forbids divination. This is actually a forum for offering Christian prayers.

Upvote 0