✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
-

The covenant that Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy mandates the death penalty for certain sins; e.g. murder, rape, adultery, physically attacking one's parents, kidnapping, cursing one's parents, harboring an animal that has killed someone, sleeping with a step mother, inappropriate behavior with animals, perjury, LGBT, blasphemy, failure to observe the Sabbath, sorcery, etc.

However, the very most that the covenant can impose upon violators is just one death sentence; and that's a problem.

Supposing someone commits six acts of adultery. The covenant demands the death penalty for each one of those six acts. Well, the adulterer can be executed only one time which results in leaving a balance of five acts of adultery on the books for which justice goes unsatisfied.

"sorer punishment" speaks of a way to satisfy justice for all six of those acts of adultery instead of just one; same goes for any and all other capital offenses that people might commit more than once.

/

Fortunately for humanity all sins have a remedy that shall remedy their sins:

Mk.3:28 Verily, I am saying to you that all shall be pardoned the sons of mankind, the penalties of the sins and the blasphemies, whatsoever they should be blaspheming.

Jn.1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

No matter how many or how severe they are.

Matt 18:21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Isa 9:6-7 . . For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Prince of Peace. Of the increase of peace there will be no end.

Peace is actually one of the negative aspects of heaven. Things like discord, hatred, factions, cliques, mistrust, prejudice, bias, caste systems, double standards, partiality, favoritism, deceit, surmising, dishonesty, half-truths, gossip, slander, spite, sarcasm, cynicism, ridicule, envy, rivalry, resentment, avarice, greed, gossip, character assassination, fault-finding, hen-pecking, kangaroo courts, complaining, tattling, meddling, confrontations, activism, quarrels, assertiveness, heated debates, chafing, trickery, grudging, stonewalling, bitterness, silent treatments,

. . . revenge, stubbornness, cold shouldering, back stabbing, snobbery, egotism, dominance, demeaning comments, pecking orders, rebellion, arrogance, cheating, attitudes, subterfuge, treachery, betrayal, suspicion, conceit, vanity, superiority complexes, depression, melancholy, panic attacks, bi-polar disorders, antisocial behaviors, sociopaths, crime, war, despotism, oppression, injustice, human rights abuses, character assassination, toxic rejoinders, smart-Alek retorts, snide remarks, etc, etc, et al and ad nausea don't exist there. That could be a problem for people accustomed to life in a society where those behaviors are the norm. They would definitely be a fish out of water.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 33 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,004,090 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Proverbs 15:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 The way of life winds upward for the wise,
That he may turn away from hell below.

Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in My anger, And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#119 - Bookmark.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 14.34.14.png

Upvote 0

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
-
According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of June 19, 2017 @ 07:02 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,271,936 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,271,936 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,398,439,461 people, would suggest something like 60,730 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,530 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 28 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:46 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's wall.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/
And yet not a single person has to go to hell. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. Be reconciled to God. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and YOU will be saved.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
It's easy to assume that only really bad people are in hell. But according to Matt 7:23-27, John 3:3-8, John 3:14-20, John 3:36, 1John 2:2, and Rev 20:11-15, anybody can be there; both the good, the bad, and the not so bad-- bikers, bakers, lawyers, welders, actors and actresses, housewives, bankers, heavy equipment operators, loggers, convicts, celebrities, homeless bums, clergy, prostitutes, drug lords, postmen, Presidents, Kings,

. . . statesmen, astronauts, school teachers, scientists, nurses, doctors, chemists, machinists, carpenters, waiters, hotel managers, cops, judges, nuns, priests, Popes, deacons, salesmen, Miss Americas, news anchors, weathermen, and birdwatchers, et al --people from every walk, every career, every religion, every culture, every language, every ethnic, every craft, and every status: they're all down there.

Because when you strip away their gender, their titles, their distinctions, their privileges, and their entitlements; and stand them before God naked; people are only flesh and blood creatures-- naked apes, just human beings; and human beings are intrinsically sinful beings.

Gen 8:21 . . Man's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.

Ps 58:3 . . Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

Eph 2:3 . .We were by nature objects of wrath.

/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
People tend to avoid thinking about the hereafter. Thus they become like a frog boiled to death by starting it out in cold water.

Eccl 11:9 . . Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes. Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things.

Solomon may not have been 100% right about everything, but he was sure right about that.

Dan 12:2-3 . . Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Rev 20:11-13 . . I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

. . . And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

. . . And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Gabriel Anton, hello;

I look forward to the graphics that you post each day. They give otherwise insipid threads a picture-book quality, which goes a long ways towards breaking up the monotony of page after page of text-only compositions. Thank You.

/

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
POSIT: Christ is compassionate and would never run an eternal torture mill for his lost sheep.

RESPONSE: Yes, that's true. Christ's sheep are perfectly safe.

John 10:27-28 . . My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

However; only Christ's believing followers are accounted as his sheep.

Eph 1:13 . . And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit

Disbelievers have their neck in a noose.

John 3:18 . . He who believes in him is not condemned; but he who disbelieves is condemned already

POSIT: Jesus promised that no one can snatch his sheep out of His hand. This doesn't mean that his sheep don't have the choice to jump out of His hand of their own free will.

RESPONSE: Christ's sheep don't have that choice. The reason being that the Father's free will trumps the sheep's free will.

John 6:39 . .This is the will of the one who sent me; that I should not lose anything of what He gave me

The one who sent Christ has given him sheep (John 10:27-30). Were Jesus to lose one single head of those sheep-- even just one --he would fail as a shepherd to always please the one who sent him.

It is Christ's passion to comply with his Father's will.

John 8:29 . .The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to Him.

Were Christ to fail in any way, any way at all, pleasing the one who sent him. then it would be dishonest of Christ to claim to "always" please Him. Christ might be able to claim pleasing the one who sent him a high percentage of the time, but certainly not always.

The posit is actually a vote of no-confidence in the good shepherd's determination to succeed at pleasing the one who sent him; and reveals a belief that the sheep have enough strength and cunning to circumvent their shepherd's oversight and run off.

Were the good shepherd only human, then I might be inclined to question his competence and agree with the posit that the good shepherd's sheep might get past him and run off. But the Bible teaches that Christ is not only a human, but also the divine architect of the entire cosmos with all of its forms of life, matter, and energy.

So then, the good shepherd has all the powers and abilities of the supreme being at his disposal to utilize in keeping his Father's sheep right where he wants them to be. Surely no one in a right mind would be naïve enough to suggest that the good shepherd's sheep have sufficient powers and abilities of their own at their disposal to overcome Christ's.

But even were the good shepherd's sheep to somehow get past him and run off, his strays wouldn't be up for grabs, no, they would still be his sheep because according to 2Cor 1:21-22 and Eph 1:13, the good shepherd's sheep are sealed; they're proven his and they will never be proven anyone else's. So when round-up time comes, the sheep's lawful shepherd would get them back.

But even were the sheep to somehow manage to escape Christ's hand, they would still have the Father's hand to contend with; and good luck getting past Almighty God!

John 10:29 . . My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

Now, seeing as how the good shepherd has all the powers and abilities of the supreme being at his disposal to keep the sheep, then it shouldn't take too much more to persuade them that it's okay to fully trust in this next statement of his.

John 10:9 . . I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

Were Christ a so-so shepherd; then he wouldn't dare say "will be" saved; no, he'd have to tone it down a bit and say "can be" saved. That would leave him some room for error. But when Christ says "will be" he's claiming a 0.0% failure rate. That's how confident Christ is that he will lose nothing of what his Father has given him.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 36 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 2,186,280 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And yet not a single person has to go to hell. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. Be reconciled to God. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and YOU will be saved.

The word "the" does not appear in the Greek here:
2 Corinthians 6 δε AND συνεργουντες WORKING JOINTLY παρακαλουμεν WE URGE υμας YOU και ALSO μη NOT δεξασθαι TO RECEIVE την THA χαριν GRACE του OF THO θεου GOD εις IN κενον VAIN

"(d) a period of undefined length marked by certain characteristics, such as "the day of small things," Zechariah 4:10; of perplexity and distress, Isaiah 17:11; Obadiah 1:12-
Obadiah 1:14; of prosperity and of adversity, Ecclesiastes 7:14; of trial or testing, Psalms 95:8; of salvation, Isaiah 49:8; 2 Corinthians 6:2;..."

Day - Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

For He is saying, "In a season acceptable I reply to you, And in a day of salvation I help you.Lo! Now is a most acceptable era! Lo! Now is a day of salvation!" (CLV)

Young's Literal Translation
for He saith, 'In an acceptable time I did hear thee, and in ***A*** day of salvation I did help thee, lo, now is a well-accepted time; lo, now, ***A*** day of salvation,' -- (2 Cor 6:2)

For he saith—In an approved season, have I hearkened unto thee, and, in a day of salvation, have succoured thee;—Lo! now, a well-approved season, Lo! now, a day of salvation: (Rotherham)

Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Q: Isn't Judaism as useful as Christianity for sinners seeking God's forgiveness and atonement for sin? Isn't that the whole purpose of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement?

A: Pinning one's hopes on the Day Of Atonement is futile. For one thing: there's no one to perform the ritual seeing as how there is neither a Temple nor a fully functioning Levitical priesthood in Jerusalem at this time. In point of fact, neither of those two essential elements of the Day of Atonement have been in Jerusalem since 70 AD.

There is a special goat involved in Yom Kippur commonly called a "scapegoat" which Webster's defines as a person who is unfairly blamed for something that others have done; in other words: a fall guy. But that does not accurately define Yom Kippur's goat. It's actually an escaping goat; viz: a fugitive.

The people's sins are symbolically placed upon the goat; which is then allowed to take off instead of executed. That means that the people's sins go unpunished and are still out there somewhere hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles.

Yom Kippur then, is not so much a day for absolving the people's sins; but rather, to remind the people that their sins have yet to be brought to justice; and God forgets nothing.

Ex 34:6-7 . . Yhvh, Yhvh God: compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in loving kindness and truth; who keeps loving kindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished

Nahum 1:3 . . Yhvh is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked

Looking at those two scriptures one cannot help but scratch their head and wonder how it's possible that God forgives the guilty, and yet at the same time does not acquit the guilty. Well; the answer to that is: forgiveness and acquittal are two very different things in the Old Testament.

The covenant that Yhvh's people agreed upon with God does not permit Him to expunge their records; viz: forgiveness as per the covenant is merely a reprieve; which Webster's defines as: to delay the punishment of someone; such as a prisoner who is sentenced to death.

Long story short: there's a reckoning coming for Yhvh's people when their covenant will finally get its pound of flesh as per Deut 27:26; however, according to Rom 3:21-26, there is a sacrifice available to the Jews that can do something for them that none of their covenant's sacrifices will ever be able to do: get their records expunged; so that on the books, it will look as if they have never been anything less than 100% innocent.

Ps 32:2 . . Blessed is the man whose sin Yhvh does not count against him

2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them

The koinë Greek word for "counting" is logizomai (log-id'-zom-ahee) which basically means to keep an inventory. Well; I have to say that is really, really cool because when the books are opened as per Rev 20:11-15, there will be nothing listed in them with which God may accuse me. Oh sure He knows for Himself whether I've been naughty or nice, but it's only what's listed in the books that matters.

/

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Individual human lives are of such low value that the most that anybody could hope to die for is just one sin. In most cases; that leaves a pretty large balance to atone for. In contrast; the value of the life of God's son is such that his death can atone for an infinite number of everybody's sins.

The idea that anyone can "atone" for their own sins, whether one or many of their sins, is contrary to the gospel. It sounds like the idea of purgatory.

Serial sinners are up a creek with no paddle because they have but two lives to forfeit for sin-- the life they have now, and the one they'll have later at their resurrection; but unfortunately, one of those lives is ear-marked for Adam's sin so they can't use it to atone for any of their own sins. And when they're resurrected to stand trial at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15; that'll be their last life because according to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29 there's only one resurrection allotted per person. And since the Bible's ratio is one life per one sin, then serial sinners will come up short
and never have sufficient lives to atone for a lifetime's accumulation of sins.

I don't see this "one life for one sin" atonement theory anywhere in Scripture. OTOH, Christ's one death atoned for all human sins.

The dungeons of hell can be compared to a debtor's prison.

● Matt 5:25-26 . .Come to terms quickly with your adversary before it is too late and you are dragged into court, handed over to an officer, and thrown in jail.
I assure you that you won't be free again until you have paid the last penny.

If this passage were referring to hell, then it would appear to be teaching that it is a place or state of existence that people eventually get "free" and out from.

Compare 1 Cor.5:

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Lk.12:57Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right? 58 When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison. 59I tell thee, thou shalt not depart thence, till thou hast paid the very last mite.

"This text has been considered a proper foundation on which to build not only the doctrine of a purgatory, but also that of universal restoration."

"Roman Catholic expositors understand this passage of purgatory; Universalists use it in support of their view of final restoration."

"“What is hell? Tis the separation from the enjoyment that the soul is capable of. They shall not come forth till they have paid the utmost farthing, then shall they receive mercy. For know that God is good, and He will not punish a finite being infinitely.”

"They must pay (as GMac says) the uttermost farthing -- which is to say, they must tender the forgiveness of their brethren that is owed, the repentance and sorrow for sin that is owed, etc. Otherwise they do stay in prison with the tormenters. (their guilt? their hate? their own filthiness?) At last resort, if they still refuse to let go that nasty pet they've been stroking, they must even suffer the outer darkness. God will remove Himself from them to the extent that He can do so without causing their existence to cease. As Tom Talbot points out so well, no sane person of free will (and the child must be sane and informed to have freedom) could possibly choose ultimate horror over ultimate delight throughout the unending ages."

The reason that hell is a debtor's prison is because the only payment for one's sins that God will accept is death. Well; it's death for each sin. So if somebody
has say, 200 sins to answer for, they'll only be able to pay for one because according to Dan 12:2 & John 5:28-29 there is but one resurrection allotted per person; not 200.

I don't see any support in Scripture for this theory that one physical death pays for exactly & only one of a person's sins. That would appear to be a very strange & unusual interpretation of Romans 6:23, which you referenced, if that is where you are imagining the idea. Certainly the verse doesn't say what you are saying, apart from reading your theory into it, between the lines, so to speak.

If absolute justice could be satisfied with torture, then hell's inmates could look forward to a release date. But alas; such isn't to happen because the only "coinage" the
Bible's God is in a position to accept in lieu of their own lives is His son's life.

Since God's Son's life has already been given for all, that is the guarantee that all will be saved. It is only a matter of time until all embrace Him. It is not an issue of if, but when. God will surely not let what His Son's death accomplished go for nought.

Bottom line: Christ's crucifixion is the final option. Those who refuse to take advantage of it, will cross over to the other side in poverty; with literally no way in hell
to pay their debts to God; thus they'll be stuck there.

They'll be stuck there "until" they pay what is owed to God, just like any other sinner who gets saved. God's love doesn't expire at death like the expiry date on a milk carton.

If God does not save all, is it because He is doesn't want to or because He can't?

In Hebrews 10 the one who set aside the entire law of Moses, not just one law, suffered death by stoning.

Hebrews speaks of those who reject Christ as deserving a "sorer" punishment than death by Moses' law, i.e. stoning:

10:28 A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: 29 of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Stoning to death is not a very sore or longlasting punishment. People suffered far worse deaths via the torture methods of the Medieval Inquisitionists and the German Nazis under Hitler.

Therefore, if the writer of Hebrews believed the wicked would be punished with something so monstrous as being endlessly annihilated or tormented, he would not have chosen to compare their punishment to something so lame as being stoned to death. Clearly he did not believe Love Omnipotent is an unfeeling terminator machine or sadist who abandons forever the beings He created in His own image & likeness so easily.

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I know of the pastor who was asked by Audie Murphy's widow Pamela to speak at her husband's funeral. Audie Murphy, as you may already know, was a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and a Shriner; but he wasn't a Christian.

In amazement, the pastor asked Mrs. Murphy why she chose a Christian to speak at her husband's funeral. Though Audie himself wasn't a Christian, his widow was; and she explained that the Hollywood crowd would be there the day of his funeral, and having hob-nobbed with them during her husband's acting career, she was fully aware that many of them rarely listened to something on the afterlife related to Christ's crucifixion. Well . . that day they did, and were very annoyed because they were expecting the usual sappy, feel-good platitudes to which pampered celebrities are accustomed.

Ecc 7:4 . . The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

Some may feel that hell isn't an appropriate topic at a funeral. But I think that, other than Xmas and Easter, you couldn't pick a better time to bring it up, especially since Christ said that the majority ends up there.

Ecc 7:2 . . It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of gaiety, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this seriously.

According to the Bible; not many great people are called. If that's true, then we have to expect that the majority of the world's best and brightest achievers-- the really big names in sports, science, medicine, law, politics, technology, business, industry, religion, entertainment, and education, etc --don't, and won't, make it to safety when they pass on. (1Cor 1:26)

As I watched some of the splendor and pomp of President Gerald Ford's funeral back in January of 2007, I couldn't help but wonder if he was in a position to really appreciate it; as I suspect people in hell would certainly no longer really care anymore whether they were given an unknown pauper's disposal in a City incinerator, or reverently placed in a grand tomb in the National Cemetery with world-wide television coverage.

/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I don't see any support in Scripture for this theory that one physical death pays for exactly & only one of a person's sins.

Justice is sometimes depicted as a set of scales. That's an important legal principle.

Deut 19:21. . Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Ex 21:23-25 . .You are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

The terrorists who flew airliners into the World Trade Center caused the unjustified deaths of more than two thousand people. In order for the scales of justice to balance, those men would have to put two thousand of their own lives on the scales. Well; they each had only one life; so according to Deut 19:21 and Ex 21:23-25 each of those men is indebted to justice a minimum of 1,999 lives.

Bottom line: In order to balance the scales of justice for serial sinners, God requires a mode of punishment that's quite a bit more severe than simply stoning.

/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
#119 - Bookmark.

I have to break topic for this one post, please all, forgive me.

Gabriel I have to thank you for the number of prayers you keep shooting toward heaven for me. I think you might misunderstand me, a bit, and I know I'm a pagan (according to you) because I am a "Catholic," but I still think you've sold me a little short, and I would like to open a conversation with you. I can't as you seem to have that function blocked at your end. Please open it up, or in some other way communicate with me.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to break topic for this one post, please all, forgive me.

Gabriel I have to thank you for the number of prayers you keep shooting toward heaven for me. I think you might misunderstand me, a bit, and I know I'm a pagan (according to you) because I am a "Catholic," but I still think you've sold me a little short, and I would like to open a conversation with you. I can't as you seem to have that function blocked at your end. Please open it up, or in some other way communicate with me.

Peace be with you, my Dear Monk Brendan. Amen.

I am a Christian of the Catholic Faith who is learning the Pentecostal Faith and who is doing Penance for breaking the Rules of this Forum.

Please accept my prayers for you as I am doing Penance.

The Prayers are done out of Love for you.

We all Need Prayers, my Dear Monk Brendan.

May God bless you with His Everlasting Love, with His Everlasting Light, and with His Everlasting Life.
Amen.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 15.33.34.png

Upvote 0