JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-

Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

When people are not sure in their own minds whether they are one of the elect, then I must conclude that they aren't because the Spirit has yet to personally corroborate their selection.

This is a private matter between God and the individual elect, i.e. I'm not privy to the other chosen ones; I'm only privy to my own selection. In the long run, mine is the only one that really matters; at least to me anyway.

/

Right, we don't know who the elect are, apart from our self. I was referring to other people.

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#138 - Bookmark.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 15.24.37.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Isa 14:12-17 . . For you said to yourself; I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars. I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north. I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High.

. . . But instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths. Everyone there will stare at you and ask; Can this be the one who shook the earth and the kingdoms of the world? Is this the one who destroyed the land and made it into a wilderness? Is this the king who demolished the world's greatest cities and had no mercy on his captives?

In context; that passage targets an ancient Babylonian king, but serves to illustrate an important point: hell is a level field. Look around you at the celebrities, the socialites, the news anchors, the politicians, the stock brokers, the Warren Buffets, the Donald Trumps, the empire builders, the financial giants, the television moguls, the movie-makers, the civic leaders, the entrepreneurs, the fashion leaders, the intellectuals, the best-sellers, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers,

. . . the Olympic stars and professional athletes, the Lewis & Clarks, the Charles Lindberghs, the Nobel Prize winners, the astronauts, the Hillary Clintons, the Barak Obamas, the Steve Jobs, the Mark Zuckerbergs, the Regis Philbins, the Oprah Winfrys, Congress, Supreme Court justices, the winners of Oscar and Tony and Grammy awards. In the Bible's hell, those kinds of people are just one more skull in an ever-growing population of losers.

Luke 16:19-23 . .There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

. . .The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham in the distance, with Lazarus by his side.

Can you just imagine that rich man's chagrin to see that homeless bum, who at one time dumpster-dived his own garbage, now in paradise while he himself is in the pits? Isn't it interesting that the bum's name is given, but the rich man's isn't. You know why? Because he's now a forgotten man who no longer matters.

Ps 73:2-17 . . I came so close to the edge! My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such a painless life; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They aren't troubled like other people or plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear conceit like a jeweled necklace, and their clothing is woven of cruelty.

. . .These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! They scoff and speak only evil; in their arrogance they seek to crush others. They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth . . Look at these arrogant people-- enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply . .Then one day I went into your sanctuary, O God; and I understood their destiny.

Ps 37:10-11 . . For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed, you will look carefully for his place, but it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

NOTE: People aren't eo ipso wicked because they're successful. It's success to the exclusion of God that's wicked. Compare Luke 12:15-21 where a successful man is depicted as totally focused on his enterprises while neglecting to give a single thought to his association with God and the hereafter.

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Of all the comments I've ever composed about hell over the years, this one is perhaps the most disturbing; so if there are impressionable young children present, you might want to shoo them out of the room before continuing.

Lorena Bobbitt made news in 1993 by amputating her husband's manhood with a carving knife while he was asleep. She was later acquitted by reason of insanity. Lorena's conduct was by no means ground-breaking. Wikipedia lists a number of such cases involving women mutilating men.

Lorena's conduct was excusable under law because of her mental state; but there are perfectly rational, sane women out and about who would be overjoyed with ecstasy to mutilate a man; for example:

On August 01, 2009, four angry women-- Therese A. Ziemann, 47, Wendy L. Sewell, 44, Michelle M. Belliveau, 43, and Tracy M. Hood-Davis, 30 --were charged in Stockbridge Wisconsin for luring a married man to a motel room where they tied him up and blindfolded him, slapped him around for a while; then removed his knickers and used super glue to attach his private to his stomach in retaliation for two-timing them. I really have to wonder what in God's name is going on inside those women's heads.

According to the Beatitudes (Matt 5:3-11) heaven is a place of peace. Women whose imaginations are laced with wicked thoughts, having hearts infected with a brutal desire to injure men, simply can't go there. They would dislike heaven anyway because they couldn't be themselves there and would never fit in. They would not only be prevented from assaulting men, but they wouldn't even be permitted the cruel enjoyment of chafing men with denigrating remarks, fault finding, and demeaning comments.

The lake of brimstone depicted in Rev 19:20, 20:11-15, and 21:8 is hot enough to ignite sulfur, so that if gorgeous girls like say Beyonce Knowles, Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton are among the lost, they will have to lose their faces and figures yet one more time via a horribly disfiguring mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a hot kettle of molten iron. The lake of flaming sulfur will be a terrible heartbreak for the beautiful people.

In fire and ice, the first parts of the human body to be effected are the extremities: ears, nose, toes, fingers, and lips. And in the case of women, extremities would include their bosom. You twisted, man-hating women out there in cyberspace should be thinking about that. Your first few moments in fire will be the worst part. The first thing to go will be your hair, and then extremities. Your bosom is soft and vulnerable; and will not survive unscathed from total bodily immersion in molten sulfur; and guess which gender of the human race will be responsible for your death via third degree burns all over your entire body; head to foot? A male.

Acts 17:31 . . For God has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man He has appointed, and He proved this to everyone by raising him from the dead.

In the end, it will be the sweet little gentle, turn-the-other-cheek baby Jesus who casts malicious women into the lake and permanently ruins any chances they might have had for happiness in the future. For all eternity, condemned man-haters will grind their teeth with hot tears and white-knuckled fury that they ultimately lost out on everything because of one lone male's obsessive control over their lives; and I have no doubt whatsoever they will entertain years of happy-thoughts dreaming of mutilating Christ should they perchance ever manage to get their hands on him.

NOTE: There will no doubt be some bent noses over this post, and see it as demeaning to women (while conveniently ignoring that it's a double standard to think it's okay to demean men). Well, I have to ask, since when did women become a protected species? Women are not a protected species. There are just as many, if not more, women grieving in hell as men.

You toxic women out there in cyberspace need to keep something in mind. At the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:10-15, you are going to be judged solely on the basis of your life rather than the basis of your looks. Christ is not going to be influenced by the silkiness of your thighs nor the size of your bosoms; no, in point of fact; he will be quite determined to disfigure them.

Rom 2:9-11. .There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: For God does not show favoritism.

Rev 20:15 . . And whosoever's name was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 54 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 3,279,420 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

NOTE: The number above is almost the population of the city of Los Angeles California. By the time 2018 rolls around, that number will increase to 11,842,350 which approaches the combined populations of the cities of New York and Chicago.

/

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the end, it will be the sweet little gentle, turn-the-other-cheek baby Jesus who casts malicious women into the lake

That is what is known as "tough love". Though i don't see any verse where Jesus will do this personally. In Matthew His angels gather people for burning. However the lake of fire is second "death", & as death is to be abolished (1 Cor.15:26) before God becomes "all in all" (v.28), even in all those who were in Adam (v.22), it is death that has a time limit on it, rather than there being a time limit on when people can repent.

"To say that "all in all" signifies "the manifestation of God's supremacy"...is very far indeed from the truth...When we say "Christ is my all," what do we mean? That He is our Lord? Yes, and our Saviour and Friend and our Lover, our Wisdom and our Righteousness, and our Holiness--He is everything to us!...And that is just what God wishes to be and what He will be!...Will He be this only in some? No! He will be All in all!...we have said that when the last enemy [death] is abolished, then the Son abdicates and God becomes All in all. If there were still enmity we might imagine God being over all, but with all enmity gone, it is easy to see how He can become All in all...The "kingdom" is given up to the Father, after all sovereignty and authority and power have been abrogated. What kind of a "supremacy" will God "fully manifest" which has no power, no authority, no sovereignty? Thank God, all these elements, which characterized government during the eons, will be utterly unnecessary when the Son of God is finished with His "mediatorial" work. Instead of God's supremacy being fully manifested at that time, it will be entirely absent, and God, as Father, will guide His family by the sweet constraint of love."

1 Cor.15:22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified." 23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;" 24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power." 25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy is being abolished: death. 27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him." 28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)" (CLV)

If God doesn't save all, is it because He can't or doesn't want to?

"...it doesn't say what most evangelizers of hopelessness want it to say in that regard either."

"It is false, he maintained, to translate that phrase as "everlasting punishment," introducing into the New Testament the concept found in the Islamic Quran that God is going to torture the wicked forever."

1 Jn.2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
If God doesn't save all, is it because He can't or doesn't want to?

I think we can safely rule out "doesn't want to".

1Tim 2:3-4 . . God our savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

1Cor.15:22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified

Though all start out in Adam, not all end up in Christ. People need only be born of a woman to get in Adam. Getting in Christ requires a very different mode of birth.

/

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think we can safely rule out "doesn't want to".

1Tim 2:3-4 . . God our savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

If God "wants all men to be saved", are Judas Iscariot & Pharisees who died in their sins before this was written considered to be "men"? Or does God not want some to be saved? Or perhaps His love has an expiry date like a milk carton?

Though all start out in Adam, not all end up in Christ. People need only be born of a woman to get in Adam. Getting in Christ requires a very different mode of birth.

/

As in Adam all die

Fortunately for men, all their sin debts have already been paid. They aren't liable for 1000 murders if they've committed that many. The bill is already paid.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (Jn.1:29)

"having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." (Col.2:14)

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree,

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Many years ago-- when I was a young single guy in his early twenties, living alone in a cheap rental --as I was listening to a radio preacher talk about hell, something in my mind took over; and I had the strangest sensation of falling off the earth into an abyss and nobody cared, nor did anybody miss me, nor did my disappearance cause any alarm nor make any difference.

The freeways remained busy with frustrated drivers and honking horns, people still got up to go to work, shoppers crowded the supermarkets and department stores, kids caught their buses to school, birds kept right on chirping, grass kept on growing, ocean waves went on rolling onto the beach, trains kept running, airlines kept flying, clouds moved across the sky; and all that.

My absence changed nothing nor disturbed anyone nor anything. The world kept right on turning, clocks went on ticking; and nature and man went right on with their business as usual without the slightest hiccup. At that moment I realized just how alone and how obscure people must feel when they exhale their final breath and cross over to the other side.

Back in March of 2015, Andrew Getty, an heir to J. Paul Getty's oil fortune, died at the age of 47. In life, Andrew had many friends. You know how many accompanied him on his journey across the river Styx? Not even one.

You gotta walk that lonesome valley,
You gotta walk it by yourself,
Nobody here can walk it for you,
You gotta walk it by yourself.

Woody Guthrie

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
When people waken at night within a burning home, and the hallways are obscured by smoke and fire: at that moment, all things-- bank accounts, cars, clothing, mementos, charge cards, pets, taxes, sex, careers, 401Ks, incomes, the glass ceiling, GMO, water on Mars, women's rights, LGBT marriage, Obama care, immigration reform, Hillary's emails, Trump's tweets, ISIS, Kim Jong-un, Dancing With The Stars, who's at fault for Benghazi, the stars in their courses, or who's playing in the Super Bowl; whatever --pale in comparison to the importance of finding a way out before it's too late.

In the face of imminent death; with the flames of hell already licking around your naked legs; it's at a time like that when you'd better hope to God that your spiritual leaders haven't steered you down the wrong road because there will be neither time nor opportunity to seek a second opinion.

/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Q: Doesn't Psalm 139:8 say that God is in hell?

A: The Hebrew word sometimes thought of as hell in that psalm is sheol, which doesn't eo ipso indicate a place of fiery suffering. Technically it simply indicates an afterlife situation where all the dead go-- the young and the old, the good and the bad. The New Testament equivalent is haides; which means essentially the very same thing.

According to Jonah 2:6, sheol is located at the roots of the mountains; which indicates that it's deep in the earth as opposed to the earth's surface.

According to Luke 16:19-31, Luke 23:43, and Acts 2:25-31, sheol is divided into two communities: one for good people and one for bad people. No doubt the psalmist was referring to the good community when he said: "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." The people over in the bad community are not on those kinds of friendly terms with God so you probably won't find Him over there checking in with people from time to time to see if they need anything.

I'd say that the "right hand" of God refers to providence; which of course is something that people in the bad community are deprived. A pretty good illustration of their situation is that of abandoned little motherless street urchins wistfully peering through the plate glass window of a nice restaurant watching people drink and dine upon tasty beverages and savory foods that they themselves can only dream of.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 57 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 3,461,610 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Gen 6:5 . .And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It's freaky to contemplate that the Bible's God has a way to eavesdrop on our mental processes on a level with which we are mostly unfamiliar.

Matt 15:18-19 . . For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart works that defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking his own consciousness.

Jer 17:9 . . The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

There is a part of us that psychology labels the subconscious; which in Freud's opinion is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression. However, the contents do not necessarily have to be solely negative. In the psychoanalytic view, the subconscious is a force that can only be recognized by its effects-- in other words: your mind's thoughts can be construed not as replicas of your hearts thoughts; but rather, as symptoms of your heart's thoughts.

The key word in the above is repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against the accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with the Bible's God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Luke 12:15-20 . . A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. And he told them this parable:

. . .The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself: What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops. Then he said: This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself; You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.

. . . But God said to him: You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?

That is one of the futilities of success in this world. Everybody knows it, but moguls like J.Paul Getty and Warren Buffet never seem to take it to heart until they've got one foot in the grave.

I once heard a story about a very wealthy man who died. His surviving relatives were all called to the reading of the man's will while the media waited outside. When the reading was over, the media asked the man's kin how much he left. They replied: He left it all.

Yes, of course he left it all; even the clothing he wore to his own funeral. The paintings of Gustave Doré, illustrating portions of Dante's Inferno, depict lost souls 100% stark naked-- with nary a stitch --as they should be because no doubt they are.

The Beetles once lamented in song: Money can't buy me love. Well; it couldn't buy them time either-- John is gone, and so is George.

Ecc 2:14-16 . .The wise man has eyes in his head, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both.

. . .Then I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being wise? For the wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered; in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the wise man too must die

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
When people ignore God; they should expect Him to reciprocate.

Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear God. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them. But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

Case in point is Jacob's brother.

"Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears." (Heb 12:16-17)

The koiné Greek word for "repentance" is metanoia (met-an'-oy-ah) which essentially means to change one's mind; viz: to reconsider.

Esau was an okay guy, but he was secular to the bone. He "got religion" right quick when he saw his way of life costing him the blessing; but alas, the poor slob was a day late and a dollar short; so to speak.

Lesson to be learned: The time for people to believe in hell is not when they get there, but before they get there.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 60 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 3,643,800 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
According to Siddhartha Gautama, the inventor of Buddhism, there is no personal "soul" that continues to exist beyond the demise of one's organic body; ergo: one's original self no longer exists after death.

So then in Buddhist rebirth; what is reborn if not the person? Answer: Buddhist rebirth is not a resurrection, rather, a reincarnation; viz: a rearrangement of the karmic matter that was once a particular individual. The complete teaching is a bit complex but in a nutshell, Buddhists can expect to return as either gods, asuras, hungry ghosts, hell beings, animals, and/or humans.

In addition: reincarnation doesn't stop with one event; but is potentially a never-ending cycle of birth, misery, and death called samsara.

Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5-6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back for a do-over because they will have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great White Throne.

/

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
-

Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5-6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back for a do-over because they will have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great White Throne.

The good news is:

1) Souls without a body don't need a physical body to be saved.

2) The Bible does not say there is only one resurrection per person. In fact people that were raised from the dead without immortal bodies in scripture probably died again & will be raised a second time.

3) Those who die a second death in the lake of fire will experience a second resurrection when death is abolished (1 Cor.15:22-28).

"Just as surely as the abolition of slavery entails freedom for those formerly enslaved, the abolition of death entails life for those formerly dead."

Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Q: Seeing as God created us the way we are; isn't He is ultimately responsible for our conduct? After all; we're only doing what comes natural to our species.

A: Some years ago I went into a music store in San Diego and noticed that one of the store's glass display cases contained a rather large variety of curious bottles. So I asked the clerk what they were. He said they were bongs. You mean for smoking dope? I asked. He replied: Yes; that is their purpose. So I responded: But isn't dope illegal? He replied: Yes, dope is illegal, however we don't sell dope; we only sell the means to smoke it. You see; the responsibility for smoking dope was on the end-users of bongs rather than upon the sellers of bongs.

In a similar incident, I went into an electronics store to purchase a mobile CB radio and noticed an array of devices in the display case that I didn't recognize. The clerk told me they were linear amplifiers; which, he said, are devices for boosting a standard 5-watt CB's signal strength. I asked the clerk if that was legal. He said no, it isn't legal to boost the standard signal. However, he said, it isn't illegal to own equipment with the capability to do so. In other words; the law placed the responsibility for boosting CB signals on the end-user of linear amplifiers rather than the sellers of linear amplifiers.

What I'm getting at is: God created humanity with the capability to make bad choices. But at the same time, He created humanity with the capability to make good choices too. In the incident involving the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; Adam chose poorly. Does it make sense to blame God for Adam's choice? No. Adam knew the risk going in; but proceeded anyway.

But you see: so-called "product liability" is a convenient way of blaming others for our own failings. In other words: product liability's proponents insist that the availability of things like forbidden fruit, bongs, and linear amplifiers constitutes enablement. So these days instead of saying "The devil made me do it; therefore my conduct is his fault" now people say "I was provided the means to do it; therefore my conduct is the provider's fault."

Many of the products under sinks and out in garages are toxic; so manufacturers put warning labels on them. They do the same thing with electrical equipment, power tools, and mechanical devices so people can operate them safely and avoid injury. Now; placing those products for sale to the public constitutes enablement, but they're assuming end users are intelligent enough to read warning labels and/or user's manuals. If end users ignore warning labels and the cautions printed in manuals; it's their own fault for being stupid.

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Heb 4:13 . . Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Back in 1968 I was a young 24 year-old welder just starting out in the metals trades. One of the first real welding jobs I landed was with a manufacturer located in one of the buildings that were at one time used for knocking together liberty ships in the old WW2 Kaiser shipyard on a waterfront of the Columbia River in the State of Washington.

One day the manufacturer's layout man was strolling through the shop. He stopped where I was and casually asked me, right out of the blue: "Cliff are you ready for Christ's return?"

Well, the only information I had up to that point as regards Christ was what I learned from nuns in children's catechism. They had never mentioned Christ's return; so the layout man's question made no sense to me whatsoever. But to the point: my initial reaction was fear. And my secondary reaction was anger. So I asked the layout man, in a rather indignant tone: "Why would Christ want to come back?"

You see; I was in no hurry to encounter Christ because I instinctively knew the interview would not be pleasant. Even at only 24 years-old I already had a lot to answer for; and I especially did not want to be confronted with the things I had done in private when I thought nobody was looking.

POPULATION CLOCK UPDATE: 64 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 3,886,720 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since June 19, 2017.

/

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Q: Why does it matter whether Good Friday as crucifixion day is correct or incorrect?

A: Irrational portrayals of crucifixion week contribute not just to the mockery of Christianity the world over; but also to the losing of people's souls in hell; here's why.

Luke 18:14 . . I tell you, this man went down to his house forgiven rather than the other

No; Jesus didn't say "forgiven" he said justified.

The koiné Greek word is dikaioo (dik-ah-yo'-o) which essentially means to regard as innocent.

In order for God to grant the tax man innocence, He couldn't merely forgive him; no, God had to exonerate him; and how does one legally do that without initiating a miscarriage of justice when there is evidence enough to indict?

Well, according to the Bible, Christ was restored to life for our justification (Rom 4:25). In other words; though Christ's crucifixion was sufficient to obtain forgiveness for people's sins; his crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to make it possible for people to obtain an acquittal.

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.

An acquittal can be defined as exoneration; viz: an adjudication of innocence, which is normally granted when there is insufficient evidence to convict. In other words: by means of Christ's resurrection, God was able to cook the books so that it appears the tax collector never did anything bad. On the surface; this looks very unethical, but from the divine perspective it's all on the up and up.

It's not too difficult to appreciate just how serious this is relative to the outside world. If they can be persuaded to mock the sequence of events during crucifixion week, they can just as easily be persuaded that Jesus' resurrection never happened; viz: they will miss the opportunity to get their records expunged and thus be exonerated. A record of their sins will remain on the books, hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles. Out ahead, at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, those books will be opened for review.

Mark 16:15-16 . . He said to them: Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptized will be spared; whoever does not believe will be condemned.

/

Upvote 0