Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 3:23 and the book of 1john says that of course I will die a sinner. 1 John says that if we say we have no sin we are liars. No man can cease to be a sinner it is a fact due to the fall. The good news of the gospel is that Christ died as an atonement for such sin so that there is no condemnation for those with faith in the a Lord Jesus Christ.

Shivascrush- both of your comments are unclear I’m not sure what you’re saying

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2019
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Okay now I see you are not a believer and are here to start some sort of debate I suppose.

Here is what I will say: I am convinced, more than anything in this life, that sin heaven hell are real Jesus is the answer the bible is the word of God. You (or I) could say there is no God, or that the Bible is fake, until we're blue in the face. It doesn't change things one iota. The grass withers and the flower fades but the Word of God endureth forever.

If you're interested in things like debates or Christian apologetics, I would highly recommend the works of Dr. James White, a Reformed theologian.

Sir, I implore you with every fiber of my being, do not harden your heart to God. We can search our entire lives for "the answer" going from one idol to the other the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way for sins to be forgiven, for your burdens to be lifted, for true Love joy and peace.

Again, I urge you to come to God's Word with a softened heart.

I am not here to debate or as some kind of apologist. If you are interested in having a conversation about apologetics in good faith or engaging in some kind of debate I'm sure there are places on this board to do such. I am a struggling Christian enduring what I believe is the chastening of Hebrews 12. If you're only goal is to just troll this thread I don't really see the point. Again sir I urge you with everything in me, soften your heart toward God and repent of sin.

Upvote 0

shivascrush

Apr 16, 2019
Brisbane
✟963.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Okay now I see you are not a believer and are here to start some sort of debate I suppose.

Here is what I will say: I am convinced, more than anything in this life, that sin heaven hell are real Jesus is the answer the bible is the word of God. You (or I) could say there is no God, or that the Bible is fake, until we're blue in the face. It doesn't change things one iota. The grass withers and the flower fades but the Word of God endureth forever.

If you're interested in things like debates or Christian apologetics, I would highly recommend the works of Dr. James White, a Reformed theologian.

Sir, I implore you with every fiber of my being, do not harden your heart to God. We can search our entire lives for "the answer" going from one idol to the other the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way for sins to be forgiven, for your burdens to be lifted, for true Love joy and peace.

Again, I urge you to come to God's Word with a softened heart.

I am not here to debate or as some kind of apologist. If you are interested in having a conversation about apologetics in good faith or engaging in some kind of debate I'm sure there are places on this board to do such. I am a struggling Christian enduring what I believe is the chastening of Hebrews 12. If you're only goal is to just troll this thread I don't really see the point. Again sir I urge you with everything in me, soften your heart toward God and repent of sin.
Don't be so slow to love, and quick to judge.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2019
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Don't be so slow to love, and quick to judge.

Please forgive me for my tone being prideful or self righteous I tend to fall into legalistic thinking sometimes.

Jesus is Lord
Bless you sir hope this conversation helps

Upvote 0

shivascrush

Apr 16, 2019
Brisbane
✟963.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Please forgive me for my tone being prideful or self righteous I tend to fall into legalistic thinking sometimes.

Jesus is Lord
Bless you sir hope this conversation helps
That's alright, I know what it's like to feel like a helpless sinner.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is an accuser of the brethren & he is speaking in this CHRISTIAN THREAD.

Practice discernment saints of God! Put on the full armor of God & stand against the schemes of the devil.

Sanctify them in the truth, Thy Word is truth.

What the Scripture says is true & is not a lie:

This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

As Christians we know when we have sinned. That is why we repent & confess our sins. And we BELIEVE what Scripture says--when we do this in an honest & sincere heart, God knows our hearts. HE IS FAITHFUL & RIGHTEOUS--HE FORGIVES US OUR SINS. Not only that but HE CLEANSES US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

That is what God does in Christ for us. Anything saying contrary is a lie & of the devil. God forgives & cleanses of all unrighteousness. The devil accuses & says we aren't forgiven, there is no cleaning & there is no hope of being forgiven.,

Recognize the difference & continue to walk in the light, having fellowship with our Lord.

Remember Peter & his restoration. He denied the Lord & didn't think he could be used by Jesus again. But Jesus will come alongside each sheep of His & He brings us to an honest facing & then our acknowledgement that we indeed love the Lord. He then heals us & calls us once again to follow Him & be used of Him to see the lost saved & the saved edified & built up in the faith.

Remember Moses & his restoration. God often humbles us & gets us to the point of depending on Him alone rather than our meager resources. Can God use a repentant murderer? Ask Moses. Ask Paul.

We indeed have a God who forgives & then empowers us in our weakness by His grace to continue to be used by Him & follow Him.

Sometimes we forget that we have been cleansed by our former sins & unrighteously dwell on them & then become unfruitful. Cast off the false accusations, brethren & simply follow our Lord once again, ONE DAY AT A TIME, believing His promises! (2 Pet 1:3-11)

Phil 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been perfected, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2019
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Mathetes66 this was very encouraging my minister he told me many of the same things you are a wise man sir God bless you happy resurrection day.

He said the same thing 1 John 1:9. Don’t call God a liar he will forgive! I really need to search my heart and confess any sin and pride I can’t take feeling distant from my savior any more.

Also said to use the armor of God.

Good point about humbling me God has definitely humbled me when I first got saved I was joyful but also still prideful and wanted to do things my way. He will discipline a young prideful believer by taking away his joy until he goes to the father in humility. Oh I pray to have the fruits of the spirit restored please father you are all I want or need everything good is of God.

Satan is indeed accusing me my thinking is clouded he is telling me that God is pretty tough and if you screw up too many times you can’t go to him. Oh the gospel is so simple repent of your sin and turn to Christ. Please God restore me I don’t want my sin anymore I need you father. Please pray for me I am still in a rough place.

God bless you all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2019
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Really you are a wise man my minister has made many similar points in sermon and conversation.

I hope you are counseling young brethren in your church. You know the word of God and fear Him which is the beginning of all wisdom. God bless you sir I appreciate this so much you are a man of God.

Jesus loves you. He is Lord

Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! Praise the Lord for all of us seeing the truth of Scripture & responding to the Lord as He would have us respond rightly. God knows our hearts & we are indeed to put on the full armor of God if we are to walk uprightly in the spiritual battle that is going on between evil and good.

Psalm 32:7-10 You are my hiding place. You protect me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah. The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you & watch over you. Do not be like the horse or mule, which have no understanding; they must be controlled with bit and bridle to make them come to you. Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but loving devotion surrounds him who trusts in the LORD.

Upvote 0