New York
✟8,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Not NYC, rather a rural area, surrounded by fields topped with manure a short drive from the greatness of Lake Erie. I am thankful for the vast feeling of openness my surroundings bring to me. But it's still scary here NY. We are really just a mess, NYC especially but where I am from, Western NY, Buffalo's a train wreck (my 22 year old daughter lives in the city), and it's spreading. But NY is full of a lot of heart. Most of us are I think feeling more united out of our great need to distance from others. It chokes me up seeing all the different heartfelt and creative ways people are coming up with to feel more united, to connect with each other, to bring significance to other's lives (and our own). And I'm more of an analytical type than emotional. But now I'm nearly in tears multiple times a day. Not all sad tears though.

I'm just a little overwhelmed. I was mostly trying to do a brief intro. It's a Christian forum. I "labeled" myself as a Daoist. I am maybe hybrid I think. Daoist/Christian. Actually, I really found a kindred spirit, if you will, with the "philosophies" / ponderings of Carl Jung, very interesting, many of his writings on Christ as well as the alchemy of the Doaists.

I'm going to cut this short or I'll end up never finishing. I actually joined this site months ago. Wrote an intro in my journal, I like to use calligraphy pens with eye catching ink that I mix together like some mad scientist (in humor but also seriousness I call it "ink alchemy"). Longhand is becoming a forgotten art. I find it meditative (all though I often have ink stained hands). But I never got around to typing it. Mostly because I kept thinking of more things to add. I'm a little ADHD, but it's more like I'm trying to pay attention to everything and see how it all relates. This forum, for example, has SO many topics and boards, and info, and it makes me feel dizzy. That's the main reason I didn't label myself Christian, because I wouldn't have access to some of the boards. It was just too much, I'd be posting stuff all the time in the wrong places and talking in circles. Which I'm kind of doing now :0

One question though, there doesn't happen to be a dark theme for the site does there? All the white screen makes it harder for me to concentrate. I couldn't decipher the answer to that on my own.

When I joined this forum a while ago it was because of a dilemma I'm struggling with and I was in need of some people to connect with. Now there is even more reason to want to connect. I'll leave it at that for now.

Peace to all of us.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes that I found in a fortune cookie,

"Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

One more....

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
~Carl Jung

Last edited:

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not NYC, rather a rural area, surrounded by fields topped with manure a short drive from the greatness of Lake Erie. I am thankful for the vast feeling of openness my surroundings bring to me. But it's still scary here NY. We are really just a mess, NYC especially but where I am from, Western NY, Buffalo's a train wreck (my 22 year old daughter lives in the city), and it's spreading. But NY is full of a lot of heart. Most of us are I think feeling more united out of our great need to distance from others. It chokes me up seeing all the different heartfelt and creative ways people are coming up with to feel more united, to connect with each other, to bring significance to other's lives (and our own). And I'm more of an analytical type than emotional. But now I'm nearly in tears multiple times a day. Not all sad tears though.

I'm just a little overwhelmed. I was mostly trying to do a brief intro. It's a Christian forum. I "labeled" myself as a Daoist. I am maybe hybrid I think. Daoist/Christian. Actually, I really found a kindred spirit, if you will, with the "philosophies" / ponderings of Carl Jung, very interesting, many of his writings on Christ as well as the alchemy of the Doaists.

I'm going to cut this short or I'll end up never finishing. I actually joined this site months ago. Wrote an intro in my journal, I like to use calligraphy pens with eye catching ink that I mix together like some mad scientist (in humor but also seriousness I call it "ink alchemy"). Longhand is becoming a forgotten art. I find it meditative (all though I often have ink stained hands). But I never got around to typing it. Mostly because I kept thinking of more things to add. I'm a little ADHD, but it's more like I'm trying to pay attention to everything and see how it all relates. This forum, for example, has SO many topics and boards, and info, and it makes me feel dizzy. That's the main reason I didn't label myself Christian, because I wouldn't have access to some of the boards. It was just too much, I'd be posting stuff all the time in the wrong places and talking in circles. Which I'm kind of doing now :0

One question though, there doesn't happen to be a dark them for the site does there? All the white screen makes it harder for me to concentrate. I couldn't decipher the answer to that on my own.

When I joined this forum a while ago it was because of a dilemma I'm struggling with and I was in need of some people to connect with. Now there is even more reason to want to connect. I'll leave it at that for now.

Peace to all of us.

One more....

~Carl Jung
God works all thing for the good to those that love Him.
Romans 8:28

NYC responded to slowly to the virus. I don't care for the mayor there (I grew up in NYC).

As to the Buffalo area,,,,if you stay in your homes and do not go out,,,it will pass, but it'll take weeks.

We've gone through this already here in Italy where it hit first...We can only go out for health, financial (bank), emergencies and food. WITH A SELF.authorizing CERTIFICATE !

Have hope and stay calm.
Wear a mask when going out and gloves...and remove them immediately after leaving the store....

We'll make it through this.
Tell your daughter to do the same and pay attention to Cuomo instead of that crazy mayor down there.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

One question though, there doesn't happen to be a dark theme for the site does there? All the white screen makes it harder for me to concentrate. I couldn't decipher the answer to that on my own.

Peace to all of us.

One more....

~Carl Jung
Hi Cedardust, great to have you with us at Christian Forums. It is a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians. The Prayer Wall is the place to post problems and requests. There are a lot of prayer warriors to support you. :)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Welcome to the forum!

Here is the deal: There is one true and living God and He sent His son to die for you that you should gain eternal life ( spiritual life). And there is a giant hole in your heart that you try to fill with all sorts of things ( we have all done this). But one thing fits because that hole is shaped exactly like Jesus Christ. He is what you seek, Him alone loosed of the baggage of other belief systems and things of this world. Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Peace to all of us.

One more....

~Carl Jung
Welcome to CF :) There is a lot to explore here. I can tell by your avatar you are a musician. We have forums dedicated to music and art and creativity in general. Also a huge psychology forum. I've found this place to be a blessing to me. Hope to see you around.

Upvote 0

Porpoise

Aug 8, 2018
United States
✟70,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find fellowship here and everything you are looking for. For a dark theme, you could try this addon for Firefox: Dark Reader – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

I have some familiarity with Carl Jung. I should say, though, that he was not a Christian, and his ideas regarding Christian belief do not agree with Christian views. For example, Jung wrote this: "there is no Deity, no submission or reconciliation to a Deity. The place of the Deity seems to be taken by the whole man."

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian