Hello Everyone! A Self-Introduction here.

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey hello! Greetings to all, in the blessed and loving Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I come to you writing not with a sword that divides but with a pen and paper (other rather a keyboard and computer) to wield its power in the precious name of Love. As a lady leaning towards the middle age of her life, it has not been a journey without its ups and downs, blissfulness and sadness, happiness and tenderness, or peace that sometimes comes in spite of pain.

You can read more about me in the short description I have written about myself in my profile. My purpose in joining this online community is chiefly to be acquainted with like-minded people of the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, and hopefully find a friend or two to keep even if they are staying halfway across the globe. (Yes, when I am up and about getting busy about life's business, most of the people on this forum, being in the USA, I so believe, are going to be in dreamland.)

I am also a self-admitted keyboard warrior. There were things I have written that have provoked ire amongst the people I know in defence of what I feel is precious, and have lost friendships along the way. Lest you misunderstand me as one who writes out a sense of self-righteousness or Christian "one-upsmanship," I drive myself to write words that serve the needs of the people I think and feel for, and I come to you with gentleness and humility, not with the hard power of pride, but winning words of love and, hopefully, wisdom.

May we all be blessed! But most of all, I pray and believe with all my heart that the key to the kingdom of heaven lies in faith, hope, and love, the last of which is greatest and most of all. For without love we are nought, and heaven's gates remain shut to us. My most precious blessing in my life is to be loved by God. I hope and pray the same here for everyone.

Grace and Love,
Annie

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Thank you, Maria.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Seems I'm in the same boat as you. I am also a "keyboard warrior" for the glory of God. Probably 95-99% of the content I post online, whether on forums, X, Facebook, or wherever else almost always had a faith component.

Reactions: Annie Y.
Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Annie Y, welcoming you to CF Hope you find your times here rewarding. BTW, thanks for the blessings!
It sure does sound like a rewarding place to be! Thank you the kind welcome and I am sure you're a source of blessings to people in this forum too! :)

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Seems I'm in the same boat as you. I am also a "keyboard warrior" for the glory of God. Probably 95-99% of the content I post online, whether on forums, X, Facebook, or wherever else almost always had a faith component.
Hey Jesse! Keyboard warring is so "tempting" to us who have strong opinions about what we have firm principles and standards about. But we definitely get flak for it. The key, I think, is tact and diplomacy. But yeah, if we don't stand up for things we know to be true and right, while others sit in silence and watch, who will know the reality? And where does justice stand? Even better when we defend others who need defending, and safeguard that which is sacred to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey Jesse! Keyboard warring is so "tempting" to us who have strong opinions about what we have firm principles and standards about. But we definitely get flak for it. The key, I think, is tact and diplomacy. But yeah, if we don't stand up for things we know to be true and right, while others sit in silence and watch, who will know the reality? And where does justice stand? Even better when we defend others who need defending, and safeguard that which is sacred to God.

I agree with this. We need to always be gentle with our positions even if we are firm about those same positions. There's no sense in tarnishing our testimony because we lack grace in how we present the truth. Grace and truth are both important and Jesus exemplified how to do this like no other. When He needed to be gentle and compassionate, He was. When He needed to be strong and firm, He was. Jesus is our highest example. The difficult part is knowing when to be gentle or strong.

• Love
Reactions: Annie Y.
Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Jesse,

Thank you for those words of wisdom. You're right, the way of gentleness and love is always a winning one. Grace and truth are indeed inseparable from one another, embodied in the character of our Lord Jesus.

Some Christians tend too far into Grace and end up taking it for granted or exploiting it. (i.e. The book of Romans where Paul asked his readers a test question: Should I sin more so that grace abounds?) The contrary to that is seen in some religious groups, where Truth is forced upon its people, and its receivers are taken advantage of, for example, when some evangelists preach hellfire and brimstone to push the gospel onto them. The two scenarios above definitely isn't the way of love towards God or others.

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." James 3:17-18

Being peaceable and gentle wins everything, totally agree! Strength and gentleness put together? Mmmm..... Quite a beautiful thought. I would love to be that way. :heart:

Upvote 0