Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Greetings in the name above all names Jesus the Christ!

I wrote a lot in the about me area of the bio. This be more introduction. Raised in Christian family from parents, grandparents, and great grandparent. It took a long time and God worked and worked to get me to finally call out to Him.

On May 30th I was diagnosed with Lyme’s disease, very dangerous due to the fact I have stage three reflex synthetic dystrophy. By June 1st I was on my knees by the bed. I told the Lord I am a broken useless man, if He’d have me I would give Him my life. I asked to be forgiven and repeated “my life is yours Lord.” Spent many days in bed and I got sicker. As I did I listened to the only anchors of faith I’d ever had. The Visitation by Frank Peretti and Left Behind series by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. After finishing The Visitation, the Spirit lead me to Isaiah 7 verse 11. “Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest gaps or the highest highs.” Few days later I saw a brand new baby deer bouncing through the yard. I didn’t think this was the sign.

As I got sicker and weaker I wasn’t sure what to do and I felt so lost. Then suddenly June 26th happened. Went out with mom to help make the house payment, we live in a wooded area of northern Wisconsin. Suddenly I see a blur of brown at the side of the road. I knew it was a deer had be hit. I was so close to my heart being hardened fully that day for good. Saying out loud “if that’s the baby, I’m going to come home and shut the door and be done talking to everyone for awhile.” My mom prayed for my light to not go out because she couldn’t lose me too. After rushing around town and getting sick I came home so tired and beat. When we pulled over I had mom stop and it was one of the older deer from the yard. I look down and saw a huge spot of blood. Had mom drive us home.

I went to my room wanting to cry out with anger and such rage. When I remembered the final book that’s talked about in Kingdom Come. First Corinthians chapter 13, after listening to it from six to twenty times it made sense for the first time. This was God’s love to me, you and all of us. This wasn’t how I’d been living or wanting to live. In that moment felt lead to ask for the Holy Spirit to enter my life. What a change! The Bible made sense, after all the relationships I’ve had I see how I never did my part with God. I thought it was like a twelve step program in regards to Christ, that every time I sinned it was like starting over again.

Started to study the Bible and the Spirit spoke to me and lead God to write personal laws on my heart.

No more lust

No more lies

No hypocrisy

Discipline

Responsibility

Put God first in all of life

Learn the Word daily

Learn to obey

At that time my girlfriend could tell the change inside of me. We’d been long distance for nine years, I’d been a good boyfriend listening and always there for her no matter what. At the same time I had issues with someone from my past and I wasn’t faithful in all but the physical sense. She wasn’t willing to come move to help me with my mom. The truth was we’d met on a website for adults that were seeking physically important relationships. When Christ started to change me, I didn’t feel the same about her. She didn’t like that I was brining up the Bible and sin when we talked. When I was trying to help my mom after eye surgery, she wouldn’t let me be. I asked her to walk with me as I walked the path. All she said was she wasn’t part of the conversation when I gave my life to Christ. I decided to end the relationship June 29th and the next day she agreed with me.

It hurt and yet when I got out I saw a lot that had been going on the last few years between us. It was God working on my eyes and ears to really be open to Him now.

Since June 26th I’ve been studying the Bible daily. Working through many good books about relationships, past experiences with mental and emotional abuse.

Due to my current situation helping take care of my mom in her slow dementia decline, I’ve been getting closer to her. The Lord is leading me to learn to serve by helping and honoring my mother.

In this experience, I’ve missed having others of the church to talk to and share together. People can pray for, with and ask if others willing to pray for me.

Look forward to what God will provide! Fan of storytelling of all mediums, outdoors, photography, history, current events, and more.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His light shine upon you.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: WiSteel79
Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome and thank you for your testimony.

I’ve taken this from your new instruction :-

“Put God first in all of life”

If you do that the rest of your heart will follow. The Holy Spirit will convict you of anything opposed to God, listen to him very carefully before action and words, a new and beautiful, peaceful, kind, forgiving, caring, empathetic, sympathetic, calm and joyous heart is in front of you.

God Bless you

With love and peace

David

Upvote 0

WiSteel79

Oct 20, 2023
Wisconsin
✟9,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for the welcome. I wasn’t sure how to fix an issue when filling out my profile. I’d put single, but I did have a brief marriage for two and half years in 99–02. It reached three only by technically, as we married November 6th 99 and divorced November 13th 02. During the separation period my ex wife moved on to new relationship and I’ve always felt the divorce was right then, also I wasn’t a believer at that time. I also wasn’t sure what to put under what type of Christian? I’ve been raised, went and worked a lot of audio board hours in nondenominational churches. I don’t currently have a church home due to caring for mom’s dementia. So I put in Christian seeker. Were these wrong on my part?

Upvote 0

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Greetings in the name above all names Jesus the Christ!

I wrote a lot in the about me area of the bio. This be more introduction. Raised in Christian family from parents, grandparents, and great grandparent. It took a long time and God worked and worked to get me to finally call out to Him.

On May 30th I was diagnosed with Lyme’s disease, very dangerous due to the fact I have stage three reflex synthetic dystrophy. By June 1st I was on my knees by the bed. I told the Lord I am a broken useless man, if He’d have me I would give Him my life. I asked to be forgiven and repeated “my life is yours Lord.” Spent many days in bed and I got sicker. As I did I listened to the only anchors of faith I’d ever had. The Visitation by Frank Peretti and Left Behind series by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. After finishing The Visitation, the Spirit lead me to Isaiah 7 verse 11. “Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest gaps or the highest highs.” Few days later I saw a brand new baby deer bouncing through the yard. I didn’t think this was the sign.

As I got sicker and weaker I wasn’t sure what to do and I felt so lost. Then suddenly June 26th happened. Went out with mom to help make the house payment, we live in a wooded area of northern Wisconsin. Suddenly I see a blur of brown at the side of the road. I knew it was a deer had be hit. I was so close to my heart being hardened fully that day for good. Saying out loud “if that’s the baby, I’m going to come home and shut the door and be done talking to everyone for awhile.” My mom prayed for my light to not go out because she couldn’t lose me too. After rushing around town and getting sick I came home so tired and beat. When we pulled over I had mom stop and it was one of the older deer from the yard. I look down and saw a huge spot of blood. Had mom drive us home.

I went to my room wanting to cry out with anger and such rage. When I remembered the final book that’s talked about in Kingdom Come. First Corinthians chapter 13, after listening to it from six to twenty times it made sense for the first time. This was God’s love to me, you and all of us. This wasn’t how I’d been living or wanting to live. In that moment felt lead to ask for the Holy Spirit to enter my life. What a change! The Bible made sense, after all the relationships I’ve had I see how I never did my part with God. I thought it was like a twelve step program in regards to Christ, that every time I sinned it was like starting over again.

Started to study the Bible and the Spirit spoke to me and lead God to write personal laws on my heart.

No more lust

No more lies

No hypocrisy

Discipline

Responsibility

Put God first in all of life

Learn the Word daily

Learn to obey

At that time my girlfriend could tell the change inside of me. We’d been long distance for nine years, I’d been a good boyfriend listening and always there for her no matter what. At the same time I had issues with someone from my past and I wasn’t faithful in all but the physical sense. She wasn’t willing to come move to help me with my mom. The truth was we’d met on a website for adults that were seeking physically important relationships. When Christ started to change me, I didn’t feel the same about her. She didn’t like that I was brining up the Bible and sin when we talked. When I was trying to help my mom after eye surgery, she wouldn’t let me be. I asked her to walk with me as I walked the path. All she said was she wasn’t part of the conversation when I gave my life to Christ. I decided to end the relationship June 29th and the next day she agreed with me.

It hurt and yet when I got out I saw a lot that had been going on the last few years between us. It was God working on my eyes and ears to really be open to Him now.

Since June 26th I’ve been studying the Bible daily. Working through many good books about relationships, past experiences with mental and emotional abuse.

Due to my current situation helping take care of my mom in her slow dementia decline, I’ve been getting closer to her. The Lord is leading me to learn to serve by helping and honoring my mother.

In this experience, I’ve missed having others of the church to talk to and share together. People can pray for, with and ask if others willing to pray for me.

Look forward to what God will provide! Fan of storytelling of all mediums, outdoors, photography, history, current events, and more.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His light shine upon you.
Hello! I'm new to Christian Forums too. It must have been dark and painful, whatever went through you in your spiritual journey. I feel happy and relieved for you that Christ is now the center stone of your life.

At the end of the day, when it's all been said and done, did we live our lives for truth, for all that is worthy and right in the sight of God? Did we love? May you be blessed, God willing as the Holy Spirit continues to do His work in you to completion until the day of the Lord.

This song really encourages me: When It's All Been Said And Done by Robin Mark.

Cheer up! God will honour you as you seek to honour your mother in her old age by caring for her. You will never lose sight of heaven with a heart of goodness and love.

God is so much more giving, generous, and understanding than we can ever imagine. Peace be with you.

In the Love of Christ,
Annie.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

WiSteel79

Oct 20, 2023
Wisconsin
✟9,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello! I'm new to Christian Forums too. It must have been dark and painful, whatever went through you in your spiritual journey. I feel happy and relieved for you that Christ is now the center stone of your life.

At the end of the day, when it's all been said and done, did we live our lives for truth, for all that is worthy and right in the sight of God? Did we love? May you be blessed, God willing as the Holy Spirit continues to do His work in you to completion until the day of the Lord.

This song really encourages me: When It's All Been Said And Done by Robin Mark.

Cheer up! God will honour you as you seek to honour your mother in her old age by caring for her. You will never lose sight of heaven with a heart of goodness and love.

God is so much more giving, generous, and understanding than we can ever imagine. Peace be with you.

In the Love of Christ,
Annie.
Thank you very much Annie, I will look up that song and add to the worship playlist I’ve been listening and enjoying. Didn’t ever understand worship till the gift of the Spirit. Even worked on three different church audio production teams. As I’ve grown older, learned that serving that way wasn’t helpful to me when I tried to first understand being a Christian.

As the Lord and Spirit have lead, wasn’t meant to understand Him till He willed it to be. Back then I was far too self centered and self seeking.

The Lord is so amazing and the gift of the Holy Spirit wow! To hear Him in through the heart, for the words of the Bible to come alive and change everyday.

The dark time for me personally is beautifully written by David in Psalm 38, because there I was in the same place. To find peace and joy of Jesus’s love, mercy, grace, and gift pull me out of the muck spoke of in Psalm 40 to the firm rock of faith.

Two personal favorites of mine are “Our God is an Awesome God.” And “How Great Thou Art” both always hit me, now even more so.

God bless you sister,
Brad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annie Y.

Oct 18, 2023
Singapore
Visit site
✟9,752.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Brad,
Thank you for sharing your experience of how God turned your life around from the heart to turn to Him.

It's an endeavour for me daily to be God-centred and other-centred so as to practice loving Him and others. Needless to say I fail at times. Like you, I love God to touch my heart and move me towards Him and in His direction for my life, in goodness and righteousness.
It's such a wonderful feeling when we know that we are well-pleasing to Him in what we do and who we are.

"Awesome God" is one of my favourites too by the way. And you can get to the song I recommended by clicking directly on the link in my previous message.

Kind Regards,
Sis. Annie.

Upvote 0