Gold Coast
✟1,715.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I am 17, & have been raised as a mildly religious Jewish person by my Jewish parents. A friend at school invited me to a christian church youth meet. I have been told by Christians that Jesus was prophesied in the old testament, but when I look at some of the prophecies they gave me to look at, I fail to see Jesus in them, & they don't seem to do a good job explaining the logic of how they get from what it says, to seeing jesus in it. I am looking for somebody who can go through some verses with me & hopefully explain how the verses relate to jesus. My parents & Rabbi's don't agree that jesus is the messiah.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Exploring Christianity forum on this site would be a good place to ask those kinds of questions. This section is a place to introduce yourself. :) Welcome to CF and I hope you do find the answers to your questions.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I am 17, & have been raised as a mildly religious Jewish person by my Jewish parents. A friend at school invited me to a christian church youth meet. I have been told by Christians that Jesus was prophesied in the old testament, but when I look at some of the prophecies they gave me to look at, I fail to see Jesus in them, & they don't seem to do a good job explaining the logic of how they get from what it says, to seeing jesus in it. I am looking for somebody who can go through some verses with me & hopefully explain how the verses relate to jesus. My parents & Rabbi's don't agree that jesus is the messiah.
Hi there!

Upvote 0

Lilith2006

Oct 25, 2023
Gold Coast
✟1,715.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
The Exploring Christianity forum on this site would be a good place to ask those kinds of questions. This section is a place to introduce yourself. :) Welcome to CF and I hope you do find the answers to your questions.
Thanks. I just posted a question there.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome. Glad to have you here and I am sure you will share a lot of old testament wisdom that will make us wiser.

May the Lord be merciful to you.

P.S. do you want to have a conversation about where the Son of God is in old testament? Or you just wrote to introduce your self?

Reactions: Lilith2006
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your parents and Rabbi's are orthodox Jews ... and no orthodox Jews (judaism) don't believe Jesus was/is the Messiah. The Jews who do believe it are called Messianic Jews.

This is all new to you because of being brought up in the orthodox jewish beliefs. Judaism does not recognize the Christian New Testament.

Keep studying yourself and knowledge will be revealed. A little bit here a little bit there.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Lilith2006

Oct 25, 2023
Gold Coast
✟1,715.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF! I love to hear that you are seeking the truth. Search with your heart and not your brain and you will find your way.
I think that if you want to truly find out the truth about something, you need to use your brain 1st & your heart 2nd. Using your heart will only give you feelings, not knowledge. Knowledge can only come from seeking truth through verifiable evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I suggest that you contact Professor James Tour. He was raised a secular Jew. He became a believer in Jesus in his youth (he does not like the word "Christian"). He is a Professor at Rice University. He also has a ministry of leading people to Jesus. If you look up his CV, you will find that he is one of the world's great scientists. He will always make time to help those who genuinely want to know the truth. He is happy to talk with you on Zoom. Tell him that Peter from Australia recommended that you speak to him, if you will.

Upvote 0