Hello all! Are we (believers) the bad guys?

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lately it seems like the majority is anti religion and anti God. Without God, what else is there? Nothing!

I have a feeling everything Donald Trump supports is everything that is right. He wants religion to play a bigger role in the US, he wants to make abortion illegal and he wants gay marriage illegal. This is a good decision that involves God and suddenly there is turmoil everywhere. What do the protesters want? A world of sin where they can do whatever they want and not have to take responsibility for their actions? That's all wrong.

What the women's protests were all about is that we do not support the mentalities and views that Trump and the Trump administration stand for. We do not think it is appropriate or right that a man who has said vulgar things about women on record in public should be President of the United States, their protesting his constant sexist demeanor, lewd language, and general disparagement of women. It also wasn't homologous about Trump's disturbing misogyny, but also issues like climate change, racism, immigration, LGBT rights, police brutality, and pretty much anything you can think of was there apart of the marches.

Personally, I support the marches and had female and male friends from all over the political spectrum support and attend them. I still stand by what I said the day after the election...

Even that doesn't really make sense to me because if you know me on here, you've heard me say that I used to be very conservative. I used to want things like a border wall and to ban all Muslims from entering the country. When I look back, I don't think I could have supported Trump. It could just be wishful thinking, but I think that his actions like making fun of the disabled person, his comments about his daughter, the Miss Universe, another similar comment*, his string of failed businesses coming out, or maybe some combination and thought "this man (if he's really like this) is not fit to be President".

*If I remember correctly, that's referring to the "grab her by..." comment.

It has nothing to do with sin, the fact that Hillary didn't win, trying to change the outcome of the election, or trying to deny that Trump is legally President. It has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with the fact that it's NOT OKAY to talk about women and other minorities like they way that Trump does. Like I said in the post I quoted, it may be wishful thinking, but there's a part of me that thinks that couldn't have supported Trump even when I was conservative and agreed with him on a lot of issues because of the stuff he's said and done.

What are your thoughts on the state of things?

I feel like an foreigner in the country that I've lived in my entire life. I'm also scared for my fellow Americans who are not white males, and even scared for myself because I support them.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a feeling everything Donald Trump supports is everything that is right.

Are we talking about the same Donald Trump? The one with multiple divorces under his belt? The one who bragged about grabbing women by their private parts? The one who has repeatedly conned a lot of people out of their money (Trump Steaks, Trump U)? The one whose life philosophy is "revenge"?

Trump is an example of how Christians shouldn't act, apparent beliefs about abortion (I'm not sure he has an ideology beyond "Trump is great") or not.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a feeling everything Donald Trump supports is everything that is right.
Including what he said about all Mexicans, his denial that he needs forgiveness, and that if you're rich you can grab women by their private parts?

I'm not a liberal. But I can't endorse much of what Trump has said and done either.
he wants gay marriage illegal
When and where did he say this?

• Informative
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

FidelSandoval

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Sep 8, 2016
La la land
Visit site
✟11,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Including what he said about all Mexicans, his denial that he needs forgiveness, and that if you're rich you can grab women by their private parts?

I'm not a liberal. But I can't endorse much of what Trump has said and done either.

When and where did he say this?

I apologize, that was Mike Pence. The good thing is that he is trying to stop abortions and he is at least more conservative than Obama, Hilary and Sanders. I just think he is more on our side than the majority with their gay pride, atheism and abortion rights.

• Agree
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm very happy with how fast President Trump is moving to correct the course of the free world. tbh I cried during his inauguration when they started reading Solomon. His speech was beautiful.

Reactions: FidelSandoval
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Lately it seems like the majority is anti religion and anti God. Without God, what else is there? Nothing!

I have a feeling everything Donald Trump supports is everything that is right. He wants religion to play a bigger role in the US, he wants to make abortion illegal and he wants gay marriage illegal. This is a good decision that involves God and suddenly there is turmoil everywhere. What do the protesters want? A world of sin where they can do whatever they want and not have to take responsibility for their actions? That's all wrong.

What are your thoughts on the state of things? I think we're heading in a good direction but those protesters and activists need to go.

It's just what to be expected. They will call evil good and good evil.

Last night someone responded to my post on a different forum that my opinion on not wanted abortion was wrong since this will lead to a great many children that are unwanted; therefore they will have very poor, bad lives. Abortion therefore is their way of making sure as many people can have a comfortable, convenient life. These people worship the god of comfort and convenience. I can actually understand that, since those things are very enjoyable! Yet, they think it is wrong to not want to kill children because God commands that it is wrong to murder. The idea of denying the flesh (because of course, to us it is wrong to worship based solely on what we enjoy--our flesh responds very positively to many sinful things) is stupid and senseless to them.

Those protesters want a world of sin, of course. They are comfortable in it, enjoy it. The idea of a holy God is foreign to them and most I imagine call it a "fairy tale". So it is no surprise that Christians are looked at as the bad guys. The good news of the Gospel is to them is a savor of death unto death.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

What are your thoughts on the state of things? I think we're heading in a good direction but those protesters and activists need to go.
I agree.
One of the more upstanding and God founded TV ministers, can't remember who, made the comment, and I believe it to be true....

"If Clinton had been elected.... it would have been the end of Christianity, in the west, as we know it"

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It will be a step in the right direction when Mr. Trump calls everyone to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and that there is no hope apart from the saving grace of God in Jesus Christ.

Stopping the murder of children in the womb is the right thing to do. Stopping homosexual unions is the right thing to do. But if they are not done out of a pure and holy love of God, they are filthy rags.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Last night someone responded to my post on a different forum that my opinion on not wanted abortion was wrong since this will lead to a great many children that are unwanted; therefore they will have very poor, bad lives. Abortion therefore is their way of making sure as many people can have a comfortable, convenient life. These people worship the god of comfort and convenience. I can actually understand that, since those things are very enjoyable! Yet, they think it is wrong to not want to kill children because God commands that it is wrong to murder. The idea of denying the flesh (because of course, to us it is wrong to worship based solely on what we enjoy--our flesh responds very positively to many sinful things) is stupid and senseless to them.

Those protesters want a world of sin, of course. They are comfortable in it, enjoy it. The idea of a holy God is foreign to them and most I imagine call it a "fairy tale". So it is no surprise that Christians are looked at as the bad guys. The good news of the Gospel is to them is a savor of death unto death.
You are right.

And, remember what Christ said.." as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the coming of the son of man"

So, how was it in the days of Noah?

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm very happy with how fast President Trump is moving to correct the course of the free world. tbh I cried during his inauguration when they started reading Solomon. His speech was beautiful.

I hate to say this, but language resorting to the "Wisdom of Solomon" isn't necessarily a good thing, but somehow no one seems to see this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FidelSandoval

Sep 8, 2016
La la land
Visit site
✟11,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree 100% with you. Whether they think we are the bad guys or not, we know the truth that God wants us to know.

Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

FidelSandoval

Sep 8, 2016
La la land
Visit site
✟11,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It will be a step in the right direction when Mr. Trump calls everyone to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and that there is no hope apart from the saving grace of God in Jesus Christ.

Stopping the murder of children in the womb is the right thing to do. Stopping homosexual unions is the right thing to do. But if they are not done out of a pure and holy love of God, they are filthy rags.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Upvote 0

lunastella

only marginally interested
Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
✟51,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The majority isn't Christian and doesn't want a theocracy. In other words, they don't want you to tell them what to do or how to live. Much the way you feel about people who aren't Christian telling you what to do and how to live. The difference is that you support laws and lawmakers willing to force people's actions to conform to your beliefs, while your ability to believe and practice your religion is not up for grabs.

Upvote 0

D2wing

Feb 12, 2013
✟15,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a little surprised that no one has brought up the obvious. Or maybe it is not obvious to others. To understand what is going on you must understand what is behind the direction of politics. If you study Bible prophecy and what others think of it, compare it to current events a picture emerges. Further if you study anti Christian Prophecy you will see what the enemy is up to. A good example of enemy prophecy is the writings a Albert Pike.
Albert Pike was an organizer and General in the Civil War, a war criminal, and a high ranking member of multiple secret societies. He also help found the KKK. In connection with a secret society in Europe he planned and prophesied about the future. He predicted the communist revolution, World War 1,2 3, The first three events happened much as predicted. The final war will be all the Non Christian religions and atheists again the Christians and Jews. As long as it is not fully Christian religion doesn't matter, they are all of Satan. He was also a Satan worshiper and student of religion.
In modern times there are people connected to secret organizations and some not secret that are working for a one world government, ruled by elitists. This will be the kingdom of antichrist. Today George Soros and others are working hard to make this come to pass. Soros also was Obama's employer and a major contributor to Hillary Clinton. He advises them and others around the world. Many politicians and groups are under his influence and he and others control much of the media.
I was a Democrat office holder when I realized the party was under the control of a secret group and that the intent of policies was to attack Christians and change society. The reason Muslims and liberals agree is that they a both very against Christians. The differences are not real. They are on the same side.
Trump is a mystery really. The Dems are owned by the forces of antichrist. Trump has embraced Christian values but could at some point betray us. It is worth the gamble to me because I am certain if the path of the major Dems. and many Republicans as well. Trump s the first break in one worlders since maybe Reagan or JFK. JFK was killed because he was about to expose the secret government, mainly the international and national banks, and people like Soros.

Upvote 0

hooverbranch

My Avatar is so a picture from 2005
Feb 10, 2005
Port Huron, MI
✟9,532.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The majority isn't Christian and doesn't want a theocracy. In other words, they don't want you to tell them what to do or how to live. Much the way you feel about people who aren't Christian telling you what to do and how to live. The difference is that you support laws and lawmakers willing to force people's actions to conform to your beliefs, while your ability to believe and practice your religion is not up for grabs.

I dont know about the majority of Christians. But I am definitely in that category. As citizens its out jobs to fight for our rights. It is however not our job to fight against others. As Christians it is our job to hold our body accountable for Sin. But it is not our Job to hold "non" believers accountable.

If we could stop worrying about the legality of things like homosexual marriage and instead focus on the Gospel and holding our churches to scripture, we would have a greater impact. Because then we would not have to fight non-believers on morality but instead let the Holy Spirit transform non-believers into Children of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump has embraced Christian values

You can embrace so-called "Christian values" all you want, but if you live a lifestyle where you're grabbing women by their private parts, conning people out of their money, insulting people and their looks, and believing that the world revolves around you, well...you probably aren't living the life that Christ calls us to live.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Where has Trump claimed he wants any of those things?

Upvote 0

D2wing

Feb 12, 2013
✟15,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ringo, are you talking about the Clintons?
You can embrace so-called "Christian values" all you want, but if you live a lifestyle where you're grabbing women by their private parts, conning people out of their money, insulting people and their looks, and believing that the world revolves around you, well...you probably aren't living the life that Christ calls us to live.
Ringo
That sound pretty much like the Clintons.
BTW, morality seems to have no meaning for you. Are you a Christian? If so what parts of the Bible do you believe?

Upvote 0

D2wing

Feb 12, 2013
✟15,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I have noticed is that once people accept the liberal mindset, they become very closed minded. They are firmly of the opinion that they are right, regardless of any objective measurement.
Facts are disregarded and an unbiased look at both sides of an issue become impossible.
I think the Bible describes this as having a reprobate mind. The bible says he will send a strong lie to those who love not the truth.
This is why we have a large number of professed Christians who do not accept the Bible as truth. They embrace all sorts of sin, perversion and murder without seeing it as it is. People who thing it is kindness to not be honest. Kindness to tell people perversion is OK, Kindness to tell mothers they can kill babies. Kindness to force Christians to support evil acts. Kindness to have us all think like the world.
Jesus said he will send a sword. That there will be divisions. We see this come to pass.

Upvote 0