Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There aren't any verses. This is simply what I believe. But that doesn't make it untrue. Give me a description of what God does that makes more sense.

Which god? Which verse talks about sense?

Isaiah 55
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Corinthians 3
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 21 Therefore let no man glory in men.

Psalm 32
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Apparently you think that God is a liar. Consider the idea that Columbus sailed to India. That's a thing. It's false, but it's a thing. Does God know that Columbus sailed to India? Or the idea that Enoch built an ark and filled it with animals, two of every species. That is also a thing. Once again, it's false, but it's still a thing. Does God know that Enoch built such an ark? Or the idea that Jesus appeared to Phillip on the road to Damascus. Does God know that Jesus appeared to Phillip on that road?

God is omniscient. And you're grasping at straws.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you think that God is a liar. Consider the idea that Columbus sailed to India. That's a thing. It's false, but it's a thing. Does God know that Columbus sailed to India? Or the idea that Enoch built an ark and filled it with animals, two of every species. That is also a thing. Once again, it's false, but it's still a thing. Does God know that Enoch built such an ark? Or the idea that Jesus appeared to Phillip on the road to Damascus. Does God know that Jesus appeared to Phillip on that road?
God knows that your are making up "things".

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God knows that your are making up "things".
Well, of course God does. And God doesn't know the "things" that I have made up. So apparently, strictly speaking, God doesn't know everything. So, when the Bible says God does know everything, we need to ask ourselves, what does the Bible mean when it uses the term everything?

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is omniscient. And you're grasping at straws.
I'm not grasping at straws. I'm poking holes in the idea that God knows everything. There clearly are some things that God doesn't know. I've listed three of them; I could list many more. So what does it mean to say that God knows everything?

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, of course God does. And God doesn't know the "things" that I have made up. So apparently, strictly speaking, God doesn't know everything. So, when the Bible says God does know everything, we need to ask ourselves, what does the Bible mean when it uses the term everything?
You're not making sense and talking more mormon-speak. God knows all = all. Not "some of all" or "almost all". Ggd knows your thoughts before you even think them! He knows that what you made up isn't true. To say otherwise is non-sensical. And God knows that too!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're not making sense and talking more mormon-speak. God knows all = all. Not "some of all" or "almost all". Ggd knows your thoughts before you even think them! He knows that what you made up isn't true. To say otherwise is non-sensical. And God knows that too!
Okay, let me explain it again. The things that I made up are things. God doesn't know them. So God does not know everything. What is there not to understand about that?

Alternately, perhaps God does know the things that I made up. That means God knows Columbus sailed to India. That means God knows that one plus one equals three. That line of reasoning goes nowhere, so I conclude that God doesn't know everything.

So what does it mean when the Bible says God knows everything?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The God that is in control of the universe.

I'm not aware of any verse that talks about sense. So is that why you don't believe in ideas about God that make sense?

No, I don't believe your nonsense!

Which of your gods controls the universe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, let me explain it again. The things that I made up are things. God doesn't know them. So God does not know everything. What is there not to understand about that?

Alternately, perhaps God does know the things that I made up. That means God knows Columbus sailed to India. That means God knows that one plus one equals three. That line of reasoning goes nowhere, so I conclude that God doesn't know everything.

More nonsense. God knows what is true or not true (your "made up" things).

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

God knew what you were going to say before you said it. God knows you aren't attempting to have a serious discussion about truth. God knows everything. He is omniscient.

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I don't believe your nonsense!
Phoebe Ann, what have I said that is nonsense?

Which of your gods controls the universe?
I don't know of any reason to believe that I believe in any more gods than you do.

Do you believe that Jesus is God? I do. Do you believe that His Father is God? I do. Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is God? I do. Do you believe that makes three Gods? Of course not. Neither do I believe there are three Gods. I believe there is only one God.

As a Latter-day Saint, I just extend that a little further. Jesus prayed that His disciples would become one with Him and His Father, in the same way that Jesus was one with His Father. I believe that once those disciples achieve that oneness, then they become part of that one God in the same way that you see Jesus and the Holy Spirit as part of that one God. That does not make multiple Gods; there is still just one God.

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, God does know what is true or not true. And if He does know all, as you said He did, then He knows the things that are not true. One of the things that are not true was that Columbus sailed to India. So if God does know all, as you said He did, then He knows that Columbus sailed to India. God apparently knows both that Columbus sailed to India and that Columbus did not sail to India. Both that Columbus sailed to India and that Columbus didn't sail to India, are part of all, so God knows both of them.

The only nonsense here is the idea that God really does know all things, in the way that you think God knows all things.

Do you really think that God knows all? Then how can you reject the idea that God knows that Columbus sailed to India? Do you really think that the idea that Columbus sailed to India is not part of all?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Phoebe Ann, what have I said that is nonsense?

I don't know of any reason to believe that I believe in any more gods than you do.

You haven't left the Mormon church that teaches multiple gods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There, you admitted that what I made up were things. So if we start with the idea that God knows all things, then He must know the things I made up. Which means that God knows Columbus sailed to India.

You're absolutely right that that is nonsense. So what the Bible says about God knowing all things must not mean what most traditional Christians think it means.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, God does know what is true or not true. And if He does know all, as you said He did, then He knows the things that are not true. One of the things that are not true was that Columbus sailed to India. So if God does know all, as you said He did, then He knows that Columbus sailed to India. God apparently knows both that Columbus sailed to India and that Columbus did not sail to India. Both that Columbus sailed to India and that Columbus didn't sail to India, are part of all, so God knows both of them.

The only nonsense here is the idea that God really does know all things, in the way that you think God knows all things.

Do you really think that God knows all? Then how can you reject the idea that God knows that Columbus sailed to India? Do you really think that the idea that Columbus sailed to India is not part of all?

One would wonder how you could reject and blaspheme the true God. But some of us don't need to ask.

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You haven't left the Mormon church that teaches multiple gods.
If a person who is divine is a god, then you're right; I believe in multiple gods. But if all those people who are in complete union (as Jesus prayed that we eventually be) is just one God, then I believe in just one God. Why should I believe that that makes my belief any different from yours? You believe that Jesus is God and that His Father (a separate person) is God, don't you? If you can believe that each of the two of them is God, and yet that there is only one God, then why can't I?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There, you admitted that what I made up were things. So if we start with the idea that God knows all things, then He must know the things I made up. Which means that God knows Columbus sailed to India.

You're absolutely right that that is nonsense. So what the Bible says about God knowing all things must not mean what most traditional Christians think it means.

Many Mormons amuse me with their statements about things they don't know. But we should be weeping.

Upvote 0

KevinSim

Latter-day Saint
Feb 8, 2017
Springville, Utah
✟14,102.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One would wonder how you could reject and blaspheme the true God. But some of us don't need to ask.
Well, one person's rejection and blasphemy is another person's acceptance and profound insight. How do you really tell which is which?

Upvote 0