Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I've been saying... some folks just refuse to accept what Jesus says!

They get nine kinds of bent out of shape if you tell them they are calling Jesus a liar or they are in unbelief on this subject... but, they still refuse to believe what Jesus says.

Some er just gonna have to find out fo themselves :doh:

At least others are willing to gently explain WHY they think Jesus teaches something instead of jumping to "You're calling Jesus a liar!! I'm right!! You'll see!!"

This is like the billionth time you've used that same line.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
At least others are willing to gently explain WHY they think Jesus teaches something

Ya see... that's the whole point!

WHY are any of us trying to explain why Jesus says what He says... as opposed to simply taking Him at His Word as though He knows what He's talking about?

Surely you folks have figured out by now that He IS Lord and as such what He says goes... not to mention He has knowledge of all things, including the fact that God created a place of torment for satan and those that are under his authority... and that torment will last forever as Jesus has said it would.

I'll say it again... it IS a problem for the Lord when people choose to not believe what He says about something because that is called "unbelief"

If you look around the Word of God... He does not take too kindly to unbelief.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Interesting topic..

What about this one?

Mathew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

That's one of the ones that these folks keep saying... Jesus didn't really mean what He said. Apparently Jesus was on break and was just saying meaningless stuff when He said that, so that doesn't really count.

They say what Jesus really meant to say was God is going to put them to sleep and that is their "punishment" which of course would be no punishment at all since a person that ceases to exist would not be aware of anything anymore.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting topic..

What about this one?

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Oh right. I never saw that before. I guess there is eternal torment after all.

Seriously though, that says "eternal punishment", not "eternal torment". We all believe that there is eternal punishment. What we are disagreeing on is what form that punishment takes. The Eternal Conscious Torment Crowd believes that the eternal punishment is eternal conscious torment. The Annihilationists believe that the eternal punishment is to be destroyed forever. Death is the punishment and it is eternal for those who do not have eternal life.

Have you seen this "The wages of sin is death"? Romans 6:23? If the wages of sin was eternal conscious torment, Romans 6:23 would have said "The wages of sin is eternal conscious torment." It says death for a reason, and that reason is that death is the penalty for sin, not eternal torture.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Seriously though, that says "eternal punishment", not "eternal torment"

See there... the boy doesn't know what punishment is :doh:

Punishment is pain, especially when it's in the place Jesus said was created for satan and his angels!

Here's some fire and brimstones!

Rev 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

If you had any stones... you'd man up and believe what Jesus Christ says!... but, we know that ain't gonna happen any time soon ;)

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
See there... the boy doesn't know what punishment is :doh:

Punishment is pain...

I guess you have never heard of Capital Punishment, where the convict is punished by losing his life.

cap·i·tal pun·ish·ment

noun
noun: capital punishment
the legally authorized killing of someone as punishment for a crime.

I have you on ignore, so I won't be responding to any more of your mud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Original Word: αἰώνιος, ία, ιον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: aiónios
Phonetic Spelling: (ahee-o'-nee-os)
Short Definition: eternal, unending
Definition: age-long, and therefore: practically eternal, unending; partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age, as contrasted with that which is brief and fleeting.
Strong's Greek: 166. αἰώνιος (aiónios) -- agelong, eternal

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When im back on computer tomorrow im going to show you why eternity cannot be used .

While you are getting ready for that please review this double post of mine where I cite nine accredited Greek sources which document that the word aion does in fact mean eternal, unending, everlasting, etc. Most of the counter arguments are generally from sources which have no stated education or experience in Greek. Far too many people think having a Strong's concordance makes them a Greek expert. Strong's does not even speak to such grammar points as tense, voice, mood, number, person, etc.

[post=63469310]Greek sources-[size=+1]αιον[/size]/aion def.[/post]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting topic..

What about this one?

The hell:no group say that means eternal death.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eternal is not biblical in the verses people are trying to use to claim hellfire and they would know that if they checked. Its just another mistranslation

Wrong! How many credit hours of Greek do you have? Do you know how to parse a Greek verb?

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The hell:no group say that means eternal death.

Ah OK. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I'm pretty new to the forum and just glanced through the thread.

I'm going to pass on this convo. I don't get into creating new translations. I believe the bible explains the bible. And, I try to stay away from adding to it or taking from it. I just can't do it in good faith. But that's just me.

Blessings to all!

Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya see... that's the whole point!

WHY are any of us trying to explain why Jesus says what He says... as opposed to simply taking Him at His Word as though He knows what He's talking about?

Surely you folks have figured out by now that He IS Lord and as such what He says goes... not to mention He has knowledge of all things, including the fact that God created a place of torment for satan and those that are under his authority... and that torment will last forever as Jesus has said it would.

I'll say it again... it IS a problem for the Lord when people choose to not believe what He says about something because that is called "unbelief"

If you look around the Word of God... He does not take too kindly to unbelief.

Still prefer insulting to gently helping people understand...

Check out the fruits, my friend. Antagonism isn't one

Upvote 0

texascowgirl

Sep 20, 2013
✟585.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While you are getting ready for that please review this double post of mine where I cite nine accredited Greek sources which document that the word aion does in fact mean eternal, unending, everlasting, etc. Most of the counter arguments are generally from sources which have no stated education or experience in Greek. Far too many people think having a Strong's concordance makes them a Greek expert. Strong's does not even speak to such grammar points as tense, voice, mood, number, person, etc.

[post=63469310]Greek sources-[size=+1]αιον[/size]/aion def.[/post]

Post whattever you want :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.