Hebrews 8 shows us that Christ gave the TEN Commandments - Christ's Commandments

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The heart:
  • The commandments of God cannot be separated from the heart. God made this clear, even in Moses' day. Obedience is a heart issue.
Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.​
  • Even if you are not aware of the law, you are still judged by the law written in your heart.
Romans 2:14-15 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another).​
  • Sin is transgression of the law of God. The law written in your heart is the law of God.
Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 10:26 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them ... For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.​
Yes, and that law is not additional law of the Sinai covenant.
Ga 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Righteousness which is by the keeping the works of Moses law
De 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

Is not the righteousness whereby they inherit the promises made To Abraham.
De 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
De 9:5
Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The covenant of promise to Abraham is based God's righteousness to keep his oath. God is the faithful one. He performs it, and has performed it in Christ Jesus

De 9:6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

And he is not a respecter of persons. Israel could not sin just like the nations, and still inherit. That is an unjust judge.

As Abraham said to God...
Ge 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

God is a just judge......The judge of all the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed no other nation covenant - but that cannot be bent to also say "it used to be ok to take God's name in vain"
2 covenants were made with Abraham Gen 15 and Gen 17.
4th generation of his seed
Ge 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

Ge 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. {many … : Heb. multitude of nations }
Ge 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. {Abraham: that is, Father of a great multitude }
Ro 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. {before him: or, like unto him }
Ro 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Notice God calls those things which are not, as though they are....

He called Abraham a father of many nations, long before he was... Just like he spoke of the land promised to Israel, as though it were already given.

So, yes the nations had promises in Abraham. But each one in it's own due time

Ro 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
or "it is only a sin when Jews take God's name in vain"
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Ec 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Simply because God gave a distinct time for all the nations to enter the blessings of Abraham, does not mean they did not exist. That time was in Christ Jesus and his works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for the response back but I am not sure how that relates to you saying the Sabbath was meant for people who are only under other people of power. That is not what God said the commandment is for. Exodus 20:8-11
Yes, that is what it is for. It was to ensure a rest to all. Now those in power can rest at anytime they see fit. They have servants to do the work. God said this..

Ge 15:14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

God judged the nations on how they treated their own, as well as others. As Romans as well as the law makes clear. Men knew right from wrong. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
God is not an unjust judge. He didn't destroy seven nations to allow Israel to succeed them, only to have Israel commit the very same things. Though they did indeed fall into those very same things.
Ro 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
God is not an unjust judge. The nations knew God, was keeping his promises to them. God wanted the nations to see all this.
Ex 14:17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
Ex 14:18 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

God exalting himself as the Judge of all the earth, and faithful to keep his oath promised To Abraham

Ex 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
Ex 33:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:

Circumcision is not one of the Ten commandments of God but keeping the Sabbath day holy is. Paul tells us Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19
The carnal circumcision were obliged to keep the Sinai covenant law.
Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

It was the only commandment which was a sign of the covenant made with the Children of Israel at Sinai. Saturday was not the only Rest spoken of. There is the rest spoken of in Hebrews. The law speaks of it here.
Ex 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
This was not speaking of Saturday. It spoke of them resting in their inhertance under Joshua.

Upvote 0

namohcam

Dec 11, 2020
Northeast
✟6,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
That we should love God supremely and love our neighbor as ourselves is certainly not in dispute. However, the question is, how do we show this love to God and to our neighbor?

Writes the apostle John, 'By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome' (1 John 5:2, 3, emphasis added).

Thus, if we profess love for God but refuse to obey Him, we're not really being truthful according to Scripture.

Consider a dad with two sons. The first son comes to him and says, 'Dad, I love you, but I cannot obey you.' A little later, the second son walks up and says, 'Dad, I love you, and I will try to obey you.'

Which son do you think truly loves his father? Most people would agree that the one who said he would try to obey his father is the truly loving son.

Well, we show our love to God in the same way. Keeping the first four commandments, which involve love for God, shows that our supreme affection is given to our Creator. Keeping the last six, which involve love for our neighbor, is also convincing evidence of our genuine love for God. :)

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 covenants were made with Abraham Gen 15 and Gen 17. .

1. Gal 3:8 "THE Gospel was preached to Abraham"
2. Jer 31:31-34 the NEW Covenant IS that very Gospel covenant - and it is Old Testament
3. It was ALWAYS a sin to "take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it"

Almost all Bible scholars (on both sides of the Sabbath topic) in almost all Christian denominations admit to this Bible detail.

As you point out God ALSO made a nation-covenant promise to Abraham of making him the father of a great nation - God's people.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is what it is for. It was to ensure a rest to all. Now those in power can rest at anytime they see fit. They have servants to do the work. God said this..

Ge 15:14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

God judged the nations on how they treated their own, as well as others. As Romans as well as the law makes clear. Men knew right from wrong. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
God is not an unjust judge. He didn't destroy seven nations to allow Israel to succeed them, only to have Israel commit the very same things. Though they did indeed fall into those very same things.
Ro 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
God is not an unjust judge. The nations knew God, was keeping his promises to them. God wanted the nations to see all this.
Ex 14:17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
Ex 14:18 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

God exalting himself as the Judge of all the earth, and faithful to keep his oath promised To Abraham

Ex 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
Ex 33:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:

The carnal circumcision were obliged to keep the Sinai covenant law.
Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

It was the only commandment which was a sign of the covenant made with the Children of Israel at Sinai. Saturday was not the only Rest spoken of. There is the rest spoken of in Hebrews. The law speaks of it here.
Ex 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
This was not speaking of Saturday. It spoke of them resting in their inhertance under Joshua.

I see, so you are going to just ignore God’s intention of the 4th commandment that He both spoke and wrote. Maybe you should read the commandment again because it does not say only for workers of bosses.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lordblessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The argument you made regarding only Jews are to keep the Ten Commandments and the Sabbath and everyone else is free to sin is really a flawed argument . We are told though scripture there is only one Gospel and one Truth. God’s holy day according to God is the seventh day. Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13, Genesis 2:1-3. So are you saying God wants you to keep holy a different day than the day God keeps holy and the day Jesus kept holy?

Maybe you can find the Covenant God made with the Gentiles. The New Covenant God made with Jews but if you follow scripture we are all one in Christ Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So if you write yourself out of the New Covenant you write yourself out of the promises of God, so you might want to rethink this.

God made the seventh day holy from the beginning. Genesis 2:1-3. The seventh day Sabbath is the Holy day of our Lord and Savior Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13 The Sabbath is the day God commandment us to REMEMBER and keep holy Exodus 20:8 It’s the day Jesus also kept the Sabbath holy reading God’s Word in the Temple Luke 4:16. It’s the day the disciples went to Temple preaching God’s Word to both Jews and Gentiles Acts 18:4.

If the Sabbath is God’s holy day and the day both Jesus and His disciples went to Temple reading and preaching God’s Word, and the day we will worship our Lord and Savior on the New Earth and Heaven Isaiah 66:23 its good enough for me. There doesn’t even need to be a commandment for this to make sense but there is one. If you’re more comfortable worshipping on a day that God said is a work day Exodus 20:9 and a day God did not bless, sanctify or make holy, God gives us all free will. But breaking God’s law is a sin even in the New Testament. 1 John 3:4

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

namohcam

Dec 11, 2020
Northeast
✟6,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
2. Jer 31:31-34 the NEW Covenant IS that very Gospel covenant - and it is Old Testament
3. It was ALWAYS a sin to "take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it"

Almost all Bible scholars (on both sides of the Sabbath topic) in almost all Christian denominations admit to this Bible detail.

As you point out God ALSO made a nation-covenant promise to Abraham of making him the father of a great nation - God's people.
Also, in John 3:10, Christ marveled that Nicodemus, being a ruler of Israel, was not familiar with regeneration. :)

Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That we should love God supremely and love our neighbor as ourselves is certainly not in dispute. However, the question is, how do we show this love to God and to our neighbor?

Writes the apostle John, 'By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome' (1 John 5:2, 3, emphasis added).

Thus, if we profess love for God but refuse to obey Him, we're not really being truthful according to Scripture.

Consider a dad with two sons. The first son comes to him and says, 'Dad, I love you, but I cannot obey you.' A little later, the second son walks up and says, 'Dad, I love you, and I will try to obey you.'

Which son do you think truly loves his father? Most people would agree that the one who said he would try to obey his father is the truly loving son.

Well, we show our love to God in the same way. Keeping the first four commandments, which involve love for God, shows that our supreme affection is given to our Creator. Keeping the last six, which involve love for our neighbor, is also convincing evidence of our genuine love for God. :)
You want to inherit the land? Get circumcised in the foreskin of your flesh or convert to Judaism and keep the whole law.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I see, so you are going to just ignore God’s intention of the 4th commandment that He both spoke and wrote. Maybe you should read the commandment again because it does not say only for workers of bosses.
Really? The Bosses are told to rest IN ORDER THAT their handmaidens and bondservants as well as their cattle can rest.
Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lordblessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
see, they were to rest so that their servants would be ensured a rest.....
The argument you made regarding only Jews are to keep the Ten Commandments and the Sabbath and everyone else is free to sin is really a flawed argument .
Again I did not say that....I said the only commandment of the ten Was for a sign to keep that covenant.
We are told though scripture there is only one Gospel and one Truth. God’s holy day according to God is the seventh day. Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13, Genesis 2:1-3. So are you saying God wants you to keep holy a different day than the day God keeps holy and the day Jesus kept holy?

Maybe you can find the Covenant God made with the Gentiles.
I already gave you those scriptures as spoken to our father Abraham. Which was before and apart from the Sinai law.
The New Covenant God made with Jews but if you follow scripture we are all one in Christ Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So if you write yourself out of the New Covenant you write yourself out of the promises of God, so you might want to rethink this.

God made the seventh day holy from the beginning. Genesis 2:1-3. The seventh day Sabbath is the Holy day of our Lord and Savior Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13 The Sabbath is the day God commandment us to REMEMBER and keep holy Exodus 20:8 It’s the day Jesus also kept the Sabbath holy reading God’s Word in the Temple Luke 4:16. It’s the day the disciples went to Temple preaching God’s Word to both Jews and Gentiles Acts 18:4.

If the Sabbath is God’s holy day and the day both Jesus and His disciples went to Temple reading and preaching God’s Word, and the day we will worship our Lord and Savior on the New Earth and Heaven Isaiah 66:23 its good enough for me. There doesn’t even need to be a commandment for this to make sense but there is one. If you’re more comfortable worshipping on a day that God said is a work day Exodus 20:9 and a day God did not bless, sanctify or make holy, God gives us all free will. But breaking God’s law is a sin even in the New Testament. 1 John 3:4

God bless
God made a covenant which included Gentiles. Circumcision is nothing in Christ.
Ge 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. {many … : Heb. multitude of nations }
Ge 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. It is not by the carnal circumcision made by hands of men.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

You want a temporal inheritance in the land of earthly Israel then get circumcised and keep the whole law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Really? The Bosses are told to rest IN ORDER THAT their handmaidens and bondservants as well as their cattle can rest.

see, they were to rest so that their servants would be ensured a rest.....
Again I did not say that....I said the only commandment of the ten Was for a sign to keep that covenant.

I already gave you those scriptures as spoken to our father Abraham. Which was before and apart from the Sinai law.

God made a covenant which included Gentiles. Circumcision is nothing in Christ.
Ge 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. It is not by the carnal circumcision made by hands of men.

You might want to note Circumcision is not one of God’s Ten Commandments.

It seems a little strange you seem to want to chop up the 4th commandment and take which part you feel applies to you, which you think doesn’t apply to you but only to those who work for you.

I would suggest reading the 4th commandment again because God told you to keep the Sabbath holy. He told me. He told everyone. The Sabbath day is the holy day of our Creator according to scripture. Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13. God blessed and sanctified the seventh day from Creation. Genesis 2:3. God created and worked six days and rested the seventh day. Genesis 2:1-3. God does not need to rest this is an example for us just like Jesus is our example as He went to Temple on the seventh day Sabbath as His custom to read God’s Word. Luke 4:16

Paul tells us to test ourselves are we following God’s Word or the word we want to follow?

2 Corinthians 2:15
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

The Sabbath day will continue to be our Lord’s day of worship Isaiah 66:23 and this will not be new for God’s saints because according to scripture God’s saints already keep the commandments of God which include the 4th commandment and the faith in Jesus. Revelations 14:12

God bless

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You want a temporal inheritance in the land of earthly Israel ...

Does not appear to have anything at all to do with my post. Unless you are saying that everyone "who knows that taking God's name in vain (Ex 20:7) is a sin" - should also get some land in the middle east. At which point I would notice a certain paucity in the logic used to reach such a conclusion

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gal 3:8 - the "Gospel was preached to Abraham"
Gal 1:6-9 - there is only ONE Gospel
Jer 31:31-34 the NEW COVENANT is in the Old Testament - it is the one - "Gospel Covenant" for all time.

Also, in John 3:10, Christ marveled that Nicodemus, being a ruler of Israel, was not familiar with regeneration. :)

Amen to that!

I also note that -- Jesus did not "blame it on the Bible" IN John 3 - He blames it on Nicodemus saying that as a teacher of the scriptures - Nicodemus had to know this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neither is love God and love your neighbor or any of the ones I list:
- Pride
- Greed
- Envy
- Wrath, Fits of Rage
- Lust
- Gluttony
- Sloth
- Dishonesty, Deception
- Impurity, Debauchery
- Witchcraft, Sorcery
- Hatred, Indifference
- Jealousy
- Showing Favoritism, Prejudice and Discrimination
- Selfish Ambition, Self-Centeredness
- Withholding Remedy to Human or Animal Needs
- Drunkenness, Drug Abuse
- Fornication, Sodomy, inappropriate behavior with animals
- Discord, Dissensions, Factions
- Unbelief, Disbelief, Agnosticism, Atheism
- Etc.

The definition of sin is not limited to the Ten Commandments.

And what about sins of omission?

James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do
and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

It seems a little strange you seem to want to chop up the 4th commandment and take which part you feel applies to you, which you think doesn’t apply to you but only to those who work for you.

I would suggest reading the 4th commandment again because God told you to keep the Sabbath holy.
No, my friend, God told the Israelites to keep it Holy. He has never ever told Gentiles to keep it Holy. When are you going to recognize this fact and quit trying to add to scripture?

He told me. He told everyone. The Sabbath day is the holy day of our Creator according to scripture. Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13.
That is simply a false statement.

God blessed and sanctified the seventh day from Creation. Genesis 2:3. God created and worked six days and rested the seventh day. Genesis 2:1-3. God does not need to rest this is an example for us just like Jesus is our example as He went to Temple on the seventh day Sabbath as His custom to read God’s Word. Luke 4:16
Yes, God blessed the day after He created the Earth and all that is. It however does not say that each succeeding seventh-day was Holy. To say otherwise is an assumption.

Paul tells us to test ourselves are we following God’s Word or the word we want to follow?
Paul revealed to the Galatians that they were not under the Law. He did the same for the Corinthians. He also told the Ephesians that Jesus was the end of the Law. Who should we believe, you or scripture?

2 Corinthians 2:15
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
1Jn 3 tells me I am of the truth if I believe and love, so I meet the test. It appears that those who think they have to do works of the old covenant Law do not trust the Word and insist on adding salvation by works.

The Sabbath day will continue to be our Lord’s day of worship Isaiah 66:23 and this will not be new for God’s saints because according to scripture God’s saints already keep the commandments of God which include the 4th commandment and the faith in Jesus. Revelations 14:12
And in Isiah's new heaven man will live to be over 100 and in Is 65 he writes that man will not remember the past, but in Is 66 he says after the Sabbath meeting they will go out and walk among the dead rotting bodies of the unsaved. Not only would that be an abhorrent task, it would surely remind them of the past. Should we trust Is 65 and 66 especially since Paul tells us we are not under the requirements that were given only to Israel?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Does not appear to have anything at all to do with my post. Unless you are saying that everyone "who knows that taking God's name in vain (Ex 20:7) is a sin" - should also get some land in the middle east. At which point I would notice a certain paucity in the logic used to reach such a conclusion
You equate Sinai with the new covenant that is why. The covenants made with Abraham concerned heirs. Being made a father. The Sinai covenant were to the circumcision in the flesh. Inheriting the eternal kingdom requires no such thing.
No, I am addressing the gospel preached to Abraham before the Sinai covenant. We are heirs promised in covenant to Abraham.
I would suggest reading the 4th commandment again because God told you to keep the Sabbath holy. He told me. He told everyone.
He told the natural seed of Abraham, not everyone.
The Sabbath day is the holy day of our Creator according to scripture.
According to the scripture God spoke in David of another day.
Mentioned here
De 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

Jos 22:4 And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan.
This is a shadow, Hebrews speaks of this rest, this Sabbath.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus (i.e. Joshua) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. We enter into the rest of our inheritance in Jesus Christ. We are not without a Sabbath. Saturday is not a sign of the covenant made in Christ. It doesn't matter what day we rest from our toils of daily work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The definition of sin is not limited to the Ten Commandments.

As an SDA I would have a hard to arguing against that point.

No, my friend, God told the Israelites to keep it Holy. He has never ever told Gentiles to keep it Holy.

Until you read Isaiah 5:6 where He specifically singles gentiles out for not profaning God's Holy Sabbath day.

And "until" you read Is 66:23 where we find that for all eternity after the cross - in the New Earth - the Sabbath is for "all mankind"

And until you read Mark 2:27 where Jesus reminds us that the "Sabbath was made for mankind"

Bible details sooo incredibly obvious that even the Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic freely admit to this - in almost all Christian denominations on planet Earth (as most of us know by now).

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You equate Sinai with the new covenant that is why.

I never did that.

I point out that

1. Christ is speaking at Sinai according to Paul in Heb 8:6-12 - we can see that detailed for us on page 1 of this thread
2. Jeremiah tells us that the NEW Covenant has the LAW OF GOD - known to Jeremiah AND his readers "written on the heart and mind" in Jer 31:31-34.
3. Paul reminds us that the Law of God includes the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

The covenants made with Abraham concerned heirs.

In some cases.

but Paul reminds us that
1. There is only ONE Gospel Gal 1:6-9
2. THAT Gospel was "preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

And Christ reminds us that
1. "Abraham SAW MY DAY - and was glad" John 8:56

Peter reminds us that this was shown to OT saints
10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 1 Peter 1

===================

Bible details "matter" even when some find them inconvenient. Hence my focus on sola scriptura testing of all doctrine.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As an SDA I would have a hard to arguing against that point.

Until you read Isaiah 5:6 where He specifically singles gentiles out for not profaning God's Holy Sabbath day.
6 and I will lay it waste; it shall not be pruned nor hoed; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it. Some "proof" text.
And "until" you read Is 66:23 where we find that for all eternity after the cross - in the New Earth - the Sabbath is for "all mankind"
Yep, in Isaiah's new earth man will live to be over 100 and every Sabbath they will go out amongst the dead bodies that are rotting, some new earth huh. Excuse me if I am wrong, I wrote that God has never asked or commanded Gentiles to observe the Sabbath that was given to one nation, Israel. I don't believe any of your verses tell us He did. Anyone that can read will see that all your answers are not proving my statement as being false. In fact, they will see that you are only bluffing your way through.

And until you read Mark 2:27 where Jesus reminds us that the "Sabbath was made for mankind"
Who it was made for and who God asked to observe it are two different things.
god has never asked Gentiles to observe the Sabbath that was given to only one nation, Israel.

Bible details sooo incredibly obvious
That is a big hoot.

that even the Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic freely admit to this
I have not read where those Bible Scholars have rushed over to your camp and began preaching the Israelite only Sabbath requirement. Keep me posted as to who has joined your camp.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0