Hebrews 8 shows us that Christ gave the TEN Commandments - Christ's Commandments

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Moses law was additional law. It was added to the law of faith. The nations were judged by those laws. The land spue them out for it.
27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.
Obviously the same standard applied because that standard was retained in Moses law.
The Nations were not judged by law given in the Sinai covenant it is additional law given in covenant with Israel at Sinai.
I noticed you didn’t answer the question.

Which commandment(s) do you think God is okay with us breaking?

Last edited:
Reactions: namohcam
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed you have ignored the scripture I quoted.
I’m waiting for you to provide scripture where we are supposed to ignore Jesus and the disciples when they quote directly from the Ten Commandment and scripture telling us we no longer need to keep the commandment of God written in our heart in the New Covenant. You claim we no longer have to keep the commandments of God so are you saying all of God’s commandments are deleted or just some. If it is some, which ones specifically?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It is a sin for a Jew to take God's name in vain because that was in their written law.

Gentiles at the time of Jesus did not know the God of Israel. Nor were the Gentiles aware of any written law relating to this God of the Jews. So transgressing the law was impossible for the Gentiles.

This is an incredibly, obvious fact, that you may not know.Correct.You need the scripture to support that claim.
It ilso true IMO, men of faith kept the law in spirit. What God fearing man would have used the Lord's name in vain? They would not have. Certainly Abraham would not have. He was fully aware of Gods exalted nature above him to sacrifice his own Son. So much so, he trusted in God's power so as to even raise the dead

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It ilso true IMO, men of faith kept the law in spirit. What God fearing man would have used the Lord's name in vain? They would not have. Certainly Abraham would not have. He was fully aware of Gods exalted nature above him to sacrifice his own Son. So much so, he trusted in God's power so as to even raise the dead
Why do you apply this theory to only one of the commandments and not all of them? Why pick and choose which one you think we should keep out of faith. God’s Ten Commandments came in a covenant of Ten not nine or eight personally written by our Creator and Savior, kept in the Most Holy of God’s Temple- all Ten of them.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I’m waiting for you to provide scripture where we are supposed to ignore Jesus and the disciples when they quote directly from the Ten Commandment and scripture telling us we no longer need to keep the commandment of God written in our heart in the New Covenant.
I already addressed this in saying the law of faith was not abolished at Sinai.
You claim we no longer have to keep the commandments of God so are you saying all of God’s commandments are deleted or just some.
I have said no such thing.
If it is some, which ones specifically?
Well look em up. What did the nations do that defiled the land that God spue them out?Lev 18:27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Look em up if you want some. I am not interested in playing cat and mouse.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already addressed this in saying the law of faith was not abolished at Sinai.

I have said no such thing.

Well look em up. What did the nations do that defiled the land that God spue them out?
Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Look em up if you want some. I am not interested in playing cat and mouse.
So you agree than we should keep the commandments of God? I’m having a hard time following what you’re trying to say. I’m talking about the Ten Commandments. We can get to the law of Moses later if you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you agree than we should keep the commandments of God? I’m having a hard time following what you’re trying to say. I talking about the Ten Commandments now. We can get to the law of Moses later if you like.
We keep them in sprit.
Gen 20:9 Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.

Ambimelec Certainly knew not to take a married woman...

Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife’s sake.
Abraham thought they did not fear God.....

See the discussion between God and Ambimelec over Sarah Abraham's wife

Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man’s wife. {a man’s … : Heb. married to an husband }
4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. {integrity: or, simplicity, or, sincerity }
6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
Noah a preacher of righteousness was laughed at they did not have a fear of God.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We keep them in sprit.
Gen 20:9 Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.

Ambimelec Certainly knew not to take a married woman...

Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife’s sake.
Abraham thought they did not fear God.....

See the discussion between God and Ambimelec over Sarah Abraham's wife

Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man’s wife. {a man’s … : Heb. married to an husband }
4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. {integrity: or, simplicity, or, sincerity }
6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
According to Jesus we can’t keep the law in Spirit if we don’t keep them literal. Jesus gave a couple examples of this:

Matthew 5

Murder Begins in the Heart
21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Adultery in the Heart
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Does Jesus want us to literally commit murder or adultery? You cannot not keep the spirit of the commandments by breaking the literal commandments.

Which is why one of the last verses in the Bible says:

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why do you apply this theory to only one of the commandments and not all of them? Why pick and choose which one you think we should keep out of faith. God’s Ten Commandments came in a covenant of Ten not nine or eight personally written by our Creator and Savior, kept in the Most Holy of God’s Temple- all Ten of them.
Giving a day of rest to those whom you have power over (Servants and slaves) is keeping the Sabbath. The Egyptians were not Judged for having bondmen. They were judged because of the cruelty with which they ruled. The Hebrews were to do none of that.
Ex 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.
De 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Ex 23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Giving a day of rest to those whom you have power over (Servants and slaves) is keeping the Sabbath. The Egyptians were not Judged for having bondmen. They were judged because of the cruelty with which they ruled. The Hebrews were to do none of that.
Ex 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.
De 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Ex 23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

I’m glad we agree we need to keep the Sabbath as it is the holy day of the Lord thy God. God never said the Sabbath was meant only for people we have power over.

Here is the commandment the way God spoke and wrote it.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who iswithin your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

God blessed the seventh day and made it holy and commanded us to keep it holy. It’s more than a day off.

Lev 23:3 ‘Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 58:13.
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,”
says the Lord.

Happy Sabbath all! I’m off for now. God bless!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob, you need to support your claims which hard evidence.

That is why I included those texts.

Here is your claim.

But God's commandments were there since Eden as even D.L. Moody and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" admit - and so also C.H. Spurgeon.

They all affirm it as stated - my guess is you already know it.

You need the scripture to support that claim.

Where in Genesis does God invoke the ten commandments upon humanity?

Jesus said it was "made for mankind" Mark 2:27 - are you suggesting that Christ was in error?

Matt 4 "mankind shall not live by bread alone..."
Mark 2:27 "the Sabbath was made for mankind"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus altered those commandments that you listed. You are not correctly quoting those commandments.

No... He did not delete or downsize them.

Details matter.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is why I included those texts.

They all affirm it as stated - my guess is you already know it.

Jesus said it was "made for mankind" Mark 2:27 - are you suggesting that Christ was in error?

Matt 4 "mankind shall not live by bread alone..."
Mark 2:27 "the Sabbath was made for mankind"
Bob, you said the ten commandments were given in Eden. Quoting one commandment with a doubtful interpretation is not the evidence.

Use the scripture Bob and support your claim. You need to provide from the scripture that the ten commandments were given to Adam.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I truly believe you have a misconception of what is written on our hearts. You tell us it is the ten commandments. Do you realize that the greatest command ever given is not one of the ten commandments? The ten commandments were given to Israel as their duty to God and their fellow man. Pure love as Jesus taught is what is written in our hearts. The Holy Spirit has never pricked my heart by nudging me to keep a day. Most people on this Earth have never even heard of the Israelite, done away with, Sabbath, but they do know about because Love is written in our hearts.
So I will ask you this question. Which one of these commandments are we allowed to break and still show love to God or man when we break them?

Exodus 34:28
And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments
And God spoke all these words:

Exodus 20:2. "You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments" (Exodus 20:4–6).
3. "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain" (Exodus 20:7).
4. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:8–11).
5. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you" (Exodus 20:12).
6. "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Exodus 20:14).
8. "You shall not steal" (Exodus 20:15).
9. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor" (Exodus 20:16).
10. "You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's" (Exodus 20:17).

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).
5. "Honor your father and your mother" (Matthew 19:19).
6. "You shall not murder" (Romans 13:9).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Matthew 19:18).
8. "You shall not steal" (Romans 13:9).
9. "You shall not bear false witness" (Romans 13:9).
10. "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you suggesting we should just ignore God and Jesus when they tell us to keep the commandments and than quote directly from the Ten Commandments even in the New Testament?

Jesus and the disciples quote directly from the Ten Commandments Matthew 19:16-18, James 2:10-11, Revelations 22:15
Yes, Jesus quoted from the ten commandments, but just to remind you He also quoted from the other commands in the book of the Law. The greatest commandments, love, are not found in the ten, they are found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Jesus in Matt 5: 31-48 is Quoting from the Book of the Law. Should we then observe all the laws of the book too since He also mentions them?
Divorce
31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths
33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Eye for Eye
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Which is why we see all Ten Commandments repeated in the New Testament
Where does it tell gentiles to keep the Sabbath day holy? Jesus talked to the Jews who were under the laws of the old covenant about Sabbath, but He never instructed any of the Apostles to mention any day as being holy. Paul was tutored by Jesus and He never mentioned that Sabbath had to be observed. If it is so important that not keeping it we will lose our eternal life, as your prophet claims, then why wasn't it ever mentioned of any instruction given?

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).
5. "Honor your father and your mother" (Matthew 19:19).
6. "You shall not murder" (Romans 13:9).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Matthew 19:18).
8. "You shall not steal" (Romans 13:9).
9. "You shall not bear false witness" (Romans 13:9).
10. "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).
In number 4 you are trying to make it sound like the writer is telling the Jews, to whom the book is written, that they must keep the Sabbath. Are you aware that the Jews were already strictly observing the Sabbath? You are making the writer preaching to the choir. The verses included in the instructions claim that the Jews have never entered the rest God had for them. So, the writer was not referring that any of us must keep the weekly Sabbath, He was telling Jews that they had never entered the Rest God had for them. It is a terrible mistake to misquote scripture giving and others the wrong information.

Which commandment do you think God is okay with us breaking?
Since you are asking that question which of the following is it okay to break?
-Love
- Pride
- Greed
- Envy
- Wrath, Fits of Rage
- Lust
- Gluttony
- Sloth
- Dishonesty, Deception
- Impurity, Debauchery
- Witchcraft, Sorcery
- Hatred, Indifference
- Jealousy
- Showing Favoritism, Prejudice and Discrimination
- Selfish Ambition, Self-Centeredness
- Withholding Remedy to Human or Animal Needs
- Drunkenness, Drug Abuse
- Fornication, Sodomy, inappropriate behavior with animals
- Discord, Dissensions, Factions
- Unbelief, Disbelief, Agnosticism, Atheism
- to name a few of the many more

The definition of sin is not limited to the Ten Commandments.

And what about sins of omission?

James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do
and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I’m glad we agree we need to keep the Sabbath as it is the holy day of the Lord thy God. God never said the Sabbath was meant only for people we have power over.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who iswithin your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

God blessed the seventh day and made it holy and commanded us to keep it holy. It’s more than a day off.

Lev 23:3 ‘Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

says the Lord.

Happy Sabbath all! I’m off for now. God bless!
Read Romans 1.
Let me give you some examples.
In the united states at least many many males have been circumcised. It was a matter of culture in this country for hygienic purposes. They were not Jew's. Also in some countries, especially historically, a man having multiple wives was not an adulterer. Such was the case in Israel at one time. Yes, all that matters is the intent of the heart.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Mt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Mt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not quite true SB. God never has commanded "US" to keep the Sabbath Holy. The only ones He asked to keep the Sabbath holy were the Israelites. So far history nor scripture supports "us".

says the Lord.
24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.” Is 65: 20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.

Doesn't appear Isiah's new heaven to be the place God has for those who believe in Jesus and love others as He loves us now does it?

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yes, all that matters is the intent of the heart.

The heart:
  • The commandments of God cannot be separated from the heart. God made this clear, even in Moses' day. Obedience is a heart issue.
Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.​
  • Even if you are not aware of the law, you are still judged by the law written in your heart.
Romans 2:14-15 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another).​
  • Sin is transgression of the law of God. The law written in your heart is the law of God.
Hebrews 10:16, Hebrews 10:26 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them ... For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Read Romans 1.
Let me give you some examples.
In the united states at least many many males have been circumcised. It was a matter of culture in this country for hygienic purposes. They were not Jew's. Also in some countries, especially historically, a man having multiple wives was not an adulterer. Such was the case in Israel at one time. Yes, all that matters is the intent of the heart.
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Thanks for the response back but I am not sure how that relates to you saying the Sabbath was meant for people who are only under other people of power. That is not what God said the commandment is for. Exodus 20:8-11

Circumcision is not one of the Ten commandments of God but keeping the Sabbath day holy is. Paul tells us Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19

Yes, we must worship Jesus in Spirit and Truth and there is only One Truth and One Gospel. Why would we worship God on a day that is not blessed or sanctified by God nor is it a commandment of God, when God said these things only about the seventh day Sabbath. Jesus quotes this exact scenario that you quote, that we are to obey commandments of God over tradition. There is no commandment to keep the first day holy or is it the holy day of the Lord thy God or is a day that God Blessed, Sanctified or commanded us to Remember and keep holy. Sunday worship is a tradition not a commandment and the very verse you quote Jesus warns us to obey God’ s commandments and keeping traditions over commandments is worshipping in vain. You might want to consider prayerfully reading the exact scripture you quote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0