Hebrews 8 shows us that Christ gave the TEN Commandments - Christ's Commandments

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What they do not notice is that the law was given to the nation of Israel.

What "some" do not notice is that Israel is part of "mankind" and it is a sin for "mankind" to steal, or take God's name in vain .. "not just when Jews do it".

Some consider this to be incredibly obvious.

In fact Bible scholars on both sides of the Sabbath topic admit to the TEN included in the moral law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers - and in Jer 31:31-34 part of the NEW COVENANT that writes the LAW OF God on the heart -- the one that has "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

the Lord's commandments include the TEN and were given to the church and they reflect the fruit of the Holy Spirit - as Christ reminds us in Matt 19 and as Paul reminds us in Eph 6:2 and Romans 13.

God informs us that the OT saints are examples for us in Heb 11 and tells us that He gave Abraham HIS commandments Gen 26:5 so not just the nation church of Israel at Sinai and not just to Adam and Eve in Eden where in Gen 4 God reminds Cain that hate and anger and even murder are well-known well-defined "sin".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What I am saying is that "ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16.

Is this not in line with your POV???

Hint: exegesis includes the same writer writing on the same topic in his other letters. I assume you are opposed to exegesis from your apparent rejection to it.
Not at all.

When Jesus is talking to the Jews; Jesus is talking to a nation under the law.

When an apostle is talking to a Gentile; the apostle is addressing people that are not under the law.

That is what Acts 15 is all about Bob. How does the law of Moses apply to the Gentiles?

Answer, Gentiles are not under the law!

Romans 7:4
Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What "some" do not notice is that Israel is part of "mankind" and it is a sin for "mankind" to steal, or take God's name in vain .. "not just when Jews do it".

Some consider this to be incredibly obvious.

In fact Bible scholars on both sides of the Sabbath topic admit to the TEN included in the moral law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers - and in Jer 31:31-34 part of the NEW COVENANT that writes the LAW OF God on the heart -- the one that has "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

the Lord's commandments include the TEN and were given to the church and they reflect the fruit of the Holy Spirit - as Christ reminds us in Matt 19 and as Paul reminds us in Eph 6:2 and Romans 13.

God informs us that the OT saints are examples for us in Heb 11 and tells us that He gave Abraham HIS commandments Gen 26:5 so not just the nation church of Israel at Sinai and not just to Adam and Eve in Eden where in Gen 4 God reminds Cain that hate and anger and even murder are well-known well-defined "sin".
Are you saying that the law was not given at Mt Sinai?

So when was all mankind given the law?

When were all nations required to be circumcised?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that the law was not given at Mt Sinai?

I am saying "the obvious" that Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic agree to -- which that it was ALWAYS a sin "to take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it".

This is incredibly obvious.

Sinai was the first time there was an external "Written Law" --

But God's commandments were there since Eden as even D.L. Moody and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" admit - and so also C.H. Spurgeon.

It just does not "get" any easier than that.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not at all.

When Jesus is talking to the Jews; Jesus is talking to a nation under the law.

Rom 3:19-20 - all the world - every mouth is "under the Law" - and condemned if they do not accept the Gospel

So then the Gospel was preached in the OT "the Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

Again - an incredibly obvious Bible detail.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

What else does Paul say about faith?

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
What law is established?
Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rom 3:19-20 - all the world - every mouth is "under the Law" - and condemned if they do not accept the Gospel

So then the Gospel was preached in the OT "the Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

Again - an incredibly obvious Bible detail.
Abraham was not under the law of Moses. He kept the law of faith

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am saying "the obvious" that Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic agree to -- which that it was ALWAYS a sin "to take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it".
It is a sin for a Jew to take God's name in vain because that was in their written law.

Gentiles at the time of Jesus did not know the God of Israel. Nor were the Gentiles aware of any written law relating to this God of the Jews. So transgressing the law was impossible for the Gentiles.

This is an incredibly, obvious fact, that you may not know.
Correct.
But God's commandments were there since Eden as even D.L. Moody and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" admit - and so also C.H. Spurgeon.
You need the scripture to support that claim.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is incredibly obvious.

It just does not "get" any easier than that.
Why do you continue to go to those in Babylon to get your proof? What would your prophet think of you for going to Babylon for advice? You should be going to Ellen for your proof.

Laws dealing with moral issues have been and will be forever. The written ten commandments dealt with only nine of the many moral issues. Here are some of the moral issues the ten commandments failed to mention.

- Love
- Pride
- Greed
- Envy
- Wrath, Fits of Rage
- Lust
- Gluttony
- Sloth
- Dishonesty, Deception
- Impurity, Debauchery
- Witchcraft, Sorcery
- Hatred, Indifference
- Jealousy
- Showing Favoritism, Prejudice and Discrimination
- Selfish Ambition, Self-Centeredness
- Withholding Remedy to Human or Animal Needs
- Drunkenness, Drug Abuse
- Fornication, Sodomy, inappropriate behavior with animals
- Discord, Dissensions, Factions
- Unbelief, Disbelief, Agnosticism, Atheism
- Etc.

The definition of sin is not limited to the Ten Commandments.

And what about sins of omission?

James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do
and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What law is established?
Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

You might want to keep reading a little further….

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Paul is not deleting the commandments of God here as he tells us what matters is keeping the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19

God’s saints have both the faith in Jesus and keep the commandments of God Revelations 14:12

True faith means we want to believe the Words of our Savior and have His laws written in our hearts and minds and we fulfill those laws and show faith when we obey not disobey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Paul is not deleting the commandments of God here as he tells us what matters is keeping the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19
Yes, that is what Jesus said in John 15: 9-10
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

What is Jesus' command to every human being? 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Jesus is God my friend. Jesus kept the whole Law given to Israel as commanded by God. All mankind were not under the Laws the Father gave to Israel. All mankind are under the Royal Law of Love the Son gave us. We Know we are of the TRUTH if we believe in Jesus as our Savior and love others as Jesus loves us. 1Jn 3:19-24 So, my friend, we can choose Moses and the Law given to Israel or the new covenant TRUTH given by the Son. You think you have the truth because you claim to keep Sabbath of the Mosaic covenant. I know I have the TRUTH because I love Jesus and keep His commandments.

God’s saints have both the faith in Jesus and keep the commandments of God Revelations 14:12
Jesus kept all of the 613 laws that pertained to Him. If you believe that you too must keep the commandments that Jesus kept then you had better bone up on all of the 613 that pertain to you. If salvation depends on your keeping all of those old covenant laws, then.... well, I am not your judge, but I can tell you that if I believe and love others as Jesus loves us I am of the truth and my salvation is sealed. Jn6:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life."

True faith means we want to believe the Words of our Savior and have His laws written in our hearts and minds and we fulfill those laws and show faith when we obey not disobey.
I truly believe you have a misconception of what is written on our hearts. You tell us it is the ten commandments. Do you realize that the greatest command ever given is not one of the ten commandments? The ten commandments were given to Israel as their duty to God and their fellow man. Pure love as Jesus taught is what is written in our hearts. The Holy Spirit has never pricked my heart by nudging me to keep a day. Most people on this Earth have never even heard of the Israelite, done away with, Sabbath, but they do know about because Love is written in our hearts.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Abraham was not under the law of Moses. He kept the law of faith

1. It was a sin for Abraham to "take God's name in vain" just as it was for everyone else in all of time.

Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic agree to -- which that it was ALWAYS a sin "to take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it".

2. Moses said this about God speaking to Isaac in Gen 26:5
5... Abraham obeyed Me and fulfilled his duty to Me, and kept My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.

Moses' readers knew exactly what those terms meant. (Key fact in exegesis).

3. The NEW Covenant is OLD testament as Jeremiah tells us in Jer 31:31-34

4. It is the ONE Gospel of Gal 1:6-9 by which Moses and Elijah stand with Christ in glory - in Matt 17

Why do you continue to go to those in Babylon

I simply point to irrefutable facts even when you find them inconvenient.

It is a sin for a Jew to take God's name in vain because that was in their written law.

No -- it is sin for any human to take God's name in vain because God makes Law that defines what sin is (1 John 3:4) and Rom 3:19-21 tells us that Law condemns all mankind as sinners.

Obviously

19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law none of mankind will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes knowledge of sin...23 For ALL have SINNED .

James 2:
8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the Law as violators. 10 For whoever keeps the whole Law, yet stumbles in one point, has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do murder, you have become a violator of the Law. 12 So speak, and so act, as those who are to be judged by the law of freedom.

God's commandments to mankind include the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2 Also known to Jeremiah and his readers when he penned the NEW Covenant Jer 31:31-34

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Reading further does not make this law, Sinai law. It still concerns the law of faith that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob walked in.
Deut 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Why do you think, I think Paul is abolishing God's commandments? And what makes you think the law which Abraham Kept was not retained in Moses law? Of course it was retained since it could not be disanulled by the covenant given 430 years later. Indeed, Sinai law was ADDITIONAL to it....
Ga 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. The Christ, the royal seed in the promise made to Abraham and Sarah...

Ge 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
It was Sinai, which was 430 after...
Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Ga 3:17 And this I say, that, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years
after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

The above concerns the Gospel which was preached before Sinai, to Abraham. It was in covenant with Abraham, and confirmed much earlier.
Furthermore............
Abraham
Instructed all his household in it...
Ge 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Yep, by the gospel in Christ which the law (of Sinai) which was 430 years after cannot disannul...
Just like Abraham.
Do you even notice The covenant God made with Abraham in Genesis 17? The annointed ones are..
1. Prophets
2. Kings
3. Priests
The covenant made with Abraham in Christ, was of kings
Sarah an allegory.....Kings, Royal seed....
Ge 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Hagar An allegory for Sinai..
Ge 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1. It was a sin for Abraham to "take God's name in vain" just as it was for everyone else in all of time.

Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic agree to -- which that it was ALWAYS a sin "to take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it".

2. Moses said this about God speaking to Isaac in Gen 26:6
5... Abraham obeyed Me and fulfilled his duty to Me, and kept My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
Read my post above. Keeping commandments was a part of the promises made to Abraham.....You guys are Abolishing Abrahams law, at Sinai.

4. It is the ONE Gospel of Gal 1:6-9 by which Moses and Elijah stand with Christ in glory - in Matt 17

No -- it is sin for any human to take God's name in vain because God makes Law that defines what sin is (1 John 3:4) and Rom 3:19-21 tells us that Law condemns all mankind as sinners.

Obviously

19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law none of mankind will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes knowledge of sin...23 For ALL have SINNED .

James 2:
8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the Law as violators. 10 For whoever keeps the whole Law, yet stumbles in one point, has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do murder, you have become a violator of the Law. 12 So speak, and so act, as those who are to be judged by the law of freedom.

God's commandments to mankind include the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2 Also known to Jeremiah and his readers when he penned the NEW Covenant Jer 31:31-34
You speak as though Abraham had no law or commands?
Read my post above. Keeping commandments was a part of the promises made to Abraham.....You guys are Abolishing Abrahams law, at Sinai.
instructed his whole household in it
You think Noah did not know God? He obeyed God. The law of faith is not disanulled at Sinai. Further The law of faith righteousness and justice given Abraham . For Moses law was 430 after was added to it, due to sin.
Ge 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Obviously

You speak as though Abraham had no law or commands?

On the contrary I speak as though Moses' readers knew exactly what he meant when he spoke of God's commandments given to Abraham.

Ex 15:26 - same topic same author same readers.
26 And He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and listen to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the Lord, am your healer.”

Gen 26:5

Remember - Genesis, most-of-Exodus and Leviticus are all given to Moses' readers at around the same time.

Deut 5:31
31 But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments which you shall teach them, so that they may follow them in the land which I am giving them to possess.’

Deut 6:2
2 so that you, your son, and your grandson will fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged.

So the point remains that Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic in almost all Christian denominations agree to this obvious Bible detail -- which that it was ALWAYS a sin "to take God's name in vain" and not "just when Jews do it".

And I am not bothered a bit by the fact that Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic agree on this key obvious Bible detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Indeed no other nation covenant - but that cannot be bent to also say "it used to be ok to take God's name in vain"

or "it is only a sin when Jews take God's name in vain"

A Bible detail so obvious - that Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic in almost all Christian denominations agree to this obvious Bible teaching

No wonder that the TEN - having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" are included in the law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers in Jer 31:31-34 and so written on the heart under the NEW Covenant.

Reactions: namohcam
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Reading further does not make this law, Sinai law. It still concerns the law of faith that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob walked in.

Why do you think, I think Paul is abolishing God's commandments? And what makes you think the law which Abraham Kept was not retained in Moses law? Of course it was retained since it could not be disanulled by the covenant given 430 years later. Indeed, Sinai law was ADDITIONAL to it....
Ga 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. The Christ, the royal seed in the promise made to Abraham and Sarah...

It was not Sinai, which was 430 after...
Ga 3:17 And this I say, that, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years
after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

The above concerns the Gospel which was preached before Sinai, to Abraham. It was in covenant with Abraham, and confirmed much earlier.
Furthermore............
Abraham
Instructed all his household in it...

Yep, by the gospel in Christ which the law (of Sinai) which was 430 years after cannot disannul...

Just like Abraham.
Do you even notice The covenant God made with Abraham in Genesis 17? The annointed ones are..
1. Prophets
2. Kings
3. Priests
The covenant made with Abraham in Christ, was of kings
Sarah an allegory.....Kings, Royal seed....
Ge 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Hagar An allegory for Sinai..
Ge 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

So are you suggesting we should just ignore God and Jesus when they tell us to keep the commandments and than quote directly from the Ten Commandments even in the New Testament?

Jesus and the disciples quote directly from the Ten Commandments Matthew 19:16-18, James 2:10-11, Revelations 22:15

Which is why we see all Ten Commandments repeated in the New Testament

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).
5. "Honor your father and your mother" (Matthew 19:19).
6. "You shall not murder" (Romans 13:9).
7. "You shall not commit adultery" (Matthew 19:18).
8. "You shall not steal" (Romans 13:9).
9. "You shall not bear false witness" (Romans 13:9).
10. "You shall not covet" (Romans 7:7).

Which commandment do you think God is okay with us breaking?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Obviously

James 2:

Bob, you need to support your claims which hard evidence.

Here is your claim.

You need the scripture to support that claim.

Where in Genesis does God invoke the ten commandments upon humanity?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So are you suggesting we should just ignore God and Jesus when they tell us to keep the commandments and than quote directly from the Ten Commandments even in the New Testament?

Jesus and the disciples quote directly from the Ten Commandments Matthew 19:16-18, James 2:10-11, Revelations 22:15

1. "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve" (Matthew 4:10).
2. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21). "Since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising" (Acts 17:29).
3. "That the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed" (1 Timothy 6:1).
4. "He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).

Jesus altered those commandments that you listed. You are not correctly quoting those commandments.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Moses law was additional law. It was added to the law of faith. The nations were judged by those laws. The land spue them out for it.
27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled
28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.
Obviously the same standard applied because that standard was retained in Moses law.
The Nations were not judged by law given in the Sinai covenant it is additional law given in covenant with Israel at Sinai.

Last edited:
Upvote 0