Hebrews 8 shows us that Christ gave the TEN Commandments - Christ's Commandments

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I never did that.

I point out that

1. Christ is speaking at Sinai according to Paul in Heb 8:6-12 - we can see that detailed for us on page 1 of this thread
2. Jeremiah tells us that the NEW Covenant has the LAW OF GOD - known to Jeremiah AND his readers "written on the heart and mind" in Jer 31:31-34.
3. Paul reminds us that the Law of God includes the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

In some cases.

but Paul reminds us that
1. There is only ONE Gospel Gal 1:6-9
2. THAT Gospel was "preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

And Christ reminds us that
1. "Abraham SAW MY DAY - and was glad" John 8:56

Peter reminds us that this was shown to OT saints
10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 1 Peter 1

===================

Bible details "matter" even when some find them inconvenient. Hence my focus on sola scriptura testing of all doctrine.
Yes the details matter
Here is where Hebrews clearly speaks of the Sabbath, as well as the Gospel.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: {it was: or, the gospel was }
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. {Jesus: that is, Joshua }
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. {rest: or, keeping of a sabbath }
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Clearly This is peaking of the seventh day, and God rested. It also speaks of those who did not enter it. This is not the seventh day Sabbath Moses gave in the ten commands to the nation of Israel.
Deut 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
This is not speaking of the 4th commandment of the Sinai covenant. It is speaking of
The rest of fulfilling the promises made to Abraham in giving them the land. Hebrews eight is about the inheritance of the priesthood. Which were not heirs with the twelve tribes in the land.
Jos 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes the details matter
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: {it was: or, the gospel was }
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. {Jesus: that is, Joshua }
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. {rest: or, keeping of a sabbath }
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Clearly This is peaking of the seventh day, and God rested. It also speaks of those who did not enter it. This is not the seventh day Sabbath Moses gave in the ten commands to the nation of Israel.
Deut 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
This is not speaking of the 4th commandment of the Sinai covenant. It is speaking of
The rest of fulfilling the promises made to Abraham in giving them the land. Hebrews eight is about the inheritance of the priesthood. Which were not heirs with the twelve tribes in the land.
Jos 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

There are two rests being mentioned here not one.

The seventh day Sabbath- weekly Sabbath and the rest we receive in Christ when we obey.

The first rest is referring to the rest we receive when we obey.

Hebrews 4:6 and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

Ezekiel 20: 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths.

Why did the Israelites not enter into Christ rest? Because they disobeyed the Sabbath commandment. We are not rewarded when we disobey God's commandments.

I agree with you There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. {rest: or, keeping of a sabbath 

Yes, the Sabbath commandment is still a requirement as you just confirmed and we do not receive Christ rest when we are disobedient and break the commandments of God including the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You equate Sinai with the new covenant that is why. The covenants made with Abraham concerned heirs. Being made a father. The Sinai covenant were to the circumcision in the flesh. Inheriting the eternal kingdom requires no such thing.

No, I am addressing the gospel preached to Abraham before the Sinai covenant. We are heirs promised in covenant to Abraham.

He told the natural seed of Abraham, not everyone.

According to the scripture God spoke in David of another day.
Mentioned here
De 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

Jos 22:4 And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan.
This is a shadow, Hebrews speaks of this rest, this Sabbath.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus (i.e. Joshua) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. We enter into the rest of our inheritance in Jesus Christ. We are not without a Sabbath. Saturday is not a sign of the covenant made in Christ. It doesn't matter what day we rest from our toils of daily work.

The New Covenant is God's laws written in the heart. The Old Covenant God's Ten was written on stone, the New Covenant God's laws are written on the heart and mind so no I am not getting these two covenants confused.

You are confusing Christs rest with the 4th commandment. The 4th commandment is part of an eternal covenant of Ten that God handwrote for us and stored in the Most Holy of God's Temple now in our hearts so we obey them our of our love for God and in our minds so we won't forget.

God bless

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The New Covenant is God's laws written in the heart. The Old Covenant God's Ten was written on stone, the New Covenant God's laws are written on the heart and mind so no I am not getting these two covenants confused.

You are confusing Christs rest with the 4th commandment. The 4th commandment is part of an eternal covenant of Ten that God handwrote for us and stored in the Most Holy of God's Temple now in our hearts so we obey them our of our love for God and in our minds so we won't forget.

God bless
Deut 4:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
We don't inherit the eternal kingdom by keeping the covenant Sinai covenant.

Deut 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. {only … : Heb. save a voice }
13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Consider....
Their righteousness before the nations, That God not be blasphemed
De 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
De 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
De 9:5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
De 9:6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

They were not heirs of the promise land by keeping their righteousness before the nations. Rather that God not be blasphemed among the nations by them.

It was by Gods righteousness to keep the covenant and mercy promised to Abraham. How could God show himself righteous in keeping his promise with a nation no more righteous than those he destroyed? How could God shew himself righteous and all powerful if he does not keep his promise.
As was the case with Moses here....
Gen 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

This teaches, Keeping the Sinai covenant as Christian sacraments. We are not to argue over feast days and Sabbath. We are not to judge one another over these things. Judging is due to accepting these things in a sacramental ideolgy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Deut 4:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
We don't inherit the eternal kingdom by keeping the covenant Sinai covenant.

Deut 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. {only … : Heb. save a voice }
13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Consider....
Their righteousness before the nations, That God not be blasphemed
De 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
De 9:4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
De 9:5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
De 9:6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

They were not heirs of the promise land by keeping their righteousness before the nations. Rather that God not be blasphemed among the nations by them.

It was by Gods righteousness to keep the covenant and mercy promised to Abraham. How could God show himself righteous in keeping his promise with a nation no more righteous than those he destroyed? How could God shew himself righteous and all powerful if he does not keep his promise.
As was the case with Moses here....
Gen 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

This teaches, Keeping the Sinai covenant as Christian sacraments. We are not to argue over feast days and Sabbath. We are not to judge one another over these things. Judging is due to accepting these things in a sacramental ideolgy.
No this doesn't say what you want it to say. The laws are the same the Covenant at Sinai was made to a whole nation- spoken by God and written by God's own finger stored in the Most holy of Gods earthy Temple which He has a duplicate in Heaven. Where there is no law there is no sin. Romans 5:13 Cain murdered Abel and that was sin so there was law.

You take a lot of scriptures out of context and place scripture that has nothing to do with the post you're responding to.

There is nothing in scripture that deletes the 4th commandment and holy day of the Lord thy God. If you do want to worship our Lord and Savior on God's holy day on this earth will you want to in Heaven and the New Earth because God's Sabbath and holy day will continue to be God's chosen day of worship Isaiah 66:23 God gives us free will and God will for is the same in heaven as it is on this earth.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

God bless

Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

God is not an unjust Judge, nor partial, nor a hypocritical judge......
As Abraham knew well...
Ge 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

God is not an unjust Judge, nor partial, nor a hypocritical judge......
As Abraham knew well...
Ge 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Paul is quoting directly from the Ten Commandments so this is not helping your case!

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Paul is quoting directly from the Ten Commandments so this is not helping your case!
God did not condemn the nations whom he dispossesed for not keeping the Saturday Sabbath. That command was a sign of the covenant made with Israel. It was not the sign of the covenant made with Abraham.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God did not condemn the nations whom he dispossesed for not keeping the Saturday Sabbath. That command was a sign of the covenant made with Israel. It was not the sign of the covenant made with Abraham.
There is only one Gospel and one Truth. The holy day of the Lord thy God applies to all of mankind. Mark 2:27 God does not have one holy day for Him and Jews only and everyone else can pick their day. This is not biblical.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is only one Gospel and one Truth.
Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
The holy day of the Lord thy God applies to all of mankind. Mark 2:27 God does not have one holy day for Him and Jew only and everyone else can pick their day. This is not biblical.
Yet you have quoted scripture concerning Sabbaths? God has more than one covenant however, and the Sabbath given for a sign of the Sinai covenant.

Ro 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Yet you have quoted scripture concerning Sabbaths? God has more than one covenant however, and the Sabbath given for a sign of the Sinai covenant.

Ro 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
None of this has to do with the Sabbath commandment that God wrote and spoke and the day we will worship Him as promised by God Exodus 31:16 forever Isaiah 66:23

If the Sabbath was a sign only at Sinai why do we see it still a law in the New Covenant? Why was Jesus accused of breaking the Sabbath if there was no Sabbath commandment? Why did Jesus and the disciples keep the commandments and tell us to if it didn't matter? You might want to take a read at the New Testament because the Sabbath is mentioned over 60 times and Jesus is our example so if Jesus is preaching God's Word on the Sabbath day that's where I want to be.

According to scripture God's saints keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus Revelations 22:14. Why are you so against the holy day of the Lord thy God? There is only one. Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
None of this has to do with the Sabbath commandment that God wrote and spoke and the day we will worship Him as promised by God Exodus 31:16 forever Isaiah 66:23

If the Sabbath was a sign only at Sinai why do we see it still a law in the New Covenant?
Because these things were earthly examples of heavenly realities. Shadows and patterns in this world.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

While you focus upon the word perpetual I see the phrase in your generations.
Why was Jesus accused of breaking the Sabbath if there was no Sabbath commandment?
Because he was born of a woman, born under the law...
Why did Jesus and the disciples keep the commandments and tell us to if it didn't matter?
Same answer as above. The only difference here is you see Jesus speaking to the uncircumcision. I do not. He came to those born of women born under the law, to Jew's. So they kept the law of the land, and law concerning temple etc.
But......He sent them out into all the world teaching all nations
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
You might want to take a read at the New Testament because the Sabbath is mentioned over 60 times and Jesus is our example so if Jesus is preaching God's Word on the Sabbath day that's where I want to be.
I also gave you scripture from Paul, as well as the ones who sent to teach and baptize us.

According to scripture God's saints keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus Revelations 22:14. Why are you so against the holy day of the Lord thy God? There is only one. Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13
I am done here. I have presented my defense to your accusations. My faith is not in the Sinai covenant. Nor are the promises concerning me based in it. We in Christ who are apart from the law are neither without a Sabbath, nor without law.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because these things were earthly examples of heavenly realities. Shadows and patterns in this world.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

While you focus upon the word perpetual I see the phrase in your generations.

Because he was born of a woman, born under the law...

Same answer as above. The only difference here is you see Jesus speaking to the uncircumcision. I do not. He came to those born of women born under the law, to Jew's. So they kept the law of the land, and law concerning temple etc.
But......He sent them out into all the world teaching all nations
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I also gave you scripture from Paul one who was sent to teach and baptize us.

I am done here. I have presented my defense to your accusations. My faith is not in the Sinai covenant. Nor are the promises concerning me based in it. We in Christ who are apart from the law are neither without a Sabbath, nor without law.
There is no accusation, your argument is not with me, but the scriptures. There is no Jew or Gentile in the New Covenant Gal 3:28 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ. Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for man Mark 2:27 which is everyone.

Isaiah 66:23 is very specific and consistent with the day that God said is holy to Him from the beginning! Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13 And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

You cannot sperate God's Sabbath and holy day from the covenant of Ten that God wrote with His own finger and spoke with His own voice now written in our hearts. God said to REMEMBER so if its important to God, it should be important to us.

God bless and its been nice chatting with you.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You must recognize the commandments of Christ are a different set to the ten commandments.
Different IMO, because we do not keep them according to the written law. The law of faith, which law he sent his disciples unto all nations to teach us.
Paul the apostle delivers the commandments of Christ to the church in Corinth.

Let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. (1 Corinthians 14:37)

If one is truly a prophet, a spiritual man, he will clearly see that, concerning speaking with tongues and prophesying, morality and love. That these commands of Christ, and are to be esteemed as such, being delivered under the influence of the Holy Spirit.
Yep....Just as opening up the scriptures to them...
Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1. Christ is speaking at Sinai according to Paul in Heb 8:6-12 - we can see that detailed for us on page 1 of this thread
2. Jeremiah tells us that the NEW Covenant has the LAW OF GOD - known to Jeremiah AND his readers "written on the heart and mind" in Jer 31:31-34.
3. Paul reminds us that the Law of God includes the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

In some cases.

but Paul reminds us that

10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 1 Peter 1

===================

Bible details "matter" even when some find them inconvenient. Hence my focus on sola scriptura testing of all doctrine

Yes the details matter

Indeed.

"9 There remains therefore a Sabbath rest to the people of God"

The Sabbath Remains from when? and for whom? according to the chapter?

1.Remains as it was at the time of David in Psalms 95
2.Remains for the people of God.

This is why I don't need to ignore all those texts above - that I just quoted.

• Winner
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

In some cases.

but Paul reminds us that

===================

Bible details "matter" even when some find them inconvenient. Hence my focus on sola scriptura testing of all doctrine

Indeed.

"9 There remains therefore a Sabbath rest to the people of God"

The Sabbath Remains from when? and for whom? according to the chapter?

1.Remains as it was at the time of David in Psalms 95
2.Remains for the people of God.

This is why I don't need to ignore all those texts above - that I just quoted.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
Ge 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
Yep Abraham did see...
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
God's oath In Genesis 22
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Heb 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

Levitical order without and oath
Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) {without … : or, without swearing of an oath }
Heb 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Gal3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

1chr. 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;

The promised kingdom to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was the eternal kingdom in the resurrection
Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: {Of: or, To }
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

The Sinai law cannot disanull the covenant promise of God's oath, to Abraham, or in David... Sin increasing merely increases the grace of God's oath, as it will be seen and was done in Christ Jesus..
I am done also here with you, as I have offered my defense enough, we are not to judge one another over feast days and Sabbaths of the written law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sinai law cannot disanull the covenant promise of God's oath, to Abraham, or in David

True.

When God said "do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 he did not cancel "the gospel preached to Abraham". It would be sin for Abraham to do it and it has always been a sin to do it. The Gospel is not a means for taking God's name in vain and calling it a "good thing".

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What they do not notice is that the law was given to the nation of Israel. The law merely granted the knowledge of sin and condemnation.
Truth
Where as the Lord's commandments were given to the church and they reflect the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Truth, rather than command the flesh (hands, feet, eyes), it commands the soul to love God and others.
A powerful difference between these two sets of commandments.
Truth

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Truth
Truth, rather than command the flesh (hands, feet, eyes), it commands the soul to love God and others.
Truth

The flesh that takes God's name in vain is sinning.

Jame 2 gives example of the flesh doing that sort of thing.

8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the Law as violators.

1 Cor 6 is an example of the flesh doing that sort of thing
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 3:4 "sin IS transgression of the LAW"

Where that LAW of God includes "the TEN" having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

Upvote 0