Hebrews 3 and 4 is God's weekly Sabbath for everyone!

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I knew that was coming. The seventh day was created by God. He rested on the seventh day according to the scriptures

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. 2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” (John 5:17)

I will imitate God.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” (John 5:17)

I will imitate God.
Are you accusing God and Jesus of breaking the Sabbath? That is not what this scripture says. John 5:17. Doing God’s work- is not breaking the Sabbath but working and doing your work is.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The days are made in the evenings, so probably right before the Sabbath.

how so ... seeing the morning follows the evening, and so just before the sabbath was morning and if you do the math on it you are now saying ( missing out this morning as you say He only labors in the evening) He according to you labored for only six half days ....

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Are you accusing God and Jesus of breaking the Sabbath? That is not what this scripture says. John 5:17. Doing God’s work- is not breaking the Sabbath but working and doing your work is.
Jesus is illustrating that you do not understand the true nature of the sabbath.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
how so ... seeing the morning follows the evening, and so just before the sabbath was morning and if you do the math on it you are now saying ( missing out this morning as you say He only labors in the evening) He according to you labored for only six half days ....
I did not say God only works in the evening. The days start in the evenings.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is illustrating that you do not understand the true nature of the sabbath.
No, Jesus was being accused of breaking the Sabbath by healing and doing well. There is no scripture stating we can do our work on the Sabbath, this is your teaching not God’s.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No, Jesus was being accused of breaking the Sabbath by healing and doing well. There is no scripture stating we can do our work on the Sabbath, this is your teaching not God’s.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
I quoted scripture, and you claim it is my words. However, when you speak it is the scripture. I see how it is.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I quoted scripture, and you claim it is my words. However, when you speak it is the scripture. I see how it is.
You are making Jesus out to be a sinner. Jesus kept His Fathers commandments and told us to as well. John 15:10

The Pharisees added rules to the Sabbath that never existed from God. Jesus was teaching them it is okay to do well on the Sabbath, no scripture says we can do our work on the Sabbath. You took a scripture out of context and ignored the other scriptures to make case to do your will and not what was instructed by God or the example from Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said that you did, not I. I am sure it took a nano second for God to create something I would not under estimate Him.

in post 41 you said "The days are made in the evenings," so perhaps i wrongly assumed you meant that He only created in the evenings and not the mornings ... none the less you first said he created for 7 days but when pressed you rightly said in a round about way that He created for 6 days

i will show your posts if needed ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
in post 41 you said "The days are made in the evenings," so perhaps i wrongly assumed you meant that He only created in the evenings and not the mornings ... none the less you first said he created for 7 days but when pressed you rightly said in a round about way that He created for 6 days

i will show your posts if needed ...
Genesis 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

The days start in the evenings. God created the seventh day as well and rested on the seventh day. He probably created the seventh day in the evening right before the day began.

I never said God only creates in the evening, the days begins in the evening.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first days.

The days start in the evenings. God created the seventh day as well and rested on the seventh day. He probably created the seventh day in the evening right before the day began.

I never said God only creates in the evening, the days begins in the evening. Not sure the point your trying to make here so come out and say it.

my point is that He did not labor on the seventh day, i asked you ( post 35 ) how many evenings and mornings did he labor for, to which you said 7, which implies he labored on the seventh day so i pressed you about this and you then said "The days are made in the evenings, so probably right before the Sabbath" which implies He labored six day ... so you changed your mind in a few posts ...

my point is, is that its very clear you do not understand the creative weak and its relation to the sabbath ... even in this post you are flip flopping using words like "probably" when the book is clear that He worked six days evening and morning and rested on the seventh..

its interesting to me that SDA members teach weakly sabbath keeping yet do not understand basic things about it ...

i am out :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God worked six days and rested the seventh day. He blessed and sanctified the seventh day. God does not need rest this was an example for us and the very first Sabbath that was made for man on the sixth day. God bless

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The biblical days are from evening to evening which is why the Sabbath is celebrated from evening to evening to cover the entire Sabbath day.
Sister, this next sentence does not start the first day, it gives the end of the first day as a "night" from evening to morning. The first day ends in a morning and not in an evening like the Sabbath in the Promised Land. The first day started before this sentence, in the special case of the first day from first light to light again in the "morning".

And there was EVENING, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NIV)​

From evening to morning is what God called "night", you are missing a morning to evening that God called "day".

day&Sabbath.png

Notice that God did not say in the next passage the "night" half from evening to morning as He said on the first day.

It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.” (Leviticus 23:32 NKJV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,074.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
guevaraj
Nowhere did you quote anything from the New Testament saying that the Sabbath is now Sunday.
That’s because it never ever says that.

We are told more than once in the Bible that the Almighty will not alter what goes out of his mouth. Do you believe that? Or do you believe that he didn’t really mean it? Maybe he decided later to change his mind? Of course that would conflict with the Bible verses that say he doesn’t change.

At Mount Sinai, to the terrified Israelites below, he spoke the 10 Commandments audibly. And this included a Friday night to Saturday night Sabbath.

When Messiah was talking to his followers about the time when Rome would come and destroy the temple he told them to pray that their flight would not be in the winter or on the Sabbath. This shows clearly that he did not change the Sabbath.

He didn’t change anything that the Father ordained because he and the Father are one.

Whenever people want to quote something to try to convince others that the seventh day is not the Sabbath anymore, they never actually show anything saying that in the Bible. They quote this and that and expound on this and that.

They talk about what Paul said, actually only what they think he said. But Paul never said that Sunday Is now the sabbath. And just think for a minute. If you think that Paul actually had any authority whatsoever at any time to nullify one single thing that was ordained by the Almighty, does that make him your deity?

Doesn’t the Bible command us not to add to or subtract from it? Why would Paul be an exception?

Yes Paul had this astounding experience on the road to Damascus and got healing for the resulting blindness. So what?

Many have had remarkable miracles. But nowhere in the Bible are we told that Paul, or anyone else, had the authority to change what was spoken audibly by the Almighty at Mount Sinai, and that was written with his very finger on stone. Stone as in permanent.

Paul kept the law. All of it. This is shown when he was questioned by the Jewish authorities and told them that never at any time had he broken the Jewish law or the Roman law.

What does the Jewish, really Israelite/Torah law require? A Saturday Sabbath, observing high holy days and new moons, eating only clean foods.

And please don’t tell me he was just being a Jew for Jews. There is no divide between Jews and non-Jews in the Bible. In the Old Testament we are told there is only one law for both the foreigners and the Israelites. In the New Testament we are told there is neither Greek nor Jew.

If you want to tell me that Sunday is now the Sabbath, while never quoting anything in the New Testament that says that, then please tell me what you really believe. Where the Almighty said he would not alter what goes out of his mouth, do you believe that? Or not? Do you think maybe he was confused, or a little wishy-washy about the future or something?

Do you believe that somehow a little mortal like Paul had the right to change the longest commandment of the Almighty? Yes or no please. Please support your answers with Bible verses. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, this next sentence does not start the first day, it gives the end of the first day as a "night" from evening to morning. The first day ends in a morning and not in an evening like the Sabbath in the Promised Land. The first day started before this sentence, in the special case of the first day from first light to light again in the "morning".

And there was EVENING, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NIV)​

From evening to morning is what God called "night", you are missing a morning to evening that God called "day".

View attachment 306848

Notice that God did not say in the next passage the "night" half from evening to morning as He said on the first day.

It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.” (Leviticus 23:32 NKJV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
FYI- This is not the belief of the SDA church nor what the SDA teaches. The Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening.

Here is the official stance of the SDA church on the Sabbath:

The gracious Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God’s unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God’s kingdom. The Sabbath is God’s perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God’s creative and redemptive acts. (Gen. 2:1-3; Exod. 20:8-11; 31:13-17; Lev. 23:32; Deut. 5:12-15; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Ezek. 20:12, 20; Matt. 12:1-12; Mark 1:32; Luke 4:16; Heb. 4:1-11.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
guevaraj, Nowhere did you quote anything from the New Testament saying that the Sabbath is now Sunday. That’s because it never ever says that.
Sister, the Sabbath explained in Hebrews 3 and 4 is only the seventh day in Eden and anywhere else it falls between two days of the week, like in the Promised Land.
We are told more than once in the Bible that the Almighty will not alter what goes out of his mouth. Do you believe that? Or do you believe that he didn’t really mean it? Maybe he decided later to change his mind? Of course that would conflict with the Bible verses that say he doesn’t change.
God does not change, what needs to change is our understanding of the Sabbath, it is not a day of the week because when God made it "holy", He set it apart from the week in the Eden time zone.
At Mount Sinai, to the terrified Israelites below, he spoke the 10 Commandments audibly. And this included a Friday night to Saturday night Sabbath.
That is the correct Sabbath time for the Promised Land and it falls between two days of the week and not as supposed on the seventh day in the Promised Land.
When Messiah was talking to his followers about the time when Rome would come and destroy the temple he told them to pray that their flight would not be in the winter or on the Sabbath. This shows clearly that he did not change the Sabbath.
God’s Sabbath has not changed! What changes is our understanding of God’s Sabbath from a day of the week to set in the Eden time zone separate from the week.
He didn’t change anything that the Father ordained because he and the Father are one. Whenever people want to quote something to try to convince others that the seventh day is not the Sabbath anymore, they never actually show anything saying that in the Bible. They quote this and that and expound on this and that.
What I am sharing is God’s message in Hebrews 3 and 4.
They talk about what Paul said, actually only what they think he said. But Paul never said that Sunday Is now the sabbath. And just think for a minute. If you think that Paul actually had any authority whatsoever at any time to nullify one single thing that was ordained by the Almighty, does that make him your deity?
Paul changes our understanding of the Sabbath from our tradition of a weekday to set in the Eden time zone separate from the week.
Doesn’t the Bible command us not to add to or subtract from it? Why would Paul be an exception?
God through Paul in Hebrews 3 and 4 is making us aware of an ancient human tradition that is wrong about what it means for God to make the seventh day of creation “holy”: set in the Eden time zone separate from the week.
Yes Paul had this astounding experience on the road to Damascus and got healing for the resulting blindness. So what?
God used Paul to slowly grow Gentiles who are turning to God.
Many have had remarkable miracles. But nowhere in the Bible are we told that Paul, or anyone else, had the authority to change what was spoken audibly by the Almighty at Mount Sinai, and that was written with his very finger on stone. Stone as in permanent.
What God did when He rested on the seventh day of creation has not changed, what we assume, the Sabbath as the seventh day of the week everywhere, changes when understood is the message of God in Hebrews 3 and 4.
Paul kept the law. All of it. This is shown when he was questioned by the Jewish authorities and told them that never at any time had he broken the Jewish law or the Roman law. What does the Jewish, really Israelite/Torah law require? A Saturday Sabbath, observing high holy days and new moons, eating only clean foods.
God tells us through Paul that the Sabbath is separate from Saturday everywhere except Eden in Hebrews 3 and 4.
And please don’t tell me he was just being a Jew for Jews. There is no divide between Jews and non-Jews in the Bible. In the Old Testament we are told there is only one law for both the foreigners and the Israelites. In the New Testament we are told there is neither Greek nor Jew.
God through Paul is slowly growing the Gentiles who are turning to God.
If you want to tell me that Sunday is now the Sabbath, while never quoting anything in the New Testament that says that, then please tell me what you really believe. Where the Almighty said he would not alter what goes out of his mouth, do you believe that? Or not? Do you think maybe he was confused, or a little wishy-washy about the future or something?
God does not change, it is our understanding of God that changes.
Do you believe that somehow a little mortal like Paul had the right to change the longest commandment of the Almighty? Yes or no please. Please support your answers with Bible verses. Thank you.
God through Paul changes our understanding of His Sabbath in Hebrews 3 and 4 from a day of the week to set in the Eden time zone separate from the week. United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,074.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I couldn’t bear to finish reading your post. It is full of too much double talk. First you say that the Lord doesn’t change and then you say well yeah he did change.

All that stuff about an Eden time zone is nowhere to be found in Scriptures. That is one reason why I just couldn’t bear to go on reading your post. And by the way we don’t even know where Eden was now since the great flood changed so much. Not including the sabbath of course.

Also you keep acting like Paul is your deity and acting like the Lord gave him special authority to re-interpret scripture, which absolutely nothing in the Bible confirms. He was just a person like you and me. Yes he was sent to the Gentiles, but he was not sent to give them a false gospel,

It isn’t smart to go against Commandments, especially when they have been explained to you very thoroughly by many people.

I have nothing more to say to you as I don’t think it would be a good expenditure of your time or mine.

Blessings and bye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
we don’t even know where Eden was now since the great flood changed so much.
Sister, Eden is on God's prime meridian on the true International Date Line. United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0