Hebrews 3 and 4 is God's weekly Sabbath for everyone!

Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, neither evening nor morning is 12 hours. What are 12 hours are what God called "day" and "night". If you want to state the beginning and the end of these 12 hour halves you would say from morning to evening for "day" and from evening to morning for "night.
View attachment 306812

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

nope ... you are adding a morning prior to the first evening Gods day begins with ...

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
nope ... you are adding a morning prior to the first evening Gods day begins with ...
Brother, this next sentence does not start the first day, it gives the end of the first day as a "night" from evening to morning. The first day ends in a morning and not in an evening like the Sabbath in the Promised Land. The first day started before this sentence.

And there was EVENING, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NIV)​

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, this next sentence does not start the first day, it gives the end of the first day as a "night" from evening to morning. The first day ends in a morning and not in an evening like the Sabbath in the Promised Land. The first day started before this sentence.

And there was EVENING, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:5 NIV)​

i have never said the first day ends in an evening, but that it starts with an evening followed by a morning ... the following evening ( day two ) is another day altogether ....

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have tried reasoning with this poster and this is not the belief of the SDA church.

Sabbath is clearly spelled out in the scriptures
Lev 23:32 from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.”

the discussion is not about sabbath keeping times according to Judaism, but follows on from post 9 which is about the fact that Gods first day began in the evening ...

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
i have never said the first day ends in an evening, but that it starts with an evening followed by a morning ... the following evening ( day two ) is another day altogether ....
Brother, you didn't say that the Sabbath in the Promised Land ends in an evening, but God does. Notice that God did not say in the next passage the "night" half from evening to morning as He said on the first day.

It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.” (Leviticus 23:32 NKJV)​

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, you didn't say that the Sabbath in the Promised Land ends in an evening, but God does. Notice that God did not say in the next passage the "night" half from evening to morning as He said on the first day.

It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.” (Leviticus 23:32 NKJV)​

your deviating from the fact that God started out His creation in the evening ...

i can see what your doing ... but you do not need to add a morning prior to the evening in which Gods first day of creation started out in to somehow give credence to the weakly sabbath rests ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
your deviating from the fact that Gods started out His creation in the evening ... i can see what your doing ... but you do not need to add a morning prior to the evening in which Gods first day of creation started out in to somehow give credence to the weakly sabbath rests ...
Brother, darkness is not the same as an evening, they are two different words that mean different things. God did not start creation week in an evening, He began creation week in darkness.

day&Sabbath.png

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, darkness is not the same as an evening, they are two different words that mean different things. God did not start creation week in an evening, He began creation week in darkness.

View attachment 306815

i have been saying all along that the first day begins in the evening followed by morning and that light comes out of darkness as in the the day follows the night, which all speak to the same truth, and yet not once have you agreed, but instead you have tried to insert your weakly sabbath keeping doctrine into this discussion .... forgive me but i find this deceptive as i have made no mention of the weakly sabbath which follow after each other and therefor have evenings and mornings either side of them, but stated that the seventh day of creation where God did no labor has no times as in mornings or evenings attached to it ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
the discussion is not about sabbath keeping times according to Judaism, but follows on from post 9 which is about the fact that Gods first day began in the evening ...
It follows the same principles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
i have been saying all along that the first day begins in the evening followed by morning and that light comes out of darkness as in the the day follows the night, which all speak to the same truth, and yet not once have you agreed, but instead you have tried to insert your weakly sabbath keeping doctrine into this discussion .... forgive me but i find this deceptive as i have made no mention of the weakly sabbath which follow after each other and therefor have evenings and mornings either side of them, but stated that the seventh day of creation where God did no labor has no times as in mornings or evenings attached to it ...
Brother, note that it is not possible for the creation week to go from a first state of darkness to an evening to start the week of creation, the only movement available from the first state of darkness is a morning to begin the week of creation.
day&Sabbath.png

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It follows the same principles.

yes the law was with God from before the beginning, but only came into effect when spoken to Adam on the sixth day he was created in ... this is not what the discussion is about ... guevaraj has been saying that there was a morning in place before the first evening of the creative weak which is not scriptural but an adding to Gods word ... now he is entitled to have opinions of what was before the creation but he can not insert them into the book to uphold his own theory if they are not in it ...

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have had sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, note that it is not possible for the creation week to go from a first state of darkness to an evening to start the week of creation, the only movement available from the first state of darkness is a morning to begin the week of creation.
View attachment 306816

i have said no such thing about darkness going to or moving to an evening ... these are your words not mine ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
yes the law was with God from before the beginning, but only came into effect when spoken to Adam on the sixth day he was created in ... this is not what the discussion is about ... guevaraj has been saying that there was a morning in place before the first evening of the creative weak which is not scriptural but an adding to Gods word ... now he is entitled to have opinions of what was before the creation but he can not insert them into the book to uphold his own theory if they are not in it ...

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have had sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.
I understand. The biblical days are from evening to evening which is why the Sabbath is celebrated from evening to evening to cover the entire Sabbath day.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand. The biblical days are from evening to evening which is why the Sabbath is celebrated from evening to evening to cover the entire Sabbath day.

so how many evenings and mornings are there up until Gods work finished ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 3 and 4 of the New Living Translation (NLT) of the Bible with my commentary:

The thought that came to me while reading that, was that the house is established, plowing fields and bearing fruit is the present mandate.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
so how many evenings and mornings are there up until Gods work finished ?
Six days He created the heavens and earth. God stopped working and blessed the seventh day and sanctified it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seven. Six days He created the heavens and earth. After He created the seventh day God stopped working and blessed the seventh day and sanctified it

so according to you God labored on the seventh day ... in effect breaking His own law ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
so according to you God labored on the seventh day ... in effect breaking His own law ...
The seventh day was created by God. He rested on the seventh day according to the scriptures

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. 2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,844.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I knew that was coming. The seventh day was created by God. He rested on the seventh day according to the scriptures

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. 2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

so did He labor on the seventh day or rest from His labor ... it can't be both

Upvote 0