He hasnt really given me anything yet (god)

Skreiaberg

Jul 22, 2021
Skreia
✟8,724.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I pray a little often when im the most bored and stuff and I seek out to someone, but nether jesus or god have showed himself to me yet I guess, my christian neighbour says I havent really reached out yet like he has seen jesus when he did it himself, but I guess im more into nature really and real things sort of, never really been religious or anything like that, I just find life so boring, I do alot to make others happy and to have some fun, but theres really nothing to do here, no internetcafes, discoteques, public baths, food-markets.. you get the idea, Ive always been kind and Im also very openminded about a existence of a god and jesus, but it just seems like a road to nothingness, I mean life, shouldnt god and jesus have have shown themselves yet since I always do the right thing?

Attachments

• 0BEA1306-FE0F-11EB-971A-165906ADEA05.jpg
    0BEA1306-FE0F-11EB-971A-165906ADEA05.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 4

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I pray a little often when im the most bored and stuff and I seek out to someone, but nether jesus or god have showed himself to me yet I guess, my christian neighbour says I havent really reached out yet like he has seen jesus when he did it himself, but I guess im more into nature really and real things sort of, never really been religious or anything like that, I just find life so boring, I do alot to make others happy and to have some fun, but theres really nothing to do here, no internetcafes, discoteques, public baths, food-markets.. you get the idea, Ive always been kind and Im also very openminded about a existence of a god and jesus, but it just seems like a road to nothingness, I mean life, shouldnt god and jesus have have shown themselves yet since I always do the right thing?
If God is God, he owes you nothing, no matter what you do.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
but I guess im more into nature really and real things sort of, never really been religious or anything like that,

mark-12-30-3.jpg

Jeremiah 29

10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

Nature is great, it’s beautiful and can be soothing…but there is no salvation in nature.

What are you looking for ….What are you expecting…..What do you want out of life?

Personally, I am ok with you not being religious …I’m not either…. Christianity is a way of life.

Being openminded is really not saying much ….I can be openminded about the mating habits of fruit flies, but until I start to study them and understand, and why they think rotting fruit is delicious, there will be no excitement……………probably not even after I study them….but to an Entomologist …that’s excitement.

The truth is …when it comes to God and His son Jesus Christ…..to know them is to love them….once you start to get a knowledge …then your life will begin to change….and you will grow, and that boring life you once had will be left in the dust…..And it’s up to you how far you want to go with God …there are no limits. It’s your choice…right now you are the lone person on a teeter totter trying to have a good time…but it doesn’t work that way….so why not ….what have you got to loose.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God has the best things the 'universe' has to offer, you don't imagine and can't understand, but if i were you i jump on Jesus boat in a second fast, not only you will go to heaven, your soul is going to be more satisfied too in this earth.

Upvote 0

mmarco

Aug 7, 2019
Roma
✟54,312.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

First of all, if you want to meet Christ you must be humble, and thinking you "always do the right thing" leads you in the opposite direction. You must understand that you are a sinner and that you often do the wrong thing; only God always does the right thing.
Besides, the fact that there are no internetcafes or discoteques is totally irrilevant, because you will never meet Christ there.
My first suggestion is to become more humble and aware of you sins; try to understand better and more deeply the teachings of the christian faith, discuss your doubts with other christians, and pray more; when you pray, talk to God about everything is making you unhappy, and the Lord will confort you. You must understand that God loves you infinitely, and when we love and feel loved, life is never boring.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Being into nature is a good way to see the hand of the one who created nature.

Your friend may not have given you an accurate description of God. The prayers of those he has a relationship with are received with greater attention.

A relationship with God comes through faith (trust) in his son Jesus. Faith in Jesus comes from being able to recognize truth. Jesus said that those who were of the truth would hear his voice.

Your experience of boredom is interesting because it defines the boarder between suffering and happiness. Many people are stuck cycling between suffering and boredom. They may respond to boredom with actions that bring them into suffer only to struggle back and regain boredom.

To breakthrough into the realm of happiness one has to shift from a self focused taking and consuming into a other focused giving and helping. This is most easily done with a new nature that is the result of being regenerated (receiving new life) when one trusts in Jesus.

If one spends their time in the realm of boredom seeking new thrills and diversions, they will probably drift back into suffering. If they dedicate themselves to seeking truth, they will find it in Jesus.

This can open the door to selflessness and love upon which all happiness is sustained.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noted Skreialberg said "God has not given me anything yet"; so I wonder if God has been asked into this seeker's heart and life, through the Savior: the Lord Jesus Christ (as John 3; John 14; etc.) --which is required of our Creator-God. Many thousands of saints are in God's grace NOW with assurance of eternity in Heaven, and finding peace and blessings, by knowing and trusting the Lord Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their life --talking with Him daily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, God, did show himself over 2000 years ago, and they nailed him to a cross.
Today, he isn't hiding from you or from anyone. If you really want to find him read His Word. I found him there in the Gospel of John at a time in my life when I wasn't sure he existed, but I was desperate to know the truth about him, and began reading His Word not knowing what I would find there, but willing to accept whatever I did find if it convinced me that it is true. I was convinced that the bible is true & my life changed forever.
Search for Him in His Word as though nothing in your life means more than knowing him.

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0