Feb 16, 2006
✟7,944.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Amazing how much can change when faced with hardships. After the single most stressful month of my life, I've started having a lot of doubts about religion. It's like I've got an angel sitting on my right shoulder and a devil on my left, and I know the angel is always right but the devil just seems to make sense, y'know?

Like evolution for example...if we're really all just monkies that got too smart (and there is actually evidence that humans are getting even smarter), isn't it possible that we've got it all wrong?

I dunno...that's the part I've always struggled with in the past. It's not about the right religion, it's always been about the existence of God in the first place.

Anyway, I obviously could use some prayers, so send some this way if ya can.

Take care all.

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have those types of doubts on a regular basis. When it comes to science I just have to keep remembering that just because we can explain a couple of his methods doesn't mean they're any less miraculous. It's like a car, just because I can take it apart and tell you sort of how it works doesn't mean it didn't have a designer.....

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
areniel said:
Amazing how much can change when faced with hardships. After the single most stressful month of my life, I've started having a lot of doubts about religion. It's like I've got an angel sitting on my right shoulder and a devil on my left, and I know the angel is always right but the devil just seems to make sense, y'know?

Like evolution for example...if we're really all just monkies that got too smart (and there is actually evidence that humans are getting even smarter), isn't it possible that we've got it all wrong?

I dunno...that's the part I've always struggled with in the past. It's not about the right religion, it's always been about the existence of God in the first place.

Take care all.

I will pray for you...:crossrc: Its normal at times to have all sorts of doubts, but one needs at that time to go back to what God teachs through the Church and to hang onto that by faith..... I used to wonder about God and about evolution and creation alot when I was a very young Christian.

One day I was way out in the countryside and on a small hill, I looked out all around me and I could see for miles and miles whatever way I looked. I saw the hills, the trees, the river and the animals all perfectly placed and the beauty of it made me catch my breath, I truely saw God in His creation that day and I never doubted Him again.

This world didnt happen by accident, its too perfectly balanced. Yes man is getting even smarter, but man is also getting very evil and at the same time dumber. We can only believe in ourselves and are arrogant and proud, thats not smart.. God has known all along that we would be like this and all through Scriptures we are warned about what man will do.

Go for a walk in the countryside and look at nature, you will see Him in His creation.

I will pray for you.

Blessings

Les

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
areniel said:

Take care all.

You got it. I wish I had some magic words to say...but words are not always adequate to address the sort of doubts you are experiencing. I will certainly pray for you. Just do yourself a favor and keep your heart open to the tugging of the Holy Spirit.

God's Peace,

NewMan

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I think about the existence of God, I look around at nature, my cat, the human body, the complexity of a single molecule, etc and am just simply in sheer awe about it! You know, I just know that it is not possible for such an awesome creation to come about without a creator. :) Of course there are lots of other reasons why I believe in God. Some of those other reasons include having prayers answered and such. There have also been those occasions when I knew that angels were around me protecting me from danger. That and the hope of God has always gotten me through the rough times. Believe me, if I did not have faith in God throughout my life, I probably wouldn't be here today.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.